JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: AOA - Elvis (Band ver.)

Author Topic: The random Idol postwhore thread  (Read 485117 times)

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
Re: The random Idol postwhore thread
« Reply #1540 on: September 10, 2016, 04:11:13 PM »
New Deep Girl "Live" video

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #1541 on: September 13, 2016, 05:10:17 AM »

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #1542 on: September 13, 2016, 11:08:40 PM »
Really interesting two part article from an ex-chika idol manager:

http://20hz.multipletap.com/en/content/201604/idol
http://20hz.multipletap.com/en/content/201605/idol

Talks about the short lives of underground idol groups and a lot about the business side and how they get money etc and why it works and fails.

(Found from http://www.homicidols.com/inside-the-homicidol-mind-the-unrelenting-pressures-of-idol/ btw)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 11:20:24 PM by Jul3 »

Chihiro

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #1543 on: September 14, 2016, 03:40:59 AM »
Interesting but isn't the exchange rate a bit off? Since when does 3-4 million yen = $300-400? They might want to shift the decimal points/commas one space to the left since 100 yen is closer to $1, no? I seriously doubt ShoNaSho ever played anywhere that cost $1 million a day to rent based on how small they were.

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #1544 on: September 14, 2016, 05:26:59 AM »

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #1545 on: September 17, 2016, 12:00:13 AM »
Interesting but isn't the exchange rate a bit off? Since when does 3-4 million yen = $300-400? They might want to shift the decimal points/commas one space to the left since 100 yen is closer to $1, no? I seriously doubt ShoNaSho ever played anywhere that cost $1 million a day to rent based on how small they were.

Yeah, if you leave the /en/ out of the URL it goes to the Japanese version and can see the real values, LOL.

Always loved this DEEP GIRL song "Stereo"

But it's annoying the "live video" they just put out features no live audio at all...

Chihiro

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1546 on: September 24, 2016, 12:19:16 PM »
^ probably because they suck live, I've only seen them twice but I find them really boring..

---

The NATASHA project had their first performance (I think), good stuff everyone but Chitti should leave their respective groups and make this permanent.

(They start at around 4 mins, the first part is Rinne doing her old-school rap song.)

« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 12:28:08 PM by Rezar »

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #1547 on: September 24, 2016, 10:36:11 PM »
^ who are the other people apart from Chicchi from BiSH, and what groups do they come from?

I don't understand it, do they just perform little segments from songs from all the other groups? I only recognise Chicchi and they do that bit from the BiSH song "Monsters" so am just guessing here...

There's something strangely appealing about this, even though I don't like their vocal style...

Chihiro

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1548 on: September 24, 2016, 10:58:07 PM »
^

Rinne Yoshida is a solo idol that have had a bunch of projects already although she's only 15, I should make a thread for her, but I never get around to doing anything these days - but I really like her.

MAINA from Osaka☆Shunka Shuto -> you might like them http://syukasyun.com/

Yuriya from Cheeky Parade

Akane from Predia

As for the style, it is a bit weird like they have bits from the individual artists incorporated and it feels more like a showcase than a real song - but it's heavy so I'm not complaining.

Osaka☆Shunka Shuto with a Nu-metal kinda song.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 10:03:29 PM by Rezar »

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1549 on: September 27, 2016, 10:03:58 PM »
Beboga finally have a video, cute song :)

Offline clem84

• Member+
« Reply #1550 on: October 01, 2016, 12:50:59 PM »
Went to the World Standard (わーすた) single launch event at the HMV next to Ikebukuro station. After Hachaketai's event two weeks ago I thought I had I had a pretty good idea what to expect. Holy crap... The event area was packed and the closest I could get to them was like 25 meters away, on the other side of the store. I'd say the girls are off to a good start. I liked the video but somehow what I heard today was kind of boring to be honest. It didn't make me want to buy their single.

Was going to post this in the Passpo thread but whatever. I bought puchipasspo's mini album on this trip. I haven't listened to it yet. I usually wait to be back to open the stuff I buy, and I bought a crap load of stuff on this trip. I'm wondering how it's all going to fit in my baggages. Anyway, I went to their live last night in Akihabara (Passpo was there too). I keep expecting to eventually hear something from them that will disappoint me but it has yet to happen. Every song they played rocked. I'm actually really looking forward to listening to it back home. The Akiba Culture Theater was a different experience. Seats! :o That was a first at a Japanese concert for me. Someone told me they do that because the concert was shot on video. I'm not sure if it was for a web broadcast or something. The live was too short though. 3000y for like 1h20-ish min. of music.  :smhid

Also saw Party Rockets GT earlier this week at the Ebisu Creato. Not easy to find. Google maps can make your life a lot harder sometimes. It was fun. 4 groups. The first two were kind of average to be honest. The third was much better. Idolscheduler tells me one of them was doping berry. Not sure if it was the second or third unit.  PRGT was great. Length wise this one was better. Around 2 hours. The place was small but it was a decent crowd.

I could really live here.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 01:52:22 PM by clem84 »

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #1551 on: October 01, 2016, 02:53:07 PM »
^ Nice to hear some stories of people going to idol events!  :twothumbs

Yeah, Akiba Cultures is a venue I don't like at all. But all the shows from there are webcast on PigooHD. It's a subscription service, but I think if subscribed you can watch old shows (up to a time limit) on demand: http://pigoo.jp/pigoohd/live/

On a completely unrelated note... this video is of that Pikarin person? https://twitter.com/keityblackstar/status/782009056282021888
No wonder I've heard her name bandied around a lot.

Chihiro

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1552 on: October 01, 2016, 03:13:12 PM »
^ Yeah that's Pikarin.

She does the walking on people during this song (by far her heaviest):

I think it's a pretty cool video, I don't use Line but if I did I would get those "stickers".

^^

Akiba cultures I nice for a change when you've been at standing idol shows for a week and need to sit down for a bit.

Wasuta are pretty good, 2 really good singers and the two videos are really good but much of their other songs are normal idol stuff (not that I mind much).

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #1553 on: October 01, 2016, 04:07:47 PM »
So, Clem, you were the foreigner my sister saw at those two shows. You didn't stay for any of the after show events though. Pity.

3,000¥ may sound much, but I am confident of not overexaggerating, many of us here went to festivals for double the price, only to see a performance of 20 minutes. Though for me events play a big part of my enjoyment, so it may feel different for you. 
Seats aren't nice but there are worse cases. What bothers me is the ticket system. Too complicated. I prefer getting advance tickets.

Favourite Idol: Yanagisawa Ayano
Favourite Groups: PASSPO & Party Rockets GT

Offline clem84

• Member+
« Reply #1554 on: October 02, 2016, 01:33:19 AM »
That... was her??  :O Small world.

The price doesn't bother me too much when it's a group I really want to see. It's just that I have a budget like most people. There are of course tons of cool things to do in Tokyo outside of idol concerts so price is always a factor when deciding to do something. It did seem a bit much considering the length of the event but since I really like both groups I'm still happy I went. I was just expecting a bit more.

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #1555 on: October 02, 2016, 03:42:11 AM »
There are of course tons of cool things to do in Tokyo outside of idol concerts

Please give advice on this!

Chihiro

Offline clem84

• Member+
« Reply #1556 on: October 02, 2016, 08:51:04 AM »
It was only my second trip so there were a few things left to do. :) For regulars it might be different I don't know. For next year I might have to read up on japan-guide to get a few more ideas though.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #1557 on: October 02, 2016, 12:25:13 PM »
For informations sake: GALETTe are disbanding, if I am correct on October 15.
Surprised about it, as they performed at Zepp DiverCity end of last year. I wonder what Akari will do now.

Favourite Idol: Yanagisawa Ayano
Favourite Groups: PASSPO & Party Rockets GT

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #1558 on: October 02, 2016, 10:41:36 PM »
Some live Hanako-san. Quite pleasant.

Chihiro

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1559 on: October 03, 2016, 12:46:20 PM »
New Nijicon

Not sure what is happening to me but lately I've been liking "mainstream" idols more and more, a worrying development.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 05:14:57 PM by Rezar »

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: AOA - Elvis (Band ver.)