JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Aiko - Rozy

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 998256 times)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #1200 on: April 18, 2011, 12:30:30 PM »
Fuck yeh Persona 4 anime. And music from Shoji Meguro too!  :bow:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1201 on: April 19, 2011, 12:02:37 PM »
Ok so I've got a £30 voucher for a game shop just asking to be used up. Thing is this game shop is only found in Belfast and it takes me round the good part of an hour to get there. I am heading to the city tomorrow for a job interview and the game shop is close by. Problem is, I've had my eye on Portal 2 for a long ass time, and would like to get it when it's released, except it's out on Friday over here. So here's the dilemma, do I:

a) Use the voucher to get another game (I do want to get Vanquish. Badly.)
b) Save the voucher in the hope I can go back at a later day to get Portal 2 (assuming they have plenty of it in stock)

Decisions.

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1202 on: April 19, 2011, 08:21:56 PM »
I tried a 3DS for the first time. I've always doubted its 3D capabilities, but after trying it first hand, I gotta say..it's pretty cool.
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #1203 on: April 20, 2011, 04:17:52 AM »

b) Save the voucher in the hope I can go back at a later day to get Portal 2 (assuming they have plenty of it in stock)

Go for Portal 2. If they don't have it in stock, go for Vanquish. You can wait till Friday.
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1204 on: April 20, 2011, 11:17:25 PM »
^ Dude I got Vanquish for free!! :w00t: And with £17 still to burn on my gift card. :w00t: :w00t: Think I might even wait out on Portal 2 for the time being. I wanna show Vanquish some love. And I still have Dead Space 2, Bioshock 2 and AC : Brotherhood yet to complete. That's enough.

They did have a stand for Portal 2 in the shop as well and I got some hands on time with it. Couple of people watching me tackle one of the early puzzles. I even heard someone go "Ooooh" when I solved it haha The guy serving me was the nicest guy too, he and I talked about Vanquish and how awesome Bayonetta was.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1205 on: April 21, 2011, 12:46:07 PM »
Love watching people play Amnesia especially when they have videos of themselves playing it :lol:

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1206 on: April 21, 2011, 06:56:19 PM »
http://www.humblebundle.com/

Go get this and play Trine, it's absolutely fantastic :cathappy:

Offline Fushigidane

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1207 on: April 23, 2011, 03:45:47 PM »
I've never had a character higher level than 55 in Dofus!!!! still a noob :w00t:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1208 on: April 23, 2011, 09:42:57 PM »
A friend of mine lent Splinter Cell Conviction to me and I gave him The Orange Box so he could play Portal. Conviction is cool and all, but I can't take the bad guys seriously. Some quotes I've heard from patrolling guards

"COME ON OUT FISHER!"
"WE'RE GONNA FUCK YOU UP FISHER!"
"YOUR DAUGHTER WAS A WHORE FISHER!"
"I'M GONNA HANG YOU UP NEXT TO THIS PAINTING!"

It's not threatening, it's just comical. Like Pika pointed out in this comic to me :lol: You think every guard is gonna want to give away their position like that to a well trained assassin? I kinda agree about the Mark and Execute move being a tad overpowered too. But whatever, it's still the first level, things probably will change.

Offline Fushigidane

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1209 on: April 25, 2011, 01:38:05 PM »
I set myself a goal in Dofus for today. I need to atleast get to level 42 (from 39). :P
Maybe even sell my powerful chance scrolls XD
I had LOTSA fun yesterday in a dungeon with some other players! :w00t: I'm an independent player but I do want to play with buddies. XD

Oh yes 1 more level to 42 and a new spell! :w00t:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1210 on: April 25, 2011, 03:09:50 PM »
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #1211 on: April 26, 2011, 11:06:14 PM »
very interesting

Offline Fushigidane

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1212 on: April 28, 2011, 03:26:34 PM »
Leveling from 42 to 46 feels quite boring. -_- Just a few (about 20!) levels and they'll take me into some guild... `__´

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #1213 on: April 29, 2011, 03:17:57 AM »
Help me out. I have an RPG itch. I have a DS Phat (The ORIGINAL DS!) and some classic RPGs are on it such as Final Fantasy IV and Chrono Trigger along with some newer things like Dragon Quest IX and Blue Dragon.

What should I consider? Where is the cream of the crop? I see various reviews but I would like to know what you have in mind.

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #1214 on: April 29, 2011, 04:07:55 AM »
Can't beat the Mario & Luigi games imo. Partners in Time and Bowser's Inside Story. And Superstar Saga of course.

Offline EternalSkies

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • TakaUno <3
« Reply #1215 on: April 29, 2011, 05:58:26 AM »
Chrono Trigger is definitely worth investing in.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1216 on: April 29, 2011, 11:56:44 AM »
TOZ: I have 3 recommendations for you, all of which I've played and in no order:

The World Ends With You - Created by Tetsuya Nomura (he of FF fame) it's not your average JRPG. It's set in an alternate modern day Tokyo for one where those involved are subjected to some kind of Battle Royale esque game where they have to fulfil goals within a set timeframe otherwise they die. The game itself has the most unique combat system around where you collect 'pins' that each grant different abilities so you can customise your character however you want that takes full advantage of the capibilities of the DS so you're moving around the area using the stylus but are also using it to make a slashing motion to cut, dragging and throwing objects at enemies with telekenisis and even blowing into the mic to make a tornado. On top of all that you use the top screen and the dpad to control a 2nd character who assists you. It sounds like a lot to take in and it can be at first, but you will definately find your rhythm and can adjust the difficulty or have the top screen be AI controlled at any time with no penalty. To top it all off, it's an engaging story with some lovely stylish graphics and one of the best soundtracks in any game.

Shin Megami Tensei : Devil Summoner - This one's similar to TWEWY in premise, a group of teenagers who are caught out in Tokyo by a swarm of demons and must fight in order to escape a locked down Tokyo from an impending apocalypse. The combat itself is like an old school DQ game where it's in first person and plays like one too. There are other differences of course, you've seen the Endurance Run, you know how a SMT game works with elemental weaknesses and the like. It's all well done and makes another great playing RPG.

Mario & Luigi : Bowsers Inside Story - Another different combat engine that's a mix of turn based battling, but requires your absolute attention with specific button timings so you can't really grind your way through the combat. And it has platforming elements as well when you're outside of combat, much like a 2D Mario game. And it's a really charming and funny story as well.

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #1217 on: April 30, 2011, 12:56:50 AM »
Thank you all for your suggestions. Looks I need to make a decision quicker than I thought because my 360 crapped out again. Same problem and everything. Not cool at all.

Offline EternalSkies

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • TakaUno <3
« Reply #1218 on: April 30, 2011, 06:19:23 AM »
The World Ends With You is another that gets my vote. I just dunno why I didn't think of it as an RPG  :nervous

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1219 on: April 30, 2011, 09:33:09 PM »
After seeing the Quick Look on Giant Bomb, I'm really intrigued by indie adventure game, Gemini Rue

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Aiko - Rozy