JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hotei Tomoyasu - Chase!!!

Author Topic: [HK] The TVB Discussion Thread  (Read 59410 times)

Offline asdf654

Re: [HK] The TVB Discussion Thread
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2011, 11:07:48 AM »
the hooker in ghetto justice is hot
sharon chan

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2011, 10:03:23 AM »

welcome asdf654 to :hipheart:

not sure, think she was "undercover" ---still on episode 2 lol NO SPOILERS mmm Sharon loved her in a lot of dramas like that one with all those rich people.

beats Myolie's stiff sister:

Didn't know we had a TVB thread. Must say I haven't watched much local TV, probably only one or two TVB series this year. I'm already months behind on AKB and H!P stuff and 2 seasons behind jdramas.

But I was a TV freak when I grew up.
When I was like 4yo and we had one of those VCR recorders actually eject the tape from a platform that rose up the top, I turned a few minutes of the audio from Chow Yun Fat's The Smiling, Proud Wanderer to english babble. :D
Easy feat with 2 VCRs, but it's still a family mystery how I did it with only one. :lol:

A recent TVB series I did follow was 洪武三十二.
I'm a sucker for Wuxia dramas. That and the mix of royal bureaucracy and Kate Tsui going all mysterious temptress made it really enjoyable.

Yehamans. Of course we have a TVB Thread. If you want it you got it. Don't see a thread? MAKE ONE! That's the JPH!P Way. I'd make an ATV Thread but WHO THE FUCK WATCHES. YEEEEEECCCH :lol:

All my favorite actors are now superstars....

The current crop is aight...Myolie and Charmaine Sheh, but they gonna bounce it seems.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2011, 12:19:55 PM »
HILARIOUS!!! just happened upon this looking at discount shit on Yesasia. Angels and Devils 北斗雙雄 (1983) old School Chow and Tony! with Simon Yam to boot.

less gay cover:

Good ol 80s fashion

so much male bonding it HURTS

Something like Tony is a big time geek social worker while Chow Yun-fat is an over the top stuntman

and they cross paths of GANGSTADOM with Simon Yam.

and LMFAO!! WTH. Stephen Chow. Now I really gotta watch and recap.

get it here!!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2011, 10:41:01 AM »
Police Cadet 84. man this series is malebonding-TASTIC!! Here Tony Leung and Lau Ching-wan are police noobs making it to the top! Lau tells Tony the news he's gonna get promoted!

Of course there's the love triangles/squares/pentagons as everyone (including Tony's cousin) lusts for him

In the classic Tony adlibs, here he has a soup race with his buddy "Ho Jeah"

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2011, 10:01:30 AM »
SHIT THIS IS INTENSE!!! in a freak accident, Lau Ching Wan's Fit Low becomes a limp chick and Tony's Git Low is bent on guilt and redemption. Fit Low is like "Hey! Shoot yourself!" and he ditches his gf  (Carina Lau's character) because he can't live up to her standards.

Tony is so busy being a cop, he forgets about his gf Maggie Cheung. He ends up just wearing corny shirts.

In attempts to heal the relationship, they go to the beach but he ends up not saving this crackhead whore

There's even a Francis Ng cameo before he was big. He's the geek cop in the hat, while everyone freaks out with a armed crazy cop, Tony goes in and talks him out of it.

I remember seeing bits of 85 and it just ain't the same even with the Star Power of Chow Yun-fat and Simon Yam. Many levels of character being torn apart at the seams. So if you want 1985 (aka 新扎师兄续集) and 1988 (aka 新扎师兄 1988) cop it here! I TOLD HER A REPLY!!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2012, 04:33:35 AM »
Look who's back :lol:

Alex Man 萬梓良 is willing to support TVB even with low salary

The film YUEN HUNG (REWARD) yesterday held a production start ceremony. Attending actors included Alex Man Chi Leung, Fiona Sit Hoi Kei, Wen Chao, Sire Ma Choi and producer Paco Wong. Man Chi who has not shown his face in a long time was excited as he took pictures with people all over and had plenty to say.

Man Chi said that he has not made a Hong Kong film in a long time. This time he was very happy to make this comedy and even made Chapman To Man Jat his disciple. This time Paco invited him to return to Hong Kong to perform and they did not discuss salary. Man Chi currently still has a clothing business in the Mainland. It has already overcome the tough times and did not close, but he believed its business would unlikely go higher. Would he return to TVB? Man Chi said that no one asked him. Reporters said that TVB salary was low and could not afford him. He joked, "This is a little closer to reality! (TVB only offers HK$10,000 per episode!) Ha? So much?" Man Chi said that he and TVB had a deep relationship and money would not be an issue. If he was asked to return home he definitely would. "Money isn't a problem, because I have it."

With all the smiling he seemed to be excessively active. Man Chi still laughed and said, "I don't know why, after 50 I seem to be a kid again. Many people are asking me to make movies and commercials." Why did he give people the impression that he was a maniac? He said, "That's what people said! (You wrote big character posters!) That's my thing, it didn't affect others." Was he more easy going than before? Man Chi said, "I have always been, only people framed me and gave me this title. I don't have a magazine that I can strike back with." During the Lunar New Year, he will visit Europe with his wife and son.

Sit Hoi Kei in the film played Man Chi's daughter. After this collaboration, she finally understood Man Chi was called "Drama King" and even made him her idol. Fiona also praised Man Chi was a very thoughtful elder. After working on this film, he gave every actor a commemorative card. Earlier Man Chi even reminded her to lower her head during photo opportunities because she did not look good when she extended her neck. Earlier she and Khalil Fong Datong went shopping for glasses. Fiona said that they happened to finish work together and shared the same ride, so they went shopping together. She stressed that she and Datong were just friends.

Paco Wong said that this year he will make several movies. His company will also produce concerts. Reportedly Edmond Leung Hong Man's friends raised 4 million to free him from Golden Typhoon; Paco Wong said that was not true, but as a friend he definitely would support him.

Source: Takungpao, Mingpao, on.cc
Translated by: hktopten

You may have seen him in such epic shows like

Offline zaizai152

• ecchi
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2012, 10:59:39 PM »
I would love to watch TVB. Tony Leung is my idol

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2012, 03:40:30 AM »
^ me too. we have thread for him: http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=17698.60

This is a surprise? XD thanks to smartphones we have this XD

TVB newcomer Jenny Lau treated harshly by abusive Director

TVB newcomer Jenny Lau 劉蔚萱 is currently shooting new series Heart Road GPS. A few days ago, Jenny was shooting a scene where debt collectors were after her, she had to get a plastic bag shoved over her head, get pushed into the wall and get threatened with frogs. Because she couldn't meet Director Cheung Wing Ho's expectations, she had to re-film the scene several times and Director Cheung was being very forceful while teaching her how to do the scene. Jenny was so frightened she instantly started crying hard. Because of this, Director Cheung was accused of being abusive. Since the incident was exposed, Jenny did not wish to comment too much and just kept it all in. Yesterday both Jenny and Director Cheung were called back to meet TVB executives Au Wai Lam and Catherine Tsang. They were each asked to explain the whole incident in detail.

Source: ihktv.com / jaynestars.com

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2012, 07:44:01 AM »

TVB Calendar is BACK!!

so sexy whoever they are XD

Offline Assman

• aka 大光
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2013, 07:37:29 AM »
I FOUND HIM LMFAO

Gregory Charles Rivers aka 河國榮 Ho Kwok Wing

The Token TVB white guy holy shit, he done a lot. EVERY SINGLE SERIES. There would be a white guy TALKING IN FLUENT CANTO! Shit what a career he has done: http://hokwokwing.hk/

wow from like Canto Opera to movies and singing and more. DUDE Australian in a Hong Kong world

CLASSIC XD XD

JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hotei Tomoyasu - Chase!!!