JPHiP Radio (12/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hyde - The Cape of Storms

Author Topic: Official NHL Thread  (Read 550837 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: Official NHL Thread
« Reply #800 on: December 06, 2007, 07:09:58 AM »
^ Just to give props to the army guys. Like you know, they keep the peace and die for us lol

SHiiiiit. Crosby-mania rolled into town. AKA Georges Laraque Day. Dude played a good 12 minutes not bad. Props that he started the game too. Great gesture. Too bad TSN decided to film only Crosby. Not that I hate the guy, but SHIT. Enough already. Horcoff played DAMN WELL. And Pitkanen was just everywhere.

In the end --- fuck. Oilers tried to play a trap after going up 2-0 and FAILED.  :banghead: Roli had no chance on those turnovers. 19 seconds = 2 goals? FUUUCK!!!

Now onto HNIC and more Crosby on a stick.

Congrats to the Sens for snapping their SEVEN GAME LOSING STREAK!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #801 on: December 07, 2007, 07:14:22 AM »

Guess who's back? Looks like his buddy Selanne can't be far behind.

Hope Gator can control dem Flyers. Another guy suspended? Steve Downie being called up!?

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #802 on: December 13, 2007, 08:39:27 PM »
OILERS SOLD!

Rexall Owner Daryl Katz has acquired the Edmonton Oilers from the EIG.

Look for new arena, new free agents?!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #803 on: December 14, 2007, 07:21:22 AM »

Oilers do it in the shoot out again 4-3 over the league's best Red Wings!! 9-1 now. WTF. Pitkanen splitting the D? Roli stopping 39 shots, way to bounce back. Hemsky and Horcoff is just on FIYAAHHH.

That was almost as good as just going into a barnburner (or instant suicide) with Dallas.

Two good goalies - it can only get better. 500 is just around the corner!

Too bad about Luongo - Sanford is stepping in just fine. That bitch is an Oil stopper (see St. Louis past few) FUCK THAT. SATURDAY HNIC!!  :muffin:

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #804 on: December 14, 2007, 08:07:00 AM »
sanford licks dude, lost twice in the row -.-

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #805 on: December 16, 2007, 08:35:14 PM »
^ That's the only way I can get you to post. He wasn't too bad last nite. :P

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLL!!!! OILERS BEAT CANUCKS!!

In a shoot out again! 10-1 baby! Pisani whatta goal. Gotta give him props for coming back from colitis - anchoring the 2nd line with the kids. Getting on a lil roll baby! LMAO @ MacT "We are a 2 goalie system!" Can't go wrong. Oilers finally at 500.

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #806 on: December 16, 2007, 08:37:44 PM »
we're prolly the second worst shooutout team other than thee Maples...half of our players just shot the puck yesterday and didnt deke

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #807 on: December 19, 2007, 08:03:22 AM »

NOOOOOOOOOO!! Oilers finally lose in the shoot out.  Roli played superb but you gotta fuckin capitalize. So much OT, think they set a record.

Turco & Modano are just Oiler killers  :banghead:

Listened to Mark Messier interview today - he fully endorses Daryl Katz, calling him a hardcore Oilers fan. And that the game nowadays, they over analyze the big hits. ... but Chris Simon is still a twisted fucker.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #808 on: December 24, 2007, 12:04:35 PM »

Tough loss. Another one where they let the other team run around. First it was New Jersey on Friday, then they blow a 2-1 lead. Garon made some epic saves and Penner had the illest break ever, having a chump all over him. Team toughness? Whatever.

Hope Hemsky won't be out too long, fuckin Lapointe knee on knee :/

Congrats to Georges for getting the game winner tonite. his 2nd goal of the season lol. Look for him on New Year Day in that over-hyped outdoor game. Fuckin Buffalo wanna beat Edmonton's outdoor attendance record. BITERS! Nothing beats the Heritage Classic!
http://www.oilersheritage.com/history/transformation_events_hertiage_classic.html

Look at Stortini getting beat up again. I miss Georges.  :cry:
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 12:05:22 PM by daigong »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #809 on: December 28, 2007, 12:30:31 PM »
D'oh. Oilers got outshot pretty early. Garon kept em in it but damn - got bit by the late goal. Now that's 4 losses in a row.

Man, Ducks are on a ROLL with Scott Niedermyer back. Who knew? 70% effective and he's still the #1 defencemen in the league. And fuck, I didn't know Doug Weight is in Anaheim. I been out of it, thanks holidays!

AND WHOA. What's this about Luongo getting his ass handed to him? Fuckin Calgary.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #810 on: December 30, 2007, 10:49:47 AM »
D'oh x 2

Joni Pitkanen got CRUSHED into the boards. Oilers blew a 4-1 lead and lost 5-4 in OT to the Wild. At least Stoll scored. Good to see Captain Ethan Moreau back, making an instant impact - setting up Coglianos goal.

And who's watching the IIHF World Junior championship? DOH!! Sweden scored late and ended Canada's win streak. Undefeated since 2004!!! I thought it was the finals too. Goes to show how patriotic I am lol

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #811 on: January 01, 2008, 12:33:37 AM »
Six straight losses. Fuckin Nash with the hat trick :/

Columbus wins it over the Oilers 4-2. Chopper got 2 points, goal and an assist. 2007 has been SHIT to finish.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #812 on: January 09, 2008, 05:11:45 AM »
How bout that outdoor game? Buffalo fuckin biters. "Winter classic" pssssssh. Good ending tho. Way to go Conks! Fuckin 4 game? 6 game? win streak! Georges Laraque talking about the game, and the Oilers ownership issues:
<insert file here>

OILERS SWEEP NEW YORK!!

Game was pretty intense. They called a last second penalty on Pitkkanen and fuckin Drury scored but Garon STONED JAGR in the shootout!

CHOPPPER knocking heads off! Oilers shut out Isles 4-0. LMAO when Comrie took a penalty with less than a minute to go, they played Hilary Duff. And Pittkanen was like standing there WTF when DiPietro knocked the puck in midair. PWND!

It's the Oilers autograph session this sat weeee. I'm gonna get Garon's, Sourray, Pittkanen. Roloson since he might get traded lol
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 05:39:55 AM by daigong »

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #813 on: January 09, 2008, 05:50:56 AM »
Get me hemsky's and mail it!

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #814 on: January 11, 2008, 01:02:53 PM »
Washington Capitals Sign Alex Ovechkin to New 13-Year Contract

ARLINGTON, Va. – The Washington Capitals have signed left wing Alex Ovechkin to a new 13-year contract, vice president and general manager George McPhee announced today. Ovechkin – the NHL’s leading goal scorer in the three years since he entered the league and the only player in more than a half-century to be named to the NHL First All-Star Team in his first two full seasons – is under contract through the 2020-21 season.

“Alex is the cornerstone of our franchise, and I fully believe that he will help us achieve our ultimate goal of being a Stanley Cup team,” chairman and majority owner Ted Leonsis said. “Like all Caps fans, I look forward to coming to Verizon Center or turning on the TV each night and seeing what he will do next, and I am sure we will continue to be amazed at what we see for years to come.”

A 22-year-old native of Moscow, Russia, Ovechkin has led the Capitals in goals and points in each of his three seasons with the team. He reached 100 career points in 77 games and 100 career goals in 167 games, both the fastest of any active player. Ovechkin is the first Capital since Dale Hunter (1987-90) to record 50-plus points in each of his first three seasons with the team and the fourth Capital all-time to record three straight 30-goal seasons. He already stands 16th in club history with 130 career goals and 25th with 250 career points in 206 games.

“My dream was always to play in the NHL, and Washington is my second home,” Ovechkin said. “I appreciate all that the team has done for me. I love my teammates, the coaches, management and owners, and I love being a Washington Capital. The fans here have been great to me. I want to win, and I want to bring the Stanley Cup to Washington.”

Ovechkin was the Capitals’ first choice, first overall, in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft. He joined the team in 2005-06 and was the landslide winner of the NHL’s Calder Trophy that season as the league’s rookie of the year, earning 124 of a possible 129 first-place votes. He was a member of the NHL First All-Star Team as a rookie and again in 2006-07, becoming the first player since Detroit Red Wings goaltender Terry Sawchuk in 1950-51 and 1951-52 to earn first-team honors in each of his first two full seasons in the league. Ovechkin made his first appearance in an NHL All-Star Game in 2006-07 and won the Kharlamov Trophy as the top Russian-born player in the league for the second straight year.

“We knew when we drafted Alex that we were getting a phenomenal player,” McPhee said. “What we soon saw first-hand was what an outstanding competitor, teammate and person he is. This contract further demonstrates his dedication to our team and the organization’s commitment to building a consistent winner here in Washington.”

http://capitals.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=349546

Ovechkin's Extension Figures

Alex Ovechkin's new deal is worth $124 million over 13 years and will keep the star winger in Washington through 2020-21. It's believed to be the wealthiest deal in NHL history.

The first six years are $9 million per, the last seven years are $10 per.

"I want to say thanks to all my teammates, the whole organization, to Ted, George, the coaching staff," Ovechkin just told fans at the team's meet and greet party at Verizon Center. "I'm proud to be with the Washington Capitals for 13 years more. Our goal is to bring a Stanley Cup here."

Ovechkin, who is tied for second in the league with 32 goals, is due to earn $3.83 in a bonus-laden deal this season. That three year entry level deal was set to expire June 30.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/capitalsinsider/2008/01/ovechkin_extension_terms.html

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #815 on: January 12, 2008, 09:39:04 AM »
OMGASS. 13 years??? And here Washington survived Jagr's fat ass contract. :lol:

Way to go Oilers. 3 straight wins. Beat that fucker Bryzgalov with Moreau's 3rd goal in 5 games! That loser Stortini, did ya see him fake a head butt like 10 seconds after dude tried to french him. EMBARASSING. Georges WE NEED YOU!!!

Conklin 9 straight wins. :o

Congrats to the ALLSTARS!

2008 EASTERN CONFERENCE ALL-STAR ROSTER

GOALTENDERS
* Martin Brodeur, New Jersey Devils
Rick DiPietro, New York Islanders
Tomas Vokoun, Florida Panthers

DEFENSEMEN
* Andrei Markov, Montreal Canadiens
* Zdeno Chara, Boston Bruins
Brian Campbell, Buffalo Sabres
Sergei Gonchar, Pittsburgh Penguins
Tomas Kaberle, Toronto Maple Leafs
Kimmo Timonen, Philadelphia Flyers

FORWARDS
* Sidney Crosby, Pittsburgh Penguins
* Vincent Lecavalier, Tampa Bay Lightning
* Daniel Alfredsson, Ottawa Senators
Scott Gomez, New York Rangers
Dany Heatley, Ottawa Senators
Marian Hossa, Atlanta Thrashers
Ilya Kovalchuk, Atlanta Thrashers
Alex Ovechkin, Washington Capitals
Mike Richards, Philadelphia Flyers
Martin St. Louis, Tampa Bay Lightning
Jason Spezza, Ottawa Senators
Eric Staal, Carolina Hurricanes

Western Conference:

* starters

F: Henrik Zetterberg, Wings
F: Pavel Datsyuk, Wings
F: Jarome Iginla, Flames
D: Nicklas Lidstrom, Wings
D: Dion Phaneuf, Flames
G: Roberto Luongo,* Canucks
* Opting not to play

F: Shawn Horcoff, Oilers
F: Anze Kopitar, Kings
F: Henrik Sedin, Canucks
F: Paul Stastny, Avalanche
F: Ryan Getzlaf, Ducks
F: Joe Thornton, Sharks
F: Rick Nash, Blue Jackets
F: Jason Arnott, Predators
F: Marian Gaborik, Wild
D: Chris Pronger, Ducks
D: Ed Jovanovski, Coyotes
D: Duncan Keith, Blackhawks
D: Sergei Zubov, Stars
G: Chris Osgood, Red Wings
G: Manny Legace, Blues
G: Evgeni Nabokov, Sharks

The 56th NHL All-Star Game will be played on Sunday, Jan. 27 at Philips Arena in Atlanta, GA. Puck drops at 6 p.m. ET.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #816 on: January 13, 2008, 12:49:48 AM »
To be honest, I just want to see the skills competition. The game itself, while nice, is pretty watered-down IMO.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline kuno_thunder

• Dance, dance, dance til we run this town!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
« Reply #817 on: January 13, 2008, 06:46:00 AM »
Leafs drop ANOTHER 2 goal lead tonight against the Sharks, making Shuji-kun happy.  Kris Letang, Sidney Crosby, and Evgeni Malkin couldn't score in the shootout handing the Pens their 1st loss in 9 games.  Way to go Conk, the man is on fire.  And GO SENS GO!!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #818 on: January 14, 2008, 07:57:41 AM »
^ Too bad about Heatley. Sens be fucking up! Blackhawks finally got outta their slump with a shootout win over Nashville.

Went to the autograph session yesterday. Fuckin only got one group (Souray, Pittkanen, Brodziak)

Here's some XXXclusive video as guys like Roloson, Staios, Greene passed by!
[youtube=425,350]uNelunxJyHM[/youtube]

There was shitload of puck bunnies. man are they another breed. My eardrums dammit :lol:

Oilers win 4 straight on top of Hemsky's EPIC goal ... got fucked with Reghr all game, he just went "straight to the hole" !!! 2-1 regulation win!

WOOOT back on 500...too bad everyone else won. Fuckin 'Nucks!! :P

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #819 on: January 15, 2008, 05:42:50 AM »
still 1st on the division baby~~~~

i think

JPHiP Radio (12/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hyde - The Cape of Storms