JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Leslie Cheung - Let the Wind Continue to Blow

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 993824 times)

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #500 on: May 14, 2010, 07:07:37 PM »
Just got Little Big Planet for the PSP - now to wait for it to recharge.

Offline adventwriter

• Forever a Linlin wota.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #501 on: May 14, 2010, 07:46:46 PM »
I want to get a new game....but I can't find any I'm interested in....

I'm limited to the PS2, Computer, and DS for the time being..... limits my choices

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #502 on: May 14, 2010, 08:24:44 PM »

I'm limited to the PS2, Computer, and DS for the time being..... limits my choices

Portal is free on Steam now... just saying. ;)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #503 on: May 15, 2010, 03:52:52 PM »
For those up to speed on the Deadly Premonition Endurance Run (BR-30)

Ryan: Man, Greenvale gets weird at nigh- there's a giant dog at that intersection, there's a giant dog at that intersection!
Brad: What?!
Ryan: There's a giant dog at that intersection!
Brad: Holy!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #504 on: May 15, 2010, 04:43:20 PM »
For those up to speed on the Deadly Premonition Endurance Run (BR-30)

got links?
(I've been meaning to ask this for a while  XD)

can't wait for this game!!!!

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #505 on: May 15, 2010, 05:20:41 PM »
^ Endurance Run BR - Episode 30. Personally prefering Vinnie's and Jeff's endurance run though. I think Brad and Ryan made the mistake of reading viewer's comments. Brad's already mentioned that someone spoiled the ending for him and they're listening to viewer's on how to get the better weapons and items in the game. But the appeal behind these endurance runs, or in any playthrough for that matter, is in seeing the reaction from them as these story events unfold or when they find that sweet new weapon or item as it's all new to them. You know, the way games are meant to be played? If they know where to go and what they're getting from these quests as a result then it removes the element of surprise for them and they wouldn't be as stoked to get them, which in turn ruins my enjoyment.

Vinny and Jeff are playing it like they should, totally blind and not knowing what to expect next. I mean they could have got that radio ages ago, but I can't wait to see what their reaction will be if they should find it :lol: Also they're generally just mucking about more (like shooting the explosive barell near the dog, or peaking in Thomas' window XD)

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #506 on: May 15, 2010, 09:41:32 PM »
Thanks!

I watched Ep.1 with V&J first and now with B&R, they made the same joke about the textures at the beginning XD
But 30 eps is a lot to watch but it makes me want to play the game even more, too bad it's probably never getting an EU release.

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
  • Terashima Takuma Fan No.1
« Reply #507 on: May 15, 2010, 09:51:56 PM »
I want to play Tetris X_X

Who of you all have EVER in your life archieved the 999,999 points in Tetris?!
Well.. this gamer here did it back then in 2006 xD (Dunno, if you know this vid but I post it anyway!)

Watch the video and listen to the epic music a half hour long!
DUn dundundun dududun...~
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 11:54:06 PM by Ayako-Luna »

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

Offline adventwriter

• Forever a Linlin wota.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #508 on: May 15, 2010, 11:58:53 PM »

So I've heard....I'll probably grab it soon then... hadn't used Steam before.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #509 on: May 16, 2010, 05:51:42 PM »

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
  • Terashima Takuma Fan No.1
« Reply #510 on: May 16, 2010, 05:56:09 PM »
Whoever it is.. XD
He is a big Princess Peach-Fan!

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #511 on: May 16, 2010, 06:50:05 PM »

So I've heard....I'll probably grab it soon then... hadn't used Steam before.
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=12803.0 gogogo! Don't miss the other free games linked in there!

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #512 on: May 17, 2010, 05:08:40 PM »
Ah, have I mentioned how much I'm in love with Nier?  :wub:

And now I found out there's DLC for it.
But when I bought my 360 I swore to the gods of videogameing I'd never ever be tempted to downoad pay content, never ever!
But my love for Nier is so pure and wholesome, I think I have to break my oath (and maybe for those FF13 Avatar outfits, too) XD

In other news, I'm curious what this game will be like, the trailers are freaky cool so far.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #513 on: May 18, 2010, 12:12:59 AM »
Ah, have I mentioned how much I'm in love with Nier?  :wub:

And now I found out there's DLC for it.
But when I bought my 360 I swore to the gods of videogameing I'd never ever be tempted to downoad pay content, never ever!
But my love for Nier is so pure and wholesome, I think I have to break my oath (and maybe for those FF13 Avatar outfits, too) XD

Oooh details details! I'm curious to know what's so good about it. Critic reviews have been pretty average but anytime I've read player comments they talk about how much they love it without ever going into much details about what makes it special.

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #514 on: May 18, 2010, 12:41:22 PM »
^ I don't know really  XD
I'm still not very far into it I guess, I have Kaine and Weiss in my party and now I'm in a dessert temple.

It's just the small things that sum up into a enjoyable perfect package for me!

- the whole post apocalyptic setting and atmosphere
- the characters and their interaction (the small conversations that occur from time to time are just pure gold!) also the voice acting is very good imho
- the whole retro feeling with the switching into 2-D perspective when you enter houses or on some other occassions)
- some of the bosses are pretty retro, too!
- the missions, till now it's just bring&fetch and run around alot, but for me it's still fun (but since their optional - if you don't like them, don't do them)
- the simple controlls
- Weiss  XD
- Kaine  :w00t:
- Farming and Fishing (also optional), all very simple but I like it (I suck at fishing, all I fetch is see weed, waterplants, empty cans and pieces of wood, but it's still fun and I can't wait for the moment I pull my first real fish out of the water ^^)
- slaying innocent sheep, goats, deer etc.
- the checkpoint and endless continue's, when you die doesn't mean you have to start from your last save but instead most of the time you continue from exactly where you died, you loose a little health, that's it
- last but not least

For now the story is still more light hearted, I can't wait till the REAL drama begins!

I saw/read the reviews and most of them have issues with the outdated graphics (no prob for me really) or the characters/story, which is purely a matter of taste imho, or the whole mixture of genres ("the game can't decide if it's rpg, jump&run, farming sim etc.")

If you have any questions, feel free to ask, I'm happy to gush about my new found love XD
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 12:50:20 PM by coachie »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #515 on: May 18, 2010, 01:57:52 PM »
Thanks coachie! There's quite a few games on my radar and Nier's definately one of them. A while back I found this while trying to find the supposedly stellar soundtrack and loved it straight away

This looks interesting, a game from the Devil May Cry designer with possibly one of the weirdest names I've heard. This is El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron, and it's pretty graphically striking in a minimalist way. Very pretty

More here
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 02:20:01 PM by Tuffty »

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #516 on: May 18, 2010, 06:22:15 PM »
Tuffty if you're still looking for the Nier OST, I can send you a link.

Funny, you bring up El Shaddai, because I found out about this game just two days ago.
The Official Site also has a small teaser trailer.

My first thought on looking at the picture of Enoch and Luzifer were "yaoi fangirls are going to LOVE this!" XD

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #517 on: May 19, 2010, 10:22:12 AM »

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline Wonderboy

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ☆彡
« Reply #518 on: May 19, 2010, 10:21:13 PM »
^
 :lol:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #519 on: May 20, 2010, 12:25:00 AM »

:lol: :lol:

JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Leslie Cheung - Let the Wind Continue to Blow