JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Takahashi Ai - Cha Cha Cha

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 997845 times)

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
  • >:|
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #120 on: September 16, 2009, 05:20:56 PM »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #121 on: September 17, 2009, 02:18:40 PM »
If videogames were more realistic...

Full List here

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #122 on: September 20, 2009, 04:59:09 AM »
Just watched the last episode of Giantbomb's Endurance Run with Persona 4. I am happy that I don't have to catch up anymore, but sad since I wont hear new impersonations of the characters by the Giantbomb people anymore
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline Foxy Brown

• Old and cranky
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Super bad!
« Reply #123 on: September 20, 2009, 05:08:48 AM »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #124 on: September 20, 2009, 12:14:24 PM »
Just watched the last episode of Giantbomb's Endurance Run with Persona 4. I am happy that I don't have to catch up anymore, but sad since I wont hear new impersonations of the characters by the Giantbomb people anymore

Quote from: Kanji Tatsumi
[size=8]GET BENT![/size]

I think I'm approaching the end myself. Just wasting my time around the final dungeon before I get to fight [bgcolor=#000000]Adachy-baby[/bgcolor]. There's one sweet looking Persona at Lvl 87 called Helel that I would like to get. Though really, if you can summon Satan, like my guy, you should be set :lol:

Oh and the Madden glitch XD

Check out this video from the final build of Forza Motorsport 3. It looks so good.

Forza

Offline Foxy Brown

• Old and cranky
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Super bad!
« Reply #125 on: September 21, 2009, 03:55:38 AM »
I know it's ancient, but it still makes me laugh every time.

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #126 on: September 21, 2009, 05:24:55 PM »
Playing Bio Shock for the past 3 days.  Awesome.

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #127 on: September 22, 2009, 12:33:03 AM »
[noembed]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxvWriAQGfc#normal[/noembed] Most Painful Madden Glitch Ever

Bears fans always tell me Grossman laid an egg in the Super Bowl but this is ridiculous.

Tokyo Game Show this week. Hopefully plenty of new info and announcements.

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
  • Terashima Takuma Fan No.1
« Reply #128 on: September 22, 2009, 08:25:02 PM »
OMG! This week is TGS, right! O_O
Can't wait... I hope that Square Enix announces the release date for Birth by Sleep...

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #129 on: September 23, 2009, 10:22:50 AM »
 :shakeit:lol, posting from my wii

Offline Saikami

• W O N K Y F I E D
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • TEAM AIBUTT
« Reply #130 on: September 23, 2009, 07:06:22 PM »
My old Gamecube controller is broken. D: Just as I started up a new game of Zelda, too... :cry:
[All hail AiButt! Sig by Dinny!]

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #131 on: September 23, 2009, 07:21:17 PM »
My old Gamecube controller is broken. D: Just as I started up a new game of Zelda, too... :cry:

Awww poor you. D:

I absolutely hate Chaos in the Inward Chaos mode. D<

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #132 on: September 23, 2009, 08:37:32 PM »
NEW YORK, Sept 23 (Reuters) - Shares of Electronic Arts Inc (ERTS.O) jumped more than 4 percent to $19.36 on Wednesday on unsubstantiated talk that Microsoft Corp (MSFT.O) might be interested in buying the video game publisher, traders said.

"There's talk that Microsoft might be interested in acquiring Electronic Arts. It's unsubstantiated chatter, but it's out there," said Frederic Ruffy, options strategist at WhatsTrading.com in New York.

http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idCNN2339589020090923?rpc=44

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #133 on: September 23, 2009, 10:15:29 PM »
Interesting. Aside from the occasional sports game, I don't really like EA, so it won't affect me much.

The biggest winner from this would probably be Sega - if EA stops supporting the PS3, then Sega is the next biggest brand in a lot of the categories.

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #134 on: September 23, 2009, 10:22:41 PM »
Yeah, EA doesn't really impact my life, since I'm not a big fan of sports games. Should be interesting to see how things play out though...

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #135 on: September 23, 2009, 10:36:01 PM »
Interesting. Aside from the occasional sports game, I don't really like EA, so it won't affect me much.

The biggest winner from this would probably be Sega - if EA stops supporting the PS3, then Sega is the next biggest brand in a lot of the categories.

Surely the next biggest developer/publisher after EA is Activision? It's not just Sports games that would be 360 exclusive remember, EA owns properties like Need For Speed, The Sims, and Dead Space. Would mention other properties like Mass Effect and Left 4 Dead but they're exclusive anyway

PS3 would be in a sticky situation if true. Activision also threatened to stop developing games for PS3 as well as I remember.

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #136 on: September 24, 2009, 10:31:09 AM »
^ I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard-Activision is bigger than EA now with their merger and I thought EA publishes Left 4 Dead and Valve holds the IP rights? (Rock Band too with MTV/Harmonix)

Anyway, I don't see anyway that's happening. It would be bad business for both. EA since 4/5 of their revenue is on Wii, PS3, PS2, DS and PSP. Microsoft because they are paying billions for a company that loses money and basically only get the Madden name for the trouble.

Although deep down I think I would love for it to happen because we might see NFL2K and Blitz games again. :w00t:

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #137 on: September 24, 2009, 11:49:30 AM »
I doubt this will happen. EA and Blizz-Activision are competing for the largest 3rd party publisher title. Buying either of them would cost a fortune, and Microsoft would be better suited buying up smaller indie studios. I don't like the idea of big mergers in the first place, either way.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #138 on: September 26, 2009, 12:51:47 PM »
There was a documentary shown last night on the dangers of video games and their addictive habits. And it was exactly the one-sided and ignorant debate I expected about gaming, combined with that insufferable holier-than-thou attitude you so often find in people who don't understand, and have no experience of, the thing that concerns them so much. These people so easily pass judgement on gaming, equating it as a waste of time, but never turn that judgemental eye to their own pastimes. They completely fail to comprehend that gaming can stimulate everything from memory to reactions to problem-solving to tactical thinking to business acumen to historical knowledge to imagination. I'd like to see anyone make the same claims of most television!

And of course a 6yr old kid is going to be pissed if you turn the console off mid-game. He probably spent an hour to reach his stage only to have some ignoramous switch it off, wrecking it for him under the impression it's for his own good. I just feel sorry for the kids who have to live under the parents who have been filled full of fear, ignorance, and misinformation by this shoddy bit of so-called journalism. Any kid whose console gets taken away tonight should repay the favour by taking their parent's television away - for the exact same reasons. Fair's fair, after all.

Best line was in relation to a murder case where a man was tragically murdered over a complicated love triangle where they all shared a vested interest in an Advance Wars MMO rip off:

"They spent a lot of time together, in cyberworld"
"And like a character in a video game, he had to be eliminated"
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 02:35:17 PM by Tuffty »

Offline RoyMoy

• Member+
« Reply #139 on: September 27, 2009, 12:15:37 AM »
There was a documentary shown last night on the dangers of video games and their addictive habits. And it was exactly the one-sided and ignorant debate I expected about gaming, combined with that insufferable holier-than-thou attitude you so often find in people who don't understand, and have no experience of, the thing that concerns them so much…

Using the term "cyberworld" is a complete giveaway on how much the authors understand or researched their subject matter. The murder in many cases is probably related to other underlying issues otherwise this would be happening a lot more often.

This is nothing new. Moral Panics and folk devils. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moral_panic

On another note, TGS went on this week. I really wish that MGS:Peace Walker was coming to PS3 and 360 rather than PSP. It will be really interesting how to see how the Snake -> Big Boss transition turns out. I think the hero to villain thing is a little cliche but I think it will turn out to be something better than what happened in Star Wars. Tatsunoko vs. Capcom is getting Frank West from Dead Rising, playing that guy looks like a blast!

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Takahashi Ai - Cha Cha Cha