JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ayumi Shibata - Chance!

Author Topic: Official NHL Thread  (Read 546638 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: Official NHL Thread
« Reply #940 on: November 19, 2008, 03:40:49 AM »
SHIT!! Nice way to come back. 7-2 destruction of the Blue Jackets considering they got outshot big time, so many PP it made me pee pee. WAY TO GO!!

Horcoff, Dustin Penner, Visnosky, Gagner, Cogliano, Gilbert getting back on the score sheet. My fantasy team been HURTING LOL. Whatta sick goal Cogs had from Souray. Someone Tube that shit ASAP.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #941 on: November 19, 2008, 08:54:01 PM »
Check out that sick goal by Cogliano right here at 1:00....Souray is WORTH the shit we was gonna pay Smyttie BIOTCH!

Offline BradVickers

• Caffeine Bomb
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #942 on: November 20, 2008, 02:14:22 AM »
Man, I'm glad we only have to play the Wild once a year. They play the most boring style of hockey that I've seen in a while. No idea how they've sold out every game since they came into existence. That shit's worse than Ambien.
Sucks to end our 6 game winning streak because of a fluke face off win, but whatever. Well, I guess we still have a 7 game point streak going, so there's that.

Baba Booey

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #943 on: November 20, 2008, 07:08:57 AM »
Man, I'm glad we only have to play the Wild once a year. They play the most boring style of hockey that I've seen in a while. No idea how they've sold out every game since they came into existence. That shit's worse than Ambien.
Sucks to end our 6 game winning streak because of a fluke face off win, but whatever. Well, I guess we still have a 7 game point streak going, so there's that.

Bäckström is just too good for your guys! WIld ftw!
coot is ctz

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #944 on: November 21, 2008, 09:33:39 AM »
HAHAHA Oilers get fucked over by Backstrom 6 times a year! :banghead:

Red Wings on Pay Per View. Why do I pay for getting :sheep love:

No Holmstrom, insert some other Swede to stick they ass in Roli's face ARRGH. Garon came in and played well and fuck, Oilers almost tied it. Souray taking out that fool Lilja was pure "Fuckin Refs, Make a DAMN CALL" fight

Look the fuck out, Canucks actually playing well :lol:

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #946 on: November 25, 2008, 09:11:04 AM »
WTF??? :o

That's nothing on the WTF scale compared to this:

Claude Lemieux signs tryout deal with Sharks

SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) -Claude Lemieux has signed a tryout contract with the San Jose Sharks in hopes of returning to the NHL after a five-year absence.

The 43-year-old Lemieux is expected to report to the Sharks' AHL affiliate in Worcester this week, San Jose spokesman Scott Emmert said Monday.

Lemieux won four Stanley Cup titles during 18 NHL seasons with five clubs while earning a reputation as one of hockey's top agitators. He won the Conn Smythe Trophy as the NHL's playoff MVP in 1995 with the New Jersey Devils, and he also won championships with Montreal (1986) and Colorado (1996) before adding a fourth ring back with New Jersey in 2000.

His 80 career playoff goals are ninth in league history, but Lemieux hasn't played in the NHL since the 2002-03 season, which he spent with Phoenix and Dallas. Earlier this year, Lemieux played a two-game stint with the China Sharks, San Jose's affiliate in Shanghai, while gauging his ability to make a full comeback.

Lemieux is a longtime friend of Sharks general manager Doug Wilson, who has taken a chance on veteran players before. Defenseman Sandis Ozolinsh played 38 games with San Jose last season after few clubs were interested in the 35-year-old former All-Star.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=394225&cmpid=rss

WHAT THE FUCK?!

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #947 on: November 25, 2008, 07:55:24 PM »
WHAT THE FUCK?!
Indeed.
:mon wtf:

SJ has an affiliate in Shanghai?

=P

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #948 on: November 27, 2008, 09:17:13 AM »
Ryan O'byrne own goal MTL vs NYI - 11/24/2008

:lol:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #949 on: November 30, 2008, 07:15:50 AM »
^ Fuckin Habs XD Price is WRONG BITCH!

Look out Leaf Fan, Brian Burke aka The Wizard of Oz is your new GM. Where's the parade? :lol:

WOOO. Oilers rip out a solid win 4-2 over the Blues. Just when you thoughts Gagner and Cogliano were farting it up.....Fuckin Backus, running around hitting whatever, he is fuckin gonna get TOASTED. Taking out Lube like that. Horcoff pulled off the Gordie Howe hat trick anyways! SUCKAZ!

btw. anyone seen the Sens third jerseys? LOOKS like something from SLAPSHOT 3 XD

which y'all should pick up since Messier is in it. hahaha

Offline BradVickers

• Caffeine Bomb
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #950 on: December 02, 2008, 11:02:52 PM »
lol, Avery's such a douche:
"I am really happy to be back in Calgary, I love Canada," Avery told TSN on Tuesday.  "I just want to comment on how it's become like a common thing in the NHL for guys to fall in love with my sloppy seconds.  I don't know what that's about.  Enjoy the game tonight."

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=258171&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_nhl

HAHA!
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=258182&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_nhl
he got suspended for saying that!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 12:23:00 AM by BradVickers »

Baba Booey

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #951 on: December 03, 2008, 08:35:44 PM »
LMAO...Fuckin Bettman. Lesser people have been suspended but it was all pre-meditated for sure. The straw that broke the camel ....wait my metaphors. Jaret Stoll had sloppy seconds too. :lol:

I remember he called Georges Laraque a monkey and wouldn't own it. At least Avery makes shit interesting, we all need some controversy. WNBA has lesbian affairs and no one cares!

Good for the Oilers too - don't have to see his dumb ass tonite :tama-mad:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #952 on: December 07, 2008, 06:54:25 AM »
BRILLIANT!! 2-0 in Cali!!

BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE!! Garon stones em in the shootout AGAIN.

EAT SHIT SHARKS/SHUJI!! Roli was unbelievable! out shot 43-17 but lucky bounce by brodziak!!!!

My All-Star picks:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #953 on: December 13, 2008, 08:13:13 AM »
FUCK YOU CRAIG ANDERSON!!  :tama-mad:

41 saves. Granted they were long range "hope for the rebound" shots - but shit man. That was brutal. That guy ain't even making 500G's and he shut out the best teams.

Good to hear Luongo ain't starting tmr. CANUCKS ARE TOAST!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #954 on: December 14, 2008, 09:04:06 AM »
Oh yeah, shuji. Real Season Fool!

SANFORD got nO SONS!! 3-0 shut out!!

Way to shhut em out Roli. Solid solid 60 minutes. Granted the Refs gave us a few calls but it's about damn time. Hard work grinding. Stortini and Strudwick scrapping makes up for that ugly loss in October. Souray was MADNESS!! GJ Hemsky with the goal.

GO OILERS! Rei's on the bandwagon COFFEY SON :pimp:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #955 on: December 14, 2008, 11:49:31 AM »
The Oilers Defensive Leader Sheldon Souray was on that NHL online show:

WATCH: http://oilers.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?catid=5&id=28068

Shit that Crystal chick is a hot mama! :heart:

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #956 on: December 19, 2008, 12:40:12 PM »
FREE AGENT SUNDIN AGREES TO DEAL WITH CANUCKS

After six long months, the Mats Sundin saga is finally over as the unrestricted free agent has agreed to a one-year contract with the Vancouver Canucks.

"I am truly excited to be joining the Canucks," said Sundin in a team statement. "Once I made the decision to return to play a few weeks ago, the Vancouver opportunity was simply the best overall fit. I want to thank Mike Gillis and the entire Canucks organization for their professionalism throughout this entire process."

The signing ended months of rumours and speculation around the coveted centre, who was undecided on whether or not he would return to the National Hockey League for an 18th season.

While the Canucks certainly become a better team with Sundin, general manager Mike Gillis stopped short of calling them a championship-calibre club.

"I don't think I would be comfortable calling any team a contender other than San Jose and Detroit," Gillis told reporters. "What we want to do is get in the playoffs and win round-by-round. For me, it's the process of how the team plays and the integrity it plays with. I know we will get results if we play that way.

"I think Mats is a great player that joins a good group of players that are committed to winning. I think we are a better team for sure. I am not going to place that label (contender) on any team."

With the NHL's holiday roster freeze beginning Friday, the earliest Sundin can join the Canucks is Dec. 27.

The Montreal Canadiens were given exclusive rights to talk to Sundin this past summer in the week leading up to the free agent signing period. The club's negotiating window passed without an agreement and as many as six NHL teams lined up to acquire his services.

Among the teams interested over the last six months were the Canadiens, Canucks, Chicago Blackhawks, Philadelphia Flyers, Ottawa Senators, Toronto Maple Leafs and New York Rangers.

The Canucks had the most lucrative offer for Sundin, with a two-year, $20 million contract that was never pulled off on the table.

Sundin, 37, finished with 32 goals and 46 assists for 78 points in 74 games last season with the Leafs, leading Toronto in scoring for the fourth straight year.

The franchise leader in goals and points, he has played 13 of his 17 NHL campaigns with the Maple Leafs, who acquired him from the Quebec Nordiques in 1994.

Sundin has 555 goals and 1,321 points in 1,305 career NHL games since he was drafted first overall by Quebec in 1989. He re-wrote Toronto's record book over his 13 seasons in blue and white, scoring 420 goals and a franchise-best 987 points.

In 83 playoff games, Sundin has scored 35 goals and 74 points, with all but four of those points coming in a Leafs uniform. The two-time second-team NHL All-Star also won a gold medal with Team Sweden at the Torino Olympics in 2006.
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=260123&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_main

Paying Sundin $10 million a season = pure fucking stupidity  :lol:
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 12:42:21 PM by Masa »

Offline BradVickers

• Caffeine Bomb
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #957 on: December 19, 2008, 09:54:58 PM »

I could deal with seeing that for the rest of the season :)

Baba Booey

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #958 on: December 20, 2008, 05:57:55 AM »
^  FINALLY. It's practically neck-and-neck-and-neck between me, Masa, and Sev in the Fantasy Hockey standings. :lol:

LMAO Too bad Rangers. Sundin likes the Sedin Sisters better than King Henerik.

OILERS TIE IT UP!!! Fuckin Ducks - finally solviing that Jonas Hiller guy.

ETA:

First brutal ass raping by Blackhawks. Letting the Canucks DICK-tate, close but not good enuff. Now a shootout loss. Fuck you right goal post.

GJ Erik Cole for coming out of his slump.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #959 on: December 21, 2008, 01:34:03 PM »
FANTASY HOCKEY is heating up despite COOL TIMES. Even tho I don't have a steady goalie, drafting those guys from Philly was SMART. And Hemsky is steady.

KAEDE IS KILLING US!! Too bad Masa drafted Selanne. Who's the genius who signed Sundin?

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ayumi Shibata - Chance!