JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rania - Dr. Feel Good

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 997410 times)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« on: August 07, 2009, 11:29:38 PM »
I figured this forum oughta have its own postwhoring thread. Feel free to talk about anything related to gaming that you can't fit anywhere else on the VG forum. News, reviews, previews, memorable gaming experiences, frustrations - all of it is welcome and appreciated.

I'm so close to getting all the achievements for Virtua Fighter 5 now! I've one more arcade to clear in Quest mode and I should clean up the All Rivals and All Emblems achievements as a result. It's only taken me a year and a half to do so  XD

Figured I would give the recently released demo for Batman : Arkham Asylum a test. The videos looked pretty promising and I'm glad to say that I really liked the demo. Swooping down from above unto an unsuspecting enemy for a silent takedown is as great a feeling as it sounds. Only thing that started to grate on me after a time was the slo mo effect that appears everytime you take down the last enemy in a group. Fallout tended to keep that interesting by using different camera angles so it's not quite the same everytime, plus there's more to appreciate what with the blood and guts spilling everywhere. You won't get that from Batman though so it's always someone being knocked out with the same angle used everytime. But a minor niggle on what could be a great game.

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 11:59:32 PM »
My brother just got Prototype the other day and damn is it fun. I been too busy running around killing people to go through the missions. I'm moving forward now so I can have more things open though.

Saikami's post about not beating some games (Mario?) got me thinking about what games I've beaten. I know it's gotta be under fifty. I started counting while Protoype was loading and I started slowing down around 15.

Only ones I can think of

Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2
Resident Evil 1, 2, 4
Astro Boy
Super Mario World
Mega Man
Mega Man 3
Mega Man 8
Mega Man X
Mega Man X2
Professor Layton and the Curious Village
Metroid Fusion
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
.hack 1
.hack 2
Beyon Good and Evil
Monsters in my Pocket
Call of Duty 3
Call of Duty 4
Gears of War
Gears of War 2
P.N. 03
Tomb Raider (The one after the really shitty one on PS2)

I think I'm out. I had to pull out Monsters in my Pocket I have that few games to count. I mostly played fighting and puzzle games and beating those don't count.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 09:13:58 AM »
I totally suck at Super Mario Bros games, never passing the 2nd stage cuz I run out of 1UPs :lol:

Never really had a dedicated gaming system, except my PC and that was a cheap piece of shit!!!

Now that I got a DS, Wii, and PC that runs well, I don't got no time to play any LOL

Though, I should try to finish Grand Theft Auto III - Foxy =P

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
  • >:|
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 09:32:29 AM »
I've been playing a lot of Resident Evil 5 on PS3, it's really fun co-op.
I bought one of those Rateup Keyboard/Mouse adapters so I can use keyboard and mouse instead of the controller cause I suck at using those joystick thingies to aim XD
It's been pretty good although every now and then it has a spaz attack and my character starts running around in circles uncontrollably XD so I have to unplug it and plug it in again to fix it. It can be bad if you're in the middle of a fight XD

I took some pictures today of fen in her Trible Sheva outfit :D

And this is the draw bridge that I accidentally dropped while she was walking across it last week hahaha. It was an accident honest! I just got a bit excited and pressed the release button without thinking.

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 10:52:04 AM »
dave and fen has ps3s?! whats ur guys psnids?

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2009, 10:54:39 AM »
Hmm.. games I've beaten? I play mostly race games and it's hard to say when you have 'beaten' them  :) I'm quite the Super Mario 3 expert though!

Btw, does anyone know the title of an old NES or maybe SNES game where you have to turn on a fountain? It's been bugging me for years. It's quite a difficult game IIRC and many gamers got stuck on the fountain level..
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 11:01:59 AM by BarrieV »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2009, 05:44:10 PM »
Oh boy. I lost count on games I've completed, let me get back to you guys about that XD

Trying to play Professional mode on RE5 myself, but it's tough when you don't have a like-minded player with you, and my attempts with the AI have been less than successful. I suppose clearing it would be a lot easier with infinite ammo huh?  :sweatdrop:

50 Cent to appear in Modern Warfare 2

That's right. Word on the street is that classical musician and sensitive artist 50 Cent will be making a cameo appearance in Modern Warfare 2, news which dropped following his visit to Infinity Ward. Despite the image above (pilfered from NeoGAF), it's not been confirmed that any motherf*ckers have stolen Fiddy's crystal skull in the Call of Duty sequel.

50 Cent will be lending his vocal talents to the game's multiplayer, as confirmed by Infinity Ward's Robert Bowling. He'll appear in both the main online mode, and the Special Ops mode, playing "one of the squad voices." I'd quite like to see 50 Cent in the army. At least then his claims of being shot would be impressive instead of vaguely depressing.

Now all Modern Warfare 2 needs is Vin Diesel and we'll have the most perfect game ever created.

http://thisis50.com/profiles/blogs/50-cent-visits-infinity-ward

Left 4 Dead DLC announced

Valve has announced plans to release a new campaign for the original Left 4 Dead next month, which will be free on PC and cost 560 Microsoft Points (£4.76 / €6.72) on Xbox Live.

Crash Course will work as a traditional co-op campaign, and includes new Survival mode maps, but its "primary goal", according to Valve, is to provide a complete Versus mode experience in just 30 minutes, streamlining the existing approach.

For Versus mode there will be a recharge timer for infected team-mates, and adjusted item-spawn behaviour. It's set in new locations and "bridges the gap between the end of the No Mercy campaign and the beginning of Death Toll", with new locations, new dialogue from the original cast, and an "explosive finale".

Valve had come in for criticism following the announcement of Left 4 Dead 2 at E3, with some fans arguing that it was reneging on its promise to support the first game - and while the announcement may go some way to assuaging their concerns, the fact there's a cost attached on Xbox 360 but not PC will likely raise eyebrows again. We've contacted Valve to ask what's going on with that.

"Since the release of Left 4 Dead last November, the design team has been excited about creating new experiences for this world and allowing players to do the same, by releasing much of our internal toolset, like the Survival Pack and Authoring Tools," Valve boss Gabe Newell said in a statement marking the announcement. "We're working with the fans toward the ongoing entertainment value of the product."

The Crash Course campaign is "targeted for release in September", with Left 4 Dead 2 due out on 17th November.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/left-4-dead-1-getting-new-campaign

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2009, 07:00:30 PM »
I think it's pretty impossible to compile a list of games I've beaten, since I've been playing computer/video games for nearly 25 years now. xD

I had literally thousands of games for the C64, probably half as many for Amiga, and on PC... a lot anyway. I was never a big console gamer, but the last games I've beat have mostly been on the DS... Phantom Hourglass, Lock's Quest, Castlevanias, and so on.

It'd be an interesting nostalgia trip to try to create a full list though...

Offline Wonderboy

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ☆彡
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2009, 07:29:03 PM »
Same for me, Stryfe.  :)

It would be quite impossible to list every game I managed to finish or every game I could played, as I touched so many computers and had so many consoles...

The biggest challenge nowadays for me is to finish the games I buy, as I'm feeling quite guilty to spend so much time on RPG for example.

I'm expecting Blazblue for the next week and have seen some Colin McRae Dirt 2's videos : wow, can't wait to have it, I especially love rally games.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 07:31:48 PM by Wonderboy »

Offline hiyokokun

• _.-= ERI ♥ AI =-._
  • Member+
  • i don't trust u
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2009, 01:24:08 AM »
I'm totally the same with Daigong. I really really sucks at Mario, all kinds of Mario. I just can't jump at the right time. :(
Even my friend's son beats me up at Mario Kart :lol:
Let's see, games that i've been beating is
- Final Fantasy 7,8,9. Suikoden. Parasite Eve. Legends of Dragoon. Breath of Fire 4.
- Call of Duty 2, Modern Warfare, World at War. Why is that Call of Duty 3 doesn't comes out on PC  :cry:
- Gears of wars, Assassin's creed, Diablo 2, Titan quest, Dungeon Siege 2.
and some mini games  :thumbdown:
and others that i don't remember, it's only a little though

I'm bad at....
beating long story games like oblivion, two worlds, the witchers and stuff..
playing sports games and games that need quick hands like street fighter or tekken.

Does somebody here even play mini games like gamehouse or something...
for this past few years, i just can't access reflexive.com. some country blocking ??  :(

For now, i've been looking forward for Diablo 3, especially after Blizzard making some April fool on their site :angry:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2009, 01:09:04 AM »
Brutal Legend's 100+ Soundtrack revealed
3 Inches of Blood - Deadly Sinners
3 Inches of Blood - Destroy The Orcs
Accept - Fast As A Shark
Angel Witch - Angel Witch
Anthrax - Metal Thrashing Mad
Anvil - March of the Crabs
Anvil - Tag Team
Apostasy - Sulphur Injection
Bishop of Hexen - A Serpentine Grave
Bishop of Hexen - The Somber Grounds of Truth
Black Sabbath - Children of the Grave
Black Sabbath - Symptom of the Universe
Black Sabbath - Never Say Die
Brocas Helm - Cry of the Banshee
Brocas Helm - Drink the Blood of the Priest
Budgie - Breadfan
Budgie - Zoom Club
Candlemass - Witches
Carcass - No Love Lost
Cloven Hoof Nightstalker
Children of Bodom - Angels Don't Kill
Coroner - Skeleton on your Shoulder
Cradle of Filth - Her Ghost in the Fog
Crimson Glory - Queen of the Masquerade
Dark Fortress - Insomnia
Dark Tranquility - Cathode Ray Sunshine
Deathstars - Blitzkrieg
Def Leppard - Rock of Ages
Dethklok - Mermaider
Diamond Head - Am I Evil?
Dimmu Borgir - Progenies of the Great Apocalypse
Dokken - Mr. Scary
Dragonforce - Through the Fire and Flames
Emperor - Thus Spake The Nightspirit
Enslaved - Frost
Enslaved - Loke
Firehouse - Overnight Sensation
Girlschool - Bomber
Iced Earth - When the Night Falls
Iced Earth - Pure Evil
In Flames - Goliaths Disarm Their Davids
Judas Priest - Battle Hymn
Judas Priest - The Hellion/Electric Eye
Judas Priest - Leather Rebel
Judas Priest - One Shot At Glory
Judas Priest - Painkiller
Kabbage Boy - Girlfriend
KMFDM - Free Your Hate
KMFDM - Rip The System
King Diamond - Cremation
King Diamond - Welcome Home
Kiss - God of Thunder
Lita Ford - Betrayal
Marilyn Manson - Beautiful People
Manowar - Die For Metal
Manowar - The Dawn Of Battle
Mastodon - Crack the Skye
Mastodon - Oblivion Instrumental
Megadeath - High Speed Dirt
Megadeath - Tornado of Souls
Metal Church - Metal Church
Michael Schenker - Group Assault Attack
Ministry - Stigmata
Ministry - Thieves
Mirrorthrone - So Frail
Motley Crue - Dr. Feelgood
Motley Crue - Kickstart My Heart
Motley Crue - Live Wire
Motorhead - Back at the Funny Farm
Motorhead - In the Black
Motorhead - Marching Off to War
Motorhead - We Are the Road Crew
Nitro - Machine Gun Eddie
Omen - The Axeman
Ostrogoth - Queen of Desire
Overkill - World of Hurt
Ozzy Osbourne - Believer
Ozzy Osbourne - Mr. Crowley
Ozzy Osbourne - Diary of a Madman
Prong - Snap Your Fingers, Snap Your Neck
Quiet Riot - The Wild and the Young
Racer X - Technical Difficulties
Racer X - Y.R.O.
Ratt - Lay It Down
Riot - Road Racin
Riot - Narita
Riot - Swords and Tequila
Rob Zombie - Superbeast
Rotting Christ - Ad Notics
Running Wild - Riding the Storm
Sanctuary - Battle Angels
Savatage - Hall of the Mountain King
Saxon - Wheels of Steel
Scorpions - Blackout
Scorpions - Holiday
Skeletonwitch - Soul Thrashing Black Sorcery
Skid Row - Youth Gone Wild
Slayer - Metal Storm/Face The Slayer
Slough Feg - Warriors Dawn
Static-X - Love Dump
Tenacious D - Master Exploder
Tenacious D - The Metal
Testament - For The Glory Of
Testament - More Than Meets The Eye
Tvangeste - Birth of the Hero
UFO - Rock Bottom
Whitesnake - Still of the Night
Wrath of Killenstein - Ignisis Dance

:rockon: :rockon: No Iron Maiden though :( Must be a licensing issue. And yet despite it having the most metal-centric sountrack in any mainstream game I've seen, I've read people bitching still about it not being metal enough. WTF?

Saw the opening for Brutal Legend and found it pretty amusing. Will have to wait and see if it's an instant buy or one to wait for the price to drop.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 01:22:47 AM by Tuffty »

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2009, 06:55:14 PM »
^never heard of the game before, but that list is pretty awesome. Maybe a bit too much 80s, but definitely enough metal.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2009, 07:29:26 PM »
Interesting fact I learned today: On 9th September the Dreamcast will officially be 10 years old. I loved the Dreamcast. Some of the best games I've ever played appeared on that console. I think the best thing about it was that everything was new to me with the DC. By the time I got it as a Christmas present, the PS2 and Xbox were already pretty well established, so when I got it, I had to admit I felt rather underwhelmed. But then I discovered some real hidden gems. Looking at the first ever case of cel shaded graphics in the incredibly hip and funky Jet Set Radio. Living the life of a sky pirate in Skies Of Arcadia. Driving through San Francisco with dynamic day/night cycles in Metropolis Street Racer. And of course, Shenmue. Love that game and will happily pay over the odds for a long awaited sequel. I wasn't so privy to the industry back then so I wasn't spoiled by any previews or reviews on any of the games I played so everything was completely new and I was happy that all of them were such good games. Something which the DC had a lot of. So cheers to the DC! :prayers:

I now have a new gaming frustration, both tied to Left 4 Dead. First of all, if I'm in a corridor and firing at zombies at the other end, DO NOT WALK IN FRONT OF ME OR YOU WILL OBVIOUSLY GET SHOT. More than that, DO NOT THEN BLAME ME FOR INCAPICATING YOU AND VOTE TO KICK ME. Second frustration? If you spend a long time through a campaign on expert, say 1hr 48mins, and 3 people are incapicated when the escape vehicle has arrived, don't escape by yourself in the vehicle. As made evident by other members of the party more vocal than me, you will be thought of as a dick. Which you are.

Offline Sexy Beam

• キラ☆キラスター
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ~Through Space and Time~
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2009, 07:34:44 PM »
Hey Tuffty... You'll shit bricks when you see that I own...

♥♥ // Infinite Bits Gaming Con // ♥♥ // Poupee Girl // ♥♥ // YouTube // ♥♥ // LJ // ♥♥

Offline meowchi

• still listening to Viyuden
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2009, 07:40:29 PM »
^ HOLY SCHNIKES! and lookkit that game collection ta boot! i dont even own 10 games!

BTW: RE5 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> L4D

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2009, 11:17:10 PM »

Woah! :w00t: :w00t: Awesome setup SB! Do you still take it out for a run or do you proudly just have it on display? Got any DC games for it even? Inspired now to maybe post a list of my own gaming collection though it could take a while!

Awww! Can't the two zombie apocalypses coincide in peace? :P I think it's unfair to compare the two personally, the other common factor is zombies. L4D is very much an arcade game with horror elements whereas RE5 is a survival horror with action elements. I think there's a distinction between the two. Both are excellent. And both can properly do you over if you get the wrong people. Played Chapter 5-3 on Professional with someone else and they thought they had the skill to take on Wesker by himself. He didn't. Not even a mic that I could communicate with him. And eventually I ran out of First Aid Sprays and patience to care. On that note, aren't First Aid Sprays useless on Pro mode? I find it much quicker and easier to resusicate someone than the time it takes to get out a spray and use it. Most of the time my partner dies before I get to them, and the restored health is useless because it only takes one hit to lose it all again.

Offline hiyokokun

• _.-= ERI ♥ AI =-._
  • Member+
  • i don't trust u
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2009, 05:21:14 AM »

Woah..what is that thing, is it still playable or just some display ??
are we suppose to standing while playing that DC ??

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2009, 06:31:47 AM »

Yeah! Resident Evil 5 is way cool!

Offline meowchi

• still listening to Viyuden
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2009, 07:02:58 AM »

Woah! :w00t: :w00t: Awesome setup SB! Do you still take it out for a run or do you proudly just have it on display? Got any DC games for it even? Inspired now to maybe post a list of my own gaming collection though it could take a while!

Awww! Can't the two zombie apocalypses coincide in peace? :P I think it's unfair to compare the two personally, the other common factor is zombies. L4D is very much an arcade game with horror elements whereas RE5 is a survival horror with action elements. I think there's a distinction between the two. Both are excellent. And both can properly do you over if you get the wrong people. Played Chapter 5-3 on Professional with someone else and they thought they had the skill to take on Wesker by himself. He didn't. Not even a mic that I could communicate with him. And eventually I ran out of First Aid Sprays and patience to care. On that note, aren't First Aid Sprays useless on Pro mode? I find it much quicker and easier to resusicate someone than the time it takes to get out a spray and use it. Most of the time my partner dies before I get to them, and the restored health is useless because it only takes one hit to lose it all again.

Yeah! Different game mechanics but the premise of horror is basically the same. Y'know the cliche zombie (Majini/Ganado if we're doing RE-speak)... But I do admit I have a bias towards RE, oh, and I've never played L4D (and no desire to. teehee!)

First aid sprays aren't useless in Pro mode, although it may seem like that during the Wesk/Jill 5-3 fight... Wesker and ESPECIALLY Jill have attacks with painfully slow recovery times, making it nearly impossible for a player to heal their partner with the B command.

But! It IS possible to heal instantly if you have the healing item equipped (as opposed to command); I usually have something on my fast equips for quick revive.

Oh and upon restoring health, full health it isn't actually useless (in terms of getting 1 hit ko'd again). Reason being is because if you just resuscitate- the next attack landed on your partners blinking health will prolong the recovery time, making it impossible to heal, whereas with full health, it's back to the base recovery time...

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2009, 07:10:41 AM »
lol I read that if you have the rocket launcher and you fire one straight at him when the level starts. He'll grab it and you just get your partner to shoot the rocket and then he'll run away.
Or something...
I dunno I haven't done it yet I'm still working on getting my Infinite Ammo Rocket Launcher :p

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rania - Dr. Feel Good