JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Buono! - Winter Story

Author Topic: (Group) SPEED  (Read 87935 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: (Group) SPEED
« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2010, 09:10:00 AM »
here they were at the concert <GIRL POP FACTORY 10>

source: http://www.barks.jp/news/?id=1000063288

Offline alohellofan

• Member+
  • Aloha!!!<3
« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2010, 09:11:50 AM »
Wow, it's Speed. I loved them back in the day besides Morning Musume they were a big fav. Hiro is still a cutie to me.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2010, 07:55:55 AM »
diggin the new single "Yubiwa" (just dropped two weeks ago!) reminds me of their last few farewell ballads.

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2010, 02:29:56 PM »
I would say that BoA and SPEED were my introduction to J-Pop, and the more I learned about SPEED, the more I realized that Japanese Pop Music was full of incredible talent. First, all propers to BoA, a young Korean girl who came to Japan, learned the language, and had some incredible hits in her early teens. She, of course also records her songs in Korean, and those Korean versions are incredible. I will leave more comments in the BoA section.
Now on to SPEED............it is really an incredible story- four young girls from Okinawa , who as members of the Okinawa Actors School, were thrown together as a pop group. Their Sempai, Namie Amuro, had turned out to be a success, so why not draw water from the same well? Hiromasa Ijichi became their producer, and he didn't treat these girls like they were a short term pop confection that would melt after a few hours under the stage lights. He surrounded them with professional musicians, provided them with songs that had meaning and depth, and Hitoe Arakaki, Takakao Uehara, Eriko Imai, and Hiroko Shimabukuro accepted the challenge and delivered. How do you discover 4 little Mozarts all at once? Well maybe as individuals they aren't quite at the Mozart genius level, but as a group, there are very few quartets that achieved as much as these girls have. If not for the barrier that for some reason the Japanese language presents to the outside pop world, these girls would rate very high on the "phenomenal" scale...think Spice Girls,but reach higher.....Jackson Five, Beatles, The Supremes....SPEED really were and thankfully still are a pop miracle.

Offline Marian

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 부기맨
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2010, 01:43:50 PM »
Satellite channel BS Asahi is teaming up with electronics maker Panasonic to bring Japan its first regular 3D music show. Titled "Panasonic 3D MUSIC STUDIO," the show will air on Mondays through Fridays at 11:50pm-12:00am. Each week will feature a different artist, and each of those five 10-minute episodes will include performances of 1 or 2 songs.

The show's concept is to let viewers "thoroughly enjoy a private concert in their living room every night," as well as encourage the spread of 3D television sets (which Panasonic makes). With its late-night weekday time slot, however, BS Asahi and Panasonic are targeting older audiences.

Special programs have been aired in 3D before, but this will be Japan's first regular 3D program.

The show's first guest will be pop group SPEED, starting on November 1. According to the current schedule, the next guests (in order) will be Junichi Inagaki, Kosetsu Minami, Fuyumi Sakamoto, DA PUMP, Hiromi Iwasaki, and Shinji Tanimura. Thelma Aoyama is also said to be performing on the show, but the dates of her appearances have not been announced.
http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/ranking/80615/full/

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2010, 05:37:02 AM »
Let's see Uehara Takako in 3D hot pants!! new single LET'S HEAT UP!

funky daNCE MOVES!

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #66 on: December 29, 2010, 03:42:57 AM »

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #67 on: December 29, 2010, 06:40:53 AM »
Moonlight Honey

Offline pretend_2besome1

• The "C" Kite
  • Member+
  • WakaRei: So real it's unreal
« Reply #68 on: December 31, 2010, 07:14:16 PM »
Totally love Let's Heat Up! Can't stop playing it

Hiro doesn't look as skinny anymore  :lol:

Edit: I forgot, Happy new year guys!!  :)

TakaSemaru  :heart:

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #69 on: January 02, 2011, 08:53:09 AM »
Didn't like them as much as the other popular Okinawan foursome of the late 1990's, MAX but recall seeing them a bunch on Yoru Mo Hippare episodes and liking White Love and the drama LxIxVxE which had Hitoe and Eriko (if I recall correctly) playing high school students in a marching band (or something). 

While I think it might be extremely difficult to get back the popularity they once had, or even compare to the currently dominant girl groups after taking all those years off, they seem to be doing quite well.

Used to be all about Hitoe, but now I'm all about Hiro.  Never got much into Takako, although I can see why ppl like her.

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #70 on: January 02, 2011, 11:09:16 PM »
^^ Sigh, yes those 3 are all fine, but....you left out my fave! :O
 :heart:

Offline pretend_2besome1

• The "C" Kite
  • Member+
« Reply #71 on: January 03, 2011, 02:38:10 PM »
^ My fav also!  :twothumbs

The competition in Japan is hard it seems but as long as they're doing fine then it's okay. I just don't want them to ever disband again...

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #72 on: January 04, 2011, 09:36:27 AM »
I liked that "Eriko with Crunch" group she had.

Not sure how many videos I can embed so I'll just put the links if anyone hasn't seen them (in a while).

Eriko with Crunch - Red Beat of My Life

Eriko with Crunch - Luv is Magic

Eriko with Crunch - Tsumetaku shinaide

also liked:

hiro - Bright Daylight

Random: am I the only one to think Hitoe and Hyeoyon from SNSD are kind of similar?

Offline pretend_2besome1

• The "C" Kite
  • Member+
« Reply #73 on: January 06, 2011, 03:30:34 PM »
^ Haven't seen them in a while indeed. I like Luv is Magic and Bright Daylight, like the dance move and the song.

Hyoyeon and Hitoe? Never thought about it before.

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #74 on: January 07, 2011, 04:33:32 AM »
From what little I know about Hyeoyon, she seems to be the least popular girl and the best dancer kind of how I see Hitoe as being for SPEED.

Anyway, for those who haven't seen it, Hitoe's solo single.

Offline pretend_2besome1

• The "C" Kite
  • Member+
« Reply #75 on: January 14, 2011, 10:39:34 PM »
^ I thought you meant their faces  :nervous

But I guess when you put it that way, it's kinda true somewhat...

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2011, 10:49:43 PM »
Stumbled upon a few older CMs they did back in the 90's. :shocked

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2011, 12:13:44 AM »
Yoshino san, I really like all those old CM's, especially the ones with a SPEED song as the background:

Offline pretend_2besome1

• The "C" Kite
  • Member+
« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2011, 09:53:25 AM »
 :O So young, making me miss the old SPEED
Hitoe looks good with short hair and I want the watch in that CM XD

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #79 on: May 15, 2011, 08:10:24 AM »
 SPEED to perform at Tohoku charity live, “Sing for EAST”                                                           “Sing for East“, a charity live concert, has announced its fourth performing artist. Girl group SPEED will be joining ET-KING, Sukima Switch, and FUNKY MONKEY BABYS for this event.

The concert will kick off at the Kobe International Hall on June 11th. Ticket sales and contributions will be donated to those in need who were affected by the March 11th earthquake through “24HRS TV“.

General ticket sales will start on May 29th at 10AM and are priced at ¥4,500 ($56 USD).

Source: Vision Factory

http://www.tokyohive.com/2011/05/speed-to-perform-at-tohoku-charity-live-sing-for-east/

JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Buono! - Winter Story