JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Morning Musume - Souda! We`re alive

Author Topic: Bayonetta  (Read 62565 times)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Bayonetta
« Reply #120 on: December 29, 2010, 02:18:15 AM »
Fuck! I tried out Bayonetta again after some time and retried the Angel Slayer chapter. Got through Verse 1 ok, then totally forgot that they ramp up the damage and speed of the enemies for Verse 2 so I struggled a bit XD But I went the furthest I had ever gone, had about a quarter of my life left and then I reach the next stage, and I have to fight two Jeanne's :bleed eyes: I didn't last long.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #121 on: April 14, 2011, 08:22:45 PM »
I heard Bayonetta speak in Japanese once or twice but now I know what it means! It's a reference to Akira from Virtua Fighter and one of his win quotes :D

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #122 on: April 14, 2011, 10:40:18 PM »
lol I just found out about that a little while ago too. I just got the nunchaku two nights and the next day my XBox stopped working.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #123 on: June 30, 2011, 01:19:40 AM »
Wesley Burt (concept artist) drew this concept art when the game was still in development. As you can see, it's a more Western approach on the character.

Prefer the Librarian look myself.

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #124 on: June 30, 2011, 03:52:14 AM »
I just saw these this morning and thought the librarian look was way better too. I think these designs make her look tougher, but less feminine. The more feminine look fits better with her sexy style.

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #125 on: June 30, 2011, 02:36:25 PM »
I'm only glad she didn't end as a blonde  :)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #126 on: August 30, 2011, 08:17:30 PM »
Hold onto your glasses, Bayonetta 2 could be unveiled this week.

Platinum Games could be about to go public with a follow-up to its acclaimed action title Bayonetta, judging by a Tweet from director Hideki Kamiya.

In response to a question from a follower as to when a sequel might be announced, Kamiya replied "This week... in a game magazine...", according to Andriasang's translation.

Of course, he could be pulling our legs, but with Tokyo Game Show kicking off in just over a fortnight, that timing doesn't sound too far-fetched.

This isn't the first we've head of a Bayonetta sequel. Last October, Platinum founder Atsushi Inaba said "We would love to make a sequel to it when the time is right". A month prior to that, when asked whether we could expect more from the franchise, Kamiya said "I believe so".

We've asked Sega for comment, and will update if a confession is forthcoming.

I'd be very sad if Kamiya turned out to be trolling us. :lol:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #127 on: September 02, 2011, 12:05:24 AM »
Turns out, Kamiya was trolling us!

The game magazine he's apparently referring to is Famitsu, and contents of that publication have already leaked onto the internet. No Bayonetta 2!

Atsushi Inaba, a producer at Platinum Games quickly hoped on Twitter, to put out this fire, saying that there is no Bayonetta 2 reveal this week.

"We aren't showing anything new, guys!" Inaba wrote, adding that Kamiya likes to "skirt the line with his jokes on twitter" and added that he was going to flick Kamiya in the ear.

Damn you Kamiya!! Though I think he may have announced the sequel earlier than the publishers would have liked. :P

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #128 on: September 02, 2011, 06:15:02 AM »
Publishers: TGS hasn't started yet!
Kamiya: Oh... It hasn't? {innocently twiddles fingers}

[publishers turn around and leave]
Kamiya: {evil grin} :twisted:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #129 on: March 25, 2012, 06:09:37 PM »
No word of a sequel yet but she will be included in Platinum games brawler, Anarchy Reigns, as a pre-order bonus:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #130 on: March 27, 2012, 10:29:09 PM »
Here's something interesting I just found out, Hideki Kamiya, the creative mind behind Bayonetta, did his own gameplay commentary on the Platinum website. Some pretty cool insight if you can afford to rewatch another playthrough of Bayonetta (all 50 parts and ongoing!!). The link to the first set is here

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #131 on: September 13, 2012, 08:20:54 PM »
BAYONETTA 2 BIATCHES!!!!!

It was officially unveiled today by Nintendo, surprisingly, at their press event for the Wii U. More than that, they've got the publishing rights, so Bayonetta 2 will be a platform exclusive. It's an announcement that has me equally giddy with excitement as well as disappointed. I don't see enough on the Wii U at this moment in time to convince me to buy it at launch, and even then I don't think it's justifiable to buy a console for one game.

But then I should be glad and excited that it's coming at all. People forget that Bayonetta 2 was cancelled and SEGA didn't seem to want anything to do with it despite it being Platinum's highest selling game thus far. So I'm hugely excited it's coming and am also incredibly thankful for Nintendo in having faith in it. While I wish it wasn't a platform exclusive, I definately will play it at some point, because IMO, Bayonetta is not only the best game of it's type, but one of the best games this generation.

...I'm excited. I'm gonna play some of the original again tonight for kicks. :w00t:

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #132 on: September 14, 2012, 08:37:18 AM »
As much as I liked Bayonetta, I won't go out and buy a Wii U for this. I'm not going to make the same mistake that I made with the Wii.
I wonder though how they will incorperate the tablet controller into the gameplay, or if it's going to support only a normal controller.

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #133 on: September 15, 2012, 11:26:34 PM »
I like how people are so pissed off about this that they'd rather there was no Bayonetta 2 at all XD

Nintendo is the only reason there IS a Bayonetta 2 since your best buddies Sony and Microsoft wouldn't help out with publishing/development costs, but Nintendo did, so kindly shut the f up :)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #134 on: September 15, 2012, 11:36:21 PM »
These....."fans"...don't deserve to play the game.  :banghead:

Refusing to play the original after hearing this announcement? What a fucking moron. :lol: Why deprive yourself of reliving some awesome moments like this? :lol:

Offline Kid_Alpha

• Jerk Kouhai
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • (」゜ロ゜)」
« Reply #135 on: September 21, 2012, 09:02:25 PM »
I was pretty freakin' excited about the news, especially since for once a game I like is on a console I own though the Wii U's price makes me want to cry. But at least, I can just save up to buy it instead.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #136 on: June 22, 2013, 05:05:33 PM »
Geez! :w00t:

JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Morning Musume - Souda! We`re alive