JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Gheee - Beautiful Stungun

Author Topic: Official Toku thread (kamen rider/sentai)  (Read 723081 times)

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
Re: Official Toku thread (kamen rider/sentai)
« Reply #3300 on: March 18, 2016, 06:49:29 AM »
trailer

doesn't look like your typical sunday morning rider show :O

there's also a new Garo series starting next month:
http://garo-project.jp/RETSUDEN/

and a Zero series this year.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 06:59:39 AM by Aioros »

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #3301 on: March 20, 2016, 06:35:06 PM »

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #3302 on: May 25, 2016, 08:06:54 PM »
Garo Makai Retsuden has been such a nostalgia-fest. :heart:
They've been able to get so many of the actors to come back and do their characters again, even though its just for one episode. so cool. :wub:
http://garo-project.jp/RETSUDEN/characters.html

Rei is gonna get another tv series too. awesome~ :)
http://ameblo.jp/garo-project/entry-12162220863.html

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #3304 on: October 08, 2016, 08:37:01 PM »
Trailer for the reboot MMPR movie:

@ 01:50, it looks like the Jason/Kimberly ship from the original TV series that people had wanted/expected (at least, before Tommy showed up) might finally be happening.

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3305 on: December 17, 2016, 05:58:44 PM »
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 07:37:26 PM by LME »
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3306 on: December 19, 2016, 07:32:55 PM »
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #3307 on: December 28, 2016, 10:01:46 PM »
In another instance of "Oh fuck I feel old", I was randomly browsing, letting the interwebz take me wherever, little Matsumoto Tamaki, who played "Child version Hana/Kohana" in Kamen Rider Den-O is (as of this post) 17 years old.  :shocked

For anyone having trouble remembering, here's an old avatar of mine that shows her getting her cute widdle cheeks squeezed by Momotaros way-back-when:

*NB - if the math is correct, she would have been around 9 at this time.

Apparently she's now retired from acting, but still works as a seiyuu/voice actress(?). Also, she still has a profile page on Victor Entertainment's website - http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/flyingdog/-/Profile/A023097.html

She's on Twitter, and she's got skillz - https://twitter.com/tamaki0207/status/717294044171227137

Offline wbx

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3308 on: December 31, 2016, 11:07:46 PM »
I don't know how many of the jphip users understand German, but I'd like to introduce the German tokusatsu news blog Toku-Dachi.
Toku-Dachi was founded in 2015 and releases news from various toku shows like Super Sentai, Kamen Rider, GARO, Ultraman, Power Rangers and more. So, if you are interestet in one of these shows and have no problem with understanding German feel free to visit. And if you don't understand German, we have the links to our English and Japanese sources at the bottom of each news  ;).

Blog: http://toku-dachi.blogspot.de/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TokuDachi
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/tokudachi
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6JSRRdjFCqFMhlf5Hhfnww
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 11:20:55 PM by wbx »

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #3309 on: January 08, 2017, 06:03:13 AM »

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #3310 on: January 08, 2017, 09:57:48 AM »
Want to rant a bit.

A few years back I started thinking Kamen Rider lost its serious storytelling. It was becoming more and more kiddy and focused on bright-colored "toy-selling". It was basically becoming more and more like a one-man Super Sentai show.

- Den-O had a bunch of forms. They were cool, each with their own character (banter between Momotaros and the gang was always fun). And it had a cool time-travelling story.
- Kiva quality kept going up and down, but it did have style. The story also picked up near the end when we got the bad guys showing up. The past/present time storyline was also interesting in its own way.
- Decade was fanservice notched straight to 100%. It was an awesome nostalgia trip. Fathers went to movie theaters with their kids just as excited watching this new KR Decade fighting alongside the KR heroes from their own childhood. Its like the Star Wars Force Awakens of Japan! I hated some episodes like having kids turn into some Riders (WTF Don't mess with our childhood man. You don't have a kid henshin into Darth Vader, right?). But that weighed so little compared to all the awesome fun it brought. De De De Decade!

- I think it was around Kamen Rider W when the show became a 20min toy CM. :roll:
That stupid CG car that we saw for 3 episodes.
Those thumb drive transforming things.
Like how many 2-colored-form figures do you wanna make? 10? 30?

- Apparently not enough, cos OOO made the forms into 3-color combinations! Of course, with multi colored transformation coins too...
The weapons started getting sooooo sentai around here. An axe turning into a bazooka? A sword you enter coins to power up a finishing move... :banghead:

The shows after it just continued down the toy CM trend more and more.With the current Ex-Aid totally embracing it.

A fat Level 1 form that nobody cares about. They're weak and stupid, fans like strong things. Am I watching KR or did Go-onger's BOMPER have kids?
Then Level 2... which actually looks like a Kamen Rider, barely. One of them turns into a bike and can't even fight.. lolz~
Level 3... sticking random stuff onto Level 2.
And Level 4 onwards... just challenging how much uglier they can make them.

Like do these even look like Kamen Riders to you?

The thing is, there are a lot to like about Ex-Aid.
- Hojo Emu, the main hero intern doctor. That simply wants to help and save people 2 episodes at a time (yeah. KR saved ppl back in the day).
- The 4 guys comraderie. At times in-fighting for their own goals, sometimes helping each other. Likeable with clear personality traits that are easy to relate to even for kids. Their KR forms are also very distinct with the game genre themes.
- Main enemies showing up with their evil plan early to build up the story, instead of waiting 30 episodes in to even give you a F'ing idea (you KR Drive/Ghost...).  :thumbup
- The story has been really good so far too. Giving backstory to explain each character's actions. Things about them we want to know more about. Just setting up a good base for the story to unravel.
- I'm totally ok with ikemen actors using this show as a springboard for their careers. They look cool. And so far they've all brought it. The more ikemen guys the merrier!!

- And of course the glue that keeps the 4 boys in check. Matsuda Ruka.
Karino Asuna the serious nurse avatar that does all the exposition.
Who doesn't like nurses, angel in a white dress that saves people. So positive!
Not into that? No problem she's actually Poppi Pipopapo your loopy 2D pink hair waifu born from a music game! :oops:

This character mix just hit every male target audience in existence. GG Poppi Pipopapo! GG!  :lol:

Ex-Aid is fun. Maybe one of the better KRs in recent years.
I understand KR now is a morning kids show. Most kids still love watching it. And the basic goal is still to sell toys. I'm just a little disappointed and want them to be less blatant and lazy about it. Doing KR for an adult audience doesn't mean it has to go all KR Amazon either, with human eating monsters and sick emo characters in a bleak world. Like who wanted that show? Good stories can be made for all ages.
KR now is a different beast from the one I saw as a kid. It probably won't and shouldn't go back to the style of old. I just hope to see them put some actual effort into the storytelling and design of them. So people can actually watch Kamen Rider and honestly say "Cool!~~" again, instead of "did a 5 year-old design these?".

A little too riled up for a weekend kiddy breakfast TV show? Totally~  :nervous
Anyways. I hope the show just continues on the KR legacy, and kids keep enjoying it! :)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 10:03:28 AM by winner »

Offline Ruka Kikuchi

• Member+
  • Aspiring actress and writing for fun!
    • rukakikuchi
    • rukakikuchi
« Reply #3311 on: January 28, 2017, 10:07:20 PM »
For those who haven't seen ZERO Dragon Blood yet... Get on it! ^_^

Also, several new projects announced, including a new movie focusing on Ryuga, and, FINALLY, a new teaser for Raiga's movie!

(P.S. I ship Raiga x Mayuri. >w<)

AAAAAAAND

A GARO event on Final Fantasy XIV! How cool is that?!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

:heart: l Completed: Fire and Ice l Black Chocolate l My eternal blue rose l Dishonored l The Black Rose l Fruits of a Rose l Remnants l :heart:
:heart: l Dropped: Tentomu chu l REBORN l Bite me l NMB Gakuen l YumeToki l Cafe 48 l :heart: l Hiatus/Indefinite: Samurai l Blood Bonds l Night Wind's Deed l PRISM l Time Travelers l :heart:
:heart: l Collab threads: Sky&Ruka l Ruka&Michael l :heart:
 l Compilation thread: 48G New Gen l :heart:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #3312 on: January 29, 2017, 02:59:00 AM »
^
TBH/When you think about it, given how the "fantasy" elements from both franchises can blend so well, I'm personally surprised that they hadn't come out with one until now.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #3313 on: February 26, 2017, 06:30:36 AM »
At last, the Kamen Rider show has fallen to Super Sentai assimilation.  :doh:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #3314 on: March 13, 2017, 08:12:43 PM »
Gotta admit, I'd probably go to Krispy Kreme for this (that is, if we had one here in Peg Sheety).

FoodBeast.com - Krispy Kreme Assembles Mighty POWER RANGERS Doughnuts For A Limited Time
- http://www.foodbeast.com/news/powerrangers-krispykreme/

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

Offline rinkakuma

« Reply #3316 on: May 03, 2017, 01:18:26 PM »
about new kamen rider web series..

if it possible to make another series like amazon??

if it possible, i guess will be kamen rider stronger because the stories is dark too  XD

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #3317 on: July 12, 2017, 06:03:38 AM »
Once again, I'm trying to get back in to Garo. Last I remember I was on Makai no Hana before my computer crashed and couldn't retrieve the video files. While I was looking for torrents I found news that the first season of Garo will be released in the US on blu-ray.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-10-10/kraken-releasing-licenses-garo-live-action-series/.107469

Another surprise: Fujimoto Miki makes an appearance in the upcoming Kamen Rider Ex-Aid movie this August. (around 0:50 mark in the trailer)

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #3318 on: July 13, 2017, 05:00:34 AM »

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Gheee - Beautiful Stungun