JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rumtag - Kaerimichi

Author Topic: Fujimoto Miki's marriage plans  (Read 10962 times)

Offline ASSEMblerEX

• Miki x Ai
  • Member+
Fujimoto Miki's marriage plans
« on: July 19, 2008, 08:37:21 AM »
http://www.chunichi.co.jp/chuspo/article/entertainment/news/CK2008071902000054.html

She talks about her relationship, fallout from the scandal,
her current career direction, relationship and marriage plans.
(She wants to have three children)

Congrats Miki.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 08:46:59 AM by ASSEMblerEX »

Offline doinkies

• Wotadoink
  • Member+
  • Reinadoinkies! <3
Re: Fujimoto Miki's marriage plans
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 09:20:06 AM »
Some tidbits from the interview:
-Miki isn't planning to get married right now, but wants to in the future
-She wants to continue her career after marriage because, in her words, "If I'm not working I'll die~. I like the work I'm doing now so I want to continue it."
-She was adamant that the recent direction of her career was her choice and she doesn't regret it.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 09:25:42 AM by doinkies »

Av and sig courtesy of genericpaperdoll! ~ H!P fangirl since 2001!
Click my dragons!

Offline sweeety

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 10:53:23 AM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I have a porcupine called zazoom, he leaves his scent on peoples' graves.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 11:32:19 AM »
They''re all falling under the marriage trap! :lol:

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 03:41:58 PM »
I'll be happy for her with whatever she wants to do (provided SHE is happy with it) but I would prefer the marriage plans to not be with the current guy :lol:

And 3 kids, awww! Miki as a mummy is too cute :heart:

Offline Kuja

• Member+
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2008, 03:45:00 PM »
So it seems like they have a pretty happy relationship going Miki and that guy? She'd make a beautiful wife and a mom, I'm supporting her!

Graphics by Miichan and Yangstars@soompi

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2008, 03:58:51 PM »
If she's happy, then I'm happy.

Offline Sazaki Ren

• Member+
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2008, 05:08:02 PM »
^Yup, me too. But it seems there's not much on the marriage actually being planned in the article. It's just Miki's plans for it - she's not going to be married for now. Though it's what I got from reading the article translated by nifty online translator - and you know how crappy online translators are. Anyways I'll be happy with whichever path Miki chooses.

Thanks to PHARADOX for the sign :wub:
My own Art Corner
My H!P Blog

Offline Kookyprincess22

• self-proclaimed youngest female on jph!p
  • Member+
  • rawr
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2008, 05:16:21 PM »
I will be happy for mikitty even if she's married. :otomerika:

I'm a ninja pirate.

Offline ASSEMblerEX

• Miki x Ai
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2008, 09:44:25 PM »
This is Japan we're talking about.. people don't even admit being boyfriend  / girlfriend openly to the press.
So in my estimation this is pretty much a declaration.

Offline Sazaki Ren

• Member+
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2008, 09:45:56 PM »
^Well maybe you're right. It doesn't matter as long as Miki's happy with it.

My own Art Corner
My H!P Blog

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2008, 09:49:31 PM »
maybe shouji mentioned something over dinner with her :p

anyway i don't even care if she is married or what, i'll still support

4th Pic of Eri courtesy of t-motion's gallery ~ Sangokushi Taisen anyone ? http://sangokutaisen.blogspot.com/ ~ Lame attempt at a personal blog ~

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2008, 10:35:53 PM »
I think it would only make her more beautiful, in my eyes. She'll be a great wife and mom. And I'm glad she wants to continue work after she settles down. Because I would die without her! :lol:
edit: Miki as a mom is such a cute thought! She claims to not know what to do with kids, but once she has her own, she'll figure it out! :wub:
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 10:38:31 PM by strawb3rrykream »

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2008, 01:43:13 AM »
Sheeesh, reading that topic gave me a little heart attack!
Good thing she is only talking about it and not getting married in two weeks (hopefully)
I know it's completely selfish to say this, but I don't want her to get married, at least not to that guy.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2008, 04:40:07 AM »
Good thing she is only talking about it and not getting married in two weeks (hopefully)
Lucky you, I read it and had a big one.
:dizzy:

I know it's completely selfish to say this, but I don't want her to get married, at least not to that guy.
She should marry me instead.
:hee: :wahaha:

EDIT: Link to a translation of the article, curtosey of hurtwou and mister.mori
An enjoyable interview

Read mister.mori's translation at H-Online

« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 05:32:30 AM by JFC »

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2008, 05:39:48 AM »
Great, so marriage is now mutual between the two. :lol:

Offline Tako

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2008, 07:48:46 AM »

Yeah, me too.
I skimmed through the article, but no biggie.

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2008, 01:03:33 PM »
-She wants to continue her career after marriage because, in her words, "If I'm not working I'll die~. I like the work I'm doing now so I want to continue it."

Is that what she meant? She just said she doesn't want to become a housewife, so I took it as she doesn't want to get married yet because her job is more important to her at the moment. But I guess what you said goes better with her saying, if she wasn't working she'll die.

This is one of the reasons I have so much trouble with Japanese...

Offline Sazaki Ren

• Member+
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2008, 02:20:30 PM »
^There's lots and lots of different means of translation. It all depends on the context of the saying, on who said it and it depends on a lot more peculiarities. And Japanese language is sometimes hard to translate into proper English... So we never now what she actually said and meant by saying this - translation into another language almost always distorts the actual meaning.  :bigdeal:

My own Art Corner
My H!P Blog

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2008, 03:43:40 PM »
I interpreted it like doinkies did.

Even if she got married (and had three kids), she wouldn't quit her career.

JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rumtag - Kaerimichi