JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Neon Bunny - It`s You

Author Topic: A visual comparison of the 360 and PS3  (Read 4188 times)

Offline RionZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
A visual comparison of the 360 and PS3
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 06:56:40 AM »
lol, surprise this hasn't been brought up in the console wars sooner....

great point, you could buy a lot of shit with that difference in money

Courtesy of the best, Miichan!

Offline xtree

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 07:41:09 AM »
as much as i like the graphics, i think gameplay and comes to play a lot more for me

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007, 08:07:24 AM »
Hm, I think they just made the point for me to buy a PS3...

Offline NAzu

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2007, 02:19:11 PM »
You could buy Xbox 360 Premium and Wii for the price of one PS3. I'd take the Xbox and beer :D

Offline Angelus

• Yasashii.Kimochi
  • Member+
  • EighthGen <3
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2007, 03:37:35 PM »
Xbox 360, the leader? Obviously, it was released a year before everything. It was released a long while before every other next gen. console, so it should hardly even be considered one.

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2007, 11:01:57 PM »
Buy an hd-dvd adapter with your xbox360 premium and you're paying just about the same for the 20gb ps3 which has a built in blu-ray player and better specs than the xbox360. You could also buy the 60gb ps3 and about twice as much beer than that compared to a stand-alone blu-ray player.

Offline BuRn

• Gonna BuRn in Hell when I DIE!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: A visual comparison of the 360 and PS3
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2007, 03:58:36 PM »
i've got both of 'em, so theres no need for me to compare.... weeEeeEEee   :rolleyes:

Offline aimaime

• Ai T's Iced Tea
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Gakky^^
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2007, 06:13:15 AM »
and i... can't afford to buy either one :-[

*hugs my ps2*

sangatsu7 - movies, music, variety shows, japan, aichan, rants, etc..

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2007, 04:34:54 PM »
Yeah, I haven't seen any reason to spend the money to replace my PS2 yet - though Castlevania SOTN on XBLA is pretty convincing.

Offline BuRn

• Gonna BuRn in Hell when I DIE!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2007, 02:44:22 AM »
Yeah, I haven't seen any reason to spend the money to replace my PS2 yet - though Castlevania SOTN on XBLA is pretty convincing.

my reason.... gundam musou...

Offline nazokage

• rika ishikawa's boyfreind (i wish)
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2007, 01:04:39 AM »
i have an Xbox360 with xbox live gold and i would never consider getting a ps3..
ps3 started out of the gate wrong and i dont think they will recover , in terms of blu-ray - HDdvd i work at a tv shop and we have had the opportunity to look at both on the best possible units and best possible tv's made we had a Sony's Official Blu-ray player that came with the 5th element movie yeah smart one sony send the worst quility movie with your official player the movie had all kinds of splotch's during the movie and all kinds of jiggy lines it was a terrible Performance by Sony's official Unit i think i could have got a picture close to it with a maxed out Dvd Player if not better on the other hand we Brought an xbox360 with the HD-Dvd Unit with it and it was A Beautifal Picture yes Beautifal 1080P in all of its Glory so in terms of Players No comparison HD-Dvd Won Hands Down, In Terms of Games and System Specs for  Games 360 has alot more Games that are exlusive, and Most of the other Games that are not exlusive are on both Systems  on ps3 except a select Few which i dont care about with More and More Games Becoming no longer exlusive on ps3.Granted the Ps3 does have better hardware but all of that will be Solved when the Xbox360 Elite so yeah everything is better with 360.  all the time more and more i am seeing the ps3 turn into the Last Sega System it was cool at first but eventully went bankrupt and now only makes games except with the ps3 They started out Bad when they first came out ... the fact that a million ps2's were sold in the us During Christmas season Compared to only 500,000 ps3's should attest to that and the fact that no matter what store i went in i saw plenty of systems just sitting there for several months is really bad
and now of course you can only buy the expensive version instead of the expensive one and the slightly cheaper version making you spend around a thousand bucks no matter what if you get a game and etc... F that if i dident already have a decked out 360 i would rather buy a 360 and HD-DVD Player and still spend less Money, i am sure that solme have seen the European advertisment that displayed the ps3 as a blue-ray player and in little letters at the Bottom says it plays games too! Heh Yeah i know several people that have bought the ps3 for the blueray player alone and stand back ps3 because the stand alone units are getting cheaper and cheaper. End Statement Xbox360 RULES!
And SONY SUCKS!!!

PS: Yeah Heroes the Series will be on DVD and HD-DVD Heck Yeah F you Sony!!!!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 01:09:29 AM by nazokage »

credit to arian and strawchan for picts

Offline Maikeru86

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2007, 03:53:57 AM »
^Are you serious? Microsoft puting Sony out business? That's not happening, Sony is hear to stay. But i'm pretty sure they are both here to stay because each system has their half of loyal, opinionated customers who will defend their system only because they own one. Like Angelus said, it's unfair to compare the Xbox360 to the PS3 because the 360 was released a year before the PS3. So the Xbox360 was able to steal the customers who were just itching for a next gen console and who couldn't wait. As far as Blue Ray VS. HD DVD. http://www.engadget.com/2005/09/19/blu-ray-vs-hd-dvd-state-of-the-s-union-s-division/ . Remember, Blu-ray hardware is still only first generation, so any deficits could be improved or even null and void as better players hit the market. We have yet to see the full potential of the PS3. IF YOU WANT A TASTE OF WHAT'S TO COME FOR THE PS3 LOOK AT THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Microsoft will probably try to copy that because Sony is a trend-setter ;D . And if any Xbox360 fans says that the PS3 Home Community isn't MOTHER-F*CKIN-TIZIGHT!, then they're are obviously in denial. Before i post this, although i did throw a little jab at the Xbox360 fans, i got love for ya.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 03:55:59 AM by Maikeru86 »

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2007, 04:06:55 AM »
I wouldn't say that the 360 has an "unfair" lead over PS3. It was released earlier so it would have that lead. No one else decided to release at the same time, so it's their choice to be behind. Still, it's not about being "fair". It's about business, where you gotta be the best. None of this, "Let's release our systems at the same time so everyone has a fair chance."

Sony is quite the trend setter. I love them for coming up with the sixaxis.:P

Offline Yuna

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2007, 12:32:11 AM »
I just love this next gen wars ! For a long time things haven't been as competitive as they are these days.
Sony which for a long time was the leader by far is now trying to catch up Microsoft and Nintendo.
I'm no fanboy of any system, I've had a playstation 1 and 2; and an xbox 1 and now I have an Xbox 360 and I loved all those systems.

I think it's good to have a new leader because in the last gen Microsoft had to prove its worth by creating some great and innovative games, and now it's Sony's turn to make it up for the 1 year late start and start delivering those great games they've been promising.

As I said I have an Xbox 360 and I'm very happy with it, and I'll probably buy an PS3 in the future (the day it get's cheaper).
I'm only a little skeptical about nintendo's Wii which so far seems to be a reasonable fun choice, but I've had lots of deceptions with the Nintendo 64 (I was so happy the day I sold it to someone else) and the Gamecube the promised so much but in my opinion only delivered a handful of good games.

My point is, the only winners with this are we, the gamers. This will force Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo to create great games so we can choose which console to buy !

Offline marktobias

• TOISU!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2007, 12:05:24 PM »
Think of all the beer you could buy if you bought neither! :D

JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Neon Bunny - It`s You