JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Double - Should Have Tried feat. Heartsdales

Author Topic: 私のアホ家族(My Stupid Family)[24/6 - Chapter 25: A Series of Unfortunate Events]  (Read 93953 times)

Offline dark-atrox

• -KOJIPA IKEMEN SUKI DA YO!-
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^_^TOMO-ACCHAN^_^
dark-atrox: You sound so disappointed. XD
:lol:  LOL but nope, I'm not disappointed, its just I can't seem to like RenAi
even if u paid me, btw! kidding  :cathappy:
And Gaki, it's Gaki  XD XD XD (TakaGaki loyal fan) it's Gokkies time, i guess  :)
And I lol'd too much at Sayu and with her ebil-ness  :twisted:

PS: So, they're Takahashi-mama's common friend eh?  :cathappy: (Gorokkies?)
Anddddddddddd I'm still rooting Gaki as the father  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline aussie

• ecchi
  • Member+
Poor Gaki. So Sayu was the mystery celebrity client she had been dealing with that was being difficult. Go figure :lol:

I liked the TanaShige confrontation here. Despite the outward appearance of hostility, I like the thinly veiled love and caring between the two cousins, such as the reference to Sayu pretty much picking Reina back up from the wound that was inflicted on her by Ai's sudden departure. I like it how Sayu says she gave Reina her life back, and I also liked Reina's admission to it rather than fighting back and the whole scene exploding out to a major....er, disagreement XD
I guess then it was not only out of family feeling Reina asked Sayu to tag along in PLAY.

Curious though, how Gaki does not seem to know Sayu and Reina personally and only knows them as members of the famous idol group. She is best friends with Ai yet she does not seem to know her past with Reina (and Sayu). Makes me wonder how Ai came to know the two cousins, and I'm gathering now it was probably not at school then, if Gaki does not know them. Another mystery added :D

Will Gaki be in for a shock when she visits her 'normal' best friend? XD Staying tuned.
One last note, will Eri be making some sort of an appearance in this story, or was she just used as a relevant excuse to force PLAY on break and give them time to meet up with Ai and Riho? XD

aussie: I'm so glad to have a ReinAi supporter in you, I really am. We are the few and proud, I think. XD ReinAi isn't immediately obvious IRL, you get the sense that they have this deep bond, or had, even though they don't seem to goof around as obviously as the others do. Hell, we have more evidence of Ai hanging out with just about everyone else except Reina. It annoys me, but then Ai also has this habit of never really revealing the really private stuff. It might be inner ReinAi fan in my talking, but the more they have to hide, the more real they are to me. XD I'll settle for them having a high level of trust and a deep friendship if nothing else. The kind where you don't really need words. You get the feeling they really appreciate each other, since Ai likes how Reina is able to be so sure and honest about herself, while Reina feels like she can tell Ai anything (an interview a year or two back XD). But yeah, I tend to blur the lines when I write fic about them. They are a pairing near and dear to my heart. :)

I do have a soft spot for ReinAi. When Eri was still around I used to struggle between TanaKame and ReinAi, and while I still appreciate TanaKame I have been finding myself leaning towards ReinAi a bit more lately. I don't know what it is I find so appealing about them, because they are not the 'best friends' pairing like SayuEri or even TakaGaki *shudders*, nor do they have the fangirling appeal Sayu has with Aichan. I think I just like the air they have around each other, and how Reina doesn't seem to mind being the 'baby' character when she is with Aichan.

Reina never really hangs out with anyone XD It's one thing about her that frustrates me a little as a fan, but hey, that's just the way she is ^^;
As long as you continue to write ReinAi fics I think my ReinAi fandom shall be safe, especially with Aichan's graduation which is expected to force a shortage of ReinAi goodness IRL :(
(I'm still waiting for Destiny Love to be updated, just because you promised a happy ending for once :P)
Oh, I do hope ReinAi can work it out here too :D

Offline oddball

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Off in the woods........
Oh dear seems as though Gaki isw destined to get caught in the middle quite alot in this story, seems as though she jsut got very much stuck with Reina and Sayu and it will I'm sure only be a matter of time before she figures out about Ai and Reina and I suspect she will be in the middle again, especially now that Sayu mentioned how hurt Reina was by Ai leaving...

As for Sayu, eeep, talk about a scary side, I wonder if this is a side which really on Reina, and I suppose to an extent Gaiki, see from her. Did she really keep Ai's return a secret from Reina for her own good? Maybe she did, but perhaps she had her own agenda in that as well.... Hmm, I wonder if Sayu will casue some trouble to riho now, to get at Reina, if not Ai.....

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
Quick update because I'm awesome like that! Also because you guys commented lots, real fast. XD

Kikk4r: No problem, I always find it difficult to comment for other people, and I'm a writer! :lol: Reina vs Sayumi is always full of win. XD Here's more~

rndy: I knew you would be happy with the Gaki POV. I definitely thought of you when the idea came to me. XD As for why I don't care for Gaki, I'm not entirely sure why. I seem to like her well enough when it comes to her voice. I really like how she sounds on radio, and I think she sings really well. She amuses me with her personality sometimes. But I just can't seem to like her the way a fan would. Something about her just doesn't sit right with me. I appreciate her and what she brings to the group, but I can never be a dedicated fan of her. Plus she can also sometimes be quite hot, which my brain cannot compute when it happens. XD Most of the time she just makes me laugh when I watch her in performances. Again, don't ask me why. Maybe it's the fact she just seems so over the top at times. I take her more seriously when she doesn't overdo things, and like her better then too. But yeah. That's why. And I get what you mean about the hate/love thing. I try to not use "hate" for anything, because it's such a strong word. Love though...I usually mean in the daisuki sense, rather than the aishiteru, which is why I like Japanese better for their ability to qualify those two nuances separately. XD English can be horrifically imprecise for that particular word. XD And I don't mind you ranting! Look at what I did! XD

KirikomoriHime: That is a longass nickname. Can I just call you KiriHime and skip the inbetween? XD Welcome to my threads! May you return with regularity! I'm happy to hear that you like my story. :) Riho's my favorite kyuuki too, and I miss badass Reina IRL, which is why I bring her back in fic so often. XD Please direct your final request at rokun. I'm sure he can produce something with a hint or two from me, like in so many of his pervs. Right. XD

drac: Sayu has an incredible presence. Even moreso in creepy stalker mode. Reina knows her cousin. She figured it out eventually. XD Risa is always the senpai in other fics, whereas here seniority means nothing, and hence the SayuReina combi can work their magic. XD Ai keeps her secrets very well. Besides, Ai is Risa's best friend. I never mentioned anything about it being the other way round. Not that Ai doesn't appreciate Risa. She is just...less likely to talk about things. XD And Gaki-san knows well enough that normal for her is...less than normal for the more normal people out there. And that's way too many qualifications of normal in one sentence.

dark-atrox: I will convert you. Maybe I'll never make you a ReinAi devotee, but in the way rndy has been converted, I can make you appreciate ReinAi when I write it. Hurhur. It will happen in time. I'm that good. :P More random Gokkies here. XD

aussie: I love building links between my characters in the background. Six degrees of association (or less!) is very much at work here. XD I'm glad you picked up on the TanaShige chemistry here. They might fight a lot, but they do care. Reina doesn't like how she is indebted to Sayu, but she is grateful. Sayu might be evil and poison-tongued, but Reina's still family, and Sayu looks out for family. In her own sneaky way. There's a very good reason as to why Gaki (and by extension Ai's friends in general) don't know about Reina and Sayu. But that's another story (please don't tell me I need a prequel in addition to the sequel I'm already planning orz). Eri will have a cameo, but her presence, or lack thereof, is really just a catalyst, as you've noticed, for Reina and Sayu meeting Ai and Riho. They would have been too busy otherwise. XD
ReinAi has their own dynamic that I always find so endearing when done right. They play around a lot, and Reina doesn't mind being a kitten with Ai. She seems...softer...somehow with Ai. Normally she's always so proud and tsundere. XD I'll probably continue writing ReinAi until some other pairing gets my attention *coughwhen9thgengrowsupcough*

oddball: Gaki just has the misfortune of being in the wrong place at the wrong time, though "caught between" might not be the best word for it. She's hardly the point of contention there. XD Just...an innocent bystander who got dragged into the mess for no discernable reason. XD But yes, you noticed Sayu's dualistic nature. Perhaps she means to help Reina, perhaps she has her own motives. I like writing Sayu like this. XD She's so much more interesting this way, don't you think?

Aaand time to edit and post!

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline KirikomoriHime

• Mittsi Wota~
  • Member+
  • すべては愛の力 <3
WEDGE -wanted to do that- lol KiriHime is fine xD

~ GakiKame, KameShige, TakaMitsii , JunSayu, YajiSuzu, MiyaSaki~

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
The Enquiry

It had been a strange two weeks.

First, the good news. Riho had two copies of the magazine where she had made her modelling debut. A small step, but definitely one in the right direction!

It was somehow very satisfying to see herself on the glossy pages of the magazine, even if she still found fault with a lot of things about herself in general. Being self-critical came naturally when you had Takahashi Ai for a mother. It ran in the blood.

Everyone had been effusive with praise. Both Konno-san and Ogawa-san called to tell her that they bought copies of the issue. Niigaki-san also dropped by to treat her and Mama to dinner to celebrate the occasion, which gave Riho a headache deciding whether she was more happy about the amount of food she could gorge on or her debut. Then the food came and she forgot all about the question. One track minds were such useful things at times.

That was the good news. Well, technically having Michishige-san tell you that she bought a dozen copies of the spread would be a good thing, but Riho had found herself instinctively taking a half step back with a wide eyed look of apprehension at the declaration. Apparently, her instincts for self-preservation were well developed already.

Tanaka-san did not bother buying a copy. She just 'nicked one of Sayu's, since she has so many' -- her words exactly. Riho couldn't quite fault that logic. Though Tanaka-san also bought her a lot of chocolate to celebrate, so all was well in the world.

Speaking of Tanaka-san, well, there was that odd thing that had been bugging her for the past week and a half. Or thereabouts. She couldn't be sure. Because Mama had also been more mopey than usual, so Riho's concentration on anything else had been just a little scattered.

It was probably the last week or so when she began noticing how things were not quite the same. Oh, there was always the familiar sense of being watched. She had learned to ignore the chill running down her spine after a while, though it still kept her on her toes.

Tanaka-san wasn't talking very much. That was odd. Sure, Tanaka-san didn't talk very much when they first met, but after she had warmed up some, the more experienced idol was a veritable chatterbox. Riho was somewhat in awe of the effortless way Reina could make conversation, and not only that, make it interesting. She was a one-woman show, and was  somehow still able to make space in the conversation for Riho to participate.

Instead, there had been a return to the sulky Tanaka-san of their first meetings, except sulky might not quite be the right word. Sullen? It was surely pensive enough. Tanaka-san seemed perpetually distracted and deep in thought. On more than one occasion, Riho had caught her senpai muttering to herself when she thought Riho wasn't looking.

It worried her. Riho had come to genuinely like the young woman. She had gone from 'Tanaka Reina - superstar' to 'Tanaka Reina - fun and friendly senpai' to her over the months. While they were not quite friends, Riho had grown quite attached to the cat-like idol. It made Riho wonder how anyone could have bought into that scary image that Tanaka-san projected at times. The real thing was harmless. Well, mostly.

If anything, Tanaka-san just seemed...depressed. The usual scowl had no fire in it. Tanaka-san often looked troubled as she looked at her. That really worried Riho. She even mentioned it to her Mama, but Ai had just smiled a little sadly and told Riho not to worry about it.

Which made Riho more than a little suspicious. She was not often given to doubt, especially not when it concerned her mother, but there was just something in the way her Mama had referred to Tanaka-san that just didn't quite click with her. The amount of time Mama spent in her own world had also increased of late, and that just amplified Riho's anxiety.

Of course, she hadn't been quite so desperate to go to a certain Michishige Sayumi. There was no getting past the fact that while Michishige-san certainly liked her a lot, Riho still felt understandably quite jumpy around the (self-proclaimed) ichiban kawaii idol. She liked Michishige-san well enough, but was content to keep her distance.

And so, borrowing advice she had so often heard from her Mama's lips, Riho went to seek out one Konno Asami instead. 'When in doubt, ask Kon-chan. She knows something about everything.' It did seem that way to little Riho. Whenever she ran into difficulty with her homework, she never needed a tutor, not when Konno-san was but a mere phone call away.

Granted, this was advice of a different sort, but Riho had faith in her Mama's smartest friend. She didn't tell her Mama she was going though. Something told her it would defeat the purpose. God would forgive her for this minor deceit. Or someone would, somehow. It was for the greater good.

Riho vaguely recalled bedtime stories where a funny old wizard with twinkly eyes often spouted that phrase. Seeing as how Mama was the one reading them to her, Riho logically concluded that her Mama must agree with those words.

That said, Riho had had an interesting childhood. Where other children grew up on ordinary fairytales, Riho had Harry Potter instead. Along with assorted other fantasy titles and stories about depression and child abuse. Not that she knew what they meant. But Mama seemed to like them, and they might have contributed to Riho's inability to sleep alone. Being terrified to death had a great deal to do with it.

But back to her present circumstances. She was having tea and takoyaki with the resident genius and eccentric (some say mad) scientist, otherwise known as Konno Asami. Riho had eyed the refreshments with some wariness, remembering a time-honored warning from her Mama, but hunger (and repeated assurances) had won out in the end.

Though she had nearly choked on the takoyaki when Konno offhandedly mentioned that the sauce was part of a demonstration at the university. They didn't have to do the Heimlich to remove any obstruction, though water (and a brief digression into fun anecdotes from the fluid mechanics lecture Konno had helped to conduct in the absence of her fellow professor) had helped.

Now fed and watered, Riho related her worries to the bespectacled genius, who seemed to be doodling DNA helixes in the leftover sauce on the dish. When laid out in logical fashion, Riho felt mildly foolish for coming all the way to ask Konno-san about her concerns. It did feel a lot like she was doing a whole lot of worrying over nothing. She was just about to forget about the whole business when Konno looked up slowly, peering at her as if from a great distance. Riho suddenly felt very small in her seat.

"You first noticed this...strange behavior since, a week ago?"

Riho nodded. "Mama's been a little strange, well, stranger than usual, since after Mothers' Day, actually. I didn't actually see Tanaka-san until a week ago, and she was weird too."

"Did anything in particular happen?" Konno had a very intent expression on her face. Only the microscopes in her lab ever bore witness to that expression, since it was only while peering through them that she ever got that kind of look. It was one of utter concentration.

"Not that I know of." Riho shrugged. "Well, Tanaka-san helped me to surprise Mama on Mothers' Day, but nothing weird happened. In fact, they seemed to get along."

"Really?" Konno frowned, stirring another cube of sugar into her tea as she pondered the facts. "You say they got along?"

"They seemed..." Riho struggled for the right word to express herself, "...comfortable around each other? I don't know. Mama is usually more reserved around strangers, but she wasn't like that with Tanaka-san, not really. And Tanaka-san seemed to be having fun too."

"That's...interesting." A light seemed to come to life behind those wire-rimmed glasses, making the lenses spark strangely as Konno pushed them further up her nose. A look of understanding washed over her face, and she reached reactively for her notebook, her hand already scribbling away furiously as she studied Riho intensely again.

Riho squirmed under the gaze, feeling vaguely like a specimen under a microscope. What was it with the adults around her? Were none of them properly sane and reasonable? Well, there was Niigaki-san, when she wasn't being excessively histronic. It was a pity Ogawa-san wasn't around. She missed her bluff good humour.

"Um, Konno-san? What did you figure out?" Riho asked tentatively after a few minutes where the scientist had been muttering away to herself.

"Hm? Oh, nothing in particular. Just...a little piece in a puzzle I've been missing for a long, long time." Konno beamed as she regarded Riho. "It all makes sense now, except for how. And possibly when, but I know when it, I mean you, happened -- but never mind that."

"What?" Riho didn't get it. Konno chuckled nervously. If Ai knew that she had blurted out anything at all, she was sure her old friend would turn her into a pincushion for her own test tubes.

"Just let the adults work things out themselves. You're not going to be able to help much with your worrying." Konno advised, patting Riho on the head. Riho squirmed away from the touch, disliking being treated like a pet. She might tolerate it coming from her Mama, but not anyone else.

"I still don't get it though." Riho grumbled, pouting sulkily with arms folded. She tapped the floor impatiently with one foot, as if it would give her answers by sheer force of will alone.

If anything, her words only triggered a strange laughter from Konno. When her little visitor finally decided to leave, Asami stared after her from the door, before chuckling again to herself.

"Oh you'll figure it out, soon enough." Asami removed her glasses, cleaning it absently on the hem of her shirt before returning them to their usual place.

"Ai-chan never leaves anything unfinished, after all..."

============================================

Wrote this on a whim. It practically wrote itself, come to think of it. XD

Bedtime nao. Gotta wake up early for work.

EDIT: Congrats! Your first wedge, I believe? :D Good job!

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline KirikomoriHime

• Mittsi Wota~
  • Member+
  • すべては愛の力 <3
Ai-chan is depressed? Oh no! -gives her Reina porn- There you go! -pats on head and gives Ai-chan porn to Reina-  :deco: <-- ... that's starting to look weird to me : x

AH more Konno :wub:

Sorry I'm not very imaginative with my comments, I'm going on 4 hours of sleep...  :sweatdrop:

~ GakiKame, KameShige, TakaMitsii , JunSayu, YajiSuzu, MiyaSaki~

Offline SarangAi

• TakaGaki<3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • GAKI-SAN!!! <333
AGH missed two chapters!  Sorry...  :sweatdrop:

But I caught up today!  and you have NO idea how happy i am to see Gaki-san and Konkon too!  even if it's just a little, it's good to see some gokkies~  :twothumbs

lol chapter 15 was so interesting... i can totally imagine Sayu giving that evil glare with a sweet smile to Gaki-san... what a paradox XD

chapter 16... aww~ it's kinda cute how Riho is all worried about her mom.  but Konkon definitely knows what's going with Reina and Ai, i think.  That last line kinda half-scared, just the way it was written, but maybe it means we'll get to see some happiness in this returned ReinAi love?  :wub:

avii&sig by the wonderful kawaii beam~!

Offline mmsuki

• rabid YajiSuzu fangirl!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
mmsuki: I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter. And my writing in general. Hehe. Even if I do torture you a great deal. :P I like making people emotional! And this wasn't that sad, was it? :P
thats the weird awesome thing about it.. it wasn't even that sad or depressing like the one in NR but something about that little scene/encounter was just so sad and painful(?) lol.. i don't know, its just the way you wrote and presented it... it was powerful enough to draw out emotion within me that thats not usually there.. LOL!  XD

Encounter
i'm really surprised that Risa is not aware of Sayu & Reina's connection to her good friend Ai-chan?..  :huhuh i mean, aside from knowing that Riho works with them.. does she not know of the past of Sayu, Reina and Ai?? XD

"The way you've implied things whenever you referred to the kid, the way you always follow her around so creepily -- yes I know that was you."
it looks like the Bunny was not being discreet as she thought she is.. :nervous the bunny's out of the hat now.. XD

"You were in pieces after she left. You were the one who said that you never wanted to see her again when she didn't come back. Or did you forget already, dear cousin? How you locked yourself up and cried..."
*clears throat, channels inner announcer/commentator voice* the anticipated match between the bunny and the kitten has began and the first blow is delivered by the bunny.. XD Kitten - 0 ; Bunny - 1 :onioncheer:

"I gave you back your life. I picked you up when you were broken and left for dead, or did you forget? When you lost your pretty little head and decided that you could take on a bunch of gangsters on your own..."
Kitten - 0 ; Bunny - 2.. the kitten not recovering from the previous blow, receives another.. at this rate if she doesn't start delivering blows of her own, she will lose.. the bunny is well known for giving out such poisonous blows that stuns its receiver effectively.. the Kitten should have known that from the start, and if she wants to win this one, she should start resorting to her yankii ways of responding that we all know she is very capable of.. that is the only way to even out her cousin's poison tongued blows..

"You sound so disappointed." Reina drawled.
here it comes, here it comes.. the Cat has finally shown her claws... will she scratch the living crap out of the bunny to end and finally win this match? from the looks of it... this is the only way the Kitten could gain victory after receiving those 2 blows, there is no other way.. she should start scratching and clawing now..

"So says the one who comes barging into my house at such a late hour, demanding explanations."
'DOH.. :doh: and another blow from the Bunny.... making the score 3 - 0 in favor of the Bunny.. at this point i don't know how the Cat will recover, after a devastating blow like that... my advice; start scratching NOW! and fast!!!..  :panic:

"Not so late I see, since you still have a guest."
what is this? what is this?.. the Kitten deflected the last blow!! - part of it anyway.. XD but it is NOT enough to put her on the score board..  :smhid though it is enough to postpone the match where the bunny has a massive lead over the kitten.. stay tuned for the next round of this epic battle.. this war is far from over, expect the unexpected for the next round.. because we all know that the Kitten will not go down this easily.. things should be heating up.. and who knows, there might be a sudden turnaround and the Kitten actually pulls off a victory.. nothing is certain yet.. *end scene* XD

LOL! WTH.. i seriously don't know where that ^ came from..  XD i wasn't planning to comment like that..  :lol: excuse the randomness and nonsense-ness.. XD
btw.. will the third member of PLAY make an appearance any time soon?? lol.. just want to know and see how the turtle would react to this whole mess.. XD

The Enquiry

Well, technically having Michishige-san tell you that she bought a dozen copies of the spread would be a good thing, but Riho had found herself instinctively taking a half step back with a wide eyed look of apprehension at the declaration.
:lol: stalker Sayu makes another appearance.. thats right Riho, back away slowly... don't spook the hentai bunny..  XD or else things might get worse.. :P

It was probably the last week or so when she began noticing how things were not quite the same.
Riho, ever the observant child.. XD

Oh, there was always the familiar sense of being watched. She had learned to ignore the chill running down her spine after a while, though it still kept her on her toes.
:lol:  :rofl: Sayu!! stop creeping the kid out.. and it looks like Riho's spidey senses are tingling whenever Sayu's around.. at least she's aware that she is being 'observed keenly' from a distance and that gives her a heads up.. XD

"Hm? Oh, nothing in particular. Just...a little piece in a puzzle I've been missing for a long, long time."
hmmmmmmmm... :?  :shocked

"It all makes sense now, except for how. And possibly when, but I know when it, I mean you, happened -- but never mind that."
:banghead: :banghead: wait... Konkon doesn't know the how? lol!! so Riho was not her experiment then..  XD  but that still doesn't answer any question from Riho's questionable existence..  :banghead: XD

"I still don't get it though." Riho grumbled, pouting sulkily with arms folded.
you are not alone Riho.. XD

"Oh you'll figure it out, soon enough."
:shocked i doubt it..  :lol:

"Ai-chan never leaves anything unfinished, after all..."
again.. --> :shocked and more --> :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 03:53:34 AM by mmsuki »

Offline nighell

• ecchi
  • Member+
Walked all around, not daring to write that either...

Chap Encounter
Poor Gaki   :lol:
"I really can't decide if I want them to be pink with white trimmings, or white with pink trimmings..."
Risa: :frustrated:

"What brings you here?" Risa raised an eyebrow, peering over the rim of her cup. The surprise visitor came into view only a moment later, and a second eyebrow flew up to join the first in its attempt to merge into her hairline.

Imagine: Risa aka shadow is sitting in the corner, peering over the pink curtains with white trim))  :mon cweepy:

"Good night, Gaki-san. Have a safe trip home."
Risa convulsively clutching his briefcase quickly went from the house muttering under his breath: i'm alive... :farofflook:

Chap The Enquiry

Ai-chan never leaves anything unfinished, after all...
Frightening phrase...  XD
Sorry for my bad English

Offline dark-atrox

• -KOJIPA IKEMEN SUKI DA YO!-
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^_^TOMO-ACCHAN^_^
er...so, Rena is really the father?  :smhid yadda!  :thumbdown: lol jk :P

well, it's not like I don't like RenAi  :nervous
I actually like some RenAi fics that u wrote  :thumbsup
though I'm a loyal TakaGaki fan that's all  :cathappy:

Sayu's being creepy...kinda funny  XD
I can actually imagine her buying all those copies of magazines  :lol:

PS: ur going to include the turtle here, right?  :roll:

Offline Shiawase_Honoo

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Happy大作戦
I wanted to comment for more, but my brain just stopped working :bleed eyes:
because I have to study a lot :bleed eyes:
but I'll keep an eye on your updating :thumbsup

Offline oddball

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Off in the woods........
Hmm interesting that Riho has noticed her change in her mother and Reina after the happenings on Mothers day but perhpas has not made a connection between Ai and Reina past that, seems as though perhpas KonKon has twigged, finally by the look of her reactions, what might of happened at the time that Ai left.

Seems as though it is something that Ai sows not want Riho to know but I feel as though Riho's curiosity will force Ai to tell her, at least in part, a bit more about her past than Riho currently knows....

Offline Kikk4r

• Member+
YAY GLOSER TO THE TRUTH :cow:

im glad to hear it from you though that makes it easier to comment in some way :nervous

THE TRUTH WILL OUT ............(someday) :nervous

and ................. YAY UPDATE  :cow:

yay Riho is learning something everyday hahaha from konkon (i just love her character hereXD) HOHOHO Reina is the father right ...... (is that even possible?) hahahaha Ai is not sane :lol:

Offline eruchan

• ecchi
  • Member+
wow... you update real fast this time... and finally I got the time to comment, I'll do it XD
I have to say, the more things got revealed, the more confused I am XD
so... Riho noticed the changes in Reina and Ai, and lol for her reaction to Sayu...
and poor Gaki-san... having Sayu as her client XD I wonder how she'll get involved in this whole mess

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
*Essy's thoughtful reply to my previous question*
So you pretty much feel the same was for Risa as I do for Sayu. I was curious. :D

Hmm, this is going to be a short reply....

So! Riho begins to notice things. I wonder if the tyke will eventually put two and two together and set Reina and Ai up together?

Speaking of putting two and two together... Kon Kon! Is she asking how because she just can't figure out what her concoction did or was it really not her fault?

Was grac right?! Is Ai like the (probably not so) virgin Mary? I still support my 'Reina is the daddy' theory, but now, I'm a little less sure of how it happened.

Offline aussie

• ecchi
  • Member+
Spooky pedo-Sayu is full of win XD

Hm. So Wonderbrat is catching on. I was actually curious about Konno, because she seemed to be a bit more privy to Ai's past than the rest of the Gokki gang. She knows something, and I'm gathering she at least knows of Reina (and Sayu??).

I'm still holding out hope for ReinAi to work things out. And I do want to see Eri make an appearance. I just want to see Reina have a friend to lean on :lol:

I'll probably continue writing ReinAi until some other pairing gets my attention *coughwhen9thgengrowsupcough*
Then hopefully no other pairing would rise up your rankings to edge out ReinAi for you :D

(And I welcome a sequel....and a prequel as well, though the prequel sounds like it would end up like NR if it was written XD)

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
man i feel bad for not comenting D: so here i am^^ 1st off im happy to have a pretty much gaki-chapter from before~ X3 thankies so much essy~ 2nd seeing that riho notices that something's up and going to konkon for help was ubber cute X3 i cant wait for the next one, and today while reading sayu's blog translations on hyakupa it seems even she feels that (in her cellphone pic) that riho and ai looked like mother and daughter XD

http://hyakupa.net/wordpress/?p=20070

that link'll explain it all lol
please visit kawaii-chan's avie's and siggies!

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
*yawn* Wait long for the update? *checks* Only a week though. :)

KiriHime: Haha yeah, that icon is so straight, which neither of them (or much of anyone else) are. XD I know how it feels to be going on 4 hours of sleep, so you are forgiven! :lol:

SarangAi: No problem, I updated quickly those times. XD I'm glad my inclusion of gokkies made people happy. :) They do have their uses. Sayu is an expert at smiling while being evil. XD As for ReinAi...hmm...more to come in the next chapter?

mmsuki: That was an epic comment. :lol: I love your ringside commentary for the Sayu vs Reina. XD You get to be the official commentator in case any other bouts happen. *hands you clipboard for scorekeeping* :P Riho is a wonderful child. XD I know the answer to Riho's questionable existence! Me! Me! *jumps up and down* Wait, I'm not answering that yet. :P  Teehee.

nighell: Hi and welcome aboard! No fear, all cheer, and here's cookies for joining the party! :D Yeah, Risa barely made it out of there in one piece. XD And Ai can be pretty frightening when she wants to be (and Reina can be worse XD)

dark-atrox: Can't blame you for being a loyal fan. But I swear to make you like the ReinAi here. :P Creepy Sayu is fun! As for turtle action....I know she'll feature in some manner later on. :P That's all I'll give away.

Shiawase_Honoo: Ganbare for your studying! I hope my fic can bring you joy as you study. :D

oddball: Riho is very sensitive to her Mama's moods. She's also an observant brat, albeit an innocent one. She hasn't put things together because she has no reason to. As far as she knows, she has just noticed that the adults she likes in her life are both acting strange for no apparent reason. Of course she worries. XD

Kikk4r: Riho learning from Konkon was just a spur of the moment thing that came to me and just made sense. I wanted Konkon to be more involved anyway, and it was a good way to pull her in. :D The truth is coming soooooon~

eruchan: I enjoy confusing people. I bet when I finally lay things out clearly, everyone will be like OH SO THAT'S WHY. XD Gaki-san will just be a spectator with ring-side seats and be there to help a friend up whenever necessary. :D No hurts for her this time!

rndy: Riho might just try that. Maybe. Who knows. XD Poor Konkon gets blamed for everything. it's not even (fully) her fault. XD She kind of sort of figured out how everything happened, even with people not telling her everything. XD Genius, yo. Haha.

aussie: I love my spooky pedo-Sayu too. XD Konno knows more than the rest of the gokki gang, that much is obvious, though exactly how much is a toss up really. XD I know, but you don't. :P Actually the prequel is mostly hilarious until the end, so yeah...XD

waiwai: Aww there you are. XD You must have been busy. Haha. You're welcome? :P And thanks for that link! Lol, I love how Sayu has such a wonderfully wota stalker mindset. :heart: Such an awesome insider to have to spill the beans on cute happenings within Momusu. XD Sayu, we are grateful! :D

And time to edit and post!

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
Second First Date

There was this niggling feeling tugging at her all afternoon as she alternately paced, pulled out more clothes, and tried on more jewellery.

Tanaka Reina was no stranger to anxiety. She had performed in front of a sold out stadium with fifty thousand screaming fans. Anxiety had nearly had her vomiting out everything she had eaten, but the moment she had gone out there, all nervousness was forgotten.

She still felt anxious when someone blindsided her on national TV, sending something unpredictable and unplanned for hurtling her way during a live broadcast. She felt nibbles of anxiety when forced to undergo scary things for the sake of entertainment. She still screeched with panic when forced on rollercoasters, felt her stomach tumble more than was physiologically possible while it did crazy stunt flips at 3-g pressures.

She had just about emptied out her entire walk-in closet, and she was still pacing. Turned on the lights, then snapped them back off at the glare. She put everything back in. Paced some more. Watched a little TV, then turned it off when the afternoon news came on, with that conspicuous time stamp on the upper left. Tried to write a little music, but everything came out either discordant or all too familiar. She tossed the latter into the already overfilled waste basket, crowded with her previous attempts.

A thoroughly unproductive day, if there was one. Reina growled under her breath as she took her third (unneeded) shower of the day, letting the cold water drown out her thoughts.

She folded a few towels. Stacked them by colour. Unfolded another and used it to scrub vigorously at her face. She stared at the full length mirror opposite her. A small face stared back at her, redder than the almost unnaturally paler skin that made up legs, arms, a torso.

She seemed almost dwarfed under the massive red towel that still covered her from after her shower. A slow, sardonic smile comes to curve her lips. Red. How appropriate.

She stands abruptly now, the red of the towel slipping off her pale form like blood washing off a statue. Her nakedness bothers no one in the privacy of her own home, least of all herself. No one was getting in without her permission, not even Sayu, who knew where the spare key was. She had deadbolted the door from the inside.

Without fuss or hesitation, she picks out the simplest underwear she has (cotton? I still have white cotton underwear?) that she doesn't even remember buying, but had seen during the Great Emptying of her wardrobe earlier. Then, still in those bare essentials, she padded across the chaotic central of her room to fetch her hairdryer. Her hair falls loose and fine as the heated air buffets the moisture out of them, and she unknots not a few tangles as she goes.

Putting the hairdryer aside, she almost absently pulls up part of her hair in a semi ponytail of sorts, then thinks better of it and lets it fall naturally back into place. The caramel highlights weave intricate patterns with the blonde, creating an illusion of waves. Reina does not seem to notice, but her fingers flick self-consciously through the strands, combing them out evenly to heighten the effect.

She spends less time on makeup than she recalls ever having done in the last 5 years or so, except when she was just heading out to the convenience store. Just a few touches to cover up the usual signs of sleep deprivation; foundation, a little eyeliner, some lip gloss.

Sparing her glossy (but otherwise devoid of any decoration) nails the briefest of glances, she ignores the impressive rows of nail paraphernalia on a shelf and heads instead into her even more impressive closet.

Her fingers reach out for, and peel out, the articles of clothing she had subconsciously decided on during the Great Hunt earlier. She could not have explained to you why or how she picked them. They simply felt right, and Reina trusted her instincts.

The skirt was as short as she remembered, maybe even shorter, which led Reina to check her height against a nearby mark in the wall. Nope, no taller. It had been a long time since she wore a skirt that sinfully short. Sure, she still did it on occasion, but never on her private time. Not anymore anyway.

Reina does not hurry as she gathers what she needs, though her eyes flick casually across the room to set their gaze on the time. The clock strikes 5 precisely as she straightens, a beret pulled low over her face. She reaches automatically for her shades, fingers brushing over the smooth frames before pulling away empty. It was getting late and she didn't think she needed them right now.

Another row of boots, another decision to make, greets her before she can leave. She pauses ever so slightly, then steps into the soft calf leather, feeling the difference instantly as an inch was added to her height.

Head down, bag held protectively in front of herself, Reina walks briskly through the crowd with a purpose, and blends right in with the churning masses. No one gave her a second glance, though she stomped instinctively on a foot when some fingers brushed irritatingly close to her thigh. Her aim was unerring as always, since the fingers withdrew immediately with a pained hiss. Rush hour gave her the perfect cover as she slips through, just one more person heading somewhere in the big city.

It was a different city, and a different time, but certain things don't change, wherever you go, whenever you go. High school girls gathered in little cliques, some smoking, some not. Most of them talked loudly, decked out in flashy accessories. Sleazy youths lurked around the darker edges, some drinking, some making crude jokes and gesticulating at his fellows or wolf whistling at a pretty girl. There are a couple of salarymen, ties barely loosened, briefcase in hand, waiting by a lamppost or bench, checking their watches every other minute. Reina takes in all these, and finds them all familiar, in a way she hasn't thought of in a long, long time. Then again, she hasn't been out like this, coming out to meet someone in a place where everyone was either waiting for something, or someone else, not since she traded her freedom for her fame.

It is precisely 6.30pm and the sky is already dark overhead. The streetlights cast a pale, barely adequate light on the sidewalk, but no one cares. It is the neon signs, the fluorescents from shop front and building that are the true lights of the city headed into night.

Reina is also a half hour late, but she had intended to be. Her sharp eyes scan the milling groups, pausing on individuals, but never for long. She maintans an haughty, untouchable facade, just one more girl on the streets, and pointedly ignore some of the glances she receives from older men who obviously thought her about ten years younger than she actually was.

For some reason she is not very surprised when she gets a tap on the shoulder, barely enough to even be called that really. It was in the scuff of the shoe, the pause before making herself announced, even in the rustle of fabric as the person she came to meet tugged at her clothes nervously before finally getting her attention.

Reina manages to keep her expression neutral as she turns to face her companion, though there is no hiding the jolt of amusement that lights up her lively orbs as she takes in the sight of her companion. Likewise, she notices how her companion seems visibly amused, even pleased, by Reina's own getup.

Without really thinking about it, Reina reaches forward and pinches a few strands of the boyishly ruffled hair, rubbing it between her fingers even as startled eyes follow her movement. Reina purses her lips briefly, and with nary a smile to hint at her intentions, tugs hard enough to make the owner of said hair yelp in a most unfeminine way.

"No wig this time?" Reina asked innocently even as her companion rubbed at her head with a cute pout, boyishly charming in both face and feature. Reina had to blink to clear the double image memory attempted to layer over reality, but felt a familiar gleam reflected in her own eyes as they crossed gazes. This was a game, their game, and no one else's.

It didn't matter that they hadn't spoken more than a dozen and a half more of polite civilities when in public company since their reunion. It didn't matter that they hadn't played, not even met, in more than ten years. It didn't matter that they were no longer kids, Reina no longer bait, and her companion no longer a trap. They hadn't even planned this, not explicitly, not even complicitly. All the message had said was to come. The rest had fallen into place as if nothing had come between them to begin with.

"Rei." Husky, forlorn, longing. One hand reaches up to tuck the silky strands of Reina's hair behind one ear, and lingers, tracing the edge with the tip of an evenly trimmed nail. Reina barely suppresses a pleasurable shiver at the act, and almost feels regret as the hand falls away, balling by the side with evident tension.

"Ai." She acknowledges finally, letting a trace of the affection she still felt, no matter how angry she had been, no matter how hurt, seep through. She watches how a shadow of hope simmers almost fearfully in those doe-like eyes, too femnine to be that of a true man, but made more beautiful in this cariacature of a boy-who-is-not.

There can only be so many first meetings, and even fewer second chances. Reina lets her senses capture this moment, almost perfectly preserved in time from that true first time, back when they had been mere strangers; one tipsy and well-meaning, one cynical and suspicious. They are not all so different now, almost fifteen years on. Reina sees this, and feels a strange nostalgia for the days long past, but puts it aside as she smiles disarmingly, without warning.

"You, are in so much trouble."

Ai winces. Reina smirks. They are right back where they begin, and they both know it.

Except that nothing is at all the same, and they know that too.

Time goes on, as do they, and others take their place in that crowded square, barely noticing their departure, shoulder-to-shoulder. Their secrets laid sealed between them.

Only time could tell how they would resolve them.

==========================================================

Some allusions made to a prequel I have yet to write. I actually dreamt a goodly half of the prequel and bits and pieces of MSF proper. Can't wait to get to the good parts. XD This is just a placeholder chapter before we move on to the fun stuff!

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Double - Should Have Tried feat. Heartsdales