JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: HY - Ryufukumaru

Author Topic: Roman Polanski arrested in connection with 1970s sex charge  (Read 2245 times)

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Re: Roman Polanski arrested in connection with 1970s sex charge
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 04:53:55 AM »
Considering how little the original sentence was before he jumped/fled 30 years ago, it really wasn't worth it for Polanski to run. If he gets extradited back now he'll definitely be facing a more significant prison term.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 04:13:05 PM »
The list of celebs supporting his release disgusts me

I was extra disappointed to see Wong Kar Wai's name on the list of peope who signed a petition :/
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 07:54:28 PM »
hmmm. I always thought child raping was frowned upon, so why the support? I don't know how the victim feels about it now, but I'm sure it's bound to be traumatic. Though Polanski's pregnant wife was killed by followers of Charles Manson so who knows what frame of mind it left him for the rest of his life.

Unltimately, he was convicted of a crime, a heinous, disgusting crime and ran from the law to escape punishment. I say shame on people who try to defend him with politics.

Just raises the question though, can you still like and support someone's art knowing they've done such unlawful, unethical things?

Don't like Polanski's films anyway so I know how I feel.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 09:05:28 PM »
hmmm. I always thought child raping was frowned upon, so why the support? I don't know how the victim feels about it now, but I'm sure it's bound to be traumatic.
They support him because of his "art". Fucking hell. Just because he is a talented film maker he doesn't get a free pass for CHILD RAPE. Even his horrible past doesn't. There is never a valid excuse to rape someone and then let the rapist get away with it. I don't care if he poops gold, he raped a 13-year-old girl and fled the country and he needs to be punished.

The victim mostly wants the thing to be over and done with now. She's wanted to drop the charges for a while now. = She got paid, lol. Too bad it's a people VS. Polanski case, not a victim VS. Polanski case - so what she wants is not relevant from that point of view. All there is left to do is to sentence Polanski, make him do his time; the trial is otherwise finished so she doesn't need to come witness anymore or anything. This REALLY would've been over ages ago had Polanski not been a total coward and fled to France. gah
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: HY - Ryufukumaru