JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Chocolat - All Night Long

Author Topic: Another chance, Chapter 16 (august-12-2012)  (Read 11898 times)

Offline Koei

• ecchi
  • Member+
Another chance, Chapter 16 (august-12-2012)
« on: March 05, 2012, 02:00:32 AM »
Well...!!! This is my first long work!! I'm feeling a lot... really a lot...of different emotions. :) :( :cry: :? :D :bleed eyes: But hey...that's the point of writing no?

For those of you who don't know me: nice to meet you! I'm Koei!  :cow: I've left the farm for a while whilst I plant new seeds! But now I think I shall plant a tree.

Thank you for all your support and with the moderator's blessings I shall begin this new adventure that is fanfiction writing. (In the: longer than crack sense  XD) So don't hesitate to comment! And please forgive any mistakes! :bow:

And now I present to you: Another chance.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 0: My small plea

It has escaped me…
This opportunity to confess
those feelings you made me realize
I never thought I’d possessed.

It was blown away by the fleeing breeze
by situations I had no control of.
But something weird has come my way
and even though it may not be the best decision to make
I’m willing to try only for your sake.

Please look into my eyes.
Recognize that it’s me
my love for you hasn’t changed a bit
even if something so little is left of me.

I want to uncover the truth from all those lies
tell you that I’m alive
even if it’s not the way you imagine.
The fact that I’m here is truly the work of cosmic magic.

It hasn’t truly escaped me…
I’ve been given another opportunity to confess.
Now please pay attention
Because this may be the last chance I ever get.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The end!

It's short I know!!! But it is the prologue after all  :nervous

Thank you for reading!  :bow: :cow:
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 04:33:46 AM by Koei »

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
Re: Another chance
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 02:10:21 AM »
the last desperate attempt to say the words that shall melt from your tongue :lol:
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
Re: Another chance
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 03:30:28 AM »
Sounds quite intriguing. Do continue, please.

Offline Koei

• ecchi
  • Member+
Another chance, Chapter:1 (march-8-2012)
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 12:30:06 AM »
@Kurosawa87: you have no idea!
@rndmnweird: Thank you. I will try my best at it!

Chapter 1

**FLASH**

-“Hey!! You shouldn’t paint my portrait without me noticing! I must look crazy!”

-“Don’t worry sweetie. You know I’m not going to make you look bad… You’re beautiful! It’s impossible to do so! Hehe. This is going on my wall!”

-“Don’t you dare!”

-“Try me.”

-“Oh shut up and kiss me!”

**FLASH**

‘Woah… What was that?? I swear I just saw... but it couldn’t be…’

“Hey Riho-chan! Hurry up or we’re going to be late!” A girl called her before grabbing her hand and dragging her towards a wooden table that stood under the shade in the park. As they sat down, Riho brought out her cellphone to look at her reflection.

“Ne…Riho-chan… did you do something with your face? ...It looks… different.” Riho just looked at her friend and shook her head which in turn made her friend pout.

“I still don’t understand why you never answer my questions like a normal person even after all these years of knowing each other.”

“Heh, Kanon you know I sometimes forget my vocal chords work. I leave all the talking to you since you’re the expert.” Kanon lightly punched her best friend before laughing alongside her.

Their giggles were cut short by Kanon’s ringtone. “I’m sorry Riho-chan, let me take this for a second.”

Riho was left alone on the table for about 2 minutes as she saw Kanon begin to jog towards the other side of the park. ‘I wonder what happened when that flash came…That person… Who is it? She was talking to me but… I have no idea who she is…I…I couldn’t see her face…and I wasn’t the one who answered her…right?’ Riho’s thoughts where cut short as Kanon came back accompanied by someone.

“Riho-chan! This is my cousin Eri. The one I was telling you about the other day.” Riho respectfully bowed to the young woman who did the same.

“It’s nice to meet you Riho-chan. Sorry for making you wait… us turtles certainly are slow.” That small joke made Kanon laugh gleefully and Riho confused.

At Riho’s questioning stare, Kanon began to tell her the meaning of the joke. “Her name is Eri, Kamei Eri. And the Kame on her last name is the same one for turtle.”

As Eri began to laugh, Riho became embarrassed and began to stare at her feet. Eri, noticing the sudden change in Riho, put her hand on the girl’s shoulder prompting her to look at her face. She cautiously analyzed her features when suddenly her eyes widened and her mouth gaped.

A truly shocked expression began to fill her face as she looked at the girl. Riho didn’t quite understand what made the woman react that way but she instinctively shut her eyes and faced down.

“Eri-chan… are you ok?” Eri just shook her head and gently smiled to her cousin.

“Yes Kanon-chan, I’m fine. I just remembered I had somewhere to go. I’m sorry to leave you like this but I’ll take you both out tomorrow to eat some pastries together. It was nice to meet you Riho-chan…I hope we meet again.”

Hearing the woman’s footsteps further away from the table; Riho opened her eyes and sighed. Kanon just looked sad that her cousin had to leave so soon.

“Ne Riho, did you notice that Eri-chan was almost crying?” After asking she stared at her friend to look for an answer and what she saw surprised her even more.

“Riho, are you crying? What’s wrong?” Riho brushed her tears away with the palm of her hand as she suddenly stood up and began to run towards her house.

“Wait! Riho-chan! Hold up!” Kanon was left alone on the park as both her cousin and her best friend abruptly canceled their movie date.

‘Why is it that my heart hurts so much? The meaning of these tears… what is it? Who is she? How come when I looked into her eyes my heart began to crush?’

The small girl reached her home and, without even acknowledging her family, ran straight towards her room.  A couple of hours passed as she cried on her pillow before sleep overtook her small and exhausted figure onwards to dreamland.

‘Today I came back to the town where I grew up; this town I left a year ago. It still looks the same but… without you its… it’s… EMPTY.
Even after taking a picture of it I can’t seem to recognize anymore the vibrant colors that used to fill this canvas called home.
After a year I still can’t believe you’re gone, and after what I saw this afternoon I’m sure that it’ll be even harder to cope with you leaving me.
Surely I can’t say I’ve been alone all this time since she’s stuck by me ever since that day but… it’s not the same.
It’ll never be the same.
Since I know that my love for you won’t ever change I only have one request.
Let me see your eyes again; let me know what it was that you wanted to tell me that day.
Please let me know.
~Eri.’

Chapter 1 finished!! Thank you for reading!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 02:48:32 AM by Koei »

Offline sakura_drop_

• サクゲキと読んでください | Sakugeki to yonde kudasai~ | Please call me "Sakugeki"
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • YukoRena(Geki) & AtsuYuu shipping all the way! ♥♥♥
Re: Another chance, Chapter 1 (march-8-2012)
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 12:47:43 AM »
This is very interesting... So Eri and Riho had a past, but Riho left her for some reason...  :huhuh

I will be eagerly waiting for your another update..  :peace:
"人間みんな変態だから" - 古川愛李, SKE48 新高柳チームKII 「シアターの女神」千秋楽公演, 2014.04.18 <"Because all people are perverts." - Furukawa Airi, SKE48 New Takayanagi Team KII [Theater no Megami] Last Stage, 2014.04.18>

My Blog: J-Pop and K-Pop Abode   The list of my fics in JPH!P: My fics   Let's have fun here: Acchan48   My home and family: United Nations Society of Adorkable Writers

My KamiOshis: Yuuko-sama, Rena-sama  Oshimen: Yuihime Other favorites: Mirukii, Juri-tan, Ripopo

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2012, 02:46:25 AM »
ErixRiho?

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2012, 05:11:48 AM »
Interesting coupling :)
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline oddball

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Off in the woods........
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2012, 10:40:10 AM »
Eri and Riho, hmm interesting. was that love at first sight Riho was feeling too?

Offline Koei

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Another chance, Chapter 2 (march-13-2012)
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2012, 11:53:43 PM »
@sakura_drop_ " thanks for reading! This past is... secret!... I guess you'll have to continue reading!
@rndmnweird: Wait! Don't blow up yet!  :bow: I need to keep on enjoying some Takagaki randomness and weirdness!!! (no pun intended)
@Kurosawa87:The pairing is kind of different and well some will be like  :wth but well I hope I can get the message across  XD
@oddball: Thank you for reading. You'll understand the feeling more as the story progresses! So I hope you keep on reading and commenting!

Woah! So many replies! Arigato!  :bow: Fury burns in my eyes as I strive to write a story that makes lots of people feel many emotions all at once! Enjoy! And sorry for any possible mistakes!  :cow:

Chapter 2

**FLASH**

“Ne, isn’t’ this one beautiful?”

A girl just looked at the paintings hung on the wall. Truly she was ecstatic. It was her first time on an art gallery and surely this was the best valentines present she could have ever gotten. Her short hair bounced with every step she took towards the paintings.

“You know. My dream is to have my paintings hung in a gallery. Well…If I could own one… that would be nice as well but…I think I’m not suited for it.”

The girl kept looking at the paintings whilst commenting on them. Her body language was the true definition of ecstasy and peace; surely this was one of the best days in her life.

Suddenly she turned towards the direction that showcases the painting selected to be the rookie of the month. A spot reserved specially for the winning painting submitted by an unknown local artist to be presented at the gallery.

When she stopped in front of the designated spot she found that it was covered in a white blanket.

**FLASH**

A loud beeping sound woke Riho up and she noticed that; not only was she sweating profusely, but she was running late for school as well. Getting dressed as fast as she could she ran out of her house towards her school fearing that she would indeed get there late.

‘That dream… what was it? That girl… I couldn’t see her face but I could tell she was quite excited to be there at the gallery. I’ve never been in a gallery. It would be nice to go to one.’

Reaching her school the bell rang as she entered through the gates. “Yes! I’m not late… somewhat.” As she got to her classroom she saw her best friend sulking on her seat.

“Good morning Kanon-chan. What’s up? Why are you sulking?” Kanon’s spirit lightened up as she recognized her best friend’s presence.

“Morning Riho!!! It’s just that I kind of forgot to bring over your paintbrushes. I’m sorry!!” After blurting out the reason why she was sulking; Kanon put her hands together and bowed her head at her best friend. Riho just laughed at her friend’s reason for sulking and took from her bag a new box containing some paintbrushes.

“Silly Kanon, I always have two sets. The ones you borrowed were my spare ones. Don’t worry so much about it.”

Kanon began to jump up and down in sudden relief as she just received the news that she could live for another day.  Everyone knows just how important painting is to Riho, and how much she protects her materials.

“Surely you thought I was going to kill you. I can see it in your face.”

Kanon could only pout at the comment before remarking the only way she knew how:

“Well then… you’re right. I have no objections to that. But tell me; what did you do when you were overseas these past 3 years?”

Riho visibly stiffened as the question left her best friend’s lips. “Paint and… paint… and paint! Nothing else.” Kanon looked suspiciously at her friend but brushed it off since she knew that Riho was the kind of person that would leave the country for three years to simply paint.

Their homeroom teacher arrived and they settled down to listen to their lecture which in turn made Riho’s mind to run in overdrive before she fell asleep in class. Math was not her specialty… neither was history… and don’t even get started on literature. The bell rang and lunch began as Riho basically ran towards the roof of the school: her personal hideout when she wanted to be alone and away from her classmates.

The roof was decorated as Riho wanted it to be for the moment. She came weekly and decorated differently every week and lately she was fond of purple. Everything was purple. And even though she hasn’t liked the color before; right now to her it was the most beautiful of all the colors.

Taking out her paintbrushes and setting the canvas she bought: she closed her eyes to try and figure out what to paint. Then a sudden image flashed and she was staring straight at a person behind a canvas, fully concentrated in the painting that was being developed. The only detail she could recognize was a distinctive short brown hair which was blown away by the light breeze that blew on the rooftop.

Her heart ached a little bit and she decided to open her eyes. Riho found herself teary-eyed before noticing that the backdrop she saw when she closed her eyes before was the same one she’s seeing now that she has opened them: her school’s rooftop.

‘What is going on? That’s the girl from the gallery… right? She’s still on my mind even though I don’t know who she is…And this weird feeling in my heart, what is it?’

As she gazed towards the sky; a flash of light suddenly whitened Riho's vision.

**FLASH**

“Would you stop wiggling? Haha, I’m trying to make you look pretty here.”

The girl giggled behind her canvas as she continues painting a portrait of…

ME!

Wait, why is she?!

THUD!!!

**FLASH**

Chapter 1 Finished! Behold the power of the cliffhanger!!! Well... Until next time! Enjoy!

Offline sakura_drop_

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2012, 12:10:08 AM »
It's our turtle, I'm sure of it!!!

But it seams Riho lost her memories, huh?.. Poor Eri... And poor Riho.. but more Eri, as she seems to remember everything...

EDIT. After I read other comments... I just had to say this. For me, Eri and Riho is not that weird, as I love unusual couples (if anyone reads my works, they should know).
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 01:09:50 PM by sakura_drop_ »
"人間みんな変態だから" - 古川愛李, SKE48 新高柳チームKII 「シアターの女神」千秋楽公演, 2014.04.18 <"Because all people are perverts." - Furukawa Airi, SKE48 New Takayanagi Team KII [Theater no Megami] Last Stage, 2014.04.18>

My Blog: J-Pop and K-Pop Abode   The list of my fics in JPH!P: My fics   Let's have fun here: Acchan48   My home and family: United Nations Society of Adorkable Writers

My KamiOshis: Yuuko-sama, Rena-sama  Oshimen: Yuihime Other favorites: Mirukii, Juri-tan, Ripopo

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2012, 05:58:15 AM »
Riho has one of those memories that brings up the turtle but it seems weird at the moment XD
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2012, 10:16:22 AM »
I'm still getting over the RihoEri bit from the last part lol. It topped my most unexpected crack pairing list as soon as I thought about it. I'm quite interested in how you intend to work it out, though.

Offline Koei

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Another chance, Chapter 3 (march-17-2012)
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2012, 04:24:41 AM »
@sakura_drop_: crack couples are the best and yeah it's going to be a crazy ride for both of them and the others involved.
@Kurosawa87: I know it's still weird!! im trying to piece it all together. the plot is set it's the wording in the middle and the happenings that are troubling my short memory! But if I can find all the vocabulary to fill in the spots I'm sure that this will have a crazy  :shakeit: conclusion.
@rndmnweird: trust me when I first began to write out the characters I wasn't really thinking on the pairing itself... I was thinking about the character. haha! but in the end this crack pairing is well CRACK!

Gahh!! chapter 3! I feel like the story isn't advancing at all (in Word I mean.) And when the chapters progress the writing style somewhat changes!!! GOMENASAI!!!!!! MY memory can't possibly keep track of a single way of writing!!!  :bleed eyes: but I'm trying to keep the same style... truly!! I am!

Chapter 3

“Riho!!! Riho wake up!! Come on Riho! Please respond!” A slight groan could be heard as Riho found herself on a bed at the nurse’s office. Kanon was over her practically yelling her name. Riho slowly sat up and held her head. “Kanon-chan… you don’t have to yell. I’m fine… where am I?”

“If you’re fine then: why don’t you know where you are?!?!” Kanon shook her friend as her worried face begged for an answer. Instead of one: giggles could be heard on the room as Riho suddenly burst out laughing at her friend’s face. “Well, then how did I get here?”

Kanon just looked appalled at her friend’s behavior and slightly pouting she told her of their current location. “When I found you, you were on the floor surrounded by paint…It was scary…all that red paint…it resembled…”

As Kanon’s voice trembled a little, Riho became more serious and told her friend that she was all right and that she shouldn’t worry. ‘I just fainted? Then… why is she so worried?’

“Riho-chan… you kept saying: ‘I’m sorry’… did anything happen?” At Kanon’s sudden question Riho became confused since she didn’t know what her friend was talking about.

“Riho-chan… please tell me. Did something happen when you were overseas…?” Riho just looked at her friend and mustered up all her energy to tell her the same thing she did when previously asked. “I just painted Kanon-chan…that’s all I did.” ‘And as far as I’m concerned I haven’t done anything to feel sorry about…Have I?’  Kanon wasn’t really convinced but she still let it go and asked Riho how she felt as of now.

“Well… I’m pretty ok. How many minutes do we have until school ends?” Kanon looked at her watch and told her that they only had 10 minutes left of school. “I am great Kanon-chan! FANTASTIC!!! NOW LET’S GET SOME CIDER!” The girl’s giggles resounded in the room as they waited said 10 minutes and got out of school.

“Hey Riho, remember that our date with Eri is today and that she’s bringing her friend. If you don’t feel up for it; is ok, I can tell her.” Riho just stared incredulously at her friend who just told her that she could miss out on sweets and cider if she didn’t feel well. ‘I’m going to have to see her strange cousin again but…at least she will be with her friend so… CIDER!’ Kanon surely got the part of the message that indicated Riho’s will to go on that date. And as they both laughed, Kanon suddenly expressed a thought that was on her mind for a couple of minutes.

“Remember what I told you yesterday? That your face looked different? Well I’ve just noticed that what looks different is your eyes. They somehow look lighter and well… the way you look at things seems somewhat different.” Riho just tensed up as she brushed off the comment telling her that nothing is different with her eyes. “Yeah. I’m sure I may just be imagining it Riho-chan, don’t mind me.”

That evening Kanon and Riho were reaching Sweets Paradise in Shibuya Spaizanka for their sweet 90 minute sweets indulging buffet with Eri and her friend who were waiting for them at the entrance.

-“Hello, girls.” Eri said hello to her cousin and to Riho as she introduced her friend. “This is Takahashi Ai. She’s…”

-“Takahashi-sensei! I never got to thank you for taking care of Riho today!” Eri and Riho looked confused at Kanon’s sudden burst as she bowed to Ai who in turn laughed.

-“It’s ok Suzuki-san. It’s my job to take care of the student’s health alongside the school nurse.” Ai noticed the confused staring that Eri and Riho were giving them which prompted her to laugh.

-“Eri-chan, I’m the school nurse’s assistant at the girl’s school. It’s the job I told you about, the one I got a couple of months ago. Sayashi-san wasn’t feeling too well so she came to my office.” Both Eri and Riho understood the relationship Ai held with the three of them and soon after; they entered the place.

As they got in, the bustling atmosphere brought a sense of peace for the girls who immediately began to choose their respected sweets. Kanon and Eri were chattering excitedly as Riho and Ai concentrated on their sweet meal. Noticing her best friend’s strange attitude, Kanon decided to take a picture with them all together so that her friend may open up more to her dear cousin.

**FLASH**

-“I knew you weren’t the tough guy everyone says you are!! Look at how many sweets you got!”

-“Hey don’t blame me! I’m the choco-princess!”

-“Haha! You look like the choco-wizard to me! And that cream beard is charming!”

-“Ehh!! You’re kidding!”

-“Not really, here’s a mirror.”

-“Heh… sorry about that. You were right.”

-“I always am. Now let me paint a portrait of you like that!”

-“No way!”

**FLASH**

As Eri and Kanon looked at the picture they just took of their date, Riho began to think about the image that popped in her mind a few seconds ago. ‘What? I have been here before? But… who was that girl? And that cake I was eating… I haven’t even seen it before… If this is the same place as the one I just saw then… Is that cake still here?’

“Excuse me a second. I think I’ll get another piece.” Riho got out of the booth and walked over the buffet table that held countless pieces of cakes and pastries. ‘Let’s see. It’s white and has some chocolate pieces in it that look like pencil sharpenings… Wait! This looks like it!’

Riho thought it was strange that the plate where that specific cake was displayed had all pieces intact. ‘Does nobody like this cake?’ She wasn’t even sure why she saw it a couple of minutes ago but there was something nagging at her and telling her that she should try it so she brought it back to the table and joined the others.

“Sayashi-san! You’re back. Did you find what you were looking for?” Eri was the first one to speak at Riho’s presence when she got back since Kanon was too indulged in the whole piece of Mont Blanc that she stuffed into her mouth to do so. Riho simply nodded to what Eri had told her and quickly sat down putting the new piece of cake in front of her and getting ready to savor it. Ai looked at her side to see what Riho had just brought to the table and her eyes widened at the sight.

Riho picked up her small fork and put a piece of the cake in her mouth to relish its taste. To her surprise the cake was a mixture of sweetness and bitterness that prompted her to make a face when she had that first bite. Kanon snapped a picture at that exact time which portrayed Riho in her cake-testing-face-making face.

**FLASH**

-“You don’t need to make such a face! If you don’t like the cake then why do you pick it?”

-“Hey don’t scold me! Heh, this happens to be my favorite type of cake in the whole world!”

-“Really? It’s that good? Your face seems to tell otherwise. Let me have a bite!”

As the girl took the bite that was offered to her; she scrunched her face and tightly closed her fists. Laughter could be heard as the girl began to tear up over the taste.

-“ Nee.. How can you eat something so weird?”

-“It’s not weird! It’s tasty!”

-“But how can you call tasty something so bitter before it turns sweet?”

-“Because, it’s like life. Sweet and bitter all summed up into a special and unique treat.”

**FLASH**

-“Ne, Sayashi-san do you not like that cake?” Eri gently asked the girl who just looked at her treat and put another piece in her mouth before smiling.

-“This cake… it’s like life. Sweet and bitter.” At Riho’s words both Eri and Ai looked at each other shocked. Kanon noticed their gaze and asked if something had happened.

-“Nothing Kanon-chan, Ai-chan and I have to do something so we need to go.” Eri’s apologetic smile made Kanon pout a little before saying goodbye to her cousin and school nurse.

-“Riho-chan, can I taste that?” Both Kanon and Riho kept on eating since Eri and Ai basically paid for the whole thing. After that sweet humongous meal they went to their respective homes to rest.

Chapter 3 finished!! Until next time!! Please forgive any written mistakes!! And thank you for reading!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 02:49:27 AM by Koei »

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
Re: Another chance, Chapter 3 (march-17-2012)
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2012, 04:49:48 AM »
lots of flashbacks makes this story interesting but who doesn't like cake? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Koei

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Another chance, Chapter 4 (march-23-2012)
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2012, 02:13:55 AM »
@Kurosawa87: Hahahha I actually don't like cake!  XD thanks for reading!

Gaaaahhh!!!! It has been born!!! Finally!!! My brain's tired!! But here it is!!! Chapter 4!

Chapter 4:

Eri and Ai reached the latter’s apartment with Eri sobbing into Ai’s neck. Ai in turn tried to console her with all her might but to no avail. After a couple of minutes she suddenly got extremely mad.

-“Why is it that every damn thing reminds you of her?! Can’t you see that she’s dead and that she’ll never come back!?”

At Ai’s harsh words Eri began to cry harder since, even though it was tough accepting it, she was right. Noticing her tone; Ai gently caressed Eri’s hair as she softly spoke into her ear.

-“Eri-chan, I’m sorry. It’s just that seeing you this hurt pains me. Please stop putting the blame of what happened on yourself.”

Eri was slowly calming down at Ai’s gentle words. She then stood up and walked towards one of the windows in Ai’s apartment to enjoy the view as she began to materialize her thoughts.

-“That little girl… it’s the second time she reminds me of her… and it’s like she doesn’t even notice it.”

-“Eri… what do you mean the second time?”

Eri just looked at Ai and told her that she didn’t really know why Riho’s presence was similar. Ai got frustrated at her comment but hid it well in front of the suffering turtle. As she gestured towards the sofa; she welcomed Eri into her warm embrace and told her that she will wait for her suffering to be over, and that she’ll love her ‘till the end.

After Eri fell asleep on the couch; Ai went towards her bag and got out the files she had worked on that day. Her job description included organizing the profiles of all the students that visited the infirmary on that day. It was the training she needed to become the official school nurse once Iida-sensei retires. Sitting at her desk she began to read the profile that was at the very top.

Infirmary Visitor’s sheet:
Sayashi Riho. Born May 28, 1998. Grade 8, class 3.
Reasons for coming: Found unconscious on school roof. Woke up with no recollection of what happened and no symptoms that showed she was at any risk.’

At the sheet, Ai began to wonder the reason why she was at the school roof and why she fainted. This girl was giving her a bad vibe.

-“Hey what’s that?”

Eri suddenly asked the surprised Ai who was so immersed into her work that she didn’t notice her peering over her shoulder at the papers she was reading. Ai tried to hide the papers but to no avail since her friend took them and began reading aloud.

-“Wow Riho-chan fainted at the school’s roof? I thought that place was off limits?”

Ai looked at Eri astounded at the now relevant detail that she had skimmed through before.

-“It is, I heard that ever since the principal’s office found out yankiis threw stuff at people from there; she went berserk and banned everyone from using it.”

Eri remembered the fuming face of her principal when she reached the roof and began yelling at them.  Nakazawa- kōchō sure couldn’t believe sweet, adorable and pure Eri could be one of the misfits that were doing pranks on the school roof setting a bad example to all the young students at the prestigious ‘Morning Esko, the escalator school of the future today’ as vice director Abe used to say.

They all ran down the emergency ladder on the roof and got out of Nakazawa- kōchō’s wrath by a hair. She also remembered the sweet kiss she received after all that running, laughing and hiding.

After that thought Eri’s eyes began to water and she tried to conceal it telling Ai that she was going to sleep for the night.

-“I’ll see you later Ai-chan.”

As Eri turned towards the direction of her room; Ai surrounded her waist with her arms and brought her close enough so that she sat on her lap.

-“Don’t try to hide your pain when you’re in front of me. You know I don’t like it.”

Eri’s tears freely fell as she turned around and began to kiss Ai. It was a salty kiss, but Ai couldn’t care less as she deepened it and hugged her even tighter. Eri coupled Ai’s movements and both began to lose themselves in that fleeting feeling. But both their thoughts wandered around as they kissed each other.

‘Why is this little girl affecting her so much? Why does she remind her of you?’

‘If I kiss Ai, maybe I can forget you…She has loved me since before we were together and even now she still waits for me to get over you and go to her.’

**FLASH**

Loud sirens could be heard all around as white spots were the only thing that filled her vision.

-“It hurts…”

A sharp pain surged through her body as warm hands pressed onto the spots that hurt the most.

-“I know! But please stay with me! You’ll be ok, please be ok!”

Air was becoming harder to grasp as seconds passed. Now the loud sirens merged with the diminishing beating of a heart. White spots were becoming a white blanket as the pain around her body began to fade away.

-“There’s something I need to tell you… Please listen to me. *cough*”

Blood came out of her mouth as her body shook with every failed attempt to grab some air.

-“Please, please don’t talk. Reserve your energy. The ambulance will be here soon.”

-“No… please… listen to me.”

Her vision was beginning to grow dark as her heartbeat was getting louder and slower than ever. After that, everything became silent and her vision cleared enough to make out a face.

A face that was covered… covered in tears and blood. A face that was crying out of suffering and the last thing that was screamed could not be heard as her hearing and vision had gone far away. Darkness was the only thing left. All the pain gone, all life gone, and everything is always the same: NOTHINGNESS.

**FLASH**

It was the middle of the night when Riho suddenly woke up and ran towards her drawer to find a sketchpad. Every time Riho has a nightmare she gets out her sketchpad and begins to draw the most shocking part of it. Her parents used to think it was scary when she did that but, seeing as it calms Riho down after she draws her nightmares, they decided to leave a specific sketchpad for the nightmares alone inside her top draw.

She began to frantically sketch the image that was impregnated in her mind. As she continued to draw her heartbeat began to slow down and her hands began to go at a slower pace. She was calming down. She was breathing at ease as she was finishing her sketch. After she finished she put down her sketchpad and without looking at it she just went onwards to bed and try to grasp a ticket towards dreamland.

‘Ai is always so serious about work. I had to make her let go of those papers and go to sleep. Seriously she is the nurse’s assistant and she takes care of the student’s health… she should know better than to not take care of herself. I don’t want her to leave just like you did...maybe that’s why I worry so much about her health. She was concentrating on the first page of those papers a lot… that girl: Sayashi Riho. Why does she remind me so much of you? She was found on the school’s roof after she fainted. Remember when we used to go up there? You showed me the place after you saw me getting bullied. It was pretty plain though. And you told me to decorate it as you asked, because that was my fee for staying there at lunch so that I could escape all that bullying. Yeah, I remember. How can I forget?

I need to remember that you are gone and that I’ve got someone to love right here. Ai deserves it. She has also fought every bully that has come my way ever since I got to school. She was the one to tell me that it was ok to dream and to fulfill my wishes even if my parents didn’t approve. She has done a lot for me and the only fee she has asked for is my love and now that you’re gone, I can give it to her… Oh who am I kidding… of course I can’t. How long can I fool myself into thinking that I could ever love her over you?
~Eri’

Chapter 4 finished!!! Thank you for reading!  :cow:
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 02:50:01 AM by Koei »

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2012, 06:34:29 AM »
Seems I'm getting the title :lol:

Well the unconscious girl makes this story mysterious
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline sakura_drop_

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2012, 10:41:13 PM »
Ah... I wonder how will Riho remember everything...? IF she remembers..

Offline Koei

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Another chance, Chapter 5 (march-28-2012)
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2012, 10:57:22 PM »
@Kurosawa87: I hope so!!! The title pretty much gives away the point of the story!! As always thank you for your support!
@sakura_drop_ : Well it is titled 'Another Chance' so memories do have a big part in this story. Even as I re-read the story I find new things...am I'm writing it! So thank you for reading and for your support!

Everyone!! Thank you for reading! As always it's a pleasure to wirte and well truly inspiration lies everywhere no? So here it is! Chapter 5!

Chapter 5:

The following morning Riho was at school listening to the lecture. Her art teacher was giving instructions on the new project they had to make for the class.

“Ok, class. This new project is going to be hard, but please put your all in it.”

Riho kept on wondering what the project was going to be and her thoughts began to wander about as she went onwards to stare at the window. Through that glass she saw a small cat enjoying the gentle breeze that blew that calm morning. The cat kept on gazing towards the sky when suddenly it looked directly at Riho’s eyes.

**FLASH**

“Hehe, it’s funny how you can be so gentle with a kitten yet so rough with everyone else.”

The girl looked to her left where she had heard the voice and saw a girl carrying their lunch walking towards her. She then smiles as she acknowledges the girl.

“Hey. I found this little one with its tail stuck under a rock. I want to take him home with me but my mom won’t let me… I’m sure of it.”

“Yeah…my mom won’t either…but how about we take care of it together?”

“Ok…but you have to promise to take part of the responsibility and not leave everything to me alone! And watch him grow together no matter what... ”

She could hear a soft laughter coming from the girl and warmth crept up her cheeks.

**FLASH**

The loud ‘crack’ from a wooden ruler connecting with a wooden desk brought Riho out of her thoughts as her teacher glared at her. The teacher then proceeded to look at the direction Riho was staring at and saw the small cat peering curiously through the window. Riho then proceeded to look at the window again.

‘Is it really him?? But…he looks bigger now…It has to be him, look at his white paws and orange stripped body…it’s the same as the one I just saw…only bigger…’

“It seems little Rey likes you Sayashi-san.”

“Rey??”

“Yes… he was one of the student’s cats… he hasn’t come by this window for a long time…A year to be exact…”

Riho saw the teacher’s mood become gloomier and decided to change the subject to the project her teacher had previously explained which she didn’t really pay attention to.

“Sayashi-san please pay more attention in class. But nevertheless I shall repeat so everyone listen well.”

Riho took out her materials and decided to pay more attention to the lecture her teacher was re-giving to all of her students so that Riho could grasp the concept and so that any other student who got lost at the first explanation could grasp it as well.

The bell that signals the end of class and the beginning of lunch prompted Riho to go look for the strange cat that appeared whilst she was in class. Her search brought her to the roof and she didn’t even know the reason why her feet dragged her there. But she opened the door that lead to her own personal space on the rooftop as she felt deep in her heart that there she would find what she was searching for.

There lounging on her chair and staring at the light blue sky she saw the small cat.

“Rey?”

The cat looked at Riho surprised to have its named called. She came closer and began to pet his head which in turn made him purr. Riho picked him up and hugged him close to her as she sat down on her chair.

**FLASH**

“Hey! Let me paint a portrait of both of you!”

“What? But… umm… are you sure we can be in your portrait??”

“Yes! It’s going to be great practice!! Besides Fujimoto sensei asked us to paint animal portraits this class.”

**FLASH**

‘What? Fujimoto sensei?? Why is … how come that girl knows who Fujimoto sensei is??... This is weird.’

“Hey little guy. Do you know what is going on with me? Who is that girl…?”

Rey looked directly at Riho before snuggling close to her heart and purring in contentment. She kept on wondering who the girl she kept on seeing was and the reason why she is seeing her.

‘This all began the day I had that movie date with Kanon–chan and her weird turtle cousin…’

“You do know that Nakazawa-kōchō made this place off limits to any student right?”

At the sudden scolding, Riho turned towards the entrance and stared right into Takahashi Ai’s stern face. Riho just lowered her head after Ai’s words since she knew that Ai was correct and that she had taken possession of the banned rooftop to enjoy some time alone and paint.

“I…I do…I’m sorry sensei. I will take my stuff out…”

“Yes, you will. This place is dangerous Sayashi-san. You can fall of the roof, or faint like you did yesterday. Now, the bell will ring in five minutes so you can begin tomorrow.”

“Meow.”

Ai’s eyes widened at the sound that made her acknowledge the cat that was lying on Riho’s lap.

“Is… is that Rey?”

Riho looked queerly at the nurse’s assistant as she remembered that she was holding the cat. The kitten looked back at Ai and threateningly hissed at her.

“It’s ok. This is the school nurse’s assistant. There’s no need to hiss at her. Sensei, I’m sorry but… can you tell me more about Rey?”

“Eri shouldn’t see him…”

Ai’s muttering was heard by Riho whose ears perked up after hearing Kanon’s cousin mentioned.

“Kanon-chan’s cousin?? She knows who Rey is?”

Ai noticed that she said that aloud and Rey proceeded to jump from Riho’s lap and begin to walk towards Ai whilst hissing and showing his fangs at her. Riho stood up to try and stop him when the bell rang catching everyone’s attention. Rey looked back at Riho and bowed his head before running and jumping from the roof and out of sight. Ai was frozen in place and Riho just passed by her saying that she had to go back to class.

‘It’s weird… how come Rey was so nice and gentle to me but he almost attacked Takahashi sensei? And that Eri shouldn’t see him?? Why? Did something happen with Kanon’s cousin and him? I should ask her after school.’

Riho kept on thinking about that strange happening for the rest of the day. As the last bell rang, she waited for Kanon to walk home together.

“Ne, Kanon-chan… did Kamei-san ever have a cat?”

Kanon looked at Riho after the sudden question and began to slowly nod.

“Yes… I think she did… but I’m not too sure, how about we ask her then?”

“No it’s ok. It’s just a stupid question anyways.”

“Well if you want to know; ask her today because she’s at my house.”

Riho looked at Kanon and tried to decide whether she should go and ask or keep to herself the question since Ai looked pretty disturbed when she said that Eri shouldn’t see him.

“Nah, it’s ok. I have to go and start a project Fujimoto sensei gave us. I’ll see you later.”

As Riho got home, she took out her art notes and began to think about the expressions both her teacher and school nurse held as they saw the cat that day.

‘Why is it that this cat brings people such sadness and shock?? How come Kamei-san is involved with this all??’

Riho then went onwards to her house whilst thinking about everything that was happening all around her.

Kanon entered her house and was greeted by her smiling cousin who had food already served for them to eat and watch a movie.

“Eri-chan, are you going to go by the school soon?”

Eri looked quizzically at her cousin and deeply sighed before nodding. She wasn’t really sure if she was ready to go back to school again but since she was asked to by her favorite teacher she had decided to go.

“I haven’t been back since graduation… even though it’s been only a year…”

“Haha Eri-chan you talk as if it has been 50 years! Come on! You’ll be ok!”

After Kanon’s encouraging words; Eri smiled and they both enjoyed their movie until Kanon fell asleep. Eri then went onwards to her own apartment she shared with Ai and upon entering she saw that Ai was pacing around the room seemingly in deep thought.

“Ai-chan…I’m home.”

“Eh…Eri… welcome home. How…I thought you weren’t coming today…?”

Eri looked suspiciously at Ai’s nervousness and asked her if there was a reason why Ai had thought that she wasn’t coming home that day.

“No, I mean that…I thought you were going to stay at your aunt’s house today…”

“Well…I prefer to be here at home, by your side.”

Ai’s expression softened and a slight red tint colored her cheeks as her mind processed the meaning of Eri’s words. Eri smiled at her and went onwards to kiss her when suddenly her attention was brought to the laptop that was sitting on top of the coffee table which had a page up about how to keep cats out of places without hurting them.

“Ai-chan… is there a cat nearby that you need to take care of?

“Eh? No umm… it’s for a friend! She’s got a pesky cat the likes to dig up her flowers and she asked me if I knew of a way to keep that cat out of her flowers without hurting him.”

Eri nodded at Ai’s explanation and stood in her embrace relishing the warmth she gave her before passionately kissing her. After that she led her to the room where clothing began to be discarded as both parties began to explore each other; one with the utmost feelings of love and possession, the other with the intention to forget everything that tied her to the past and proceed to move forward with someone new.

After the act, Ai was exhausted and fell asleep. Eri in turn got out her journal and began to write.

‘Soon I’ll have to go back to the place where we first met. There’s someone I need to see there. I wonder if he’s ok…I don’t have the courage to ask Ai-chan… But something tells me that he’s fine. He was yours and well…just like you did before…he can take care of himself. Maybe going back will bring this chapter to a close…maybe by going back I can forget you once and for all.’

A soft ‘clack’ diverted Eri’s attention from her journal to the window which prompted her to walk towards it. When she opened it a small collar with a skull tag fell on the windowsill.

That's it for Chapter 5! Until next time!  :cow:

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
Re: Another chance, Chapter 5 (march-28-2012)
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2012, 07:05:10 AM »
Rey the cat is very awesome and Riho's connection is surreal :thumbsup
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Koei

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Another chance, Chapter 6 (april-3-2012) 1 month special!!!
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2012, 02:05:29 AM »
@Kurosawa87: Lol, he truly is awesome and very important! As always thank you for reading!!!
@ the little thankers over there at the bottom of every post: Thank you for reading!!! Even if it doesn't look like much a simple thank you is very important !!!!! It gives me the strength to keep on going!!! DETERMINED FACE: ON!
@ All the lurkers (registered and unregistered): thank you for reading!!! You also deserve a thank you since I know that you're out there!! even if you wish to hide!!!

Well then after all the thank you's and regards of course this is a celebratory post!!!! Another Chance turns 1 month in a litle while!!! This is my baby right here and of course it deserves a celebration :cow: !!! Mmm, what to say about this chapter?? It has a lot of conversation [gomene for those who get lost in conversations as well as those who don't really like it!!  :bow:] but every little piece of information is important for the development of the story!! So to celebrate let's keep up with the story (after my little celebration speech XD):

Here it is:

Chapter 6

Two weeks had passed without any incident or strange images flashing in Riho’s mind but she still couldn’t decide what to do for her art project. Whilst sitting in class, Riho kept on staring at everyone’s selection for a project and she dejectedly sighed. At that moment her teacher came back to the classroom and behind her walked Kamei Eri.

“Ok class, settle down for a moment.”

Riho’s eyes widened at the sight of Eri and when Eri saw Riho on the classroom she just smiled at her and kept on looking at the whole class who was excited at the new and gorgeous young woman that just got in.

“This is one of the best art students this school has had. She graduated last year and as of today she is a university student. Please give a warm welcome to Kamei Eri who will be helping you all with this project. Remember that this is the last project of the year and you have about three months to complete it. Everyone who still doesn’t have a theme for the project please ask Kamei-san, I’m sure she’ll be of big help.”

Everyone began to murmur after their teacher’s instruction as Eri began to introduce herself.

“Hello, my name is Kamei Eri. I’ll try to help you with this project with everything I’ve got. Please don’t hesitate to ask.”

The murmurs grew louder and suddenly someone whistled which in turn made Fujimoto sensei throw the glare at the whole classroom which shut them up immediately and made them all sit straight including Eri; who sat on the desk with her eyes wide open and her mouth agape.

“Look…even she gets scared of the glare…”

The whispers didn’t go unheard by Fujimoto sensei who turned back and saw Eri as scared as she was when she was still her student a year ago and received the infamous glare alongside her classmates. She began to cackle at the sight and patted Eri’s head before signaling to her students to show the young woman how they were doing with their projects.

All of them began to crowd over Eri excitedly showing her their initial sketches and smiling every time she praised them. Fujimoto sensei noticed that one student was missing from the juvenile avalanche which made her walk towards the seat that was closest to the window.

“Sayashi-san are you okay?”

Riho looked at her teacher after her gentle voice had inquired and nodded her answer.

“How come you’re not showing your project to Kamei-san?”

Riho looked at her teacher and sighed as she stared uncomfortably at the agglomeration of students.

“I don’t really like to be stuck between so many people. Even though Kamei-san is enjoying it.”

“Haha! Yeah, she’s always been like that. But then, how about you show me how you’re going with your project?”

“I still don’t know what to do sensei…I…I’m stuck…”

“What do you mean? You are the best in school. Your work is almost the same as Kamei-san’s when she was your age…”

“I’m sorry sensei…”

“No Sayashi-san. Don’t worry; maybe you’re hitting a block in your life. It’s ok, but if you need some inspiration; please ask Kamei. I’m sure she’ll be happy to help you.”

The bell rang and everybody sighed as they left their classroom to go to lunch. Riho went onwards to the roof with a bottle of cider in her hand when she suddenly remembered that after her encounter with Takahashi she had taken everything out of there.

*Meow*

Looking to her side at the direction where the noise had come; Riho saw Rey meowing and signaling her to follow him. Puzzled, she didn’t really know if she should do that crazy feat of following him but seeing as Rey kept on insisting she just went onwards and put her trust on the cat.

‘Why are you making my heart pound…? We’ve never met before yet this feeling of trust I have in you is so familiar…’

As Rey suddenly stopped, Riho noticed that she was a couple of feet behind Eri. She was sitting under the shade of a tree in the school’s courtyard looking at some sketchbooks the students had left her after the bell rang. Rey was looking intently at Riho who in turn wondered why he had brought her there.

‘She looks at peace looking at those sketches. Why did you bring me here Rey? Was she your previous owner? Should I tell her I found you?’

**FLASH**

‘She should be somewhere near here. I know it. I haven’t seen her ever since crazy Nakazawa banned everyone from the roof.’

The girl kept on staring straight and saw the back of a girl with a short brown hair sobbing into her arms as she sat alone under the trees at the courtyard. She then began to get worried and decided to go and find out what had happened when suddenly she felt a hand take her shoulder and roughly turn her around.

“Don’t even think so.”

**FLASH**

Somebody bumped into Riho making her drop her cider to the floor and she saw how Eri stood up to stretch her tired body when she looked Riho’s way and found her staring at her intently.

“Umm…Sayashi-san? Are you ok?”

Eri’s voice brought Riho out of her thoughts and her eyes widened when she noticed what she was doing.

‘Dang it…was I staring at her?’

Riho nodded at Eri’s statement and she saw how she kept getting closer to her which prompted her to freeze in the same spot.

“Is there something you need to tell me? I heard from Fujimoto-sensei that you still don’t have anything for your project ready. Were you looking for me to ask for help?”

‘No…Rey brought me here.’

“I see… well... if you need me you know where to find me. I’ll go now.”

Eri turned around to leave Riho alone and go for a walk when suddenly.

“I…I…”

“Yes?”

When Riho tried to voice out her first words Eri reached back to stand in front of her and listen to what the girl was trying to say. But no words would form in Riho’s mind as her heart began to pound at the sight of Kamei Eri under the shades of the school’s trees with her hair gently ruffled by the soft wind that seemed to blow every day that season.

‘Why is my heart pounding so much? What are these feelings?’

Eri’s smile never left her face as she awaited an answer from Riho. Without another word she just took the girl’s hand and began to jog towards a place she knew Riho would feel more comfortable talking. Riho was being dragged away by the not-so-slow turtle and soon enough she noticed that they were standing in front of the door that leads them to the school’s roof.

“I bet you’ll talk if it’s here.”

“But… but…”

Without listening to Riho’s small objection; Eri opened the door and pushed the girl in following her close behind.

“A little bird told me that you like to come at this place a lot.”

‘That Takahashi… she revealed my secret spot just like that…’

“Haha, I’m sorry. I didn’t really mean to look into Ai-chan’s papers and read that you were found here that day. She didn’t quite reveal your secret place…I just sort of found out…”

Eri softly giggled and Riho’s eyes widened since her thoughts had basically been read by the girl that stood before her. She lowered her head to hide a small smile that began to spread on her lips as well as the soft red color that was rising up her cheeks. She gathered enough courage to ask Eri the question that was pestering her mind at that moment.

“Umm…how did you know that after you told me that a little bird had told you that I liked this…umm?”

“Haha! Riho-chan! Calm down it’s only us here! You mean to ask how I knew you were thinking of Ai after I said that. Right?”

Riho nodded her head as she broadly smiled since she was glad that somebody understood her limited use of vocabulary without having her explain what it was she meant to say. At seeing Riho’s face Eri just began to giggle aloud as gust of wind ruffled her long curls. The shining sun met with the necklace that hung gracefully over the middle of her chest and it glistened with its light.

**FLASH**

“Here… umm… this… you should have it… we… umm… Yeah…”

The girl handed over a small orange box to the other’s hand as she saw how her soft hands opened it and revealed its contents.

“You mean to say that this is a symbol of us three?”

Nodding, the girl smiled as she saw her friend turn her back towards her and ask her to put it on.

“You know, this means we are going to stay together… and well… you can’t leave us alone. And you won’t take anybody away!”

“Hahaha!! You mean that I won’t be taken away by anybody.”

The girl bashfully smiled as she was once again corrected by the other.

“I think you’ll get better at speaking and expressing yourself if you just try it out and practice Riho.”

“Yeah…Wait…what?!”

**FLASH**

Riho shook her head as she realized that she had gone yet again into another vision and Eri was looking worriedly at her at the moment.

“I’m sorry…can you repeat what you just said?”

Eri curiously looked at Riho because of her sudden eloquence and repeated yet again what she had just said.

“I said that I think we’re a lot alike since we both paint and love this spot over at the roof…but the way you talk reminds me of someone I once knew.”

Eri began to tear up as Riho saw though the turtle’s eyes how her mind began to fill up with painful memories that were incomprehensible to Riho’s young mind. Eri noticed Riho’s staring and quickly changed the direction this conversation was taking and began to ask Riho about her art.

‘What happened to this girl… why did my heart break when her eyes became griefful…'

That's it for Chapter 6 !!! Thank you for reading!!!  :bow:

BTW there's somebody I miss!!  :( rndmnweird-sama!!!!! doko desuka ?!?!?!!?!? I think the crackitty of this pairing scared you off!! Gome~ !!!  :sweatdrop:

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Chocolat - All Night Long