JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Super Butter Dog - Se Tsu Na

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 1000037 times)

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #480 on: May 06, 2010, 05:43:48 PM »
Anyone playing Nier?

Not yet, but I'm planning to get it!
Have the soundtrack here but haven't listened yet.
When I saw the first trailer I wasn't interested at all and the game vanished from my radar, but a few weeks ago my interest came back when purely out of boredom I read a really promising preview of the game.
It's got all the stuff to make it interesting for me.
The big minus for most reviews I've read so far are the outdated graphics, but I have no problem with that, since I'm more into story, characters, atmosphere and of that the game seems to have just the right mixture.

By the way the voice actress that does Kaine is the same as Serah in FF13!!!
Quite the change of tone  XD

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #481 on: May 06, 2010, 07:22:33 PM »
playin football manager... can't trust my assistant in dealing with those contracts

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #482 on: May 07, 2010, 03:40:32 PM »
Listening to NieR OST now and ordered the Game  :twothumbs

Watched the review for Alan Wake on gt.com and I can say the game I've been waiting for so long is now officially off my must-play list.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #483 on: May 07, 2010, 03:45:13 PM »
^ Well you better stay away from GT's review of Nier if you're thinking of buying it :lol:

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #484 on: May 07, 2010, 06:11:15 PM »
^ Well you better stay away from GT's review of Nier if you're thinking of buying it :lol:

I think I watched the gt review of NieR sometime last week (man, all those wholes in my brain  XD) and it actually helped to make up my mind to go and buy it!!!

Edit: Ooops just saw that this review is from yesterday... than I don't know what it was that I've watched last week XD

Edit2: since I can never listen to someones good advice, I just had to watch the gt review... I still want to play the game, but hello spoilers!!! WHY did they have to include this one scene?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 06:24:47 PM by coachie »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+

Offline Yuna

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #486 on: May 09, 2010, 12:50:52 AM »
I agree totally on the character model. It's looks crappy. I don't want to sound like a lady, but if it were to use that horrible thing, they should've have gone for  Jake Gyllenhaal which surprisingly looks really good as prince.
And since the game comes at the same time as the movie, why not ?

Let's hope there's a skin to make him look better, maybe like the prince from the last game.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #487 on: May 09, 2010, 02:40:09 AM »
It's weird too cause they're using the same prince from the sands of time trilogy, same voice actor and everything, and yet the character model looks nothing like the swuave rogue from the first game. Doesn't even look middle eastern for a start!

Offline adventwriter

• Forever a Linlin wota.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #488 on: May 09, 2010, 05:22:56 AM »
sort of looking forward to playing the new Prince of Persia game....probably get Nier before that though.

Offline RoyMoy

• Member+
The humble bundle
« Reply #489 on: May 09, 2010, 04:26:26 PM »
Looks like nobody has mentioned this so far but a bunch of indie game developers have gotten together to do a bundle sale for charity. 5 Games.

-World of Goo
-Aquaria
-Gish
-Lugaru
-Penumbra

The games work on: Windows, Mac and Linux.

Best part: You can set your own price!! Pay as little was 0.01 USD if you want! You can choose to have your money go to charity or to the indie developers in whatever proportion you want.

I haven't tried all the games yet but I've heard good things about World of Goo. I'm really impressed with the production values of Aquaria. It's feels kind of like metroid.

http://www.wolfire.com/humble

There is only a couple of days left on the sale. Sorry I didn't post this earlier.

Offline LaJon

• King Lurker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #490 on: May 10, 2010, 05:29:37 AM »
Guinness World Record's 50 Best Video Game Series makes me want to throw up.

Incredible amounts of terrible games, and most of them aren't even a series.

(Link)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #491 on: May 10, 2010, 11:25:49 AM »
^ Wow, I don't even play the games but even I think it's ridiculous that Street Fighter's not even on that list. And while I like the games, Kingdom Hearts is above Final Fantasy in terms of popularity? And I don't understand how you could be so broad (Tom Clancy's) but then include just a single entry in the series (Lego Batman)? Saint's Row above Diablo?

I just think that 13,000 participants is too small in scope.

Offline Saikami

• W O N K Y F I E D
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • TEAM AIBUTT
« Reply #492 on: May 10, 2010, 01:20:26 PM »
^^ I agree, the list is actually kinda messed up. o_O

But LoZ is third, booya. :grin: /biased
[All hail AiButt! Sig by Dinny!]

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #493 on: May 10, 2010, 01:35:08 PM »
Since we're talking Capcom. Megaman should, you'know, be pretty popular too with 100 friggin'+ games as of 2008...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mega_Man_games

Losing to Halo... okkkk... :huhuh
Losing to LittleBigPlanet... um...  :(
Losing to Crash Bandicoot?!!! :thumbdown:

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
  • Terashima Takuma Fan No.1
« Reply #494 on: May 10, 2010, 06:47:30 PM »
Awesome!!! :w00t:
Kingdom Hearts is in the Guiness World Record's!!

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

Offline Saikami

• W O N K Y F I E D
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • TEAM AIBUTT
« Reply #495 on: May 10, 2010, 07:18:25 PM »
Since we're talking Capcom. Megaman should, you'know, be pretty popular too with 100 friggin'+ games as of 2008...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mega_Man_games

Losing to Halo... okkkk... :huhuh
Losing to LittleBigPlanet... um...  :(
Losing to Crash Bandicoot?!!! :thumbdown:

I totally didn't think of Megaman, but now that you mention it, I'm really wondering why the hell it's not on the list. o_O I mean... Megaman is... Megaman.
[All hail AiButt! Sig by Dinny!]

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #496 on: May 11, 2010, 12:06:51 AM »
EA's really going for the juggular on the second hand game market

EA Sports is going after the used game market.

Starting with the release of Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, the publisher will introduce a new Online Pass, a one-time registration code included with each brand new copy of the game. The code allows players to access "online services, features and bonus content."

Those who purchase the game used can buy an Online Pass for $10 or sign up for a free 7-day trial. The pass will be implemented for NCAA Football 11, NHL 11. Madden NFL 11, NBA 11, FIFA 11, and EA Sports MMA as well. The pass offers different features for each title, however, players will not have access to basic multiplayer features if purchased used.

"You will be unable to play multiplayer online game modes or use your downloaded content in online game modes," EA says. Online leagues, dynasty and franchise modes are also only available with the Online Pass. The break down for each title can be seen on the publisher's official website.

"This is an important inflection point in our business because it allows us to accelerate our commitment to enhance premium online services to the entire robust EA SPORTS online community," said Peter Moore, President of EA SPORTS.

Despite being the leader in used game sales, retailer GameStop, which acknowledged it plans to focus on digital content in the future, supports Electronic Arts' new direction.

"GameStop is excited to partner with such a forward-thinking publisher as Electronic Arts," said Dan DeMatteo, Chief Executive Officer of GameStop Corp. "This relationship allows us to capitalize on our investments to market and sell downloadable content online, as well as through our network of stores worldwide."

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/108/1088621p1.html

CD keys for console games? It's like the gaming industry is working it's way backwards :lol: I don't normally buy second hand games to be fair but I certainly can't afford every £40-50 new game at RRP. For some people, they have to wait a while and trade in games they own before buying the game they want second hand so why should they be forced out? Surely any grudge EA has is against the retailers for encouraging the second hand market, so why should their consumers be punished?

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #497 on: May 11, 2010, 04:48:08 PM »

Offline RoyMoy

• Member+
Re: The humble bundle
« Reply #498 on: May 12, 2010, 03:16:30 AM »
Looks like nobody has mentioned this so far but a bunch of indie game developers have gotten together to do a bundle sale for charity. 5 Games.

-World of Goo
-Aquaria
-Gish
-Lugaru
-Penumbra

The games work on: Windows, Mac and Linux.

Best part: You can set your own price!! Pay as little was 0.01 USD if you want! You can choose to have your money go to charity or to the indie developers in whatever proportion you want.

I haven't tried all the games yet but I've heard good things about World of Goo. I'm really impressed with the production values of Aquaria. It's feels kind of like metroid.

http://www.wolfire.com/humble

There is only a couple of days left on the sale. Sorry I didn't post this earlier.
Just an update. The Humble Indie Bundle has managed to raise over a million USD in about 7 days with over 330k going to charity. Several developers have decided to open-source their game engines (looks like they will retain copyright over music, levels, graphics etc) and the bundle deal itself has been extended. Get it while you still can. Though I'm sure that they will try this again after the huge turnout.  :)

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #499 on: May 12, 2010, 04:10:07 AM »

It's so touching to see the advancements since past CMs. :cry:

none. and wouldn't want it any other way~ :lol:

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Super Butter Dog - Se Tsu Na