JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Utada Hikaru - Niji-iro BASU

Author Topic: Be Like Jabronisaur Day (July 16, 2010)  (Read 33594 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Be Like Jabronisaur Day (July 16, 2010)
« on: July 14, 2010, 03:40:00 AM »
Be Like Jabronisaur Day (July 16, 2010)
~Good Deeds, Spreading Love, Be Positive~

In memory of Tim Marks, Be Like Jabronisaur Day (July 16, 2010) is formed for a day to pay tribute to our homie Jabronisaur by Doing Good Deeds, Spreading Love, Being Positive~ just like he was in real life and online at JPHiP.com

We lost Jabronisaur one year ago on July 16, 2009 - right after our successful meet up at Anime Expo, where JPHiP pimped like no other, gathering 30+ in a room at a time, meeting dozens more along the way. At the forefront, was Jabronisaur whom as a member of the Crack Staff, broke down barriers and mingled with fans from all over the world and net - making them feel like family. He exemplified what it was to be a HiPster, and made us so proud he was just one of our homies.

Jab will never be forgotten and on this day July 16th we shall pay tribute to everything he stands for!! :jphip:

The When & How You start July 16, 2010, 12 AM your time. Do as many Good Deeds, Acts of Love and Positivity towards your fellow HiPsters, friends, family, and random strangers as possible! Post about it in this thread and everywhere to help keep the "Be Like Jabronisaur Day" movement going!

It doesn't matter how big or small. Examples can be like praising someones thread or post with constructive feedback, being nice in IRC, helping an old lady with the door, giving time to charity, making people feel part of the community by asking them how they are - stuff Jabronisaur did in his every day life.

Our goal is to have the spirit of Jabronisaur live on forever with every good deed we do, in a positive loving action and for this to be an annual JPHiP Event.

OUR HOMEBOY JABRONISAUR, FOREVER REMEMBERED.

We'll be re-running Jabronisaur's radio show "Beware the JabberJocky!" all day, and if you want to drop a message feel free to record and PM to daigong. Thanks kuro for contributing in advance!

Thank yous to The Crack Staff - Masa, shirenu, lollipopgirl, tamatron - and kuno_thunder for the brainstorming. We got inspiration from Jaeson Ma's 365 Days of Love and Amy Crawford's Good Deed Day, and just the general need to bring a day to honor Jab in the most positive way.

SPREAD THE WORD! LET'S DO THIS FOR JAB!

:hipheart:
One Love.

The JPH!P Crack Staff

* The footage you see is from July 5, 2009 - at the Mayfair Hotel in Los Angeles, CA - when we were sending our homeboy Flyp off.

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
Re: Be Like Jabronisaur Day (July 16, 2010)
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 04:58:47 AM »
This is really lovely you guys  :heart:  Let's make him proud of us!!

Watching that video makes me emotional, both coz of Jabby and missing you all~

At the end of the video Jabby did just like me when you left at the airport in PR XD  :heart:

++    Ongaku! Project   ++

Offline Meania

• shooting for the stars~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 08:09:57 PM »
I never got the opportunity to know Jabronisaur, but from what I've heard of him- he seems like an amazing man!
I'll try my best to help honour his memory this next couple of days! ; u ;

- Formspring - Twitter -
~ RIP ChrNo

Offline adventwriter

• Forever a Linlin wota.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 05:44:43 AM »
I'm in!

You probably all know how I feel about Jab  - even though I never met him.

I'll post here and twitpost the shit out of this - gotta make this a trending topic!

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 07:38:10 AM »
Oh man, I'm SO in! :heart:
We gotta keep Jabby's memory alive and make homeboy proud! :jphip:

Offline Deft-Monkey

• Banana Picker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Just like my basement's anti-escape mechanism
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 08:29:06 AM »
I don't really know how to go out of my way to be good, but I'll let the spirit of Jab guide me, not only for tomorrow, but hopefully for the rest of my life :jphip: Let's do this!

Offline Tyler_Wood_2005

• N.L.N.L (Nono Lover No Longer)
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 09:12:13 AM »
Jab... That video made me cry... am still crying right now :cry: :cry: :cry: Such a good man, a friendly man, a great man :cry: :cry: I miss him so much... :(

But I will participate on that day, friday. I'll treat my co-workers extra nicely, hug my family and friends as often as I can all day and maybe not go out to the bar that night, prob cry if drink anyhow.

I'll never forget Jab, I sure was fond of that man... me crying right now reminds me of that

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2010, 08:17:34 PM »
is a very sad day for me because jabby left us the same day my mom passed away... it sucks but in the positive side it'll be very hard to forget about him so i'll pray for him.

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2010, 04:07:41 AM »
^ *hugs shura* This is why we all come together and give each other the strength we need :heart:

Its Jabby day here and being stuck in a pretty much empty lab makes good deeds a little hard atm but, on the way to uni:

* Asked the cashier how their day was... they didn't really say much lol
* Thanked the driver of the car that stopped to let me across the road
* Smiled at a random stranger... tried smiling at more but my smile is awkward and I don't think they got the point >.<

Offline Deft-Monkey

• Banana Picker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Just like my basement's anti-escape mechanism
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2010, 04:24:10 AM »
Just did some little things when I went out to post my Secret Penpal letter:

* Smiled and said "Thank you" to a man on a tractor who let me cross the road.
* Exchanged a few words of smalltalk with the man who helped me post my letter. He was friendly :)

I also gave my dad a very cheery "Good morning" when I went downstairs to eat breakfast. Hope it made his work seem a little easier with that. I've got an English lesson today at 5:30, so I'll see what else I can do.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2010, 09:10:44 AM »
Great examples HiPstaz! Thank you Deft, lollipopgirl, shura, Meania, Kream, Tyler, Rei, advent for the commitment to the cause. It really makes me happy to see people throwing up sigs and tuning into the Jabronisaur Radio Marathon, playing all day - starting 4 AM EST - when JPHiP Forum time = July 16.

I'm sorry to hear about your mother shura. We gather strength and carry on the legacies of those who we've lost, I know I have - every single day. Their spirit carries on, because we continue living the life they would want us to live.

No doubt Rei, Jab is a natural comedian, his timing and photo bombing PRICELESS! :grin:

For those new to JPH!P, this is just a snapshot of what happens when u get more than one HiPSter in a room. This group at Anime Expo, consisted of members from Day 1 to guys we just met, all in the name of having fun! Birthday cards we signed for our fellow HiPstaz:

It's what JPHiP is all about :)

So totally, there's much for us to do. Take time to talk to that friend you haven't contacted in a long time or donate some time to charity. The more people who take part, the more we honor our homie Jabronisaur. :jphip:

Offline lollipopgirl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2010, 09:30:24 AM »
Bought my last participant today a chocolate to thank them for helping me out, chatted with them for an hour and half afterwards as well.
Jabby made time for everyone, bought time I did the same!

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2010, 12:05:23 PM »
This is so inspirational, seriously. And it only shows what a great community JPH!P really is~

I'll see what I can do to put in the extra effort to be warm, calm, and compassionate towards everyone I meet today, though I have kept this in mind ever since the thread first popped up. In fact, on that same day after reading the thread I randomly helped a stranger parallel park his car. It only took a few minutes of my time, and I'm sure it made his day a bit brighter, it certainly cheered me up knowing that I was able to help out.

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2010, 12:08:41 PM »
Well my plan is to help anyone who does and enjoy the day and be like jab everyday, it makes everyone better :D
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline lollipopgirl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2010, 12:35:48 PM »
To finish my day of trying to do good things I bought a Vicks product coz for every package they sell they immune a child in developing countries against Pneumonia... also bought my mummy some flowers and a love balloon thing.
All guided by you Jabby :heart:

Offline Za_Wolf

• INFP
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2010, 01:23:25 PM »
Aye yo! This day is for you Jab, gonna kick up that Nice meter 15 notches up! :thumbsup

For the past year everytime I play MvC2 and pick Magneto I always think about that picture.. You and Mag with that Mean Mug Pose!  Lol, good stuff.  I Know you're doing good up there man, take it easy and see you some day  :D

:jphip:

Stand tall and shake the heavens.

Offline adventwriter

• Forever a Linlin wota.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2010, 02:56:27 PM »
Won't be able to post the ways I was like Jab during most of the day today - JPH!P is still banned on my work computers because I was on here too much... :lol:

Massive post will come when I get home. Twit updates will come throughout the day - internet willing.

Offline Chuck

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2010, 10:02:24 PM »
Hello All!  On  behalf of my parents and myself I would truly like to thank you all for the tribute to my little Bro Tim!  I think it's great that you all saw the best in him.  He was a great brother and a great friend.  The world could be a lesser place with out him except that all of you remember him in spirit and choose to carry on his memory!  I don't have the words to thank you for that.  Tim loved you guys and you were a big part of his life.  My parents and I are SO happy you chose to remember him this day.

JAB will live on in our memories!

Much Love to you all!

Chuck

Offline Tyler_Wood_2005

• N.L.N.L (Nono Lover No Longer)
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2010, 10:08:38 PM »
Good deeds done for the day so far:

-Posted a few messages on facebook to friends I haven't really told how much their friendship means to me.
-Bought donuts for co-workers and handed them out one by one to all 12 of them, the looks on their faces was amazing.
-Did the same donut routine and handed them out to workers at my local video store, because they always chat with me for afew minutes whenever I rent a movie, and I wanted to be nice to them so I did just that.
-hugged parents, both of them long and hard.
-held doors open for people constantly
-smiled at random people.

and one of the things I did after hearing a song: "Would you call old friends you never see."
-One of my best friends, both of us drifted apart, but it was her birthday yesterday. I didn't get her any thing or see her, because I didn't want to bother her. But because of the special day it is today and what I'm striving for today, I got her a birthday card and said happy birthday to her in Cantonese *her native language*. First words we spoke in nearly 5 years...

But I did all of this today because of Jab

This evening I'm going to do more good deeds, just waiting till that time and will post more.

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2010, 10:56:28 PM »
Chuck, hey we always going to remember him, Jab has been inspiration for everybody

My List
- Dropped off papers to my mom
- Sent my letter to my penpal
- massage my dad's back
- help an old lady on the bus
- breakfast duty
- helped a person for directions to the post office
- water the plants
- help with the shopping
- clean out my fans
- clean out the computers
- cook dinner :D