JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: L`Arc~en~Ciel - Yuki no Ashiato

Author Topic: What concept would you like to see on TV?  (Read 4369 times)

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
What concept would you like to see on TV?
« on: March 16, 2014, 05:40:19 PM »
Any ideas for a show, something you feel is lacking, or should be brought back? Discuss it here! :D

The good thing about this thread as well is that if you happen to describe something that already exists, others can tell you about it and you could find a new favourite show to watch ^__^

I'm mostly starting this topic because I was reading about a new show and by mistake read punk as steampunk. What a disappointment when I noticed my mistake. I'd really love to have an entire show (maybe with short seasons, however) in a visually steampunk inspired environment, with weird but amazing gadgets that logically or scientifically make no sense (like the airship in Final Fantasy VI?) but LOOK gorgeously inventive. Haha.

The storyline could have something to do with corruption and fighting it, because I've also had this mental image of an army whose aesthetic would be inspired by the wheelers in Return to OZ movie. Without the wheels tho, but the point would be that you'd genuinely become scared if you heard them marching and coming closer and closer. Something creepy and terrifying. Awe yeah I'd love to have a creepy show on the telly. American Horror Story is too campy; I actually don't consider it scary at all. :D

Steampunk also somehow makes me think of adventurers who have amazing, witty lines, dunno why... But certainly I'd love to have characters like that :D

But yeah. This was very random and I haven't spent a lot of time thinking about it. :lol:

How about you? Ever wonder if a certain type of show could be made?
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
Re: What concept would you like to see on TV?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 10:53:17 PM »
I would really love to see a tv show about day to day life at the Disney animation studios during its heyday. Think Mad Men except... at the Disney studios. Yeah.

As a fan of horror fiction, I would love to see more darker TV shows. I haven't really thought about any specific settings or anything, but it's one of the things I feel is missing from current TV trends. Sure, we have plenty of vampire and werewolf shows, but most of them could just as easily be described as teen drama, I guess. Think more American Horror Story, Hemlock Grove, and True Detective - except horror driven, perhaps based on H.P. Lovecraft's writing? Perhaps new characters/story in each episode? There was a show sort of like this a couple of years back, Masters of Horror, unfortunately most of the episodes played out like mini-versions of very cliche horror/scary stories. I'd love to see them bring this back with fresher ideas.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: What concept would you like to see on TV?
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 08:46:23 PM »
^ Not sure if you've watched it but Penny Dreadful sounds right up your alley. Based on the 19th centry publications of the same name, it tells a story which draws upon works from other 19th century fiction like Frankenstein, Dorian Grey etc but twists them in really interesting ways. As someone who isn't scared often from scary movies, I was rather surprised by how distressing it can be sometimes. It's gorgeously shot too with a stellar cast (Eva Green, Josh Hartnett, Timothy Dalton..). Well worth a watch.

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: L`Arc~en~Ciel - Yuki no Ashiato