JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Trademark - Sight

Author Topic: ::Voices of Angels:: [Chapter Twenty: The "Training" Room, Part II]  (Read 41925 times)

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
Voices of Angels
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2007, 12:57:56 PM »
I think telepathy belongs to the twins. :) They seem able to read each other perfectly already. XD

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline Ren

• ワーイε=ヾ(*・∀・)/
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I'm a girl!
Voices of Angels
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2007, 01:19:07 PM »
Um, what I meant is able to hear people's thoughts (erien communication XD) - sorry didn't find the correct word when I posted it. Might be suitable for a blind person XD.
Or dreaming of the future? Super hearing ability? XD

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
Voices of Angels
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2007, 01:48:36 PM »
I think super hearing ability might be a win. XD Although it might be difficult sometimes since she might hear things that she rather not hear about...XD

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
Voices of Angels
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2007, 05:55:57 PM »
that chapter rawked XD

Yay for Miki, Maki and Saki!

I'm curious now what Yossie and Aya's powers will be

Quote from: Ren
Does Sayumi have the power to kill people with her singing voice? *kidding*  

haha, that would be so cool XD
but if her screaming doesn't kill already...

Offline FeverInducedMadness

• Loser87's Fanfic Rival
  • Member+
  • Ai wo kudasai...
Voices of Angels
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2007, 04:02:27 AM »
I'll get to replying to everyone's comments in the morning.

Today has been very long and traumatic for me, and the only reason I'm posting this now is because I wrote in order to escape for a minute and siphon off all of my feelings into something productive.

I think it's a little shorter than the others, and it's probably just going to serve as crappy filler, so I'm sorry.

Please try to enjoy what I managed to eke out with my emotions running wild anyway.

Chapter Seven: Regroup

After Saki had taken care of the lizard, the clones continued on through the forest, together this time. Maki had been right. They needed each other in order to survive.

Especially if they were to encounter anything else like that.

The rain was beginning to let up a little bit, but it was getting darker outside, and everyone—even Maki and Ai, who should have been able to see well at night—was beginning to lag. Aika groaned inwardly as she heard Sayumi ask if they could stop for the thousandth time.

“Please, can we?” She whined, pleading to anyone who might listen, “I’m really tired…”

“Hey, Really Tired. I’m Miki. Do you think you could like, really, shut up?”

Maki growled a low warning, and glared back at the metal-armed female as if to tell her to behave herself. Miki might have answered the challenge, had Maasa not spoken up at this point from her position at the back of the group.

“Where on earth are we going, anyway? Who said something about finding a city?” She had taken up the burden of carrying the unconscious Hitomi under one arm, and was still supporting the injured Miyabi with the other. If that wasn’t enough, the gentle girl had also allowed the identical clones—whose names were Aibon and Nono, as Aika had overheard during their trek—to climb up onto her back, and they were both perched upon either of Maasa’s shoulders.

She didn’t seem to struggle with the weight at all, but she was growing weary of the downpour, and like everyone else, was finding it hard to see.

“Who knows if there even ARE any cities around? We’ve been walking for a while now, and there ain’t anything out here except trees, trees, and… oh! …no, wait, it’s just a tree.” Miki replied grumpily, dragging her feet through the muddy ground they had no choice but to navigate through.

“I wish we had just stayed in the cave…” Aika heard Koharu mumble from somewhere beside her. The winged girl had been miserable ever since they had watched the transmission from the scientist, and Aika couldn’t help but feel a little bit sorry for the girl.

But only a little bit.

The rest of them didn’t have the luxury of being able to shield themselves from the rain with angel-like wings, after all.

A startled yelp broke out from the front of the group, as Sayumi collided with a hard, rough surface and fell backwards into Miki, who promptly shoved her to the ground.

“What the hell is your problem, huh?”

“I hit something!” The poor girl squealed, taking the time to rub her nose, which had connected with the unknown object first and was now probably bruised.

Maki groped around in the darkness to try and find the obstacle that Sayumi had spoken of (but not before kicking Miki, who of course was just groping), and one of her clawed hands brushed against what felt like wood. She tapped on it gently, and to her surprise, the object gave way, sliding forward in the gloom with a rusty creak. She stepped back with realization.

“It’s a door… I think you might have found a house, Sayumi…”

This idea seemed to excite the other clones, who were good and ready to get out of the rain. Maki held them back at first, pulling Reina forward and nudging the girl inside so that she might literally shed some light on the situation.

A dim flame was ignited within the dwelling, and Reina’s eyes glowed as she scanned the inside of the house for any signs of life. But it appeared to be empty, devoid of everything but dusty, cobwebbed furniture. Though it was small, it would be enough to accommodate them for the night.

The exhausted group of girls filed into the place, welcoming it’s dryness and the warmth of the candles that Reina had found and was now lighting around the room. There was a single bed inside the house, and Maasa placed Hitomi on top of it so that the unconscious female might recover quicker from the blow she had taken.

They all helped to move the furniture out of the way, and everyone began to spread themselves out on the floor, ready for sleep. But the group Aika observed now was much different than what she had seen in the cave. They weren’t all pressed up against the walls, eyeing each other warily.

They were curled up beside each other, and some, like Maasa, who had apparently become the twins pet were even being used as pillows for those not as able to adjust to the day’s stressful events.

Miki was even tolerating Aya, although the other female was several feet away and lying with her back to the metal-armed girl.

Aika wasn’t sure, but for a moment she wondered if Miki actually wanted the other female to be closer.

Eri had fallen asleep the second she had curled up on the floor, and Mari was using her stomach as a pillow, lying perpendicular to the blind girl. The latter was babbling away in her sleep in a cute sort of way, and it caused a smile to tug at the corners of Aika’s lips. Koharu had made a cocoon of sorts out of her wings, and was the only one besides Maki (who was probably doing it in order to sleep rather than to be antisocial) who was sleeping a little ways away from the rest of the group.

Aika yawned, and was about to doze off herself, when she heard a quiet shiver somewhere near her. Risako was laying on her side, arms and legs drawn in to her body as though she were extremely cold. Her first reaction was just to ignore it, because she was supposed to be detached from her environment.

She observed the world around her.

She didn’t care to interact with it much.

But… perhaps if the girl didn’t look so miserable she would have been able to overlook it.

Maybe.

With a quiet sigh, she reached out and pulled the other closer to her, sliding her arms around Risako’s waist and entwining her own hands loosely there. The poor thing was chilled, and wet, and shaking all over, and she seemed to be already halfway asleep, as she didn’t respond to the contact.

But after a moment, she seemed to relax as Aika’s body heat warmed her up, and before long she had stopped shaking all together, able to sleep much more peacefully.

Aika smiled, and though her mind told her to let go and roll over back to her original position, she was content to stay right where she was. Besides, there was always the chance that if she moved the other girl would wake up or start her shivering again, and it would have be rather rude to do that, right?

Sleep soon claimed her anyway, making the decision for her.
-sig is undah construction because it needs to be pimped out-

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
Voices of Angels
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2007, 04:22:45 AM »
Awww...sweet scene. Hints of GAM, which makes me happy. XD And the twins being cute, even better. XD Maasa sure is nice. ^__^

And Aika and Risako at the end... <3 How adorable.

Filler or not, it was enjoyable. :)

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Voices of Angels
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2007, 04:31:16 AM »
Aika groaned inwardly as she heard Sayumi ask if they could stop for the thousandth time.

“Please, can we?” She whined, pleading to anyone who might listen, “I’m really tired…”

“Hey, Really Tired. I’m Miki. Do you think you could like, really, shut up?”

She had taken up the burden of carrying the unconscious Hitomi under one arm, and was still supporting the injured Miyabi with the other. If that wasn’t enough, the gentle girl had also allowed the identical clones—whose names were Aibon and Nono, as Aika had overheard during their trek—to climb up onto her back, and they were both perched upon either of Maasa’s shoulders.
Holy crap, it's Super Berryz! o_o

Maki groped around in the darkness to try and find the obstacle that Sayumi had spoken of (but not before kicking Miki, who of course was just groping)
:lol:

Miki was even tolerating Aya, although the other female was several feet away and lying with her back to the metal-armed girl.

Aika wasn’t sure, but for a moment she wondered if Miki actually wanted the other female to be closer.
Awwwwwwwwwwww...I think.

Wait, we don't know Aya's powers yet...:scratch

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
Voices of Angels
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2007, 05:31:08 AM »
*imagines the twins walking Puppy!Maasa* Lol, it's pretty cool to see that they warmed up to each other. Sorta.

Hope you feel better! I'll be waiting for the next installment patiently.

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
Voices of Angels
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2007, 06:08:36 AM »
Whoa! Captain Saki saves the troop with her powers! Who would have thought that a small girl such as her could generate that much energy.

Miki seems to be trying to lure Aya in with her 'reverse psychology'

Maasa as W's pet :MKlove2:

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline ziggurat

• sweetsplash heartbeat
  • Member+
Voices of Angels
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2007, 06:23:00 AM »
Hi FeverInducedMadness!

I'm glad that I discover this fanfic of yours earlier before it expands to a bunch of long chapters. All this thank to wordsworth that telling me you got something relevant to my interest :D

There is this fanart off Maasa that really fit for your fic lol. But I dare not to post it because it's awful. Momo and Risako both such a handful company :D I'm uneasy thinking of what Momo can do. The image of Yurina concentrating her power on the rock is revolving in my head lol. Captain saving the day really made me a happy boy ^_^

I really like this combination of humour and details of yours. Keep it up!

* ziggurat adds Voices of Angels into his fanfics' reading list.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 02:37:58 PM by ziggurat »

Jab <3 marimari <3 ChrNo~ your spirit shall live forever.. T_T || zgy@last.fm

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Voices of Angels
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2007, 06:37:13 AM »
Eri always starts out weak :ONwahaha: but i'm sure she's the strongest

This is 1 group of girls that will never appear in other fics so i'm going to sit back and enjoy your next few chapters :ONstuffed:

4th Pic of Eri courtesy of t-motion's gallery ~ Sangokushi Taisen anyone ? http://sangokutaisen.blogspot.com/ ~ Lame attempt at a personal blog ~

Offline iacus

• ecchi
  • Member+
Voices of Angels
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2007, 08:12:26 AM »
Quote from: Estrea;334579
Filler or not, it was enjoyable. :)

I support this statement wholeheartedly.

Quote from: FeverInducedMadness;334571
She observed the world around her.

She didn’t care to interact with it much.

And this right here just made me much more interested in Aika.

Offline Ren

• ワーイε=ヾ(*・∀・)/
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I'm a girl!
Voices of Angels
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2007, 11:53:31 AM »
but if her screaming doesn't kill already...
The fact that the lizard is still alive, means her screaming is not enough to kill people XD.

*imagines W on top of Maasa* :heart:
I am not a fan of Berryz but this image makes me heart Maasa!Pet so much XD.

Groping Miki FTW, and Reina as a lighter is also FTW XD. She is like, the group living lighter XD. Hints of GAM? Definitely yes :heart:.

I support this statement wholeheartedly.
Me too :D.

Quote from: Estrea;333993
I think super hearing ability might be a win. XD Although it might be difficult sometimes since she might hear things that she rather not hear about...XD
Like Miki/Aya secret night together? :D
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 11:58:35 AM by Ren »

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
Voices of Angels
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2007, 07:37:31 PM »
Miki just cracks me up!
nice chapter and  it didn't feel like a filler at all

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Prance. Do it. Now. N.O.W.
Voices of Angels
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2007, 09:01:30 PM »
Finally got around to reading it xD

I see this is one of those Survival of the Fittest kinda plots, or at least it seems to lead to it. Nonetheless, I would love to elaborate more, but I fear those rambles would be utterly useless and out of whack because the story is still young xD!

I look forward to the rest of everyone's powers~! <3

Now for my obligatory action! -gives you a hardhat to protect yourself from writer's blocks- Use it well! <3

<3

Offline FeverInducedMadness

• Loser87's Fanfic Rival
  • Member+
  • Ai wo kudasai...
Voices of Angels
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2007, 06:40:34 PM »
@Estrea: GAM love is wonderful. You can never have too much of it. And you can never have too much of the world's greatest duo, either. :heart: Maasa was actually going to be really badass at the beginning. Because when I was laying out the outline of the story and stuff, she was going to be the one with the metal arm. But then I scratched that idea, and I'm glad I did. It just works better for Miki. lol

@JFC: Aya has a rather... different sort of power. haha

@rmdmnwierd: I want to draw that image you've just given me. lol And thanks. I do feel a little better, but it'll take some time.

@wordsworth: It's the little ones that you have to watch out for. They'll kick your butt, no lie.

@ziggurat: -thanks wordsworth for spreadin' the news- lol. Momo's power fits her. In fact, it's already been speculated on, but the speculation was directed towards someone else. (Whoo~! I'm sneaky. haha) Captain's secretly a superhero. We all know it. :heart: Thanks for the encouragement. :)

@ferrar1: Oh, don't worry my friend. Eri will have her share of butt-kicking to do, let me assure you. And yes, please enjoy. (Or... I hope you do. haha I'll try really hard to make that happen.)

@iacus: Aika is a sneaky one. Like me. It's going to be hard to figure her out, mhm.

@Ren: Miki’s not Miki unless she’s touching someone else. Lol And had Reina not been so glad to get out of the rain, she probably would have torched Maki instead for shoving her inside.

@coachie: Thanks. I felt at first that I was just kind of shoving something out there, but I’m glad ya’ll liked what little bit I wrote.

@Yuuyami: Hopefully I’ll give you enough to ramble about pretty soon. I’m trying to be careful to hide things that people might try and pick up and speculate about. (And then blow their minds by showing them they’re wrong. Lol It’s fun.) –puts the hardhat on- Thank you very much for your comment and the hat~! <3

---------------

Wow, so many comments to catch up on. I’m sorry for my absence these past few days… My life was literally turned upside down Tuesday night by something that’s happened, and I’m just now starting to be able to cope with it. I don’t really want to talk about it, but I wanted to say that stuff’s just been going on, and that’s why I haven’t been around. But it’s starting to calm, so hopefully I’ll be able to return to some sort of state of normalcy soon.

Which means more writing from meeeeeee~!

Expect a lot over the next week, because I’ll probably have a little more time to write then, and you may even get another chapter today later on since I’m in a better mood today.

Enjoy!

---------------

Chapter Eight: The Second Day Begins

“Have you taken care of things yet?”

“Yes sir. The scientist has been eliminated.”

“And his little project? What of them?”

“They escaped the facility, sir. Apparently he had an accomplice, but we haven’t been able to locate him.”

“But the clones… you are aware of their position, yes?”

“Just a ways away from one of the Steam Districts, sir. We were able to determine where they were when we got a report that one of our Stalkers had suddenly become diseased. No normal human being would be able to kill such a beast, and the people don’t dare to cross the city boundaries into the forests, so it has to be the clones.”

“Very good. Start making preparations to dispatch the Three.”

“Right away, sir.”

---------------

Aika did not expect to wake up to a pair of chocolate brown eyes staring at her, and naturally she was startled, and she reacted quickly, rolling away and up into a crouched position, now fully alert. The owner of the eyes merely rolled them before stretching herself out with a sleepy yawn.

“Well, good morning to you too.” Risako whispered, trying not to wake any of the other, still sleeping clones up, “I was going to ask you how we got in such a position, but I didn’t think you were going to be that jumpy about it…”

The other female merely blinked at her for a moment, and as Aika was only halfway awake at the moment, it was taking her longer to remember what had happened.

“Oh… that. You were shivering and making a lot of noise, so I had to figure out some way to get you to stop… and… well… there you go.”

They just kind of stared at each other for a while, before Risako rolled her eyes again, turning over onto her other side and curling up in order to go back to sleep.

“You are so weird.”

Aika scowled indignantly at this, sitting back on the floor with a huff. So much for doing something nice…

Hey…

…wait a minute.

“And what about you? Were you watching me sleep or something? Just how long were you staring at me?” She hissed, but the other girl was either already resting again or just ignoring her. Aika grumbled, but she quickly forgot about it as Saki got her attention from where she was sitting in the room, trying to wave her closer.

The little leader had finally managed to pry herself free of Momoko, who had claimed Saki during the night as her own personal teddy bear, and appeared to be the only other girl awake.

“I’m going to go outside and look around. I heard voices near the window earlier this morning, so we might be close to a city like the others were talking about… do you want to come with me?”

Aika shrugged, and Saki took that as a yes, so the two of them maneuvered their way through the mass of bodies on the floor, slipping out of the little house.

---------------

The forest was less intimidating during the daytime, and Aika didn’t feel that same gripping sense of apprehension that had plagued her when she had first been walking through it. Perhaps this was due to the fact that if they were to be attacked, the girl she was walking with would be more than capable of handling the situation.

As they put some distance between themselves and the house, she began to notice that the trees were starting to thin out, until there were barely any around at all. Up ahead, Aika could make out the vague shapes of what she assumed to be other buildings.

And indeed they were; great, rusted, metal structures of varying heights that were lined up to form streets and alleyways for people to walk through. However, there wasn’t a single soul to be seen, and it was somewhat unnerving. Saki seemed to be wary of the sight as well, and she slowed to a halt, looking around.

“I have a feeling something bad happened here…” She said quietly, walking up to what appeared to be a large, square piece of metal that was being held up by two rusty poles that had been hammered deep into the earth. A makeshift sign, perhaps. There were words dug into the metal, and Saki ran her fingers along the grooves that made up the letters, unable to decipher them. The sign had been too weathered by the elements, and whatever had been written there was now obscured.

“It says Steam District Nine, Population: 10,000, under the reign of the Three.”

The duo turned to see that Risako had followed them, and Aika raised an eyebrow at the girl, frowning.

“How do you know?”

“Because I can see it.”

Saki blinked. “Well… I can see it too, but… all I see are slash marks. So… I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“No, I mean… I can see it like it used to be. When it was being made.”

“Is this like the thing with the lizard?” Aika questioned, after thinking for a minute and making the connection. The other girl’s eyes were glowing again after all, and that was the only way she could figure out how to explain the phenomenon. “Can you see into the past?”

Risako shook her head, eyes returning to normal.

“I think it’s more complicated than that… maybe more like seeing across time… forwards and back. But it’s not something that I can control yet. So far it’s just being triggered by random things…”

“I wonder what this means then… what’s a Steam District? And who are the Three?” The inquiry hung in the air after the little leader had voiced it, and it went unanswered, for soon the clones heard voices nearby. It sounded like a group of children playing, and Saki motioned for the other two to follow her, wanting to investigate.

They soon came upon a few young boys that couldn’t have been much older than ten or so, who were kicking around a ball in an alleyway between two of the buildings. All of them were wearing clothing of varying shades of brown, the fabric of which had probably seen a lot of wear and tear over the years. They were incredibly dirty, for even though the streets of the city were unpaved, the kids probably hadn’t taken a bath in a long time, given that they even knew what one was.

One of the boys spotted the clones as they approached, and he alerted his friends, who all turned around to stare at them warily. They started whispering amongst themselves, and Aika could barely pick up what was being said.

“Who the heck are THEY?”

“Look at what they’re wearin’…”

“D’you think it’s the Three?”

“I dunno, I’ve never seen ‘em before… Just heard stories…”

“Just keep quiet and do what they tell us to do. Maybe if we’re good they’ll just let us go and leave.”

The kids seemed to have reached a conclusion, and one of them stepped forward: a rough-looking kid who wore a grimy headband in a failed attempt to keep his unruly mane of hair out of his eyes. He was taller than the others, and was obviously the ringleader of his little group.

“We don’t want any trouble…” He started, and though he was trying to be tough, Aika could see that he was shaking a little bit. Saki just blinked at the kid, and would have said something like “We don’t want any trouble either,” had Risako not been using her brain and stepped forward to clap a hand over the little leader’s mouth.

“Good, then just answer the questions we ask of you and we’ll be on our way. Other wise, I’ll let her go and she’ll take care of you, got it?” Saki was wriggling within Risako’s grasp, and the kids eyed the small girl warily, as if they expected her to explode like a bomb if the taller female were to let go of her.

“We’ll tell you anything!”

“Where are we, then? And why aren’t there any people outside today?”

The boy with the headband blinked at her, confused. “Um… you guys rule over this district… shouldn’t you-”

“We rule over a LOT, kid, so stop being smart and just answer the question.” Aika snapped, playing along with Risako, who thanked her with a glance for taking care of the slip up.

“You’re in the Ninth Steam District, which is currently under probation as punishment from the great Lord Shizuka, and that’s why everybody’s inside, miss!” The boy’s words came out in a rush after Aika had spoken, as her harsh tone had convinced him that they weren’t playing around.

“Punishment for what?” Risako questioned, and when the kid was a little hesitant to answer, Aika stepped forward, causing him to cringe and speak rapidly once more.

“We didn’t make enough food this year to supply the other districts. The Ninth district is in charge of makin’ all the provisions for everyone else, and in return we get what we need, like clothes and steel, and stuff. We’re stuck inside everyday, and we’re only allowed to leave our houses at night and all our supplies have been shut off for a month.”

He was still trembling as he finished talking, in a ‘please don’t hurt me’ kind of way. Aika, Risako, and Saki all exchanged glances, and the little leader mumbled a muffled “That’s kind of extreme…” into Risako’s hand. Before any of the kids could pick up on it, though, Aika stepped forwards again and lifted the boy off of the ground by the collar of his shirt. Immediately she regretted it, because he smelled pretty bad, and was a lot heavier than she first thought, but she had to keep up the act nevertheless.

“So basically… you’ve overstepped the boundaries of your probation. But since you’ve been so helpful, I’ll let it slide, as long as you and your friends get back to your homes and don’t tell anyone of what you’ve seen… Otherwise…”

The boy’s eyes got wide, and Aika figured he was thinking of all the things that could come after that ‘otherwise’. She decided to let him use his imagination, and as soon as she set the kid down, he and his little group hightailed it out of sight, leaving a cloud of dust in their wake.

Risako had forgotten that she was still holding Saki, and it was only when she felt something wet brush against her hand that she squealed and released the little leader from her grasp.

“YOU LICKED ME!” She screeched, flailing a little bit while wearing a very disgusted expression on her face. Aika merely snickered, and Saki put her hands on her hips, glaring at the taller girl.

“Well it was either that or I was going to have to bite you. I figured I would be polite and give you a warning first. Why on earth did you feel the need to hold me captive anyway?”

“Because you were about to do something stupid.” A very offended Risako replied, wiping her hand frantically off on the leg of her suit. “Those kids thought we were the ones in charge of this place. The only reason they answered our questions was because they were afraid of us.”

“More like, afraid of me.” Aika countered, “You almost messed up for a second back there with that little slip-up.”

Risako rolled her eyes, and decided not to answer, both of which were starting to grate on Aika’s nerves. It was quiet for a moment, and though Saki had been watching the exchange with interest, she felt it was time to move on.

“Well… if you guys are quite done… we should probably get back to the others and tell them about what we found out, right?”

Both of the girls grudgingly agreed, and the trio began to walk silently back to the house.

---------------

When Maasa woke up, she was greeted with the sight of Nono and Aibon beating the crap out of each other, laughing their heads off. Or, that’s what it appeared to be at first… She sat up quickly, rubbing her eyes to try and clear her vision so she could better analyze the situation.

They were punching each other really hard, but each blow bounced off of their bodies harmlessly and left them to do it many times over with the same effect. Almost like…

Maasa let out a cry of alarm when the duo noticed that she was awake and promptly tackled her, pushing her flat on her back again. She stared up into two pairs of mischievous eyes, one pair flecked with pink, and the other with blue. That was the only way she had figured out how to tell them apart.

The pink, Nono, spoke first.

“Good morning, Maasa-chaaaan~!”*

Then the blue. Aibon.

“We figured out something cool.”
“Watch.”

And without warning, Nono slammed her fist really hard into the side of Aibon’s cheek. The twin receiving the blow didn’t even flinch, and her head didn’t recoil from the impact at all. It was like the other had merely poked her or something.

“I think we copied your power.”
“Actually, we’re pretty sure of it, really-”
“-since we already tried it on Maki, and well-”

Oh.

Maasa hadn’t quite noticed until this point that the duo was sporting little fluffy tails. It would have been cute if she had managed to sort the idea out of her bewilderment.

“-yeah, but it wears off.”
“We had fangs and everything-”
“And Nono wanted to show you-”
“But Aibon thought that it might freak you out so-”
“-we decided to wait until you woke up.”

“Well… um… thanks? I guess?” She replied, not really sure what to say after all of that.

“You’re welcome~!” They chimed, before going back to their roughhousing.

They have more energy in their pinky fingers than I have in my entire body…

She yawned, getting up in order to go check on the injured members of their group. Miyabi was still sleeping peacefully where she had been set down, her ankle much less swollen than it had been last night. Maasa was glad for this, but she was soon struck with panic as she realized that the bed Hitomi had been in was empty.

It was then that she also noticed that several other clones were missing from the house: the little one, the weird, quiet one that was always watching everything, the pretty one, the one with the wings, Miki, and the one that was annoying Miki.

Maybe they went to go check things out… Maasa thought to herself, slumping down onto the bed with a sigh.

The point of a group was to be a group.

Still…

I hope they’re okay.

---------------

She loved to watch them sleep.

So peaceful, so quiet… so deceitfully innocent they were.

Shizuka might have owned them, but the two of them were her faithful little pets in reality, and they wouldn’t lift a finger unless it was okay-ed by her.

They did his work on their own terms, and he couldn’t do a thing about it because they always carried out their jobs exactly the way he wanted every single time. Now, the amount of time they did it in was a different story, but with the results he got, he couldn’t really complain.

She smiled as the youngest yawned and rolled over slightly, and she stroked the girl’s hair gently.

It was then that the door to their cage was opened, and she didn’t even have to look up to know that one of his lackeys had come to summon them.

It would be the last thing the boy ever did.

“Shh…”

The sound came out as a quiet, dangerous hiss, before the messenger could even open his mouth to speak. She smirked, her fangs brushing slightly against her bottom lip.

“You wouldn’t want to wake them up…”

She continued to stroke the other girl’s hair, and the last thing that the boy would see before he died were two, paralyzing red orbs that sent a shiver down his spine.

Soon, his world turned to black.

-------------

*The twins will be the only ones with color-coded dialogue. Pink is Nono, Blue is Aibon, and the reddish color is both of them speaking at the same time.
-sig is undah construction because it needs to be pimped out-

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
Voices of Angels
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2007, 06:55:52 PM »
Ahahaha I love the twins!! Omg they're so cute! Haha! And their powers are awesome!

Nice intimidation technique with Risako and Aika, though Saki almost blew it at first. XD

Hmm this Shizuka person seems quite sadistic. Fascinating!

*waits patiently for you to reveal more* :)

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
Voices of Angels
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2007, 07:05:36 PM »
Risako has clairvoyance (I think) and W can absorb powers. Awesome! :ONcool1:

I can picture them hitting each other(under Maasa's power) with hammers and wrecking balls and they'll be laughing the whole time they're doing it :lol:

Clairvoyance seems to be the most frightening power IMO. Sure, you can see the winning numbers for the lottery but you can see what'll happen to you and your friends and there's always the dilemma of should I tell him/her that she'll end up/die this way, should I make up a story to give her hope so that he/she'll won't feel like it's going to be his/her last day alive? Things like that. It's more of a burden rather than a power. :ONdepressed:  

"Under the reign of The Three". Evil henchpersons of Shizuka I presume.

Before I forget: MOMOXSAKI!!! :MKlove2:

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
Voices of Angels
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2007, 12:07:48 AM »
“YOU LICKED ME!” She screeched, flailing a little bit while wearing a very disgusted expression on her face. Aika merely snickered, and Saki put her hands on her hips, glaring at the taller girl.

“Well it was either that or I was going to have to bite you. I figured I would be polite and give you a warning first. Why on earth did you feel the need to hold me captive anyway?”

A "warning lick" XD
that was so crazy/cute/adorable

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Voices of Angels
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2007, 02:49:38 AM »
I’m sorry for my absence these past few days… My life was literally turned upside down Tuesday night by something that’s happened, and I’m just now starting to be able to cope with it. I don’t really want to talk about it, but I wanted to say that stuff’s just been going on, and that’s why I haven’t been around. But it’s starting to calm, so hopefully I’ll be able to return to some sort of state of normalcy soon.
Don't worry yourself over not being able to update so often.  We'll still be here.

“Very good. Start making preparations to dispatch the Three.”

“Right away, sir.”
Dun dun duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun....

“We don’t want any trouble…” He started, and though he was trying to be tough, Aika could see that he was shaking a little bit. Saki just blinked at the kid, and would have said something like “We don’t want any trouble either,” had Risako not been using her brain and stepped forward to clap a hand over the little leader’s mouth.

“Good, then just answer the questions we ask of you and we’ll be on our way. Other wise, I’ll let her go and she’ll take care of you, got it?” Saki was wriggling within Risako’s grasp, and the kids eyed the small girl warily, as if they expected her to explode like a bomb if the taller female were to let go of her.
Smart move by da Socko. :thumbsup

Risako had forgotten that she was still holding Saki, and it was only when she felt something wet brush against her hand that she squealed and released the little leader from her grasp.

Strange, I always expected to hear something like this from Aya (saying it to Miki :P ).

“I think we copied your power.”
“Actually, we’re pretty sure of it, really-”
Ah, they're mimics.

She continued to stroke the other girl’s hair, and the last thing that the boy would see before he died were two, paralyzing red orbs that sent a shiver down his spine.

Soon, his world turned to black.
Sounds like Yuko.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Trademark - Sight