JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Lite - Sequel to the Letter

Author Topic: Iron Man 2 (2010)  (Read 13859 times)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Iron Man 2 (2010)
« on: July 10, 2008, 10:14:50 PM »

Iron Man 2 is an upcoming 2010 superhero film, based on the Marvel Comics fictional character Iron Man. This film is directed by Jon Favreau, with Robert Downey Jr. reprising the title role. The film will be released on May 7, 2010.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 10:32:25 PM by Masa »

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Re: Iron Man 2 (2010)
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 07:52:33 AM »
Jon Favreau Already Starting Work on Iron Man 2

This shouldn't really be a shocker to anyone, but Jon Favreau has already started work on Iron Man 2. This is definitely great news for most, except those who said he could've done a better job during the Favreau debacle in early June. He also sounds as anxious as Michael Bay, working before there's even a script (as far as we know) and putting in plenty of early pre-production work. Robert Downey Jr. is just about to head to England to film Guy Ritchie's Sherlock Holmes, so he won't probably get back into the role of Tony Stark until early next year. But as Favreau now confirms: "It will be released in 2010."

The update today comes from Geoff Boucher's LA Times blog, where Favreau tells him that "we're working on it now, which hasn't been officially announced." We do officially know Justin Theroux, the actor turned screenwriter who penned the Tropic Thunder script, will be writing the script for this sequel. We can also expect Gwyneth Paltrow and Terrence Howard to reprise their roles again. Other than that, we're all anxiously awaiting to hear more. Marvel has set a release date of April 30th, 2010 and Favreau has now begun the arduous two year process to bring us the next fantastic installment of Iron Man. We'll probably hear a lot more from Favreau and company over the next two years, so stay tuned.
http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/08/21/jon-favreau-already-starting-work-on-iron-man-2/
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/herocomplex/2008/08/favreau-is-at-w.html

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 05:49:00 AM »
Rumor: Iron Man 2 Might Be Shot in Glorious IMAX 3D?!

Oh no! This isn't really confirmed news, but a report from our friends at Collider today quotes Jon Favreau as saying that he'd love to do Iron Man 2 in 3D and even potentially shoot scenes on IMAX, just like The Dark Knight did. Considering Iron Man is currently ranked as the #2 box office earner this year, I imagine that Paramount and Marvel might be up for giving Favreau the budget he needs to do both of these. The report is a bit sketchy and Favreau only said that he wants to do it in 3D, not that they actually were going to - but time will tell if they actually make it happen. Although I'm not the biggest fan of 3D, I'm going to let this one slide and still remain considerably excited to for Iron Man 2 to hit in 2010!

Favreau attended at a press conference for the Iron Man DVD and said that he'd love to do the sequel in 3D. "He also called the IMAX Dark Knight footage a game changer and he said he’d love to shoot part of Iron Man 2 in IMAX." And as for the 3D, "it's all about the cost, but if they can make it happen he'd like to do it." This is very exciting news and I know I'm not alone when I say that it would truly be badass to see Iron Man in glorious IMAX 3D kicking Mandarin's ass for two hours. As I said, I hope Paramount and Marvel do give Favreau the money he needs, because if this actually happens, it could potentially give The Dark Knight a run for its money in 2010.
http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/09/11/rumor-iron-man-2-might-be-shot-in-glorious-imax-3d/

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 08:05:21 AM »
End of the Rhodes for Howard

Cheadle replaces him on Iron Man 2.

October 14, 2008 - Back when Iron Man came out, Terrence Howard was very excited about the direction his character -- Tony Stark sidekick Jim Rhodes -- would take in the sequel, telling us he was already thinking about how he would play the character in Iron Man 2.

Well it seems all that talk was in vain, with the actor now dropping out of the movie due, according to The Hollywood Reporter, to "financial differences, among other reasons."

Marvel has quickly stepped in, hiring Don Cheadle to replace the departing actor. He's probably most famous for his awful attempts at a cockney accent in the Ocean films, but has serious acting credentials having nabbed an Oscar nomination for Hotel Rwanda.

The role is set to be greatly expanded in Iron Man 2, with all the sequel buzz suggesting that Rhodes will become War Machine next time around. Filming on the sequel will get under way next year.
http://movies.ign.com/articles/919/919595p1.html

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 08:16:10 AM »
That really sucks. Nevermind the fact that I can't stand it when fundamental continuity changes like this happens, but I liked how Terrance Howard interpreted the character of Rhodes. I mean, how could you not get pumped up when he looked at the spare suit and said "Next time, baby"?

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 08:40:22 PM »
Damn it actors, do it for the passion, not the $$$....

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2008, 05:38:30 PM »
'Iron Man 2': How Terrence Howard Lost His Metal

Marvel's decision to recast the role of Col. Jim Rhodes said to be a combination of salary issues and concern about the performance

When a summer blockbuster grosses more than $300 million, putting together a sequel is typically as simple as throwing buckets of money at your stars and signing a few pieces of paper. That hasn't been the case with Iron Man 2. It took months for Marvel Studios to lock in director Jon Favreau for the sequel. And reports that Don Cheadle will replace Terrence Howard as Col. Jim Rhodes — a supporting character who seemed poised for a big role in the follow-up after he muttered ''Next time, baby'' to Iron Man's steel suit — hint that IM2 isn't quite as infallible as the superhero at its center.

Hollywood insiders believe the exit stems from Terrence Howard's difficult behavior on the set of Iron Man. But those with intimate knowledge of the situation suggest a far more dramatic backstory: Howard was the first actor signed to the film and, on top of that, was the highest-paid. That's right: more than Gwyneth Paltrow. More than Jeff Bridges. More than Robert Downey Jr. And once the project fully came together, it was too late to renegotiate his deal. It didn't help that, according to one source, Favreau and his producers were ultimately unhappy with Howard's performance, and spent a lot of time cutting and reshooting his scenes. (Favreau could not be reached for comment, while Howard's publicist says: ''Terrence had a tremendous experience working on Iron Man.'')

As such, when Favreau and screenwriter Justin Theroux went to map out the sequel they found themselves minimizing Howard's story line. Once Marvel learned that Favreau was thinking of curtailing the role, the studio went to the actor's agents with a new and drastically reduced offer — a number that's similar to what supporting cast members were paid for the first movie. The agents, according to sources, were so taken aback by this new figure — estimated at somewhere between a 50 and 80 percent pay cut — that they questioned it. Why did they blanch? Multiple sources say that Marvel execs never told Howard's reps that they had issues with the star's on-set conduct. (Marvel would not comment for this story.)

It's unclear whether Howard's team walked away first, or if Marvel ended the discussion at that point. Either way, the studio moved quickly to secure Cheadle and the story leaked out the next morning, Oct. 14. And alas for Howard, there will be no next time.
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20236884,00.html

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2008, 10:17:45 PM »
:lol: he was the highest payed actor in the first movie? That was the biggest mistake there, of course cutting his pay for the next one would be a bad idea, especially if it was more than a 50% cut.

I like Cheadle more than Howard, but think Howard fits the role better. We'll see how things go.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2009, 06:21:59 AM »
'Iron Man 2': Scarlett Johansson to replace Emily Blunt as Black Widow?

Feb 13, 2009, 07:30 PM | by Nicole Sperling

Because Emily Blunt's commitment to Twentieth Century Fox and the studio's upcoming Gulliver's Travels movie may prohibit her from costarring in Iron Man 2, Marvel is in discussions with other actresses, most significantly Scarlett Johansson, to take her place, EW has learned exclusively. Marvel will not confirm, but sources around Hollywood say Johansson has indeed met with the filmmakers and is interested in taking the role of Russian superspy Natasha Romanoff, who doubles as Black Widow. Blunt's reps are still trying to make both projects work, but Gulliver's is further along, with a start date of April 15. Iron Man 2 still doesn't have a shooting script and a start date has not yet been determined.
http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2009/02/iron-man-2-will.html

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2009, 07:20:15 AM »
I was kinda glad to hear Emily Blunt was going to be in it :(

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2009, 06:44:14 AM »
Robert Downey Jr Promises Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger Iron Man 2

The Soloist star Robert Downey Jr. talked recently with ET Online about Iron Man 2, which starts shooting in the next few weeks. "The film is almost entirely about character, and yet we still have twice as much action as we did last time, so it's going to be nuts," he said. And here's the best part of his update. "Essentially Iron Man 2 is about looking behind the armor, or the armature, of a superhero. It's one thing to say you're Iron Man, it's another thing to be fully ready to do that." Apologies for that Daft Punk reference in the title, but I think it worked well, because that's exactly what we're going to get with this!

When asked about Scarlett Johansson taking on the role of Black Widow, Downey Jr said, "We've been rehearsing and she's in insane shape. She's getting lean and mean." I hope that's the truth, because right now I think she's the weakest link, and has a lot of hard work to do if she is indeed going to pull this off. I'm considerably excited for Iron Man 2 and can't wait to see what Jon Favreau and his screenwriter Justin Theroux have whipped up this time around, even with Johansson on board It's great to hear that it will be even more about the character this time, because as we all know, great characters make for great movies.
http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/04/03/robert-downey-jr-promises-harder-better-faster-stronger-iron-man-2/

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2009, 02:47:24 PM »
Kate Mara Joins and Clark Gregg Returns for Iron Man 2

Two minor casting updates for Jon Favreau's Iron Man 2. We Are Marshall actress Kate Mara has joined the cast, and Choke writer/director/actor Clark Gregg has officially returned to reprise his role as Agent Phil Coulson of S.H.I.E.L.D. We know who Gregg is set to play, but Mara's role is "being kept under wraps." That's a bit odd, considering Favreau and company are already shooting in Manhattan Beach. No hints as to who she might play, but I'm intrigued by her casting. We already know that Scarlett Johansson is playing Black Widow and Gwyneth Paltrow is back as Pepper Potts, so what other female characters are there?

If you haven't been following Jon Favreau's Twitter, you should be, as he updates it quite often and occasionally posts cool photos like this one of his director's chair. So far it sounds like everything has been going great. On the same day he posted two great updates: "Wrapped. Heading home. Robert was on fire. We're hitting our stride," as well as, "Scarlett's first day. Very exciting." In addition, if you didn't hear previously, small cameo roles have been shot featuring actors Garry Shandling and Gary Oldman, but no one really knows much about who they play. Those are all the latest updates from the set of Iron Man 2.
http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/04/22/kate-mara-joins-and-clark-gregg-returns-for-iron-man-2/

Kate Mara :thumbsup

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2009, 07:40:50 AM »
First Official Photo from Jon Favreau's Iron Man 2!

Exactly as Jon Favreau promised on twitter, the first official photo from Iron Man 2 has been unveiled tonight over at USA Today. Although I wasn't expecting to see much, this is actually an awesome first photo, giving us a big hint that Tony Stark may be building a "Hall of Armor" of Iron Man suits, just like in the comics. But of course, we won't know more details about that or even know how many different suits he has until we get to see Iron Man 2 next summer. "It's never easy with summer movies, but we're trying to keep as much a surprise as possible," Favreau says. Without further ado, check out the first official photo!

Iron Man 2 takes place "six months after Stark revealed his identity as Iron Man" at the end of the first movie. Favreau explains that the story this time will indeed involve a little bit of that public relations crisis. "How many superheroes are open about their true identities?" Favreau asks. "We wanted to play with that idea. But it obviously has consequences — in his relationships, on the team. There are a lot of areas we can explore." As for the villain(s) or how much we'll get to see of S.H.I.E.L.D., Favreau won't be talking about that. But it's good to keep everything so mysterious, right? I know it definitely makes me more excited!
http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/04/30/first-official-photo-from-jon-favreaus-iron-man-2/

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2009, 07:11:04 AM »

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2009, 04:12:03 PM »
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 05:47:27 PM by Masa »

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2009, 05:26:37 PM »

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2009, 10:34:41 PM »
Comic Con: First Iron Man 2 Footage, War Machine Seen!

By Tim Gomez

So here we are in Hall H, and the Iron Man 2 panel is next. And from the sound of it, Cinema Blend may be one of the few sites that got in. So make sure you stay close to your computer for live updates on the panel, any footage that may be shown, and any general freak outs I may have over the next hour.

4:07 Scott Manns is moderating. The audiences is not pleased at all. Scott doesn’t seem to notice. Kevin Feige sits down. “How do you raise that bar?” “You work very hard and do what you did last time and improve what you thought needed improvement.” Jon Favreau comes mow to screams and applause. He’s holding his phone, he’s filming us. How ironic.

4:10 Clip shown: Introed with footage from the last movie. This is a behind the scenes clip. It’s an ironic clip with titles and such. “STUNTS!” “EXPLOSIONS!” The clip is short. This is definitely a joke. And what do you know! RDJ comes out to surprised the audience! He is fighting with Jon over the footage he just showed. “I’ve seen better stuff in the editing room!” Everyone sings happy birthday to Jon's son Max.

4:15 First ever, real Iron Man 2 footage: Opens to Tony Stark without his helmet on, eating donuts in the Randy’s Donuts. Large donut. Sam Jackson as Nick Fury comes in and talks to him. Stark tells Jackson that there’s no way that he’s going to join his little “boy band.” Stark looks to be having a hard time dealing with the whole Iron Man thing. He tells Jackson “I don’t know if you’re real or a figment of my imagination.” Fury says, “I’m the realest person you’re ever going to meet.”

Cut to a scene in court. Before Congress, I assume. Gary Shandling appears as a Senator! Stark is answering for his “weapon” aka the Iron Man suit. The Senators want it turned over. Stark refuses to give up the suit because “the suit and I are one in the same.” Stark: “I have successfully privatized world peace.” First scene of Whiplash as played by Mickey Rourke. He’s building his suit. Holy crap this looks awesome! Stark is lying beaten on the ground and Whiplash is crashing his electric looking whips. A scene of Iron Man’s suit crashing and him falling from the sky. Scene cuts to an airplane hangar. Rhodes is with Sam Rockwell. Rockwell is showing a bunch of guns to Rhodes. When asked what he actually wants, Rhodes replies, “I want them all.” Quick cut to War Machine. It’s on. Seriously. The audience goes wild.

4:25 Scarlet Johansson, Sam Rockwell and Don Cheadle join the crew on stage. Don and Scarlet talk about the roles they’re playing, how they prepared, how they got them, etc. Sam talks about being here in Hall H. It says he’s very happy to be here.

4:28 Favreau talks about how Rourke went to a Russian prison to prepare for the role. He’s a sex god over there because of 9 ½ Weeks. “What are some of the main themes of this movie?” Cheadle says that one big one is getting Stark to deal with the idea that no man is an island, and having people help him. What was the training like for ScarJo? She says there was a lot of mixed martial arts stuff. It was all about putting in the time. The usual actress answer. 4:35 Done Cheadle asks for the footage to be shown again!

4:38 When asking how he was influenced by the previous actor to play the character of Rhodes, Don Cheadle says that he tried to stick to the script as far as Rhodes goes. He says they dealt with it elegantly in the film. Also, he admits he did a little bit of stealing as well.

4:44 And that's it! Panel over. Not much as far as commentary from the actors, but that footage shown was amazing. The audience loved it. Everyone around me is talking about wet trousers. That's how good it was. Iron Man 2 looks like it'll be an amazing sequel.
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2009, 09:05:17 PM »
New Iron Man 2 Pic: Tony Stark Plans World Domination

By Tim Gomez

As one of the few lucky viewers of the new Iron Man 2 footage, I can say that there’s a lot to be excited about. If the clips shown at Comic-Con this weekend (which you can read about here) are any indication of what the movie is going to be like, we’re in for another great superhero sequel.

We’ve already seen great pictures of Whiplash, Black Widow, and Tony Stark, and now Marvel.com has another high quality picture to satisfy our hunger for all things Stark. The picture has Stark looking over what I assume is area surrounding his factories and labs. This is just another bit of teasing to get you excited for a movie that won’t even be release for 10 months.

"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Lite - Sequel to the Letter