JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Wonder Girls - Like This

Author Topic: 私のアホ家族(My Stupid Family)[24/6 - Chapter 25: A Series of Unfortunate Events]  (Read 93756 times)

Offline eruchan

• ecchi
  • Member+
You finally update it! :D
I have been waiting for this chapter, and it's a long and wonderful chapter. So I'm happy :D
Such an emotional chapter. And I'm happy that Reina is willing to hear Ai's explanation instead of pushing her away. Although she probably also wants answer from Ai.

Offline gracula

• Blame Sayu for
  • ecchi
  • Member+
You updated! And yes, I have tropes for everything. Tropes and animal pictures.

...making Reina narrow her eyes and mime stabbing the imaginary voice in her head with the spoon she was holding.
Wouldn't a fork have made a better stabbing device?

No, it was not possible. They were both girls, for god's sake. It was a biological impossibility.
trollollolforever!

*Sayu parking her utensils at Reina's*
This bears repeating: Why is your Sayu so completely awesome?

*Reina's animal print deco*
Kansai, much?

Impulsively, Reina reached forward and pulled the kid into an embrace, patting her head in a comforting gesture.

They said nothing as her guest all but kicked off her shoes and removed the waterlogged jacket that had to be peeled off. Reina reached out to take it, but her guest showed no signs of giving up the threadbare material, her hair hanging as limply as the soaked cloth folded over one arm.

And yet, despite everything, Reina thought she had never seen anything more wonderful.
Irresistable.

Ai felt like she could hope again. Reina turned fierce cat eyes back on her, eyes that Ai always felt secretly thrilled by, with the feral light dancing in them.

Ai loves her feral kitty cat.

-----

Now with all the nonsense out of the way- i should attempt to make a meaningful comment.

You mentioned before that MSF was coming to an end soon and I suspected a happy one, given the style of writing. I thought, "Eh? Too fast- there needs to be more Ai groveling and Reina (fe)male-bonding with Riho." But this chapter managed to somewhat put it all together in a nice pace.

comment wasn't meaningful at all. more of a 'things i want to see'.

Oh well, since we're on a 'things i wanna see happen' tangent:-

I want to see a family reunion.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 07:46:27 PM by gracula »

"I'm still blaming Sayu for my lolicon tendencies now." ~Essy

Offline SarangAi

• TakaGaki<3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • GAKI-SAN!!! <333
^OMG you made my day :wahaha: :mon lol: :mon lmao:

avii&sig by the wonderful kawaii beam~!

Offline aussie

• ecchi
  • Member+
Ok. I am now officially counting down towards hot, steamy make-up sex between Mama and Papa XD

Papa Reina was cute and adorable, how she didn't quite know how to comfort Riho but found herself instinctively jumping into that 'parent' role.

Though, my favourite part of this chapter (aside from Ai's "I love you, Reina" :wub: ) was King XD
You're right, master and pet make quite a nice pairing :D

I wonder if Aichan would still call Reina by that nickname of 'Rei'. I know Yaguchi told Reina off for calling Aichan 'Ai', which is why the whole 'Ai', 'Rei' thing stopped (such pity :smhid), but I secretly hope this is a special nickname for Reina that only Aichan refers to her by (much like Gaki's 'Tanakacchi'), now that they are the senior members of the group and all.

Offline KirikomoriHime

• Mittsi Wota~
  • Member+
  • すべては愛の力 <3
^I'm not the only one who wants it~~~ :inlove: lol kidding! kinda

Nice chapter! I had thought that Riho ran to Reina's house when she heard Ai-chan talking about her daddy but it seems that she got hit by a car... HM lol

I love your Sayu. She is amazing. I ALSO LOVE KING

bwahhh I have to go now ; 3; I'll comment more next chapter ><

~ GakiKame, KameShige, TakaMitsii , JunSayu, YajiSuzu, MiyaSaki~

Offline Shiawase_Honoo

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Happy大作戦
Nice chapter as always, Estrea :hee:
It always the best reading about how Reina treats Riho :shy2:
I can't wait for your next chap :squirrel:

*dash out for doing homeworks*

P.S. Oh! My 100 post is for you, hahahaha :lol:
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 08:47:13 PM by Shiawase_Honoo »

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
Not an update. But I felt the need to add to grac's awesome animal pics. XD

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Fufufu.

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline oddball

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Off in the woods........
^

:lol: I'm going to be imagining the rest of this fic with these animal in mind now you know!!!

A great chapter though, seeing Reina almost falling into the 'fathers' role without even knowing it, and she really does play it like a father too, a sort of more gruff treatment, unsure of what to do but wanting to do something until the mother turns up you see the diferences between her and Ai, literally as mother and father in thier care of Riho.

Will Reina ever believe she really is the biological 'father' though?

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
Hey I'm back! :D Anyone miss me?

waiwai: I like writing Reina. She's so much fun. :D Well Riho isn't invincible, despite being Wonderbrat. Haha. I'm glad you liked the chapter. :3

Kikk4r: I believe I should end comfortably before I hit chapter 25. XD More or less. Lol. Why is everyone so fixated on the make up sex? Oh right, this is JPHiP...

SarangAi: I'm glad you like. :3 Yeah Reina subconsciously already sees Riho as hers, even if her conscious mind still has doubts. XD Amazing what ideas can do.

eruchan: Haha yeah it took some time to write since I was so busy. I'm glad that you liked it. :) Well, this is meant to be a happier story, so of course Reina will hear Ai out. It's not like NR lol..I must really have scarred a lot of people with that. XD

drac: It amazes me sometimes, how you have an animal picture for every occasion. You should make a business out of it. XD I suppose I should have written the spoon <-> spatula reference. The comparison eluded me at the time of writing. Ah well. XD I think you made up the lack of a meaningful comment with all the animal pictures. They are very cute. Thank you. XD

aussie: Again with the make up sex. Can I not get away with not writing it? Haha. XD Lol King is turning out to be the unexpected MVP in this chapter. XD I didn't plan for him to be so awesome! Yeah that Ai/Rei thing always makes me want to curse Yaguchi for breaking it up. Meh. XD In my mind Reina and Ai still use the nicknames in private, but never in front of anyone else. >D Haha.

KiriHime: I refuse to write perv. Haha. I ALSO LOVE KING. And Sayu is awesome, what I can say. Haha. See you next chapter!

Shiawase_Honoo: Good luck with your homework, and thanks for your 100th post! :D

oddball: Well blame grac for posting the picture to begin with. XD It is a rather accurate animal portrait though. XD And yes Reina does fall into the father stereotype quite easily. Her personality lends weight to her acting that way too, since she's more likely to be direct and abrasive about it -- ex-yankii, after all. haha. Well, I will find a way to convince Reina that she really is a daddy. :3 Trust me. :lol:

Ok that took a while. Time to edit and post!

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
Cat's Eye View

Golden eyes in the dark.

I stare unblinkingly, every muscle coiled in wait. A hunter is patient. Must not let my skills get rusty, even though my pet human feeds me well. I inch forward, my belly brushing the carpet.

There are strangers in my human's bed. My whiskers twitch, and I leap lightly onto the edge. My claws extend to gain traction as I scrabble on the silky material, but I manage to gain a foothold. I pad forward, tail half raised.

One of them is the kitten my human brought back. They're not so much different in size, but the kitten is still smaller than my human. I purr quietly, brushing against an outstretched leg. The young one has a soft touch. Good eyes. Could make a good hunter, if trained in time. Kittens need to be taught how to hunt. I hope my pet human knows what she is doing.

The other...my ears flatten back, and I hiss. My tail twitches as I circle around to the larger human curled around the young one. The youngling clings to that human like a nursing kitten. My tail swings around restlessly as I nose forward to the larger of the sleeping humans. She smells of my pet human, but only vaguely. I paw at the material over her skin. That is where the smell of my human is coming from.  I wonder why my human lent her her fur. Her hair even smells like my pet human after a shower.

Most peculiar. My human rarely lets people in to our nest. Even the loud human who comes every now and then doesn't stay overnight. I snort. The loud human has shifty eyes. My human would do well to keep her away.

A hand suddenly swoops under my belly, scooping me up from the bed as I yowl in protest, my claws extending on instinct. A sharp word from my human quiets my reaction, but I hiss at her anyway, to show my displeasure. I have taught her to stalk too well, if she is able to surprise me in the dark.

My human is more like a cat than most, and I approve. That is why she is my human. We are both hunters, active in the night. I allow myself to be carried away, and shift myself to a more comfortable position, close enough to hear her erratic heartbeat.

She lingers for a moment by the two strangers in her bed, and I can hear her breathing change as she stares down. Her heartbeat is anything but normal as she turns away suddenly, and I meow questioningly at her, nosing up at her chin to get her attention. She shakes her head at me, scratching my ears as she leaves the room.

The television is on, though the rest of the lights are not. My human likes to sit in front of that loud box, and I've grown used to the lights and sounds coming from it. I curl placidly in her lap, kneading contentedly as I allow her to pet me. She is a good human to have...ahh, that's the spot...

My human is distracted, and my tail swishes around her arm as I roll over onto my back, looking up at her. This human is my responsibility, part of my territory like the rest of our nest. I have the duty of watching out for her, as she has no claws like mine. I have known her since she was little more than a kitten herself, when I too was a kitten. It has been a long time, and I know my human. She is...uncertain. Less than completely content.

I meow at her. Tell me. She raises an eyebrow at me, chucking me lightly under the chin. My whiskers twitch, and I bite playfully at her outstretched hand. We play a little, and I can feel her relaxing. Ooh, string!

I pounce upwards, and my human laughs as she jerks the ribbon out of reach. I end up flopping on her shoulder, and bat my tail into her nose. She makes a grab for my neck, but I eel my way out of reach, flicking my one good ear at her defiantly. The one she grabbed earlier was still sore. Damnations.

I crouch at the far end of the sofa, golden eyes intent as I spy the ribbon still lying limply in her other hand. I settle down to wait, feigning defeat to make her let down her guard. There would be time enough to catch hold of that string. Oh yesss...

"Ne, King..." My human often talks to me, since I'm always with her in our nest. She winds the length of the ribbon around her hand slowly, and my tail follows the motion idly. I lay flat on my stomach, my good ear perked up to listen as I started washing my paw.

"What should I do?" She mutters mostly to herself, her voice hushed, but I have good ears. I continue my routine, content to let my human ramble on. She does love the sound of her voice. The red ribbon is still wrapped around her hand. Curses. How am I supposed to get to it now?

"I don't know what to believe, but..." My human looks down, toying with the ribbon wrapped around her hand. My whiskers twitch. I drop quietly down, careful to not make any big moves. So close now...

"I want to believe." Her voice was quiet. There! I pounce, my teeth closing around one end of the ribbon, my paws scrabbling around her hand as I tug my prize free. Mine!

I raise my head triumphantly at my human. The ribbon is now in my jaws. I have won the day! My human only smiles, rubbing my head absently. What, she's just letting this go? That's it? She must really be out of sorts. Dropping the ribbon carefully between my paws, I give a conciliatory lick at her hand -- the one I scratched earlier. She deserves something for being a good loser.

She rubs the pinkish scratches idly -- I didn't scratch too deeply, we were just playing anyway -- then pauses, looking down at the scratches with renewed interest. I bite at my ribbon -- ooh, it frays into even tinier strands! -- and watch as my human sinks deeper into thought. She is up to something, certainly. I prudently take my prize further from reach. I won it fair and square. She'll have to fight me if she wants it back.

She dashes off into the kitchen instead. I roll around with my ribbon, wrestling with it as it tangles around my paws. Wretched thing! I shall vanquish it!

We tumble around some more. Blast! This ribbon is like that, that hydra thingummy on that late night show on the loud box. You know, the one with all the snakes and how it never ends...my human tends to leave the box on and I do watch it sometimes, you know. There isn't much else to do other than stalk the occasional insect or prowl around corners.

I almost miss my human coming back. She has something tucked inside a clear ziploc bag, and my whiskers twitch at the faint scent of blood. I mrrow'ed grouchily, trying to fight off the cursed ribbon that has split into many little strings out to trap me. The scheming thing! I will defeat it if it's the last thing I do!

My human laughs. Can you believe it? She's laughing. At me! The temerity. I hiss my displeasure, shredding more of the ribbon as I bat it away from my whiskers. I am on my back now. The silly thing is trying to restrain me, but I will not be foiled!

Damnations, my hind legs are stuck. I struggle, hissing in frustration. Then I feel my human's hands lifting me onto her lap. Hey, I've got this! I don't need your help! I yowl in indignation, thrashing my tail wildly as her clever fingers untangle the ragged remains of my mortal foe from me. The last of it comes free and I wriggle out of her hands in a huff, fluffing my fur in a gesture of irritation. I flick my ear at her and stalk off, leaping onto my favorite window sill.

She chuckles lightly again. I ignore her, and begin washing my fur. I most certainly had not needed any help. I had the situation totally under control. Meddlesome human.

The next time I look up, my human is curled up on the couch with the loud box still on. She does that all the time. Makes me wonder why she has a bed to begin with. She hardly spends any time in it, unless it's winter and she's burrowing under the covers.

I give the underside of my hind leg one last lick, and was ready to curl up for a quick nap when I hear footsteps. My eyes snap open, following the source of the sound.

It's that other human. The smaller human is not with her. Kittens do sleep a lot. She's approaching my human, and my hackles rise a little. What did she want with my human?

She has a blanket in her hands, and spreads it over my sleeping human. Oh...I suppose that is a good thing to do. My human lacks fur like mine, and catches cold more easily because of that too. I hop off my perch, stalking close. Just in case, you know. I don't know what to expect from this new human. My human seems nervous around her, so I have reason to be suspicious.

I meowed my presence, leaping onto one end of the couch and watching this human warily. She smiles at me, her hands absently pushing my human's hair back from her face. She does not seem like she means any harm, so I relax my stance a little.

As I step closer, I watch as this human leans close to my human and appears to nuzzle her. My tail curls questioningly. Is she close to my human then? I most certainly would not nuzzle a stranger, or someone I did not like. The contact is brief though, and the new human pulls back suddenly, her breathing erratic. I drop onto my human's sleeping form, careful not to wake her...or well, she's not entirely asleep. Her heartbeat and breathing aren't even. Her eyes are closed though. Most peculiar. What is she up to now?

"Good night, King." The new human whispers, reaching out to scratch a spot on my back. Ahh, so good...wait, how does she know about that spot? Only my human knows. My whiskers twitch as I purr. This new human seems vaguely familiar now, somehow...

She tiptoes off. I uncurl myself and nose at my human. One eye opens lazily, meeting my curious gaze. She smiles at me, and pulls the blanket more securely around herself, pushing me off in the process. I slide off my spot, and only my superior balance lets me land on my feet. I hiss at her, but she ignores me. Fine, be that way. I stalk off to find another comfortable spot.

She is still smiling when her breathing evens out into true sleep. Back in the bedroom, the other human is also smiling. Humans, such peculiar creatures. I yawn widely, curling up in my basket after my last patrol. It's been an eventful day.

I fall asleep eventually, and dream of cream and ribbons. Tomorrow will be a good day too. I am sure of it.

==============================================================================

Writing as King is fuuun. :D
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 06:26:47 PM by Estrea »

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
gah~! so cute~!!! X3 lol at little kitten riho XD so cute~! and king really seems to be more of the bodyguard too XD the whole interaction with the ribbon was adorable too~ X3 essy whatever you write is gold~! X3 :deco: hope to see more king pov another time XD cant wait for the next one~ :deco:
please visit kawaii-chan's avie's and siggies!

Offline astro18

• ecchi
  • Member+
 :inlove: I thoroughly enjoyed this chapter XD Not to say I didn't enjoy the last one.. lol. King is such an an awesome cat hehe. Reina =  Pet human :lol:

:wub: Aichan Reina rabu :deco: Can't wait for next chp! :cow:
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 07:43:15 PM by astro18 »

Offline Kikk4r

• Member+
HAHAHAHAHAHA King is pure winning :cow: gah and he`s kinda cute like that to XD

Naw King does not know yet that Riho is Reinas but king is still awesome he is now favorite in this story hahah hope you writ more in Kings opv :cow: :yossi:

Offline eruchan

• ecchi
  • Member+
Lol.. I really didn't expect a chapter from a cat's point of view.
But it is an interesting and at the same time, a strange reading material XD

Offline KirikomoriHime

• Mittsi Wota~
  • Member+
  • すべては愛の力 <3
That was... strange to say the least xD I don't think I've ever read something from an animals point of view anywhere xD

King is such a BAMF. HO-ly crap xDDD  :heart: I love his description of Riho.

LOL the whole make up sex thing  :rofl: that's JPHiP for you

Reina's blood? Hm... is she going to do like a blood test or something? Is that what people do? @~@ -can't remember- I know there's a way to check who the father is but I'm kinda stupid and can't remember... AGH SUMMER SCHOOL IS OVER I DON'T WANNA THINK D;

Thanks for the update!

~ GakiKame, KameShige, TakaMitsii , JunSayu, YajiSuzu, MiyaSaki~

Offline aya-chii

• ecchi
  • Member+
WHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA SO CUTE ~!

just in time i was reading this, this new kitten of my lil' sis jumped on to my lap.. oh yeah ok. do whatever you want. i can't still figure out what's happening
continuing my read, it climbed in front of the computer. damn it kitty, i'm reading.

wait... i think i'm gettin' it.. IT'S THE CAT !

i started off to the start again as i realized whose point of view it is,.. damn you kitty, are you thinking of me as your own pet?!
and the kitty began playing with my hands which is holding the mouse beneath its lil' head, just like King. I'll never look to the cats the same way again...

Offline aussie

• ecchi
  • Member+
Even the loud human who comes every now and then doesn't stay overnight. I snort. The loud human has shifty eyes. My human would do well to keep her away.
Poor Sayu. Not very welcomed, is she? XD

This was an interesting chapter. Kind of reminds me of that Japanese novel where the narrator is a house cat, and makes observations about the household where the cat is kept as a pet. It took me a while to realise the title of this chapter was a pun XD

It's adorable how King feels a "responsibility" over Reina as his "pet human", and is affectionate towards her in his own way.
Ai nuzzling Reina was simply :wub: Yay for them being on the mends :D

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Prance. Do it. Now. N.O.W.
I pretty much said all there is to say about this chapter in person, but when I saw this pic, I just had to post it.

HI KING!

/pun

Offline gracula

• Blame Sayu for
  • ecchi
  • Member+
We all know how much you love your cute animal pictures around here.  :lol: This place is turning into a lolcats thread.

And as always, I have nothing useful to say- so I shall contribute with (horrendous quality) fanart! (I sense a rotational theme in my replies to your fic.)

(I don't have a scanner at home. Mebbe if I find one, i will repost an improved scan.)

"I'm still blaming Sayu for my lolicon tendencies now." ~Essy

Offline oddball

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Off in the woods........
Aww so King can kinda remeber  Ai from the past, hmm seems as though even he, like his owner, is not sure around thism particular human and of course he was the one to notice that Reina may not of been sleeping when Ai er "nuzzled her" and he noticed the smile on Reina..... I wonder quite how much Ai saw of that too......

Seems as though King is a little bit protective of the new "Kitten" too, something that perhpas mirrors how Reina is beginning to approch the situation as well.....

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Wonder Girls - Like This