JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: B`z - Hadashi no Megami

Author Topic: (Artist) Nakagawa Shoko  (Read 383866 times)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Re: (Artist) Nakagawa Shoko
« Reply #1420 on: May 05, 2009, 09:16:09 AM »
Happy Birthday, Shokotan! :twothumbs

DOWNLOAD

I'm going to be cheering really hard in JCB Hall today even if I get sick and die from it!!
Hopefully Shokotan refreshes the set list a bit like she did in the last Osaka concert with Gozen Roku-ji
Thanks again for your epic reports! :thumbsup

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #1421 on: May 05, 2009, 10:32:11 AM »
^Cool, Marty Friedman (my hero) is there too! And the guy from idoling!!! + the Rei Okamoto commercial at the end.. great!

Happy birthday Shokotan!!! 

Hope you enjoy TWiz!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 12:14:12 PM by BarrieV »

Offline Timewizard21

• Member+
« Reply #1422 on: May 06, 2009, 04:46:30 AM »
The concert in JCB Hall had a huge turnout even though it was raining really hard that day
I heard a lot of famous Japanese idols were there too but I didn't know most of them
Most of them were sitting on the 1st floor balcony

During the MC after ShinyGATE, they brought out a cake with Sukashikashipan man and everyone sang Happy Birthday to Shokotan
It looks like Sobakasu is replaced with Gozen Roku-ji now in the set list since Shokotan sang it again
Also during the part for Strawberry melody, Shokotan came out sitting on a giant cake that said "LEVEL 24" and had candles around it
During the video for the costume change between Kimi ni Meroron and Tsuzuku Sekai
They added some of Shokotan's blog pictures, most of them were pictures of fan
The picture of me and Niigacha fighting was one of them lol
For 2 songs, they also popped confetti on top of the audience

Then at one point, Shokotan made an announcement that she is going to perform in Budokan on October 24
I'm getting asked by a bunch of people to come back for it since it's sure to be a really big performance ;;

During the encore, the audience started singing Sorairo days to call Shokotan back out
She sang the second anisong medley with Macaron Holiday and Ivy
At the end, after taking pictures of the audience for her blog and throwing out presents, Shokotan didn't seem to want to leave the stage and started singing Namida no Tane, Egao no Hana karaoke style

I think that's all I can remember from the concert last night
I definitely want to be able to go to the concert in Budokan on Oct 24 since it's sure to be huge but the date seems so close to be coming back already ;;

Edit:  A lot of news and pictures of the birthday concert
The pictures probably explain things better than my explanations of some of the things
Next concert is in 4 hours!!

http://natalie.mu/news/show/id/16194
http://www.barks.jp/news/?id=1000049154
http://news.livedoor.com/article/detail/4140313/
http://www.sanspo.com/geino/news/090506/gnj0905060503008-n1.htm
http://sankei.jp.msn.com/entertainments/music/090506/msc0905060900000-n1.htm
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 05:12:54 AM by Timewizard21 »

Offline Timewizard21

• Member+
« Reply #1423 on: May 06, 2009, 04:11:36 PM »
More news links

There are also articles in the newspapers today
This one has a video with a preview of the concert and an interview

http://www.jiji.com/jc/c?g=ent2_ent2&k=g090539&j1
Video
しょこたん、祝LEVEL24!武道館ライブも決定

The concert today was basic compared to the one yesterday
During the encore, Shokotan sang the second anisong medley again which seems to be more popular with the audience than the first anisong medley
One difference this time though was that she sang the Creamy Mami OP as well during the medley
Shokotan was also cosplaying as Sheryl Nome
A lot of jumping and shouting both days made my throat really sore and I only got 5 hours of sleep between concerts but I'm still not tired of going to them :D

Magical Tour isn't over yet but I'm already planning to go to Shokotan's concert in Budokan
It's a short time away to be coming back but I'm going to really regret it if I don't go
I'm not sure if it's just 1 concert or another tour yet but hopefully I see Shokotan's manager again and ask him

Also I bought 8 copies of Namida no Tane, Egao no Hana (4 CD/DVD, 2CD, 2 ANIME)
They were giving away free posters for every CD you buy after the concert at Osaka and Tokyo
I'm tempted to buy more just for the posters but trying to hold back
I might buy more in Nagoya if they're still giving away posters
I have second row seats for the concert in Nagoya!!

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #1424 on: May 07, 2009, 12:24:27 PM »
^2nd row, nice!

Just found out that Yukirin (AKB48) is a fan of Shokotan!!

That's Kashiwagi Yuki on the left next to Shokotan.

Offline Timewizard21

• Member+
« Reply #1425 on: May 08, 2009, 01:03:04 PM »
I saw some of the idols while they were leaving the concert hall to staff only area
Some fans managed to get quick autographs from some of them
Unfortunately I don't know most of them ;;
I did recognized Yukari Fukui (seiyuu for Nia from GL) and Ryota Yamasato (comedian) though

I managed to find a brand new first press copy of "snow tears" while searching around a bunch of music stores
Really happy since my original first press copy is opened and damaged (bought it before I was a hardcore fan so didn't care at the time)
I'm still going around to see what other Shokotan stuff I can pick up :D

Also new concert merchandise are added for the extra performances!!

Offline Timewizard21

• Member+
« Reply #1426 on: May 09, 2009, 03:50:13 PM »
Some TV performances on YouTube of Namida no Tane, Egao no Hana

M-LIVE
中川翔子 涙の種、笑顔の花 & 緊急撮影会トーク Syoko Nakagawa
Music Station
〔HD〕 中川翔子 涙の種、笑顔の花
Music Fighter
[HQ] 中川翔子 - 涙の種、笑顔の花 (LIVE @ MUSIC FIGHTER 音楽戦士)
Music Fair
S-H-O-K-O

There was also performances on Music Japan and Melodix but I can't find them on YouTube
I'll upload them later if it doesn't eventually get uploaded

Today I managed to find a used limited edition copy of Shokotan's first concert DVD
It was a bargain for what I got it for (2900 yen) since it was practically brand new, the disc was mint and it still came with all the special stuff
Not to mention that it's also out of print
I have one already but the cover is scratched up and the case is cracked so this will be perfect to replace it
I also managed to find a brand new copy of ShinyGATE CD/DVD version for only 380 yen lol
I bought it even though I already have 6 copies since it was so cheap

I bought so much Shokotan stuff the last few days
I'm still contemplating whether or not I should get the huge cardboard cut out of Shokotan pointing up (like the Kamina pose)
Thinking about having it sounds more awesome than any Shokotan stuff that I already have :(
It's 18600 yen though and I'm still scared that I might not be able to take it home since it's too big
I seriously need to start saving up again so I can come back for Budokan

Tomorrow is the concert in Nagoya!!
I bought 30 ultra intensive orange glow sticks for this (they last only 3 - 5 minutes so need to refresh a new one for every song!!)
I practiced all the main choreography as well including Sherbert Iro no Toki after studying it from some other Shokotan fans
I know most of the calls, my friend is sitting beside me and he knows all of the calls and yells extremely loud so I don't need to worry too much
Also bought a heart shaped glow stick for Milky Kiss and Through the looking glass lol
And a giza mimi pichu headband for the Pokemon song :D
I'm going to cheer even harder than in JCB Hall!!

Also after the concert tomorrow
There is an event limited to FC members with tickets to the concert to be able to meet Shokotan for a handshake meeting!!
They're taking applications tomorrow before the concert so I'm not sure how limited it is :(
http://www.shokotan.jp/fan/index.php

Offline Blu-Cherri

• Figure of Sorrow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Figure of Loneliness
« Reply #1427 on: May 09, 2009, 05:47:27 PM »
eeep Maki and Asuka(APs desingers) went to see shokotan in concert! :o
They said she performs in some AP clothes, must.see.pictures.
(translated blog entry http://visual-addicts.net/?p=588 )

set made by me
Here's me singing and dancing!
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=15604.0

Offline GigantoShokofan

« Reply #1428 on: May 10, 2009, 12:02:48 AM »
 XD Hi everyone! I'm new to JPHIP. I just had to join because I've never seen so many shokotan fans in one English forum. Unfortunately I can't really read Japanese (although I'm trying to learn) which is sad because I love Shokotan. I want to thank you guys for posting so much cool stuff!   :inlove:
When I heard Shokotan was playing Budokan in October I almost fainted because I am finally able to travel Japan with some money saved up and I'm going to make sure to schedule my trip in Oct.
Can someone tell me what specific day it's going to be on? I think I made out something on a Japanese blog about Oct 24(?) Is that right? I really want to get some of her merchandise and of course see her.
I'm from LA is anyone else here from LA too?

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #1429 on: May 10, 2009, 10:37:53 AM »
^Welcome to tha JPH!P  :) Can't help you with the concert date.

Plenty people from LA here, check the MM in LA thread: http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=18472.0
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 12:06:24 PM by BarrieV »

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #1430 on: May 10, 2009, 11:16:58 AM »
Some TV performances on YouTube of Namida no Tane, Egao no Hana
Thanks for the videos! Shokotan's looking lovely :wub:

XD Hi everyone! I'm new to JPHIP. I just had to join because I've never seen so many shokotan fans in one English forum. Unfortunately I can't really read Japanese (although I'm trying to learn) which is sad because I love Shokotan. I want to thank you guys for posting so much cool stuff!   :inlove:
Welcome to JPH!P, GigantoShokofan! :welcome

Offline starry01482

• Member+
« Reply #1431 on: May 10, 2009, 04:09:30 PM »
^2nd row, nice!

Just found out that Yukirin (AKB48) is a fan of Shokotan!!

That's Kashiwagi Yuki on the left next to Shokotan.

I think Shoko did a piece on tv on them while they were possibly not so famous.    Shoko was in the audience at one of their performances and then got up revealing herself and the audience erupted lol.  Then she spoke to them afterwards and they seemed excited to see her, particularly one of them it seemed who may have been a fan (although I don't understand Japanese so I don't know what was said).

Offline Timewizard21

• Member+
« Reply #1432 on: May 10, 2009, 11:36:55 PM »
When I heard Shokotan was playing Budokan in October I almost fainted because I am finally able to travel Japan with some money saved up and I'm going to make sure to schedule my trip in Oct.
Can someone tell me what specific day it's going to be on? I think I made out something on a Japanese blog about Oct 24(?) Is that right? I really want to get some of her merchandise and of course see her.
I'm from LA is anyone else here from LA too?

She said it was going to be on Oct 24th during her birthday concert.
It`s also listed on Shokotan`s homepage as Oct 24th but there`s a plus or minus sign so I guess the dates can still vary.

The concert in Nagoya was a bit more unique than the others
I had second row seats but close to the right side so I was right by the speakers
It wasn`t that bad even though the speakers were really loud, it was an awesome view!
This concert was very emotional for Shokotan
She cried during the MC twice after thanking the fans and hearing the uproar from them
Also during Kimi ni Meroron, she coughed a few times and interrupted the song a bit
The audience still cheered her on when she started coughing
During the encore, the audience also  started singing Sorairo Days again like during the birthday concert
Shokotan came out cosplaying as Miku Hatsune
She also sang an extra song for the anisong medley again (I forgot what it was :( )
After the anisong, she decided to sing Sorairo Days again
The instrumentals stopped halfway through the song for some reason which was kind of funny
Before the curtains was about to close, Shokotan started singing Namie karaoke style again

After the concert was the fan club event where pictures were taken for a wallpaper or something and a handshake from Shokotan
Unfortunately there was at least 500 fan club members present so everything was very rushed
Shokotan came out to pose in the picture still in costume of Miku Hatsune
Then everyone started lining up to get a handshake from Shokotan and a Sukashikashipan man cookie present
It was very rushed but I got a 1 second handshake from Shokotan and got to say "otsukaresama!!"
Everything went by so fast so it was hard to say anything else lol

After the FC event, I went to dinner with some fans
Shokotan sent a voicemail message to everyone`s phone thanking and apologizing to everyone
She was crying very hard in the message
Some people got very emotional and touched about the message and started crying
I heard the message and it did sound very sad, I wanted to cry too :(
I might be able to get a recording for it
The last Magical Tour concert is in NHK Hall next week!!
I can't believe it's almost done already
The concert days go by so fast
I believe the concert in NHK Hall will be recorded for the DVD release as well!!

Also the extra concert tour goods is basically extra sheets for the Magical Tour pamphlet book with pictures from the concerts
It also includes memo sheets to write things on and 3 photos from the birthday concert
The other goods is a cellphone strap of clione Mamitasu which is quite expensive
It didn't stop me from buying 2 though since it's so KAWAYUSU
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 08:31:40 AM by Timewizard21 »

Offline GigantoShokofan

« Reply #1433 on: May 11, 2009, 02:08:02 AM »
The other goods is a cellphone strap of clione Mamitasu which is quite expensive
It didn't stop me from buying 2 though since it's so KAWAYUSU

I absolutely want that Clione Mamitasu phone strap!!! It's frikin' adorable!!!! The kawayusu makes up for the price. WWWwwww
All of her merch is really kawayusu....I hope she has most of the same merch available for her Budokan concert.

THANK YOU GUYS FOR THE WARM WELCOME!  :heart:

Offline Timewizard21

• Member+
« Reply #1434 on: May 12, 2009, 02:20:44 AM »
I absolutely want that Clione Mamitasu phone strap!!! It's frikin' adorable!!!! The kawayusu makes up for the price. WWWwwww
All of her merch is really kawayusu....I hope she has most of the same merch available for her Budokan concert.

THANK YOU GUYS FOR THE WARM WELCOME!  :heart:

I don't mind getting one for you at the next concert if you send me money for it.  It will probably be very rare and hard to get after the concert unless they have a lot leftover or something.  Thinking about it makes me want to get even more. 

Today after searching through more music stores, I finally found a copy of Sorairo Days CD ANIME version!!
It's been out of print for a while so it was very hard to find  
I have the US version but the US version is dumb lol
This is the one that also comes with the Yoko cosplay book
My Shokotan CD and DVD collection is finally complete!!
... except for some first press editions :(
I'm only missing the first press of Brilliant Dream (which comes with a calendar card) and the first anisong album (only DVD version, I have first press CD version which almost comes with the same things)

Offline GigantoShokofan

« Reply #1435 on: May 12, 2009, 03:40:52 AM »
I don't mind getting one for you at the next concert if you send me money for it.  It will probably be very rare and hard to get after the concert unless they have a lot leftover or something.  Thinking about it makes me want to get even more. 

TimeWizard that is very kind of you! I would hate to bother you but when it comes to Shokotan stuff I am going to have to accept  :w00t: I can't take that risk of not seeing Clionetasu ever again.  :shocked

:thumbsup Congrats on completing your Shokotan collection.
I'm still working on mine. It is extremely hard to find First Press items especially when you don't live in Japan.
I also have the US version of "Sorairo Days". Nothing really special about it so I don't even think it can be called First Press.

Offline Timewizard21

• Member+
« Reply #1436 on: May 12, 2009, 01:12:07 PM »

TimeWizard that is very kind of you! I would hate to bother you but when it comes to Shokotan stuff I am going to have to accept  :w00t: I can't take that risk of not seeing Clionetasu ever again.  :shocked

:thumbsup Congrats on completing your Shokotan collection.
I'm still working on mine. It is extremely hard to find First Press items especially when you don't live in Japan.
I also have the US version of "Sorairo Days". Nothing really special about it so I don't even think it can be called First Press.

I don't mind helping out other Shokotan fans.  It's the hospitality of the fans that allowed me to come to Magical Tour so I'm glad to do the same things they did for me.

I asked some people today what the additional song Shokotan sang during the medley in the Nagoya concert was and no one actually knew.  They actually suspect that it might have been Kokoro no Antenna.  Shokotan literally just jumped out and sang it instead of introducing the anisong medley like normal so don't really know for sure.  It did sound really familiar though.  I should have asked when I was around more fans after the concert but I was too busy eating the cookie that Shokotan gave to everyone.  They were surprised that I ate my cookie too because they said they actually kept it, took pictures of it and put it in their freezers to preserve it.  The cookie was very good though  :cry: 

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #1437 on: May 12, 2009, 01:54:11 PM »
^Don't feel bad about eating the cookie  :) Keeping memorabilia is great, but all food will disappear sooner or later anyway. I had a collection of chocolate easter bunnies when I was younger. They were well pack and stuff, but after some time they were crawling with bugs  :lol:  Anyway, Shokotan would've wanted you to eat it  :)

Offline GigantoShokofan

« Reply #1438 on: May 13, 2009, 08:57:05 PM »
 ;) Don't feel bad! If Shokotan didn't want you to eat it she would have not had them make them so good. Relish the fact that you are the only Donyoku fan to have tasted the awesome deliciousness of the cookie!! wwWWwww

Offline GigantoShokofan

« Reply #1439 on: May 16, 2009, 05:12:08 AM »
 Shokotan got a shot! eeep!

:( I hope her sore throat gets better.

The last concert is tomorrow.
Ganbatte Shoko!!!! I wish I could be there! Last concert of the Magical Tour.... :cry:

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: B`z - Hadashi no Megami