JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Dream - Get Over

Author Topic: Tech-related problems  (Read 485657 times)

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Tech-related problems
« Reply #2360 on: April 04, 2010, 06:42:44 AM »
know any free software that could convert batches of audio file from one type to another, or rather one bit rate to another? 

I remember I used a free audio converter that converts batches of my music, mp3s or wmas, from a higher bitrate like 320kbps to 128/192kbps.  Which is really good, only problem is that it didn't save any of the data like title, artist,album genre, etc.  I guess it wasn't that big of a deal, though. 
Only now I forgot the name of that software I used, been trying to find it recently...

anyone knows what program I'm talking about?

Also:  I have 2 internal SATA HD in my laptop, C and F drive.  everytime I transfer big amount of files, 30GB+ or transferring with a long time, F drive then disappears.  Why is this and is there any way to fix it?  Using windows 7, wasn't originally came with this laptop...
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 11:00:28 AM by BigDnm01 »

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
« Reply #2361 on: April 04, 2010, 06:34:14 PM »
Dbpoweramp is good for converting batches of audio.  It's a trial version but the trial is only for the mp3 encoder so if you already have something like LAME installed it'll use that instead (unless they've changed it since I downloaded mine).
Sig gone. Tinypic is no more.

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2362 on: April 05, 2010, 07:12:13 AM »
having problem with a smartphone, Nokia N97 mini.  when receiving a picture message (mms), the picture turns out very small.  It's not the sender problem since the same picture sent to other phones are of normal size.  I'm on the T-Mobile USA network.  Please help....

Offline differentstory12

• Member+
« Reply #2363 on: April 06, 2010, 09:53:50 AM »
I need help again please  :cry:

My PC has a pitch black screen, and all it shows is the cursor, thats it =(
I've tried looking up the problem on google and youtube, and it all leads me to the "Black Screen of Death" but Im not sure if it's the same.

I watched some videos on youtube, and this is similar to the problem that Im having:

I have a Dell, Windows XP, but mine shows the cursor by itself with the black screen in the back.

From another youtube video I saw, when I tried pressing F8 for safemode w/networking this happened:

This person said they fixed it but he/she hasn't logged on in 3 weeks.

:cry: :cry: Ahhhhhh.
This one is the family PC so everyone is mad at me lol :nervous cause I use it to download stuff etc. Plus I haven't turned it off in a whiiiile. I know I know. Does anyone know how to fix this without loosing what I have on my PC already?
If anyone can please help, I'd appreciate it! Thanks!

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2364 on: April 06, 2010, 06:55:18 PM »
^ First guess: bad harddisk (e.g. you need to replace it)

That does not mean you lose everything: put this disk into for example a external USB box and see if you can read from it on a different machine.

Offline differentstory12

• Member+
« Reply #2365 on: April 07, 2010, 06:12:11 AM »
^ Ooooof Im gonna have to look that up online on how to do that. When it comes to computer related problems, Im so lost  :nervous.
Thanks for your help and advise!

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
  • >:|
« Reply #2366 on: April 07, 2010, 06:49:58 AM »
Do you have a Windows XP cd? You could try boot off that and go into the recovery console, once in the recovery console you can try doing the following:

chkdsk /r

This will try to fix any damaged files. And it's sometimes fixed this issue for me the in the past.

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2367 on: April 07, 2010, 06:57:08 PM »

chkdsk /r

Be carefull with already damaged disks, the retries on bad sectors might make the whole drive unusable.

If its just a 'logical error' the /r is no problem, if the drive keeps making hard clicking noises while it is trying to access one file be carefull!

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2368 on: April 21, 2010, 10:13:59 PM »
DOUBLE POST!  NEW AND UNRELATED TO THE PREVIOUS ONE!

I have a Western Digital WDTV Live HD media player.  One USB flash drive, Sansa Cruzer 8GB, doesn't seem to work on it.  whether it need to be formatted, install a certain software, or what, I dunno.  i'm hoping someone can hlep me.  I have another Sansa USB flash drive, 2GB, and it seem to work fine.

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #2369 on: May 04, 2010, 04:07:01 PM »
If I uninstall my Windows Live Mail program on my computer and re-install it again and sign in, will all my settings still be present? And will my e-mails and contacts still be there?

I'm asking because, for example, I have no choice but to wipe my hard drive clean, I don't want to risk losing all my e-mails (from Windows Live Mail). I'm also worried about a virus suddenly affecting my computer and I don't have the option to back-up or save anything, so it would of course be unexpected.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 04:34:02 PM by shadowstar »

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2370 on: May 05, 2010, 07:52:05 AM »
If I uninstall my Windows Live Mail program on my computer and re-install it again and sign in, will all my settings still be present? And will my e-mails and contacts still be there?
Isn't live-mail just a 'in the browser' toolbar version of Hotmail? Hotmail (=Live mail) is stored on servers e.g. outside your computer.
I actually had it installed once for a hotmail account, I removed/disabled the program my account and linked info is still accessable with IE. (I think I even have a SkyDrive somewhere??)

Just go to live.com (or hotmail.com) and login with your browser, everything should be there now already without you using the program.

Offline Rickker708

• Member+
« Reply #2371 on: May 07, 2010, 09:25:36 AM »
downloaded Kara's We're with you, and it plays on Itunes on my computer. When its on the Ipod, no luck.
it shows up but when clocking on it It just resets to the page before.  How do I get it to play on the Ipod?
Life is one time.

Offline Overmars

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2372 on: May 09, 2010, 05:45:47 AM »
I installed sound driver, but it's not work.
Window still show "No Audio Device".
I have serched google for solutions and tried them.
But none of them work for me.  :smhid

It's on board sound.
My mainbord is "P5QPL-AM" .

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2373 on: May 09, 2010, 08:59:16 AM »
I installed sound driver, but it's not work.

It's on board sound.
My mainbord is "P5QPL-AM" .
You should have received a CD with it, run the setup of it, the sound driver should install then.

Otherwise: download the driver from the ASUS support site: http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #2374 on: May 09, 2010, 09:07:13 AM »
Since it sounds like you've already tried it, I'll assume you already have the right drivers.

You may want to check your bios settings to make sure your on-board audio isn't disabled.
If that doesn't work, it would help to know what version of Windows you are running.
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline Overmars

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2375 on: May 17, 2010, 01:43:37 PM »

You should have received a CD with it, run the setup of it, the sound driver should install then.

Otherwise: download the driver from the ASUS support site: http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

I sure, I use the correct driver from the CD that come with mainboard.
I also downloaded from the web.
But it won't work.

Since it sounds like you've already tried it, I'll assume you already have the right drivers.

You may want to check your bios settings to make sure your on-board audio isn't disabled.
If that doesn't work, it would help to know what version of Windows you are running.
Bios is okay.
I used XP service pack 3 for now.

Offline Slack

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #2376 on: May 17, 2010, 05:35:13 PM »
I just looked up your board's specs, and your audio is a Realtek ALC887.

Here are the latest approved drivers for Windows XP: (released in Feb.)
http://www.realtek.cz/realtek-download.php?realtek=ALC887&system=1

Looking at the manual, the relevant bios setting is in:
Advanced>Chipset

After you recheck all of these things, check your Device Manager to make sure there aren't any devices with question marks.
If there are, one of them might be your missing audio device, which you can right-click>properties on to update/select a driver.

I know this might be kind of repetitive, but I really have no way of knowing exactly what you tried when you said "bios is okay".
Hope this works!
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline Overmars

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2377 on: May 19, 2010, 07:40:28 AM »
I just looked up your board's specs, and your audio is a Realtek ALC887.

Here are the latest approved drivers for Windows XP: (released in Feb.)
http://www.realtek.cz/realtek-download.php?realtek=ALC887&system=1

Looking at the manual, the relevant bios setting is in:
Advanced>Chipset

After you recheck all of these things, check your Device Manager to make sure there aren't any devices with question marks.
If there are, one of them might be your missing audio device, which you can right-click>properties on to update/select a driver.

I know this might be kind of repetitive, but I really have no way of knowing exactly what you tried when you said "bios is okay".
Hope this works!

Thank for your advice.  :w00t:
I'll try it.  :doh:
The driver in your link is "newer" version than I have.
May be it will work. (I hope  :nervous)

When I said "Bios is okay." , I mean it 's the same Settings since I brought it.
Forgot to said , but the sound was work before I formatted the drive and installed window again.
After I installed window , I installed driver but it won't work.

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #2378 on: May 19, 2010, 08:00:37 PM »
My headphones, only a month or so old, are making weird ticking noises when I'm wearing them but not playing any sound.

What's up?

Offline Slack

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #2379 on: May 20, 2010, 04:16:11 AM »
If your cell phone is nearby, it might be the electromagnetic interference.  Really it depends on what the ticking noise sounds like.
Sometimes I had my electric shaver next to my phone, and every so often it would turn on by itself.  Those cell signals can get pretty strong.

Other than that, maybe the problem is with the device your headphones are plugged into?
Have you tried to see if they make the same noise hooked up to something else?

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Dream - Get Over