JPHiP Radio (33/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Itano Tomomi - Belly Dancer

Author Topic: (Band) LUNA SEA  (Read 17297 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
(Band) LUNA SEA
« on: July 04, 2005, 09:26:14 AM »
LUNA SEA

Any fans? They broke up in 2000 but still one of the few Jrock bands I listen to. We all know them as the band that has the dummer that married 1st Generation MM Aya Ishiguro (dude on the extreme left)

I only got hooked on during LUNACY so I missed all their visual stuff. Ryuichi Kawamura has done songs for pop stars like Uehara Takako. The others had their solo projects...SUGIZO had a mini movie "Soundtrack" co-starring the hot Kou Shibasaki.

Songs I like: Love Song, gravity, TONIGHT, etc.

Apparently, Ryuichi and INORAN are teaming up again!

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/video_gallery/showbizzy_interview/g050706.html

With like a single in September or something. Last time I heard, Mr. Ayappe teamed up with sugizo?

Offline Ping

• Hiatus King
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Reina <3 4Eva!
(Band) LUNA SEA
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2005, 09:29:21 AM »
I've listened to a few of their songs. First J-Rock type stuff I got into. Their pretty good.

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
(Band) LUNA SEA
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2005, 10:24:34 AM »
I love LUNA SEA. One of my first bands when I went into my Jrock hype. They're all a bunch of talented dudes, really talented. I've been following Sugizo and Inoran's projects after they disbanded.

I got "Slow" a few weeks ago, it's a "best of" of some sort. I'd say my favorite songs are Mother, gravity, crazy about you and Forever & Ever.

Offline amuse

• ecchi
  • Member+
(Band) LUNA SEA
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2005, 04:24:32 PM »
I never really got into Luna Sea but the first song I heard and liked was "I For You". It was from the drama "god please give me more time"
Quote from: hot_lilAzn
i named mine Man of steel becuz it\'s always hard as steel and hard lol :wink:

Offline Naxo

(Band) LUNA SEA
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2005, 07:06:42 PM »
Really good. One of those great bands that Japan had but nobody notices here...

Offline gunsNroses

• Member+
(Band) LUNA SEA
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2006, 09:37:59 AM »
love song is fucking good

Offline Kei

• It's legal in MY country!
  • Member+
(Band) LUNA SEA
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2006, 03:31:26 PM »
My copy of MOTHER is probably the best CD I own (not including H!P ones). My favourite songs are MOTHER, FACE TO FACE, FOREVER & EVER, TWICE and gravity.
赤い瞳は ソドムの街で
美しい女を 採集する
針で止めた 蝶や蛾の様に
動けないおまえは 俺の物

Offline BradVickers

• Caffeine Bomb
  • ecchi
  • Member+
(Band) LUNA SEA
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2006, 01:28:11 AM »
Amazing band. One of my all-time favorites. They had such a wide variety of different songs. Storm was one of the first songs I ever learned to play on guitar. All A class musicians and I miss them. At least they get back together and have a concert every once in a while.
Too bad Ryuichi turned to pop when the band broke up. He has the best voice in all of Japanese rock and it's going to waste. Heard a funny story that when they reunited for a concert a few old women, who were fans of Ryuichi's solo stuff, showed up and had to hold their hands over their ears the whole show. Hopefully, they'll record a new album some day.

Baba Booey

Offline BradVickers

• Caffeine Bomb
  • ecchi
  • Member+
(Band) LUNA SEA
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2006, 05:56:28 PM »
It's just wishful thinking. Yeah, Shinya's been playing for Aikawa Nanase and I think that's great. Considering that she kicks a lot of ass

Baba Booey

Offline BradVickers

• Caffeine Bomb
  • ecchi
  • Member+
(Band) LUNA SEA
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2006, 02:12:16 PM »
Yeah... I was really disappointed with all of the TOURBILLON stuff I've heard. INORAN should've just stayed with FAKE?, they were much better.

Baba Booey

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
(Band) LUNA SEA
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2006, 03:15:17 AM »
What's going on here? A mini-perf of 1500 people. I saw this newsclip and Ryuichi is like totally eating the mic. Damn his vocals were great. Dude hasn't missed a beat.

[ 56k | 300k ]

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/video_gallery/showbizzy_interview/g060657.html

Offline BradVickers

• Caffeine Bomb
  • ecchi
  • Member+
(Band) LUNA SEA
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2006, 03:27:22 AM »
Haha, he is getting pretty personal with that mic.
He's still my favorite vocalist. Too bad he's making music for 40-year-old housewives.

Baba Booey

Offline ushi

• Member+
(Band) LUNA SEA
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2006, 05:10:42 PM »
In Japan, Kawamura receives/received critical acclaim as well as harsh criticism for his "elaborate emotional singing style".  He seemed to want to play into the emotional female fanbase more than the hardcore rock lovers.

LUNA SEA was one of the greatest rock acts I've ever seen though.... and Sugizo is an animated genius.

Offline S+S

(Band) LUNA SEA
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2007, 03:18:10 AM »
One of my favs bands of J-Rock... and one of the legends too... Most of their songs are amazing... and a different type of them... When they disbanded, I really like SUGIZO's music and then I saw Shinya playing with Aikawa or playing in some J-Rock events... but I really don't like INORAN's music... very different genre of music.. :pen_nono:     LUNA SEA... one of the greatest in the world of J-Rock...

Offline BradVickers

• Caffeine Bomb
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: (Band) LUNA SEA
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2007, 07:04:20 PM »
Poor Luna Sea... all the way back on the 4th page... well, I'm bumping it up with good news! The band just announced a one off gig on their website! check it out.
http://www.lunaseagodblessedyou.net/

2007/12/24
GOD BLESS YOU
~One Night Déjà vu~
Tokyo Dome

god... I'd love to go to that... bet the tickets will pull in a grand each

Baba Booey

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2007, 10:07:24 PM »
woah reunion! On Christmas Eve!

now that would be an awesome concert to see, and would make one kick ass date. You know she'll want you after the concert XD

Hopefully they'll do another one that I'll actually be able to see in the future >_>

Offline 楊枝君

• データが出た!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ももち
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2007, 06:15:11 PM »
Sweet! Even if it's a one off, that's the news I've been waiting for for years (amongst others XD)!
Veni Vidi Wiki

Offline Bassman_911

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2007, 03:00:18 PM »
I've heard that the bassist is one of the best around, I've heard a few of these guys' songs but I haven't found any that makes him really stand out.  Are there any songs you guys would recommend?

Offline BradVickers

• Caffeine Bomb
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2007, 05:29:08 PM »
I've heard that the bassist is one of the best around, I've heard a few of these guys' songs but I haven't found any that makes him really stand out.  Are there any songs you guys would recommend?

My favorite J songs would probably be:
Feel Your Blaze
But You Said I'm Useless
Across The Night
Twister
Burn Out
Die for you

Baba Booey

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2007, 05:55:40 PM »
anyone knows where i can find most, if not all, of Luna Sea discography.  i'm really interested in checking out their stuff.  i recently realize that i'm into alot of j-rock music and heard that Luna Sea and X-japan is one of the top j-rock band, so i really wanted to check out their full discography if possible or get my hands on as much of their works as possible.

JPHiP Radio (33/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Itano Tomomi - Belly Dancer