JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rurika Yokoyama - PRECIOUS LOVE

Author Topic: [TV] FlashForward  (Read 8352 times)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
[TV] FlashForward
« on: October 01, 2009, 07:19:40 PM »

FlashForward is a science-fiction television series currently in production by ABC Studios for the 2009–2010 television season for ABC. It is based on the 1999 novel Flashforward by Canadian science fiction writer Robert J. Sawyer. It began airing on September 24, 2009 during the first hour of prime time.

A mysterious global event causes everyone on the planet to simultaneously lose consciousness for 2 minutes and 17 seconds (137 seconds), during which people worldwide see what may be visions of their lives approximately six months in the future, April 29, 2010. The event results in deaths from accidents and leaves the survivors wondering whether what they saw will happen.

IMDB Entry

FlashForward Trailer

Just watched the pilot this morning. Thought it was well done, certainly an interesting premise already raising questions of how and why it happened. ABC want another show with a cult following like Lost and it looks to tick all the boxes so far, they even have Penny and Charlie! XD Supposedly, they have it all planned out, from start to finish, even how to plot the seasons inbetween so they shouldn't be making it up as they go along. They can settle for 3 seasons, apparently, but 5-6 will supposedly give the show real depth.

It's promising, the special effects were well done, and what can I say? I'm a sucker for global catastrophy with a little hint of conspiracy. :D

Bonus points to anyone who's seen it and spotted the 'Lost' reference.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: [TV] FlashForward
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 07:40:53 PM »
Yeah I watched the pilot and it seemed really promising! I'm not crazy about the lead guy but whatever. Waiting for DOMDOM :D
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 10:33:17 PM »
people are predicting its tied in with lost, and that would be pretty awesome =P  but i highly doubt it.

Because its from ABC it feels totally like Lost, except its a different story.  Which isnt a bad thing to me.  I'm sure they're banking on it being the new Lost once Lost is done.

When Penny was like, "i was falling for another man" or whatever, i was like, "It's Desmond!" haha

John Cho can't act though... i'm a fan but, his angry asshole is not believable.
word.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 09:22:24 AM »
The slow progress is making me frustrated with this show :lol:

John Cho is sexy though. Mmmmhmmm. Never thought so before seeing this show though, lol. I guess it was how he was lying in bed with his gal...

WANTS DOMDOM
I hope he's a bad guy

I want him to annoy the main guy cuz I don't like him. lol

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2009, 11:52:53 AM »
It's slow, no doubt about it, but how else are you gonna fill up 22 episodes in a series? XD

Don't really get the random militarisation you see though. There've been no reports of riots or disasters so why are there helicopters flying over? Come to think of it, the world went back to normal pretty quickly after the event happened. I would have thought there would be a lot more freaking out over this kind of thing. And for all the talk in the second episode about that woman's flashforward and how she was talking about pigeons, did nobody else remember the bird hitting against the office window of someone else's flashforward, and how big a deal was made over it? I bet that's gonna play a part soon.

As many questions as Lost at this stage and only after the 2nd episode XD What I don't want is for the daughter (still unsure of names sorry) to whisper what she saw in her dream, the father looking horrified but the audience not knowing what it was until say, the season finale. That would really get my goat.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2009, 01:15:01 PM »
What I don't want is for the daughter (still unsure of names sorry) to whisper what she saw in her dream, the father looking horrified but the audience not knowing what it was until say, the season finale. That would really get my goat.
Oh gosh that would be horrible D:

The guy that the wife is supposed to be cheating with got a phone call in her flash forward, right? My theory is that it was from Domdom and that they're both linked to evilness. (...) I think the daddy was trying too hard to continue a convo with the wife at the hospital. I THINK SHE'S HIS TARGET OR SOMETHING. Or at least will be. Hahahahah

Or the daddy is innocent, but he's linked to Domdom somehow and Domdom is evil.

OK LOL :D Done writing crap

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2009, 08:07:52 AM »
This show is pretty cool so far, just wish the 2nd & 3rd episodes were less of recaps of the first. Just hoping it can keep up the suspense all season, and not run out of steam early. I see Brannon Braga is involved, he used to work on the Star Trek series. I remember him getting a lot of shit, especially when Enterprise was on. But maybe that was just a bunch of silly Trekkies.

Offline Rickker708

• Member+
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2009, 08:17:25 AM »
been having problems with remote and only recorded the pilot. Caught a glimpse of the latest this week. am enjoying it, have just watched the pilot today.
Life is one time.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2009, 04:32:41 PM »
I thought the ending of Episode 3 was more chilling than seeing Suspect Zero in the crowd after Episode 1. :o :o What are the odds of the boy with the scar showing up in future episodes?

Also as soon as I heard 'former Nazi' I immediately suspected things wouldn't end well :lol:

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2009, 05:54:43 PM »
I WAS RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGHT

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2009, 12:57:42 AM »
I can never picture Dominic as a villian. There's something telling me that at some point in the series, he'll get rid of his evil face, smile, laugh and say 'Gotcha!'. Did I see it right or was he also the one that was drowning the babysitter?

As a side note, we really need more people called Simon in tv shows :lol:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2009, 10:18:38 PM »
Lesbian kiss oh yeh. That's one way to keep a hold of the viewers :lol:

Rather good episode tonight even though not much happened with plot development. After last weeks reveal, I wanted it to continue from there but I see next week will feature Simon more heavily. Had to wonder how the 4 of them all got out of the car before the RPG hit without a scratch :o And don't say it's a TV show, because I know that's the only reason why they could survive like that :P

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2009, 11:15:06 AM »
y halo thar, I never noticed we had a FlashForward thread. :lol:

The show has been developing well so far, and I have to say E07 was the best episode yet. I wtf'd at Takeuchi Yuuko making an appearance as Bryce's unknown Japanese chick, but it should be something to look forward to...

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2009, 10:20:29 PM »
Um....Joseph Fiennes isn't really that good is he? XD I guess I'm being a little harsh. Joseph's character has to deal with the weight of the investigation, his marriage falling apart, his partner potentially dying, his alcholism returning, a lot of his scenes are just dark and has to deal with sadness, grief, frustration a whole lot. Something which looks all the same on his face. Throw him a bone writers, and have him do a happy scene for a change!

I guess what I can't really get over is how things went back to normal so quickly. I mean in the last episode it was confirmed around 20 million people died from the event. That's a hell of a lot of people. And why are the Benford's doing their utmost to make sure that what they saw in their Flashforwards does happen after all? Despite being open and honest with each other they still can't trust each other.

Offline rebornsoul

• Member+
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2009, 01:08:37 PM »
just finished episode 8 of flashforward. loving every bit of it

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2009, 11:30:23 AM »
Um....Joseph Fiennes isn't really that good is he? XD I guess I'm being a little harsh. Joseph's character has to deal with the weight of the investigation, his marriage falling apart, his partner potentially dying, his alcholism returning, a lot of his scenes are just dark and has to deal with sadness, grief, frustration a whole lot. Something which looks all the same on his face.
NO HE'S NOT GOOD AT ALL! Hahahahah
I don't like him at all. :( He's so wooden and ack. I almost want his wife to ditch him because he annoys me so much (and I actually like the sick boy's daddy now). haha

And they're all so STUPID, too!! "omg I killed a guy with a 3-star tattoo. It must've been the bad guy!" YEAH, cuz a 3-star tattoo is SO RARE and there is NO CHANCE that it actually might be some group's signature tattoo and not just a personal one. WUT haha

And Domdom's character is so annoying, not because he's evil but because HE TALKS TOO MUCH!!!! ACKKk He's TRYING TOO HARD to be evil. "OOooh look at me being all evil saying these evil things." Wow your penis must be so long. (targeted at the character, not Domdom haha)

And were they really so retarded that they didn't realize tthat the future could be changed till that one dude committed suicide?? Srsly

So basically Flash Forward is annoying the crap out of me. :lol:

Offline xelibri

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2009, 04:00:11 PM »
Watched the first few episodes... It's not very promising tbh.  :(

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2009, 11:21:43 PM »
My interest shot up after Keiko's introduction in the last episode. Sure it was a completely filler episode that didn't move the plot forward, but I thought she was pretty cute and then she got off that plane and PHWOAR! XD

I think the big problem that I have with the show is that I don't really care for any of the characters. There's none that are particularly relatable to, apart from maybe Dimitri and the doctor. The rest of the cast could die off (in terms of the story of course) and I wouldn't care. I don't think I've ever felt that way about a show I follow, apart from maybe S2 of Heroes onwards. It's not like The Shield or Sons Of Anarchy where I feel strongly for every character from the get-go and only gets better as each episode goes.

And lolz at Simon. Poor Dominic, I never thought he could play a bad guy and I have to say I'm right. Doesn't help when you get such corny lines, "If killing millions of people doesn't qualify us for godhood, then what does?" Oh I dunno, how about creating life? Improving living conditions for everyone else? Biggest lolz of the series goes to identifying Suspect Zero's ring. You mean to say you can identify the exact indentation of a ring but not someone's side-portrait? :lol: :lol:
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 11:27:14 PM by Tuffty »

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2009, 02:59:37 PM »
Episode 10 was alright, nice that stuff actually happened for once. Though, I thought the 'press conference' bit was too short, awkward. Could have done more with that part at least. The rest was ok. The previews for the next episode look pretty awesome (lol, winter break)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2009, 02:36:38 AM »
So someone comes up and admits they were the cause of the blackout, resulting in the biggest catastrophe in human history, and they're allowed to leave scot free without security or police there to hold them? And someone managed to slip a gun in ok?

Biggest wtf of all though, the scientist admits to causing it, and now Olivia is getting closer to him despite the fact she was adamant she wouldn't cheat on Mark? And Mark and Dimitri were worrying over the gun, that exact gun btw, of killing Dimitri. Surely I was the only one shouting, 'JUST MELT THE GUN DOWN!' :lol:

I dunno, the show's just gone from highly interesting premise, to ridiculous plot holes, unlikeable characters and go nowhere story. Hopefully after mid-season it picks up again, otherwise I wouldn't mind if all this talk of cancellation came true.

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rurika Yokoyama - PRECIOUS LOVE