JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: D-51 - Donna ni

Author Topic: General Chinese Movie Thread  (Read 105005 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Andy Lau, Deanie Ip win at Golden Horse
« Reply #120 on: December 03, 2011, 10:47:58 AM »
Congrats ANDY!! DEANIE! :grin:

Andy Lau, Deanie Ip win at Golden Horse

The 48th Golden Horse Awards took place last night. With its Venice Film Festival success earlier, A SIMPLE LIFE (TOH JEH)'s master and maid pair Andy Lau Tak Wa and Deanie Ip Tak Han won Best Actor and Actress respectively. Director Ann Hui On Wa won Best Director. With 11 nominations Taiwan film WARRIORS OF THE RAINBOW: SEEDIQ BALE won four awards including Best Feature Film and Best Supporting Actor to become the big winner. With 9 nominations LET THE BULLETS FLY won two awards.

Wa Jai defeated Ge You, Eddie Peng Yu-yen, and Wang Qianyuan to win Best Actor. He said, "Like I said, I paid to win Best Actor. Honestly, I never imagined it. After I saw A PIANO IN THE FACTORY I fell in love with him (Wang Qianyuan). After Taiwan film toughed out its most depressed period, now Hong Kong film is at its lowest. I too hope we will be able to tough it out." After winning the Venice Best Actress, Ip Tak Han again won the Golden Horse Best Actress. After "sonny" Lau Tak Wa announced her victory, he went on one knee to present to present the award to Ip Tak Han. She said, "In the film I had a stroke, now I won an award. Thank you Hui On Wa, Lau Tak Wa for giving luck in my old age." Before unveiling Best Actress, Wa Jai critiqued the nominees. He joked that Qin Haliu could act, direct and was cheap so she could go to work at his company. Eric Tsang Chi Wai joked, "I understand who at your home doesn't spent money." Wa Jai glared at him; Wa Jai continued and said that Shu Qi was the best woman to hold and even pushed Chi Wai to give it a try; as for Michelle Chen he directly said he loved her, which made Michelle Chen so happy that she made a heart gesture with her hands. Chi Wai's daughter Bo Yi said Chi Wai was daring but finally still did not dare to ask whether Wa Jai's wife Chu Lai Sin was pregnant. Chi Wai only dared to ask whether Wa Jai would have a child. Wa Jai continued to avoid the question, "Let's see the nominees!"

When Hui On Wa heard that she won Best Director she immediately hug Lau Tak Wa. After accepting the award she joked, "I am afraid that I am about to have a stroke! Hopefully in the future when I receive the Lifetime Achievement Award, Big Brother Wang (Jimmy Wang Yu) will present it to me." She said that this was a very gratifying film. She was very happy to win an award, so happy that she would have a stroke. Later she also wanted to share this award with Roger Lee because the story was his. She also said that she did not have a hard time with Lau Tak Wa and Ip Tak Han. Both gave a lot of opinions and exchanged ideas, their suggestions were great. This was the film's second award after the Venice Film Festival. She hoped that the film will be able to win even more awards and be a bigger hit. She also hoped to more people would make this type of movies.

Best Supporting Actor and Actress went to SEEDIQ BALE's Bokeh Kosang and RETURN TICKET's Shanghai actress Tang Qun. Boken Kosang defeated WU XIA nominee Wang Yu to win his first Golden Horse Award. He said that he finally could breathe a sigh of relief. He also said that he worked very hard on this character and thus he was more confident about acting in the future. He also said that he never thought that he would win and thanked his mother and wife. The award was worth all the hard work. Later when Wang Yu presented the Lifetime Achievement Award to his late friend Ting Shan-Hsi he did not forget to poke fun at himself. "I had a stroke but I definitely won't have an award." Speaking of her award, Tang Qun said that she was just lucky. Although this was her first film award, it might be her last. She will always learn from her colleagues; Carina Lau Ka Ling, Wai Ying Hung and others lost to their elder Tang Qun before still congratulated her.

Best New Performer went to YOU ARE THE APPLE OF MY EYE's Ko Chen-Tung, who not only thanked director Giddens Ko for encouraging him to play this character but also Michelle Chen for continuously teaching him. Only because of them did he have the chance to stand on the stage. He said, "You have made my age 20 very perfect!" Ko Chen-Tung was so happily back stage that he jumped. Last night he said that he would wear a pair of red underwear for luck, finally he really won. Reporters asked him to show everyone his red underwear. At first he said that he had to ask his company, but after reporters persuaded him he finally dropped his pants for press photos. Giddens Ko lacked a little luck and lost the Best New Director.

Becoming the New Taiwan Goddess with YOU, Michelle Chen said that she loved Lau Tak Wa the most. Reportedly she called Lau Tak Wa Hubby. Last night when she and Simon Yam Tat Wa presented an award, Yam Tat Wa who was also called Wa Jai joked, "Michelle Chen actually wants to work with this Wa Jai instead." He then held her hands and could not let go, she could only awkwardly giggle.

Although this year's venue only had a capacity of 1,000 people and has been criticized as the smallest Golden Horse venue in history, the event was still star studded and attracted a lot of press coverage.

Before the race on the red carpet, Lau Tak Wa, Vic Chou Yu Man, Ethan Juan (Yuen King Tin) and Peng Yu-yen all wore suits and looked very handsome. The ladies as usual dressed up. Vivian Hsu (Tsui Yeuk Suen) walked the red carpet with the over 50 people SEEDIQ BALE team. Because the entire team danced the Seediq dance of joy and celebration for their entrance, she perhaps did not want to destroy the beauty and just stood in the middle dumbfounded. Later she admitted that she did not take any wardrobe malfunction precaution because the material was bigger than her chest. shu Qi's long dress look was low key yet sexy. Solo attendee Carina Lau Ka Ling appeared in a gray and black evening gown that was elegant and graceful. Others like Angelica Lee Sinjie, Rene Liu (Lau Yeuk Ying) and Wai Ying Hung all appeared in low cut evening wear.

Japanese star Aoi Miyazaki walked with Chen Bo-Lin. Aoi Miyazaki was very happy to be a part of this event and praised Bo-Lin as a very gentle gentleman. The hosts were father and daughter Eric Tsang Chi Wai and Tsang Bo Yi. Bo Yi hoped to work with her father to make the program its best. She also said that this year was Taiwan film's take off year so she believed it definitely would be very exciting. When Lau Tak Wa appeared with Deanie Ip Tak Han and director Ann Hui On Wa on the red carpet, fans cheered enthusiastically. Speaking of his wife Chu Lai Sin's pregnancy rumors, Wa Jai continued to keep his mouth shut about his family, "Don't ask about family matter, don't ask about our home now."

During the opening, Chi Wai and Bo Yi both wore aboriginal costumes and school uniform for a SEEDIQ BALE and YOU ARE THE APPLE OF MY EYE nominated film medley. Chi Wai's facial tattoo turned out to be seaweed accessories. Bo Yi delivered YOU's classic line, 'Big idiot, you are a big idiot!" Chi Wai said, "If I wasn't an idiot why would I have you." Bo Yi also joked that many people wanted to asked Lau Tak Wa a question but did not dare to, but her father dared to raise his middle finger at the the Great Hall of the People so only he would dare to ask.

GOLDEN HORSE AWARD WINNERS

BEST FEATURE FILM: WARRIORS OF THE RAINBOW: SEEDIQ BALE
BEST DOCUMENTARY: HOMETOWN BOY
BEST SHORT FILM: THIEF
BEST DIRECTOR: Ann Hui On Wa (A SIMPLE LIFE)
BEST LEADING ACTOR: Andy Lau Tak Wa (A SIMPLE LIFE)
BEST LEADING ACTRESS: Deanie Ip Tak Han (A SIMPLE LIFE)
BEST NEW DIRECTOR: Wuershan (THE BUTCHER, THE CHEF AND THE SWORDSMAN)
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR: Boken Kosang (WARRIORS OF THE RAINBOW: SEEDIQ BALE)
BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS: Tang Qun (RETURN TICKET)
BEST NEW PERFORMER: Ko Chen-Tung (YOU ARE THE APPLE OF MY EYE)
BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY: Yang Nan-Chian, Teng Yung Shing, Qin Hailu, Ge
 Wen-Zhe, Xi Ran (RETURN TICKET)
BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY: Zhu Sujin, Shu Ping, Jiang Wen, Guo Junli, Wei
 Xiao, Li Bukong (LET THE BULLETS FLY)
BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY: Zhao Fei (LET THE BULLETS FLY)
BEST VISUAL EFFECTS: Yung Kwok Yin, Andy Kang (WU XIA)
BEST ART DIRECTION: Yee Chung Man, Sun Li (WU XIA)
BEST MAKEUP & COSTUME DESIGN: Hao Yi (THE BUTCHER, THE CHEF AND THE SWORDSMAN)
BEST ACTION CHOREOGRAPHY: Donnie Yen Chi Tan (WU XIA)
BEST ORIGINAL FILM SCORE: Ricky Ho (WARRIORS OF THE RAINBOW: SEEDIQ BALE)
BEST ORIGINAL FILM SONG: PERFECT LANDING (JUMP ASHIN!)
BEST FILM EDITING: Chen Hsiao-Tung (THE MAN BEHIND THE BOOK)
BEST SOUND EFFECTS: Tu Duu-Chih, Tang Hsiang-Chu, Wu Shu-Yao (WARRIORS OF
 THE RAINBOW: SEEDIQ BALE)
OUTSTANDING TAIWANESE FILMMAKER OF THE YEAR: Wong Wei-Liu
AUDIENCE CHOICE AWARD: WARRIORS OF THE RAINBOW: SEEDIQ BALE
FIPRESCI PRIZE: THE PIANO IN A FACTORY
LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD: Ting Shan-Hsi

Source: takungpao, Singtao
Translated by: hktopten

and check her out, "Under the Hawthorn Tree" actress Zhou Dongyu 周冬雨

Final Promotional Trailer for "傾城之淚The Allure of Tears" Out

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
Re: General Chinese Movie Thread
« Reply #121 on: December 25, 2011, 05:16:22 AM »
This looks like it is a very good film

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #122 on: December 30, 2011, 11:17:14 AM »
^ one of the great Hong Kong / Mainland China collabos!!

This looks like a great poster :lol:

"Wanted" posters showing Nick Cheung appeared on the streets of Hong Kong on Christmas Eve. The posters were to promote the Roy Chow film "Nightfall aka 大追捕" co-starring Simon Yam. Of course it does. I'd question the movie's integrity if it didn't :lol:

via http://yellowcranestower.blogspot.com and Sina http://ent.sina.com.cn/m/c/2011-12-27/14523518504.shtml

TIGHT! looks like he roided up for this role

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #123 on: January 17, 2012, 08:57:29 AM »
Deanie continues to pile up the honours!

Deanie Ip wins another Best Actress Award

The 18th Hong Kong Film Critic Society yesterday announced its winners. Earlier winning Best Actress awards with A SIMPLE LIFE (TOH JEH) in Venice and at the Golden Horse Awards, Deanie Ip Tak Han again won Best Actress. Lau Ching Wan with LIFE WITHOUT PRINCIPLES (DUET MING GUM) won his third Society Award Best Actor Award. A SIMPLE LIFE at the same time won Best Picture. Jiang Wen with LET THE BULLETS FLY won Best Director, and Best Screenplay went to LIFE WITHOUT PRINCIPLES.

Last year 57 films were officially released. Among Best Picture and Best Director, A SIMPLE LIFE, LIFE WITHOUT PRINCIPLES, FLYING SWORDS OF DRAGON GATE (LUNG MOON FEI GAP), OVERHEARD 2 (SIT TING FUNG WON 2), LET THE BULLETS FLY's competition was the strongest. Finally A SIMPLE LIFE won Best Picture and LET THE BULLETS FLY's Jiang Wen won Best Director by two votes more than FLYING SWORDS OF DRAGON GATE's Tsui Hark. OVERHEARD 2 and LIFE WITHOUT PRINCIPLE also had a fierce competition over Best Screenplay, finally LIFE WITHOUT PRINCIPLE's Milky Way creative team, Au Kin Yee and Ben Wong King Fai won.

A SIMPLE LIFE's Ip Tak Han crushed EAST MEETS WEST 2011 (DONG SING SAI JAU 2011)'s Karen Mok Man Wai and FLYING SWORDS OF DRAGON GATE's Zhou Xun for Best Actress. Best Actor had Ching Wan in competition with himself. He finally with LIFE WITHOUT PRINCIPLE's small time hook by two vote beat his OVERHEARD 2 "Landlord Club" stock market elite Law Man Sun. This was also Ching Wan's third Hong Kong Film Critic Society Best Actor Award after HIGH ALERT (GO DOH GAI BEI) and LA BRASSIERE (JUET SAI HO BRA).

Lau Ching Wan thanked the Film Critic Society, and Johnnie To Kei Fung for giving him such a challenging character. As an actor, while acting he of course hoped that it would be fun too. He said, "Director To next time you have a fun script, definitely save it for me!" Ip Tak Han again won with A SIMPLE LIFE. She said that any award was an encouragement; especially for a senior like her, an award was like a shot of confidence. She wished that all awards could bring investors the return that they should have. She wished director Ann Hui On Wa would be able to make movies that she believed in. Ip Tak Han also thanked the Hong Kong Film Critic Society and also Andy Lau Tak Wa and Hui On Wa's trust.

To Kei Fung thanked the Film Critic Society. Milkyway creative team was responsible for writing this film. Since founding the Milky Way Image he has always hoped to give new comers more opportunities, cultivate more talent for the film industry and hope that everyone would work hard together.

In addition, the Hong Kong Film Critic Society at the same time selected seven recommended films: LIFE WITHOUT PRINCIPLE, OVERHEARD 2, DON'T GO BREAKING MY HEART (DAN SUM NAM NUI), FLYING SWORDS OF DRAGON GATE (LUNG MOON FEI GAP), LET THE BULLETS FLY, WHITE VENGEANCE (HUNG MOON YIN), and BIG BLUE LAKE (DAI LAN WU).

BEST PICTURE: A SIMPLE LIFE
BEST DIRECTOR: Jiang Wen (LET THE BULLETS FLY)
BEST SCREENPLAY: LIFE WITHOUT PRINCIPLES
BEST ACTOR: Lau Ching Wan (LIFE WITHOUT PRINCIPLES)
BEST ACTRESS: Deanie Ip Tak Han (A SIMPLE LIFE)

RECOMMENDED FILMS:
LIFE WITHOUT PRINCIPLE
OVERHEARD 2
DON'T GO BREAKING MY HEART
FLYING SWORDS OF DRAGON GATE
LET THE BULLETS FLY
WHITE VENGEANCE
BIG BLUE LAKE

Source: Takungpao, Mingpao, Singtao, on.cc

Deanie crowned Hong Kong Film Critics Society’s Best Actress

Hong Kong Film Critics Society announced the 5 winners and 7 recommended films of the 18th Hong Kong Film Critics Society Awards on 8 January, this award is the first award to be presented every year and it’s symbolized the direction of other film awards. This year, after 8 hours of discussion and voting, Deanie Ip was crowned Best Actress for her performance in A Simple Life. Law Ching Wan won the Best Actor for the third time with Life Without Principle.

This year, there is a total of 57 films officially being screened in cinemas. It was a fierce competition for the battle for Best Film and Best Director between 5 films namely, A Simple Life, Life Without Principle, Flying Swords of Dragon Gate 3D, Overheard 2 and Let The Bullets Fly. After multiple discussion, A Simple Life won Best Film, Jiang Wen’s Let The Bullets Fly defeated Tsui Hark’s Flying Swords of Dragon Gate 3D by two votes to win the Best Director award. It was also a fierce competition for Best Script as Overheard 2 and Life Without Principle have the same number of votes, after much discussion, Life Without Principle came out on top.
When interviewed, Deanie said: “Any awards is an encouragement to me, for an elderly like me it gave me confidence. Hope that all awards will repay the investor, hope director Ann Hui could shoot another film that she believed in, thanks Hong Kong Film Critics Society and once again thanks the trust of Andy Lau and Ann Hui.”

Source: Headline Daily, Sing Pao, Wei Wen Po, Sing Tao News, Ming Pao, Apple Daily News
Translated by: AndyLauSounds

Ann Hui is just money in the bank yo.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #124 on: January 29, 2012, 02:57:03 AM »
no idea who she is :lol: pretty cute

Happy Chinese New Year from Wang Luodan 王珞丹     
2012-01-18 15:44:45     CRIENGLISH.com       Web Editor: Xie Tingting

Actress Wang Luodan poses for a series of photos with the theme of celebrating the upcoming Chinese New Year. The 2012 Chinese New Year's Day falls on January 23. The "Driverless" actress has been invited to perform at China Central Television's Spring Festival Gala this year. The show will be aired live on the Chinese New Year's Eve. [Photo: ent.sina.com.cn]

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #125 on: January 29, 2012, 12:45:25 PM »
Yeah. I'm not a fan of Co-Productions - filled with Mainland actors built to get more exposure in Hong Kong therefore international markets across Asia. Like I gotta read subtitles lol

Stephen Chow Chinese Odyssey leads the comeback

Co-Productions Drag Hong Kong Films Down

The Giddens Ko directed, Michelle Chen, Ko Chen-Tung starred Taiwan film YOU ARE THE APPLE OF MY EYE broke Stephen Chow Sing Chi's KUNG FU HUSTLE HK$61.27 million highest grossing Chinese film Hong Kong box office record with a total box office of 61,801,081 and left "Eastern Hollywood" Hong Kong film industry in shame. Will Hong Kong film be able to fend off the competition and regain the box office championship? Let's keep our eyes open and see.

John Chong Sees Sing Yeh As Favorite To Break YOU Record

In 2012 Hong Kong film market will have many giant production releases, including the Chow Yun Fat, Aaron Kwok Fu Sing and Donnie Yen Chi Tan starred THE MONKEY KING (DAI LAU TIN GUNG), Jackie Chan's CHINESE ZODIAC (SUP YI SUN CHIU), Andy Lau Tak Wa and Lin Chiling's DWELLING IN THE FUCHUN MOUNTAINS, and Stephen Chow Sing Chi's NEW CHINESE ODYSSEY (SAI YAU GEI ji CHUI MOR OI JUEN). Sing fans have been starved for four years so his new film will have hope to regain the glory of Hong Kong. Media Asia vice chair John Chong Ching favors the idea, but Derek Yee Tung Sing and Universe Entertainment company boss Daneil Lam Siu Ming disagree. They deeply feel that Hong Kong film will have difficulty with creating another miracle locally. Looking north to China gives Hong Kong film professionals a new direction, but when they accommodate Mainland viewer tastes Hong Kong audience's "co-production" resistance becomes a burden. Hong Kong film is dying, you know?

Daneil Lam Is Less Optimistic About Stephen Chow

Many, including Giddens Ko, hope Chow Sing Chi's new film NEW CHINESE ODYSSEY will break YOU's record. Chong Ching feels it will have a chance. "Sing Yeh is so talented, with all the starving Sing fans the box office will have certain motivation."

Derek Yee: Non Co-Production Has Financing Difficulties

Lam Siu Ming does not feel that Chow Sing Chi's CHINESE ODYSSEY will be able to break YOU's record. "Sing Yeh's last film CJ7 (CHEUNG GONG CHUT HO) struggled to pass 50 million at the box office. Actually this isn't Chow Sing Chi's problem, but the overall market's problem. This is the general trend, everyone have to 'co-productions'. Hong Kong viewers want to see Hong Kong films, but don't want to see any 'co-production'. Yet now basically everything is 'co-production'. Without co-production movies don't have funding. Film ultimately is a merchandise, if you make a Hong Kong film with a 10 million budget you can't even hire actors. Now actors are used to making 'Yun Jai' (RMB), how can they be willing to accept 2 million in salary? If you don't approach them, plenty of directors in the Mainland would; you can't make movies that cost more than 50 million either, with only the Hong Kong market it is impossible. You can't go back. Ultimately no one is willing to invest in a purely Hong Kong film, this is a problem of the chicken and the egg! Even Chow Sing Chi has to make 'co-productions'. CJ7 was a co-production, Universe this year will make a few movies, all of which will be 'co-productions'."

Yee Tung Sing agrees with Lam Siu Ming, "co-production" is at fault for Hong Kong film market's fall. "'Co-productions' have subject restrictions, many subjects can't be made and movies can't speak freely. The results often lack power and become terrible to watch. Helplessly non 'co-productions' have difficulties with financing. If you spend 10 million on a purely Hong Kong film, it will be very hard to make and won't be attractive. I want to make PROTEGE (MOON TOH) sequel and ONE NITE IN MONGKOK (WONG GOK HAK YEH) continuation, but when the subjects get to the Mainland market I don't want to accommodate the Mainland market and change the concept and certain plots." He feels that the world goes round and round, Taiwan film has fallen for 20 years and now finally has shaken itself off. Hong Kong films look north and accommodating the Mainland market has become an inevitable fact. Because the Mainland population the box office return is strong. Last year the box office reached 13 billion yuan RMB, naturally it has more investors as funding floods in; he believes after a few battles the film industry will look completely different.

Although Chow Sing Chi's NEW CHINESE ODYSSEY is a 'co-production', everyone still is waiting for Hong Kong film to return to glory. The film costs over 100 million yuan and finally has completed production after more than three months. Currently it is conducting massive post production special effect production in Korea. It should be able to be released this year.

Media Asia Invades the Mainland

Chong Ching feels that YOU was a coincidence, only a movie that is suitable for young people. He also believes that Giddens Ko will not deliberately make a movie to break a record. "If he deliberately makes a movie to break YOU's box office, the movie may not be good. Thus Media Asia's future big films first have to be good movies. Future movies will still target the Mainland market, including the 100 million Johnnie To Kei Fung directed, Andy Lau Tak Wa and Sammi Cheng Sau Man starred BLIND DETECTIVE (MAN TAM), Lin Chiling and Lau Tak Wa starred DWELLING ON THE FUCHUN MOUNTAINS. Both are 'co-productions' because minding only the Hong Kong market truly is very dangerous."

Film in order to accommodate the Mainland market, will Hong Kong film have difficulty recovering its lost ground? Chong Ching says, "This is a return rate issue, Mainland return rate is high. In 2011 top ten Hong Kong film box office, 3 movies THE LOST BLADESMAN (GUAN WON CHEUNG), MR. AND MRS. INCREDIBLE (SUN KEI HUP NUI) and LIFE WITHOUT PRINCIPLE (DUET MING GUM) only made 8 million. With Hong Kong releases, anything less than 10 million at the box office is a failure."

2012 ANTICIPATED FILM RELEASES

Film: ROMANCING IN THIN AIR (GO HOI BUT JI LUEN II)
Cast: Louis Koo Tin Lok, Sammi Cheng Sau Man
Release Date: Mid February

Film: LOVE IN THE BUFF (CHUN GIU YU JI MING)
Cast: Miriam Yeung Chin Wa, Shawn Yue Man Lok
Release Date: March

Film: A SIMPLE LIFE (TOH JEH)
Cast: Andy Lau Tak Wa, Deanie Ip Tak Han
Release Date: Mid March

Film: FIRST TIME
Cast: Angelababy, Mark Chao (Chiu Yau Ting)
Release Date: March

Film: NIGHTFALL (DAI JUI BO)
Cast: Nick Cheung Ka Fai, Simon Yam Tat Wa, Kay Tse On Kay
Release Date: Mid March

Film: MOTORWAY (CHEH SAU)
Cast: Anthony Wong Chau Sun, Shawn Yue Man Lok
Release Date: Tentatively May

Film: DIVA
Cast: Joey Yung Cho Yi, Mag Lam Yun Tung, Chapman To Man Jat
Release Date: June

Film: THE LAST SUPPER
Cast: Daniel Wu (Ng Yin Cho), Liu Ye, Chang Chen
Release Date: Mid June

Film: THE GUILLOTINES (HUET DIK JI)
Cast: Huang Xiaoming, Ethan Juan (Yuen King Tin), Shawn Yue Man Lok
Release Date: Tentatively July

Film: VANISHING BULLET (SIU SUT DIK JI DAN)
Cast: Nicholas Tse Ting Fung, Lau Ching Wan, Mini Yang Mi
Release Date: Mid July

Film: CHINESE ZODIAC (SUP YI SUN CHIU)
Cast: Jackie Chan
Release Date: December 12

Film: NEW CHINESE ODYSSEY (SAI YAU GEI ji CHUI MOR OI JUEN)
Cast: Stephen Chow Sing Chi, Shu Qi, Wen Zhang
Release Date: Tentatively Year End

Film: THE MONKEY KING (DAI LAU TIN GUNG)
Cast: Chow Yun Fat, Aaron Kwok Fu Sing, Donnie Yen Chi Tan
Release Date: Tenatively Year End

Film: WINDSEEKER (TING FUNG JEH)
Cast: Tony Leung Chiu Wai, Zhou Xun, Wang Xueqi
Release Date: To Be Determined

Film: BAUHINIA WOMAN (JI GAING HUP)
Cast: Chrissie Chau Sau Na

Film: 3D THE ICEMAN COMETH (3D GUP DUNG KEI HUP)
Cast: Donnie Yen Chi Tan

Film: SAVING GENERAL YANG (JUNG LIT YEUNG GA JEUNG)
Cast: Dior Cheng Yi Kin, Wu Chun, Raymond Lam Fung

Source: Mingpao

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #126 on: February 03, 2012, 08:48:40 AM »
Happy Birthday Joey Wong :inlove:

Retired in Hongcouver! really miss her as an actress:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #127 on: February 10, 2012, 09:20:41 AM »
Go Lau Ching Wan!

31ST HONG KONG FILM AWARD NOMINATIONS

BEST PICTURE
A SIMPLE LIFE (TOH JEH)
LIFE WITHOUT PRINCIPLE (DUET MING GUM)
FLYING SWORDS OF DRAGON GATE (LUNG MOON FEI GAP)
OVERHEARD 2 (SIT TING FUNG WON 2)
LET THE BULLETS FLY

BEST DIRECTOR
Ann Hui On Wa (A SIMPLE LIFE)
Johnnie To Kei Fung (LIFE WITHOUT PRINCIPLE)
Tsui Hark (FLYING SWORDS OF DRAGON GATE)
Alan Mak Siu Fai, Felix Chong Man Keung (OVERHEARD 2)
Jiang Wen (LET THE BULLETS FLY)

BEST SCREENPLAY
Susan Chan Suk Yin (A SIMPLE LIFE)
Wai Ka Fai, Yau Nai Hoi,
Ray Chan Wai Bun, Jevons Au Man Kit (DON'T GO BREAKING MY HEART)
Milky Way Creative Team, Au Kin Yee,
Wong King Fai (LIFE WITHOUT PRINCIPLE)
Alan Mak Siu Fai, Chong Man Dor (OVERHEARD 2)
Zhu Sjjin, Shu Ping, Jiang Wen,
Guo Junli, Wei Xiao, Li Bukong (LET THE BULLETS FLY)

BEST ACTOR
Andy Lau Tak Wa (A SIMPLE LIFE)
Lau Ching Wan (LIFE WITHOUT PRINCIPLES)
Lau Ching Wan (OVERHEARD 2)
Jiang Wen (LET THE BULLETS FLY)
Ge You (LET THE BULLETS FLY)

BEST ACTRESS
Shu Qi (A BEAUTIFUL LIFE)
Tang Wei (WU XIA)
Deanie Ip Tak Han (A SIMPLE LIFE)
Gao Yuanyuan (DON'T GO BREAKING MY HEART)
Zhou Xun (FLYING DRAGONS OF DRAGON GATE)

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Jimmn Wang Yu (WU XIA)
Paul Chun Pui (A SIMPLE LIFE)
Nicholas Tse Ting Fung (SHAOLIN)
Lo Hoi Peng (LIFE WITHOUT PRINCIPLE)
Kenneth Tsang Kong (OVERHEARD 2)

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Wai Ying Hung (WU XIA)
Qin Hailu (A SIMPLE LIFE)
So Hung Suen (LIFE WITHOUT PRINCIPLE)
Kwai Lun-Mei (FLYING SWORDS OF DRAGON GATE)
Carina Lau Ka Ling (LET THE BULLETS FLY)

BEST NEW PERFORMER
Jam Hsiao (THE KILLER WHO NEVER KILLS)
Shiga Lin (LAN KWAI FONG)
Zheng Shuang (MURAL)
Karena Ng Chin yu (MAGIC TO WIN)
Sheng Chien (FLYING SWORDS OF DRAGON GATE)

BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY
Jake Pollack, Lai Yiu Fai (WU XIA)
Nelson Yu Lik Wai (A SIMPLE LIFE)
Johnny Choi (FLYING SWORDS OF DRAGON GATE)
Anthony Pun Yiu Ming (OVERHEARD 2)
Zhao Fei (LET THE BULLETS FLY)

BEST FILM EDITING
Derek Hui Won Yu (WU XIA)
David Richardson (LIFE WITHOUT PRINCIPLE)
Yau Chi Wai (FLYING SWORDS OF DFRAGON GATE)
Curran Pang Jing Hei (OVERHEARD 2)
Jiang Wen, Cao Weijie (LET THE BULLETS FLY)

BEST ART DIRECTION
Yee Chung Man, Sun Li (WU XIA)
Yee Chung Man, Ben Lau Man Hung (SHAOLIN)
Yee Chung Man, Ben Lau Man Hung (FLYING SWORDS OF DRAGON GATE)
Daniel Lee Yan Kong (WHITE VENGEANCE)
Wong Kar Lang, Gao Yiguang, Yu QInghua (LET THE BULLETS FLY)

BEST COSTUME DESIGN AND MAKE UP
Dora Ng Lei Lo (WU XIA)
Bobo Ng Bo Ling (MURAL)
Lai Hsuan-Wu (FLYING SWORDS OF DRAGON GATE)
Eddie Mok Kwan Kit, Debby Wong Ming Ha (WHITE VENGEANCE)
William Chang Suk Ping (LET THE BULLETS FLY)

BEST ACTION DESIGN
Ching Siu Tung (THE SORCERER AND THE WHITE SNAKE)
Donnie Yen Chi Tan (WU XIA)
Corey Yuen Kwai, Yuen Tak, Li Chung Chi (SHAOLIN)
Yuen Bun, Nam Hoi Hong, Sun Kin Kwai (FLYING SWORDS OF DRAGON GATE)
Ailen Sit Chun Wai, Li Chun Chi (LET THE BULLETS FLY)

BEST ORIGINAL FILM SCORE
Chan Kwong Wing (A BEAUTIFUL LIFE)
Chan Kwong Wing, Peter Kam Pui Tat, Chatchai Pongprapaphan (WU XIA)
William Hu, Li Hanjiang, Gu Xin (FLYING SWORDS OF DRAGON GATE)
Henry Lai Won Man (WHITE VENGEANCE)
Chan Kwong Wing (OVERHEARD 2)

BEST ORIGINAL SONG
MISSED ADDRESS (A BEAUTIFUL LIFE) Ivana Wong Yuen Chi
TWO HEARTED FLOWER (HI, FIDELITY) Sandy Lam Yik Lin
WANDERING LOST IN THE WORLD (WU XIA) Dou Wei
COMPREHEND (SHAOLIN) Andy Lau Tak Wa
FLOODED GOLDEN MOUNTAIN (LIFE WITHOUT PRINCIPLE) Ngok Mei

BEST SOUND DESIGN
Nopawat Likitwong, Traithep Wongpaiboon (WU XIA)
Kim Seok-Won (FLYING SWORDS OF DRAGON GATE)
Phyllis Cheng Wing Yuen, Lam Siu Yu (WHITE VENGEANCE)
Kinson Tsang King Cheung (OVERHEARD 2)
Wen Bo, Wang Gang (LET THE BULLETS FLYING)

BEST VISUAL EFFECTS
Ryu Hee-Jung, Eddy Wong Won Hin,
Ken Law Wai Ho (THE SORCERER AND THE WHITE SNAKE)
Yung Kwok Yin, Andy Kang Chung Cheung (WU XIA)
Christopher Bremble (MURAL)
Wook Kim, Josh Cole, Frankie Chung Chi Hung (FLYING SWORDS OF DRAGON GATE)
Victor Wong Won Tat, Eman Tse Yi Man (LET THE BULLETS FLY)

BEST TWO COASTS CHINESE FILMS
YOU ARE THE APPLE OF MY EYE
THE FLOWERS OF WAR
IF YOU ARE THE ONE 2
STARRY STARRY NIGHT
WARRIORS OF THE RAINBOW: SEEDIQ BALE

BEST NEW DIRECTOR
Jessey Tsang Tsui Shan (BIG BLUE LAKE)
Calvin Poon Yuen Leung (HI, FIDELITY)
Bill Yip Kim Fung (CURE)

Source: Takungpao, Mingpao, Singtao, on.cc

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #128 on: February 19, 2012, 12:05:31 PM »
Insert Nick Cheung thread :lol:

SHIT BE HARDCORE. Looks to be an awards winner. of course there's Simon Yam too lol

Zhou Xianyang, director of the crime thriller "Murderer,"  will bring his latest gangster film "Nightfall 《大追捕》" to mainland big screens, March 15, 2012.

Starring award-winning actors Simon Yam and Nick Cheung, the film weaves violence, suspense, and true love tightly together. In the film, the crazy cop (portrayed by Yam) tracks down the newly-released prisoner (portrayed by Cheung), who wants to seek revenge.

The movie's mixed style has caused it to be dubbed as a non-traditional film. Zhou responded, "As a young director, I think shooting a film should not be dogmatic. We should have some new ideas and try our best to make it a bit different. "

The film's leading actors Nick Cheung and Simon Yam were both crowned Best Actor at Hong Kong Film Awards for their excellent performances in "The Beast Stalker" and "Echoes Of The Rainbow," respectively.

By Liu Shuai

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #129 on: February 22, 2012, 12:01:13 AM »
Nightfall looks great!!! Veteran actors ftw!!!

YouTube uploader asiatrailer2  states this film was finished in 2010, but delays mean release will be in March:

[rl=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN8BH5kiXjc]Nunchaks Official first Trailer 2012 [Dragon Chen]

First trailer was pulled quickly, maybe this clip will last longer:
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 06:45:23 AM by muppet »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #130 on: March 10, 2012, 06:18:14 AM »
LEGENDARY! One of Hong Kong's best directors with another winner!

Ann Hui
Posted: 29 Feb 2012

Veteran director Ann Hui talks to Edmund Lee about her acclaimed new film, A Simple Life.

For someone who craves for a low profile and always shies away from the public spotlight, Ann Hui On-wah, the veteran filmmaker who has turned out classic after classic in her 30-plus-year career in the industry, is perhaps far too talented for her own good. Her latest masterpiece, A Simple Life, is a quiet drama on a middle-aged film producer’s (Andy Lau) efforts to care for his family’s elderly amah (Deanie Ip) – a traditional kind of domestic maid who commonly serves a household over its various generations – during her twilight years. Having already garnered a Best Actress award for Ip at last year’s Venice Film Festival and the Best Director, Actor and Actress honours at the Taipei Golden Horse Film Festival, among various other accolades, the film has also received eight nominations for April’s Hong Kong Film Awards – which means that Hui can again hope for the best at the ceremony, and prepare for the worst attention on the streets.

What attracted you to this story at first?
 I was attracted by its themes of ageing and master-servant relationships. The type of housekeeping arrangement portrayed in the film is more or less extinct nowadays; the modes of human interactions have really changed with time. As for ageing, it’s something that I have to confront all the time because my mother is getting older and older. I’ve experienced a lot of emotions from that. At the same time, I’m getting old myself, so I’m also starting to contemplate what the right attitude [of facing old age] should be. It’s a topic that’s very close to my life.

In your film, Lau’s character brings Ip’s to a movie premiere. Do you plan to bring your mother to see A Simple Life?
 I thought this is perfectly okay at first but I’m having second thoughts recently. My mother has a different way of looking at ageing than I do – she feels indignant about getting old. And because she’s actually old, there’s no way you can force her to accept it. If I bring her to the premiere she may well pass out or something. She may think: [in heightened voice] are you giving me hints? Are you thinking of putting me in an old people’s home? [Laughs] I’m really worried about that!

Your 1995 film, Summer Snow, was also about ageing and death. How have you changed as a filmmaker since then?
 I guess I’ve improved a little. I may not [always] have a substantial idea of exactly what I want but when I come across the right idea, I’ll know. I don’t need to have everything pre-planned and I feel more content to explore new ideas on the set. I’m enjoying the freedom to discover.

Do you see yourself as an auteur now?
 I’m starting to slowly turn into one. I’m starting to find my ways. But it’s a real pity that I’m not
 young any more. It’s too late to have found [my ways].

Well, that’s hard to say. There are directors who just keep on getting better with years.
 I don’t know. I feel that there’s no need for me to plan too far ahead. I’ll just go with the flow, since I’ve been going this way for so long already. If I suddenly start a new business venture [chuckles] to make a big fortune now, it’ll look very strange. So there. I’m feeling okay [as I am].

What’s been the best part of making A Simple Life?

I think it’s important to always improve, so my happiest realisation from this shoot is that my model of experimentation – which I began with The Postmodern Life of My Aunt (2006) and continued with The Way We Are (2008) – is now showing obvious improvement. The approach has matured to the extent that the new film is winning awards and acclaims. Now the major danger that I’m facing is that this film may be getting too many honours – and that I may have been rated too highly by the public. This is an extremely uncomfortable position to be in. I’m not comfortable with it. Adding to that the publicity that I’ve recently been doing for this film, I’m starting to get recognised on the streets – which is another extremely uncomfortable experience for me.

No way! You must have been recognisable in public for a very long time now.
 But this period has been crazy – it’s killing me. People smile at me for no reasons on the streets or on the MTR! Nobody looked at me in the past. If the film turns out to be a [commercial] success, the situation may get even worse!

Did you have similar experiences with your previous films?
 It seems to be especially intense this time. I was recognised after I made Boat People (1982) perhaps due to the publicity then. But people were not as ‘friendly’ as they are now… this is scary. I’ve no idea who they are! [Laughs] You know what I mean? They act like they really know you! It puts me under a lot of pressure.

Well, I’m sure you’ll get used to it soon.
 The only consolation is that they’ll forget you after a while and things will return to normal. It’ll be fine then.

source: http://www.timeout.com.hk/film/features/49125/ann-hui.html

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #131 on: April 04, 2012, 09:22:54 AM »

promo pics for 31st Hong Kong Film awards

the nominess: http://www.hkfaa.com

最佳電影  Best Film    

桃姐 A Simple Life
 聯合出品:博納影視娛樂有限公司、映藝娛樂有限公司、 銀都機構有限公司
 Co-presented by:Bona Entertainment Co Ltd, Focus Films Ltd,
 Sil-Metropole Organisation Ltd
 監製: 李恩霖、許鞍華、陳佩華
Produced by : Roger Lee, Ann Hui On Wah, Chan Pui Wah

奪命金 Life Without Principle
 出品:寰亞電影有限公司
 Presented by:Media Asia Films Ltd
 監製:杜琪峯
 Produced by:Johnny To Kei Fung

龍門飛甲 Flying Swords Of Dragon Gate
 聯合出品:博納影視娛樂有限公司、博納影業集團有限公司、 中國電影股份有限公司、
上海尚世影業有限公司 北京華影盛視文化傳播有限公司
 Co-presented by:Bona Entertainment Co Ltd, Bona Film Group Co Ltd,
 China Film Co Ltd, SMG Pictures, Shine Show Interactive Media Co Ltd
 監製:徐克
 Produced by : Tsui Hark

竊聽風雲2 Overheard 2
 聯合出品:博納影視娛樂有限公司、銀都機構有限公司
 CCo-presented by:Bona Entertainment Co Ltd, Sil-Metropole Organisation Ltd
 監製:爾冬陞
 Produced by : Derek Yee Tung Sing

讓子彈飛 Let The Bullets Fly
 聯合出品:英皇電影(國際)有限公司、北京不亦樂乎電影文化發展有限公司、
 中國電影集團公司、幸福藍海影視文化集團、峨眉電影集團、
 文化中國傳播集團
 Co-presented by:Emperor Motion Picture (Interntational) Ltd, Beijing Buyilehu Film and Culture Ltd, China Film Group Corporation, Happy Blue Sea Film & Television Group,
Emei Film Group, China Vision Media Group Ltd
 監製:馬珂、利雅博、尹紅波、董韻詩、趙海城
 Produced by : Ma Ke, Albert Lee, Yin Homber, Barbie Tung, Zhao Haicheng

最佳導演 Best Director    

許鞍華(桃姐)Ann Hui On Wah (A Simple Life)
 杜琪峯(奪命金)Johnny To Kei Fung (Life Without Principle)
 徐克(龍門飛甲)Tsui Hark (Flying Swords Of Dragon Gate)
 麥兆輝、莊文強(竊聽風雲2)Alan Mak Shiu Fai, Felix Chong Man Keung(Overheard 2)
 姜文(讓子彈飛)Jiang Wen (Let The Bullets Fly)

最佳編劇 Best Screenplay    

陳淑賢(桃姐)Susan Chan Suk Yin (A Simple Life)
韋家輝、游乃海、陳偉斌、歐文傑(單身男女) Wai Ka Fai, Yau Nai Hoi,
 Ryker Chan, Jevons Au (Don’t Go Breaking My Heart)
銀河創作組、歐健兒、黃勁輝(奪命金) Milkyway Creative Team,
Au Kin Yee, Wong King Fai (Life Without Principle)
麥兆輝、莊文強(竊聽風雲2)Alan Mak Shiu Fai,Felix Chong Man Keung
 (Overheard 2)
 朱蘇進、述平、姜文、郭俊立、危笑、李不空(讓子彈飛) Zhu Sujin, Shu Ping,
 Jiang Wen, Guo Junli, Wei Xiao, Li Bukong (Let The Bullets Fly)

最佳男主角  Best Actor    

劉德華(桃姐)Andy Lau Tak Wah (A Simple Life)
劉青雲(奪命金)Lau Ching Wan (Life Without Principle)
劉青雲(竊聽風雲2)Lau Ching Wan (Overheard 2)
姜文(讓子彈飛)Jiang Wen (Let The Bullets Fly)
葛優(讓子彈飛)Ge You (Let The Bullets Fly)

最佳女主角 Best Actress    

舒淇(不再讓你孤單)Shu Qi (A Beautiful Life)
湯唯(武俠)Tang Wei (Wu Xia)
葉德嫻(桃姐)Deanie Ip (A Simple Life)
高圓圓(單身男女)Gao Yuanyuan (Don’t Go Breaking My Heart)
周迅(龍門飛甲)Zhou Xun (Flying Swords Of Dragon Gate)

最佳男配角  Best Supporting Actor    

王羽(武俠)Jimmy Wang Yu (Wu Xia)
秦沛(桃姐)Paul Chiang (A Simple Life)
謝霆鋒(新少林寺)Nicholas Tse (Shaolin)
盧海鵬(奪命金)Lo Hoi Pang (Life Without Principle)
曾江(竊聽風雲2)Kenneth Tsang (Overheard 2)

最佳女配角  Best Supporting Actress    

惠英紅(武俠)Wai Ying Hung (Wu Xia)
秦海璐(桃姐)Qin Hailu (A Simple Life)
蘇杏璇(奪命金)So Hang Shuen (Life Without Principle)
桂綸鎂(龍門飛甲)Gwei Lun Mei (Flying Swords Of Dragon Gate)
劉嘉玲(讓子彈飛)Carina Lau (Let The Bullets Fly)

最佳新演員 Best New Performer    

蕭敬騰(殺手歐陽盆栽)Hsiao Ching Teng (The Killer Who Never Kills)
連詩雅(喜愛夜蒲)Shiga Lin (Lan Kwai Fong)
鄭爽(畫壁)Zheng Shuang (Mural)
吳千語(開心魔法)Karena Ng (Magic To Win)
盛鑑(龍門飛甲)Sheng Chien (Flying Swords Of Dragon Gate)

最佳攝影 Best Cinematography    

包軒鳴、黎耀輝(武俠)Jake Pollock & Lai Yiu Fai (Wu Xia)
余力為(桃姐)Yu Lik Wai (A Simple Life)
蔡崇輝(龍門飛甲)Choi Sung Fai (Flying Swords Of Dragon Gate)
潘耀明(竊聽風雲2)Anthony Pun Yiu Ming (Overheard 2)
趙非(讓子彈飛)Zhao Fei (Let The Bullets Fly)

最佳剪接 Best Film Editing    

許宏宇(武俠)Derek Hui (Wu Xia)
David Richardson(奪命金)David Richardson (Life Without Principle)
邱志偉(龍門飛甲)Yau Chi Wai (Flying Swords Of Dragon Gate)
彭正熙(竊聽風雲2)Curran Pang (Overheard 2)
姜文、曹偉傑(讓子彈飛)Jiang Wen&Cao Wei Jie (Let The Bullets Fly)

最佳美術指導 Best Art Direction    

奚仲文、孫立(武俠)Yee Chung Man & Sun Li (Wu Xia)
奚仲文、劉敏雄(新少林寺)Yee Chung Man & Lau Man Hung (Shaolin)
奚仲文、劉敏雄(龍門飛甲)Yee Chung Man & Lau Man Hung (Flying Swords Of Dragon Gate)
李仁港(鴻門宴)Daniel Lee (White Vengeance)
黃家能、于慶華、高亦光(讓子彈飛)Eddy Wong, Yu Qing Hua & Gao Yi Guang
(Let The Bullets Fly)

最佳服裝造型設計 Best Costume & Make Up Design    

吳里璐(武俠)Dora Ng Li Lo (Wu Xia)
吳寶玲(畫壁)Ng Po Ling (Mural)
賴宣吾(龍門飛甲)Lai Hsuan Wu (Flying Swords Of Dragon Gate)
莫均傑、黃明霞(鴻門宴)Eddy Mok Kwan Kit, Debby Wong Ming Ha (White Vengeance)
張叔平(讓子彈飛)William Chang Suk Ping (Let The Bullets Fly)

最佳動作設計  Best Action Choreography    

程小東(白蛇傳說)Tony Ching Siu Tung (The Sorcerer And The White Snake)
甄子丹(武俠)Donnie Yen (Wu Xia)
元奎、元德、李忠志(新少林寺)Cory Yuen, Yuen Tak & Li Chung Chi (Shaolin)
元彬、藍海瀚、孫建魁(龍門飛甲)Yuen Bun, Lan Hai Han & Sun Jiankui (Flying Swords Of Dragon Gate)
薛春煒、李忠志(讓子彈飛)Sit Chun Wai & Lee Chung Chi (Let The Bullets Fly)

最佳原創電影音樂 Best Original Film Score    

陳光榮(不再讓你孤單)Chan Kwong Wing (A Beautiful Life)
陳光榮、金培達、Chatchai Pongprapaphan(武俠)Chan Kwong Wing,
 Peter Kam Pui Tat & Chatchai Pongprapaphan (Wu Xia)
胡偉立、黎翰江、顧鑫(龍門飛甲)Wu Wai Lap, Li Han Chiang & Gu Xin
(Flying Swords Of Dragon Gate)
黎允文(鴻門宴)Henry Lai Wan Man (White Vengeance)
陳光榮(竊聽風雲2)Chan Kwong Wing (Overheard 2)

最佳原創電影歌曲 Best Original Film Song    

.錯過了地址(不再讓你孤單 A Beautiful Life)
 作曲、填詞及主唱:王菀之
 Composer, Lyric & Sung by:Ivana Wong

兩心花(出軌的女人 Hi, Fidelity)
 作曲Composer:恭碩良Jun Kung
 填詞 Lyric:潘源良 Calvin Poon Yuen Leung
 主唱 Sung by:林憶蓮Sandy Lam

迷走江湖(武俠)
 作曲、填詞、主唱:竇唯
 Composer, Lyric & Sung by:Dou Wei

悟(新少林寺)
 作曲 Composer:趙欽 Q.luv
 填詞及主唱: 劉德華
 Lyric & Sung by :Andy Lau Tak Wah

水漫金山(奪命金)
 作曲及主唱:岳薇  Composer & Sung by :Yue Wei
 填詞 Lyric:林夕 Lin Xi

最佳音響效果 Best Sound Design    

Nopawat Likitwong &Traithep Wongpaiboon(武俠) Nopawat Likitwong & Traithep Wongpaiboon (Wu Xia)
 金石源(龍門飛甲) Kim Suk Won (Flying Swords Of Dragon Gate)
鄭穎園、林紹儒(鴻門宴)Phyllis Cheng & Lam Siu Yu (White Vengeance)
曾景祥(竊聽風雲2)Kinson Tsang (Overheard 2)
 溫波、王鋼(讓子彈飛)Wen Bo & Wang Gang (Let The Bullets Fly)

最佳視覺效果 Best Visual Effects    

Ryu Hee Jung、黃宏顯、羅偉豪(白蛇傳說)
Ryu Hee Jung, Eddy Wong & Law Wai Ho (The Sorcerer And The White Snake)
 翁國賢、姜鍾翊(武俠) Yung Kwok Yin & Andy Kang (Wu Xia)
Christopher Bremble(畫壁)Christopher Bremble (Mural)
Wook Kim、Josh Cole、鍾智行(龍門飛甲)Wook Kim、Josh Cole、Frankie Chung
 黃宏達、謝伊文(讓子彈飛)Victor Wong & Xie Yi Wen (Let The Bullets Fly)

新晉導演 Best New Director    

曾翠珊(大藍湖)Tsang Tsui Shan (The Big Blue Lake)
 潘源良(出軌的女人) Calvin Poon Yuen Leung (Hi, Fidelity)
葉劍峰(金不換)Bill Yip Kim Fung (Cure)

最佳兩岸華語電影 Best Film Of Mainland  And Taiwan   

那些年,我們一起追的女孩 You Are The Apple Of My Eye
 金陵十三釵 The Flowers Of War
非誠勿擾II If You Are The One II
星空 Starry Starry Night
 賽德克‧巴萊 Warriors Of The Rainbow: Seediq Bale

« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 09:28:06 AM by daigong »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #132 on: April 07, 2012, 01:41:38 AM »
Lookin forward to This movie XD star wars spoof?

Promotional materials and a short trailer were recently released for Stephen Fung's "Tai Chi 0" 《太极》 first of a  trilogy. Shu Qi and Daniel Wu, besides those below, were also announced as cast. Sammo Hung will action direct the Huayi Brothers production. The posters were unveiled in Beijing's World Trade Center subway station, Beijing's busiest stop.

more posters here: http://ent.sina.com.cn/m/c/2012-04-04/22063597312.shtml

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #133 on: April 17, 2012, 09:04:13 AM »
no surprise here!

'A Simple Life' Sweeps Hong Kong Film Awards

GJ Andy, Deanie and Ann!! PRIDE to Hong Kong CINEMA!

TVB veteran actors Lo Hoi Pang & So Hang Shuen pick up a few for Johnnie to's latest!

Best Film     A Simple Life
Best Director    Ann Hui (A Simple Life)
Best Screenplay    Susan Chan (A Simple Life)
Best Actor    Andy Lau (A Simple Life)
Best Actress    Deanie Ip (A Simple Life)
Best Supporting Actor    Lo Hoi Pang (Life Without Principle)
Best Supporting Actress    So Hang Shuen (Life Without Principle)
Best New Performer    Hsiao Ching Teng (The Killer Who Never Kills)
Best Cinematography    Jake Pollock & Lai Yiu Fai (Wu Xia)
Best Film Editing    Yau Chi Wai (Flying Swords Of Dragon Gate)
Best Art Direction    
Yee Chung Man & Lau Man Hung
Best Costume & Make Up Design   William Chang (Let The Bullets Fly)
Best Action Choreography    Yuen Bun, Lan Hai Han & Sun Jiankui
Best Original Film Score    Chan Kwong Wing, Peter Kam Pui Tat & Chatchai Pongprapaphan (Wu Xia)
Best Original Film Song    Sandy Lam(Hi, Fidelity)
Best Sound Design     Kim Suk Won (Flying Swords Of Dragon Gate)
Best Visual Effects    Wook Kim、Josh Cole、Frankie Chung
Best New Director    Tsang Tsui Shan (The Big Blue Lake)
Best Film Of Mainland And Taiwan    You Are The Apple Of My Eye

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #134 on: May 08, 2012, 10:00:17 AM »
somebody wants to win a best actor award (again) Aaron Kwok  "Floating City"

In the film, he portrays a business mogul who develops from a nobody into an influential person over the course of 40 years.

Aaron Kwok and Charlie Young play husband and wife in Yim Ho's biopic "Floating City"

I just wanna see it for Charlie. I know of this restaurant - Jumbo but should be interesting to know the story behind the mogul.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #135 on: May 19, 2012, 10:08:50 AM »
Chinese actresses turning heads at Cannes 2012!! The sexy Hao Lei :inlove:

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #136 on: July 20, 2012, 07:56:41 PM »
THE FOUR
Fist Of Legend director Gordon Chan will soon be bringing a cast of Colin Chou, Anthony Wong, Crystal Liu, Deng Chao and Ronald Cheng to the big screen with The Four - a fresh adaptation of popular story The Four Constables.

An undercover agent is assigned by his corrupt chief to infiltrate a rival department and sabotage their investigation of counterfeit currency. What he discovers is the counterfeiter's real plan. To overthrow the capital. Not by flooding it with funny money, but with an army of undead.

Fusing elements of action and horror together, it looks like Chan is aiming to take a trip back to Hong Kong's glory years and the days when these sorts of hybrid films - think The Bride With White Hair - were a regular event.
http://twitchfilm.com/news/2012/05/full-trailer-for-gordon-chans-hong-kong-action-horror-the-four.php

Making of

TV spot

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #137 on: July 21, 2012, 04:50:59 AM »
WHOA NICE! did u watch it? going against Batman this weekend eh! had no idea they based it on the famous novel

I wonder if they'll adapt it for overseas. DO IT TARANTINO!!

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #138 on: July 21, 2012, 07:03:43 AM »
Opens 26th July per the local poster.  Will post a mini review after watching.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #139 on: July 22, 2012, 05:51:54 AM »
Opens 26th July per the local poster.  Will post a mini review after watching.
AHH my bad. I was thinking it was August 4 long weekend already XD HiP HoP Hizzy 300th Episode!! :jphip:

Like, there's quality movies like this :lol:

China Lion Film Distribution is set to ramp up its North American release schedule after acquiring five titles at Cannes as well as targeting films it hopes will cross over to U.S. art house audiences. Its acquisitions for the States, where it has a deal with AMC Entertainment to screen up to 15 titles a year, include the raunchy Hong Kong comedy Vulgaria, Taiwanese romantic comedies Girlfriend Boyfriend and When A Wolf Falls In Love With A Sheep, warlord actioner The Bullet Vanishes and Thai martial arts pic Rebirth.

via http://ent.sina.com.cn/m/c/2012-07-20/12203690453.shtml

Poor Elanne. when you get Chapman To, Ronald Cheng and Lam Suet in the same film - look out XD

me and muppet will be going DADA :drool:

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: D-51 - Donna ni