JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Momoiro Clover Z - ICHI TSUBU NO EGAO DE

Author Topic: [TV] FlashForward  (Read 8363 times)

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
Re: [TV] FlashForward
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2009, 02:59:17 AM »
Surely I was the only one shouting, 'JUST MELT THE GUN DOWN!' :lol:

I was thinking the same, just hand over the gun to Eartha Kitt and tell her to have it destroyed.
Sig gone. Tinypic is no more.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2010, 06:26:58 PM »
Sooo uh...anyone still watching? :nervous

Seems like the show's moving at a faster pace than before with a number of reveals like Subject Zero being Simon all along. But I almost decided to pack it all in at the convenient introduction of a magic memory enhancing drug that can restore a person's ability to remember things from their vision should they have been drunk at the time and best of all, the ring. That magic ring that prevents someone from experiencing a flashforward due to quantum entaglement and tachyons. Sure. And people accuse Lost of making it up as they go along.

As it is, it's just mildly entertaining to watch but not something I'd follow religiously like Lost or True Blood. The revelation of a second flash coming was quite interesting if rather predictable. Let's hope they use it as an opportunity to reset the show and do it properly in season 2. That is, if there's a season 2.

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2010, 08:10:16 PM »
I liked that we got a lot of information in the double-length episode rather than them giving us answers in a tiny trickle.
I heard that there's not going to be a season 2.  I hope that's true as it'd be better than dragging it out only for it to be cancelled before they can give it a proper ending.

Offline airiRin

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ~no music, no wife~
    • ngradtya
    • airirin
    • nugradtya
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2010, 09:23:39 AM »
I quite like this series.

The ending of episode 18 really surprised me.
Can't wait for episode 19.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2010, 07:27:49 PM »
Well it's definately gotten better these past few episodes. Last week's in particular was probably the best one they made, but then I guess it would need to be seeing as it was focused on a major plot point. The reveal that the preggers lady was a triple agent was a good reveal, but why not just tell the FBI that she's working with the CIA? It would clear up any suspicion they would have of her when she's asked to do some bad shit. Have to laugh at her latest orders though. "Yeah we need you to go back into the FBI, steal the ring, kill the agent in charge of this whole investigation but remain in cover. That can't be too hard right?"

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2010, 02:48:09 PM »
Read that ABC will not renew for another season

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2010, 07:09:11 PM »
Read that ABC will not renew for another season

:(

That sucks. I've really been enjoying it. Hopefully they know in time to wrap things up this season then.

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2010, 09:09:01 PM »
I heard it hadn't been renewed months ago (after only a few episodes had been broadcast), so they'll have had plenty of time to wrap it up if they choose to.

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2010, 09:27:33 AM »
They are busy creating alternate futures, or at least not going with what people saw in the first eps, thats not wrapping it up.
Its better in the last eps then it was around say ep5, at least they are doing something.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2010, 09:37:50 PM »
The penultimate episode did not leave me with confidence for the season and ultimately series finale. The doctor sure changed his mind about Keiko quick enough.

"No listen, I love you, not Keiko. She's just something I saw in my flashforward, it doesn't mean anything, nothing's ever gonna happen and more importantly I want to be with you......what? Keiko's here?!?!?!? "

*gets in car to her rescue*

And the less said about that fight scene in the interrogation room the better. That has to be the worst fight scene I've ever seen on TV. If only I could find a clip of the headbutt, still laughing now thinking about it :lol:

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2010, 06:27:20 AM »
Well, the thing about Keiko was more about her hiding it from him, and Keiko being in jail. Still though, bit of a weird reaction. Leaving her to wait in his house? That's a bit odd.

The way Mark started drink seemed like a stretch too. My brother pointed out that drinking liquids given to you by complete strangers when there are people trying to kill/abduct you is pretty high on the stupid list. Of course his boss kicked him out of a secure FBI building when he knows there are people trying to kill Mark too, so what do I know?

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2010, 05:04:03 AM »
So yeah...

Feel like the ending settled all the loose threads?

New flash forward, no follow up on the Jericho connection, Janice being abducted and Mark left as Schrodinger's FBI agent. Looks like they were really banking on another season.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2010, 09:09:53 PM »
^ Definately, or at least leaving it open enough that viewers will get enticed and appeal for a season renewal. Ain't happening though.

Overall I thought the series was very...meh. Let's be honest they had a lot of bad, unintentionally funny scenes (the fight in the interview room, the shootout mixed with some Rolling Stones music), the revelations like Subject Zero were ultimately quite disappointing and I never really grew to care about the characters. It was an interesting premise to start off with but I felt it descended too quickly into the predictable shadow, evil doing company. If it was on for a 2nd season I would probably watch it, but as it's not, I'm left a little disappointed at the way it ended, but ultimately I won't miss it.

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2010, 03:07:51 PM »
I liked it.  It seemed to improve after the mid-season hiatus.
Judging by what someone saw on some guys prediction wall a few episodes ago about "the end 2016" I'm assuming they were hoping to get 7 seasons out of it.
If they were going to have a new flashforward at the end of every season, to be investigated/solved in the next, I could see the series getting very tedious.
At least they answered enough things to make the ending not too unsatisfying, but left enough things open for if it gets renewed at a later date.

JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Momoiro Clover Z - ICHI TSUBU NO EGAO DE