JPHiP Radio (28/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Namie Amuro - FUNKY TOWN

Author Topic: (Artist) Nakagawa Shoko  (Read 383952 times)

Offline Timewizard21

• Member+
Re: (Artist) Nakagawa Shoko
« Reply #1440 on: May 16, 2009, 08:15:13 AM »
Shokotan got a shot! eeep!

:( I hope her sore throat gets better.

The last concert is tomorrow.
Ganbatte Shoko!!!! I wish I could be there! Last concert of the Magical Tour.... :cry:

Yes, Shokotan has been sick for a while which was why she started coughing during the concert in Nagoya and wearing a mask everywhere.
One of the fans saw her on the Shinkansen and said Shokotan had trouble talking too.
Shokotan even had to go to the hospital a few days ago and get an injection on her throat.
All the fans are praying for her to get better right now.  Even making a senbazuru and Namie flowers to wish for a recovery.
I'm spending the day making my portion of the cranes right now.

Tomorrow is the last concert in NHK Hall
I heard it's going to be really busy for everyone!!
There will even be an extra performance for fan club members after the concert
I'm going to try cosplaying!!
I can't believe it's the last one already too
Eight concerts went by so fast ;;
I'll be sure to cheer my hardest for this one
I feel like crying since it's almost over ;;

Offline starry01482

• Member+
« Reply #1441 on: May 16, 2009, 11:09:18 AM »
Was the cookie one of those sand dollar cookies that were made (I think after her suggestion or inspired by her)?  There was a news story about those cookies a while back that I may have posted here.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 11:14:34 AM by starry01482 »

Offline Timewizard21

• Member+
« Reply #1442 on: May 16, 2009, 02:26:53 PM »
Was the cookie one of those sand dollar cookies that were made (I think after her suggestion or inspired by her)?  There was a news story about those cookies a while back that I may have posted here.

No, those were buns and they're out of production.
Nowhere sells them anymore. ;;
The cookies Shokotan gave out in Nagoya were specially made.
There was actually 2 different ones, one kind of looked like a clione (mine broke so I couldn't tell) and the other one was a sand dollar (this one was delicious!!)
Here's a picture of the sand dollar one posted on Shokotan's blog

I think they still have a lot left over since they're offering to send more through the mail to fan club members.

A lot of fans are speculating that it might rain tomorrow ;;
It rained during both concerts at JCB Hall including the birthday concert and weather reports have been saying that it will be very cloudy
It also started raining a little bit today
I hope it doesn't rain ;;
The meeting place for JCB Hall was kind of ruined because of the rain ;;
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 06:07:57 PM by Timewizard21 »

Offline Timewizard21

• Member+
« Reply #1443 on: May 18, 2009, 06:06:44 PM »
It rained a bit in the morning yesterday but luckily it stopped in the afternoon.
This last meeting place was a bit sad for me since it was the last time I would meet most of the DONYOKU fans ;;
The meeting place seemed like it had a lot more people than any of the previous concerts since it wasn't raining.
There was also a festival going on right beside the concert hall and a lot of tourists came over to take pictures of the cosplayers
I actually tried cosplaying as Hatsune Miku too and a lot of people were surprised
I was cosplaying throughout the whole concert too which was a bad idea, I should have changed since it was hard to jump around in a costume

As for the concert itself, it was basically the same as most of the other concerts with a few differences.
This was definitely the one filmed for the DVD as there were cameras everywhere.
The set list was the same as previous concerts (Gozen Roku-ji still replaces Sobakasu).
However during the encore, Shokotan sang every anisong during the medley that she sang before.
Edit: The song that my friends thought was Kokoro no Antenna was actually something else (still unidentified though)
Kokoro no Antenna was previewed on radio and it sounded completely different apparently.
It was on radio after the concert but I didn't hear it because of dinner and karaoke ;;
The audience also called Shokotan out by singing Sorairo Days so Shokotan decided to sing Sorairo Days again during the encore.
Shokotan tried getting the audience to sing with her which kind of failed since I think it was improvised.
The band stopped playing at some parts since they were a bit conused lol
After the last song (Ivy) the concert was over but the audience tried to call Shokotan back out again by singing Namie.
Half the audience even took out flowers and waved them around.
Shokotan came back out and started singing Namie again but karaoke style along with the audience as well.
Overall this concert was better than the typical ones but my favorites are the ones at JCB Hall and Nagoya.

I was wrong about the extra stuff for fan club members at this concert.
Fan club members got a special card (the size of a business card) with pictures and words from Shokotan.

Also I forgot, during the costume change between Kimi ni Meroron and Tsuzuku Sekai
There was a presentation showing pictures of the fans at the meeting places from the first concert in Toda on 3/25 all the way to the last concert in Nagoya on 5/10.
It was a really touching presentation added to the last concert ;;
They also blasted confetti during Calling Location again and I managed to get some :D

Anyways, overall Magical Tour was very great
Not only because of Shokotan's concert but because of the DONYOKU fans as well
I would definitely come back just to meet the fans again since they're as awesome as Shokotan!!
Most of the fans live all over Japan and have to travel far to reach some of the meeting places as well!!
The fans even compiled an album showing pictures of me at every meeting place and doing random things in between concerts.
At the end, they all wrote messages ;;
One thing that stood out at the end of the photo album was BUDOKAN
I will definitely come back for Budokan, even if for only one or two days!!

DON☆YOKU!!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 05:19:59 PM by Timewizard21 »

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #1444 on: May 19, 2009, 01:03:12 PM »
^Thanks to your reports I decide to watch my '08 Shoko concert dvd again and it was awesome. I forgot how much I liked some of these songs. In addition, I was looking in the front insert and found a sticker! I didn't know it came with a sticker  :lol:

Offline Timewizard21

• Member+
« Reply #1445 on: May 19, 2009, 05:35:49 PM »
I found the radio broadcast thanks to some fans
It's actually a soft and slow melody!!!

心のアンテナ

I still wonder what that song she sang during Magical Tour was ><

Offline GigantoShokofan

« Reply #1446 on: May 21, 2009, 05:28:35 AM »
Thanks for the vid TimeWizard!

I'm a big Macross fan so I'm going to take a wild shot in the dark here....

Shokotan cosplayed this version of Ranka Lee...sooo is this the famous mystery song?
I love this song.

Macross Frontier Ranka Lee Seikan Hikou

Offline Timewizard21

• Member+
« Reply #1447 on: May 21, 2009, 03:23:59 PM »
Thanks for the vid TimeWizard!

I'm a big Macross fan so I'm going to take a wild shot in the dark here....

Shokotan cosplayed this version of Ranka Lee...sooo is this the famous mystery song?
I love this song.

No, that's not the song that's the mystery song but Seikan Hikou is one of the songs that was in the original anisong medley.
She even did the Seikan Hikou dance and a lot of people in the audience knew how to do the dance too.  XD
She sang so much songs during the last anisong medley that it's hard to remember all of them.
See it on the DVD!!

Edit: I found out what the song is, the song is called ETERNAL BLAZE from an anime called Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha
I fail for not recognizing it earlier since it was one of the songs that was played in the karaoke party I went to after the concert (we recreated the concert in karaoke lol)

I feel bad for not watching Macross Frontier at all before going to the tour
I watched the first episode though and I'm already addicted to Ranka Lee's nyan nyan dance
I even went on Shokoland chat and told everyone including Mika, who went on a bit after too, that I was going to cosplay as Ranka Lee for Budokan!!

YES I GIZA

Shokotan went on after too which I heard was a really rare occurrence!!
She was surprised to see me in the chat room and said thank you in English
I was too scared to say a lot of things but the other fans in the room ended up showing Shokotan the video of me singing in karaoke on YouTube
I ended up screaming (in chat lol) because I didn't even know about the video
Shokotan even told me to calm down lol

I went to Nakano Broadway yesterday too and was planning to buy the Ranka Lee costume but my friends told me it is probably better to wait until I come back for Budokan to buy it (since I keep changing my mind ;;)
It turned out Shokotan was at Nakano Broadway around the same time as us too but we never saw her
Shokotan blogged about buying things on the 4th floor in Mandarake yesterday but we were looking around the cosplay and idol shops on the 3rd floor :(

Also, Ichikawa hinted about a big event this summer for Shokotan after the concert in NHK Hall
Shokotan is the cupid mascot for Tokyo Dome City amusement park (kourakuen) which is right beside JCB Hall and MEETS PORT
She dressed up for an interview as the "Love GIZA Cupid"
It's based on a clione!!
Shokotan even said she dreamed of kissing on top of the sky flower (one of the attractions)
She posted pictures of it on her blog a few times before!!

Main website: http://koi-katsu.jp/

More pictures and news links:
http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/deview/66285/
http://www.sanspo.com/geino/news/090520/gnj0905201808028-n1.htm
http://news.walkerplus.com/2009/0520/11/
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/komachi/news/mixnews/20090520ok0b.htm
http://www.sponichi.co.jp/entertainment/flash/KFullFlash20090520061.html
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 04:07:31 AM by Timewizard21 »

Offline GigantoShokofan

« Reply #1448 on: May 22, 2009, 12:27:14 AM »
 XD WHOa! Sexy Shokotan...
Her outfit is so cute!

Sugoi!  :w00t: You chatted with Shokotan. wwWWwww she told you to calm down. heheheh. Can I see the karaoke video?..I bet you were awesome.
You were so close to Shokotan and didn't realize it! It's funny how stuff turns out. bummer :(

It's funny you should mention a Ranka Lee cosplay..I was getting a Ranka cosplay ready for Budokan. I'm cosplaying the yellow dress she wears on the first episode. I can't wait to see your cosplay TimeWizard :thumbsup

Hey..is the Tokyo Dome city amusement park the one that comes out in the "Fuyu no Yuenchi" video? I really want to go there when I go to Japan.

Offline Timewizard21

• Member+
« Reply #1449 on: May 22, 2009, 03:16:21 AM »
Sugoi!  :w00t:  You chatted with Shokotan. wwWWwww she told you to calm down. heheheh. Can I see the karaoke video?..I bet you were awesome.

You were so close to Shokotan and didn't realize it! It's funny how stuff turns out. bummer  :(

I'm heading home soon and Shokotan wrote a blog entry about it ;;

http://blog.excite.co.jp/shokotan/2873083/

I think she read the blog entries of the Shokotan fans I went adventuring with
The picture is inside a restaurant in Ikebukuro that Shokotan ate at before (we even sat at the same seats!!)
Shokotan even mentioned about the karaoke video on YouTube  XD
I'm too scared to show it though so don't ask me to link it  :(
I'm trying to make everyone forget the video lol
I was nervous and my voice was croaky from all the screaming at the birthday concert in JCB Hall
Shokoland chat was awesome too, a lot of people came on including Mika
Mika offered to send a message directly to Shokotan for me as a gift!!
I basically just said that all Shokotan fans are the best and I want to come back for Budokan!!! (and cosplay as Ranka Lee but I told her to leave this out)
Everyone was really awesome
We stayed up until 6AM in the morning chatting!!
The chat itself was really touching for me too ;;
I felt like crying because of what everyone said
Magical Tour and going to Japan was really life changing!!
I met so much people and made eternal friends!!
Sweet memories of Magical Tour too!!
I will never forget!! (except the karaoke video and Hatsune Miku cosplay)
I will definitely try hard to save money to go back for Budokan and the next concert tour!!
Hopefully see more fans outside of Japan attend too!!

DON☆YOKU

It's funny you should mention a Ranka Lee cosplay..I was getting a Ranka cosplay ready for Budokan. I'm cosplaying the yellow dress she wears on the first episode. I can't wait to see your cosplay TimeWizard :thumbsup

I was planning to  cosplay the costume in the chinese outfite with the apron.  I'm probably going to change my mind by Budoukan though.  Even the Hatsune Miku costume was an impulsive choice.

Hey..is the Tokyo Dome city amusement park the one that comes out in the "Fuyu no Yuenchi" video? I really want to go there when I go to Japan.

I think the cover jacket (CD version) might be kourakuen but the PV itself was shot at Seibu Yuuenchi.  I went to Seibu Yuuenchi and it was small and really depopulated.  It wasn't hard to find where all the scenes were shot.  We even tried to re-enact some of the scenes in the PV!!  I will definitely come back to Seibu Yuuenchi again to ride the kanransha (Ferris wheel) with other fans who haven't been to Seibu Yuuenchi before.  I kept talking about the kanransha on Shokoland chat and promised to ride it with everyone when I come back!!

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #1450 on: May 23, 2009, 09:00:16 PM »
Thanks for the concert reports Timewizard21! I have really enjoyed reading them :)

CUTiE (May 2009)

Offline Timewizard21

• Member+
« Reply #1451 on: May 26, 2009, 05:58:46 PM »
Magical Tour is just a memory for everyone now :(
Even leaving Japan was tougher than I thought it would be
I was surprised by a bunch of DONYOKU fans at the airport (I didn't expect so much people to show up either :cry: )
We had one last dinner at Fujiya restaurant before I had to go home
It was really sad seeing them for the last time
They even stayed back and waited for the plane to take off while waving glow sticks and playing Shokotan music in the back too (they sent me an email and a picture of it  :cry: )
Shokotan fans are truly DONYOKU!!

It was really sad that day but as one of the fans put it
I sowed my seed of tears that day
I have to come back (Budokan!!!!!!!) to see it bloom into a flower of smile

It's a lame Namie reference but it makes me appreciate the song even more and see how awesome it is
It's the song that will remind me most of Magical Tour
Kokoro no Antenna probably won't be as big as a hit as Namie but I am still looking forward to it as well
Luckily I can still talk to the DONYOKU fans through email and chat so we still have close connections
Everyone must work hard for Budokan!!

Offline Timewizard21

• Member+
« Reply #1452 on: May 28, 2009, 07:35:22 AM »
Shokotan made a pixiv account and posted her artwork
You can see her gallery here (you need to make an account first)

http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=591717

Offline GigantoShokofan

« Reply #1453 on: June 01, 2009, 02:04:20 AM »
Ah cool..thanks TimeWizard. I'm going to try to sign up for this today as my reading skills are even more minimal than my speaking. eep. Her artwork is so kawayasu!  :wub:

Hey is it true? they have already started a presale/lottery for Budokan tix?  :w00t: So I guess it is going to be on the 24th of October if they are already going to start selling them.

http://blog.excite.co.jp/shokotan/2873321/

*sigh* I wish it would be possible for me to join her fan club  :cry:

« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 02:16:55 AM by GigantoShokofan »

Offline Timewizard21

• Member+
« Reply #1454 on: June 02, 2009, 04:28:35 AM »
Ah cool..thanks TimeWizard. I'm going to try to sign up for this today as my reading skills are even more minimal than my speaking. eep. Her artwork is so kawayasu!  :wub:

Hey is it true? they have already started a presale/lottery for Budokan tix?  :w00t: So I guess it is going to be on the 24th of October if they are already going to start selling them.

http://blog.excite.co.jp/shokotan/2873321/

*sigh* I wish it would be possible for me to join her fan club  :cry:

I think the lottery for fan club tickets are being done early
October 24th is probably the definite date
I am definitely planning to go
I already miss everyone from Magical Tour :(
One of the US fans I met at AX08 said she was going to go too!!
The cost will be significantly less since it's 1 concert but I already spent a lot going to Magical Tour
I will work hard to be able to go back!!

It's possible to join the official fan club if you can get a Japanese address for registration
I was able to join even though I didn't live in Japan but had to use a friend's address in Japan to register
They send things like the newsletter and fan club card through the mail so I don't think it's possible to get it sent outside of Japan unless you can get someone else to do it for you

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #1455 on: June 02, 2009, 03:07:15 PM »

Offline GigantoShokofan

« Reply #1456 on: June 03, 2009, 12:43:46 AM »
Masa! Thanks for the Shokorita  :)
I don't have time to watch it right now but I will later. It looks like there's a lot of cosplay! kawayasu! XD

I'm really excited about the concert!!!

I can't wait to meet you and all of the Donyoku fans TimeWizard.

I don't know anyone from Japan right now..
Maybe in the future I can join the fan club  :) That would be awesome.

I'm alittle worried about how I will go about buying tickets for the concert :wth

Offline Timewizard21

• Member+
« Reply #1457 on: June 04, 2009, 03:46:12 PM »
Shokotan is having a live concert in Hong Kong!!!
http://www.shokotan.jp/hongkong2009/
http://blog.excite.co.jp/shokotan/2873464/
http://www.ani-com.hk/front.htm

It looks like a convention event similar to Anime Expo last year.
The event is called 11th ACGHK (Anime Comic Game Hong Kong)
Does anyone know anything about this event?

I really want to go but this event will be very expensive!!
I already spent a lot of money going to Magical Tour otherwise I would definitely go to the live in Hong Kong
If only I didn't live so far away :(
Expensive airfare is the only thing holding me back ;;
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 05:23:20 PM by Timewizard21 »

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #1458 on: June 04, 2009, 05:49:41 PM »
^expensive airfare has been keeping me out of Japan my entire life  :(

Shokotan "Easy Piano Solo" sheet music available @ CDJapan: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=NEOIPS-642

1.    Brilliant Dream
2.    Strawberry Melody
3.    Sorairo Days
4.    Snow Tears
5.    Tsuzuku Sekai
6.    Through the Looking Glass
7.    Shiny GATE
8.    Kirei Alamode
9.    Namida no Tane, Egao no Hana

Kinda stupid that they made this a piano book. A book with complete band tabs would've been better imo. And only nine songs.. at least it's cheap!  XD

Offline Timewizard21

• Member+
« Reply #1459 on: June 04, 2009, 10:41:22 PM »

Shokotan "Easy Piano Solo" sheet music available @ CDJapan: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=NEOIPS-642

I have that book lol
It was released at the same time as Namie
I picked it up even though I don't know how to play the piano anymore
Maybe I can start self-teaching myself just to play Shokotan songs :D
Must be DONYOKU!!

I found out more info about the upcoming Hong Kong Live
It is a convention just like Anime Expo last year
Shokotan is going to sing a concert on Saturday ( 8/1 )
There might be autograph sessions too!!
It also seems like she might also judge some of the contests (I think there's cosplay and singing)
This feels like Anime Expo all over again, just really really far this time

It doesn't seem like most of the fans I met in Magical Tour are going because of the high cost as well
The schedule is also very short for Giza Pinku applications  ( 7/31 ~ 8/2 )
I still wish I can go :(

Oh well, there's still Budoukan to look forward to in October which will be many times bigger than the Hong Kong Live!!
Tickets for Budoukan are being sold in a lottery on Monday!!

JPHiP Radio (28/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Namie Amuro - FUNKY TOWN