JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tanpopo - Watashi No Kao

Author Topic: [TV] Community  (Read 12579 times)

Offline Deft-Monkey

• Banana Picker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Just like my basement's anti-escape mechanism
Re: [TV] Community
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2012, 10:47:54 AM »
I bought season 1 of Community on DVD as soon after finishing high school. I watched through it so many times. Really one of the most clever shows I've seen, full of all kinds of subtleties that'll go over your head depending on how closely you pay attention or just depending on how you view things.

I felt pretty disappointed with the second season of Community. I think it degenerated in the level of humour that was there in the first season. I put it down to Chang's and Pierce's change in roles. I did really like the episode 'Critical Film Studies' in which they do a play on My Dinner With Andre, though.

I haven't seen any of season 3 yet, but I'm sad that it's been put on hiatus (right?) seeing as how Community is still better than most TV shows out there.

A beloved scene from the first season:

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2012, 09:08:09 PM »
I haven't seen Season 3 either lol

CAN IT BOOBS! XD

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2012, 07:57:52 AM »
WHOA Feud with Chevy Chase and the creators

-UPDATEDx2:-More-Details-Released-On-Feud-Between-Chevy-Chase-and-Community-Creator.htm]He said: "I was airing my dirty laundry for a chuckle. The giant mistake I made was involving someone else [Chevy] in that game of Russian roulette, someone that didn't have an opportunity to say 'yeah, hilarious, let's do this.' That was a dumb, unclassy, inconsiderate move on my part. I'm very sorry it's reflecting poorly on the show. Thirty people a day calling me an a**hole makes me know and feel, in my heart, that I am an a**hole. I'm a real "customer is always right" kind of guy in that regard."

Chase has yet to comment on the apology.

UPDATE: Community creator Dan Harmon claims that Chevy Chase was drunk when he sent a scathing voice mail recently.

He played the tape at a comedy event called "Harmontown" he host at a Los Angeles comedy club. On stage, he complained about Chase leaving during the taping of the season finale. He said: "I had written a very simple scene that Chevy couldn't possibly f**k up." Chase objected to the scene but Harmon kept telling him to do it. Chase then walked off set and Harmon claimed that he later sent an apology.

He added: "I said f**k you ... you breached your contract, you're an a**hole. And then what happened a day later? That night ... after what I'm guessing is two bottles of Busch Light? Ladies and gentleman ... Chevy Chase.

He then played the voice mail for the crowd, where you can hear Chase saying: "If you were here now, I'd f**king kick your teeth out. You're not funny ... you're OK."

Original: More details have been released about Chevy Chase's feud with Community creator Dan Harmon.

during happier times:

Offline hirolee14

• ecchi
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2012, 08:47:16 PM »
There's a KEY to Troy and Abed's blanket fort  :lol:

Source: evalotta@reddit

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2012, 08:38:14 AM »
Troy also raps :lol: as Childish Gambino – F**k Your Blog f. Flynt Flossy & Yung Humma

more tracks here:
http://foreverchildish.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/ChildishGambinoVEVO

haha wtf

and LOL  cheetos

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2014, 03:24:07 PM »
Reviving this thread from the depths~

I actually JUST finished season 3. My boyfriend has been making me watch it with him, since I didn't actually watch it as it aired. I'm completely in love with the show. The video game episode is probably one of the best things I've seen on TV in a long time, too. I've heard nothing but horror stories re: season 4 though, so that's a bummer. :\

:::Twitter
::Rest in Peace, Jabs. You'll be forever missed. <3::

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tanpopo - Watashi No Kao