JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: 80kidz - Alt A

Author Topic: E3 2015 (June 14-18)  (Read 7565 times)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
E3 2015 (June 14-18)
« on: June 10, 2015, 12:49:51 AM »
E3 2015

It's that time of year! E3 doesn't officially begin until the 16th but as usual, the big press conferences kick off the excitement starting this Sunday with Bethesda who will undoubtedly show more of one of the most exciting game announcements recently, Fallout 4. Here's the list of conferences:

Bethesda       June 14 - 7pm PT / 10pm ET / June 15 - 3am BST
Microsoft                  June 15 - 9:30am PT/12:30pm ET / 5:30pm BST
EA                           June 15 - 1pm PT / 4pm ET / 8:30pm BST
Ubisoft                     June 15 - 3pm PT / 6pm ET / 10:30pm BST
Sony                    June 15 - 6pm PT / 9pm ET / 1:30am BST
Nintendo                  June 16 - 9am PT/ 12pm ET / 5pm BST
Square Enix              June 16 - 10am PT/ 1pm ET / 6pm BST

Here's a list of some games off the top of my head which are confirmed or likely to be announcded which should get you interested to see what's in store for next week

Fallout 4
Deus Ex : Mankind Divided
Assassins Creed Syndicate
Uncharted 4
XCOM 2
Metal Gear Solid 5
Batman Arkham Knight
Mass Effect 4
Star Wars Battlefront
Final Fantasy XV
Kingdom Hearts 3
Mirrors Edge Catalyst
Zelda
Scalebound
Persona 5
Street Fighter 5
Rise of the Tomb Raider
No Mans Sky

What games is everyone looking forward to see more of? Or what games are you hoping will be announced and will surprise you?

Offline scorn

• オナニー
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: E3 2015 (June 14-18)
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 08:51:35 AM »
I'm sure Bethesda will also talk about the Doom reboot
Beautifulest women of all time 1.)Kim Sohee 2.)Minatozaki Sana 3.)Myoui Mina 4.)Fukumura Mizuki 5.)Uemura Akari 6.)Yabuki Nako 7.)Oguri Yui 8.)Nashiko Momotsuki 9.)Na-yeon 10.)Ikuta Eripon

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 05:11:17 PM »
Nintendo actually said no Zelda at E3. Though hopefully they'll change their minds and give us a little something. But they also just released a teaser for Hyrule Warriors on the 3DS? So they may talk about that to give us Zelda fans SOMETHING.

ALSO I'M SO STOKED FOR STREET FIGHTER V!!!

:::Twitter
::Rest in Peace, Jabs. You'll be forever missed. <3::

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 08:30:01 PM »
^ You're right I remember hearing about that. That's a shame as it's one of my most anticipated games for sure. I'm crossing fingers and toes that they'll reveal a new Metroid game. Please Nintendo.

The pre-E3 game reveals just keep on coming. A promotional image of Dark Souls 3 was leaked, with a penned Early 2016 release. Will have to wait for official confirmation on that but needless to say that will be the game I am most eager to hear more about at E3 if true.

Hyrule Warriors 3DS is confirmed. Cool little bit of info too as the art book shows the design of a female Link called Linkle (it's true!). Supposedly meant to be Link's little sister.

Ratchet & Clank gets a reimagining and looks gorgeous

Cult classic Mirror's Edge also gets a remake. Hopefully there will be less guns, less combat and less interior locations!

The Guardian newspaper even claims to have good authority that The Last Guardian will be shown. No way I believe that though.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 08:46:57 PM by Tuffty »

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2015, 08:09:00 AM »
I honestly might be most excited for the Bethesda press conference. I got a feeling we get not only Fallout 4 gameplay but they just might reveal next gen Dishonored. :bow:

Sony hopefully we get some good Metal Gear, No Man's Sky and FF VS demos. Probably lots of uncharted and VR stuff. God of War 4? Street Fighter V? Whatever Media Molecule have been working on? Where the hell is The Witness?

Oh and one last thing....  *Last Guardian trailer plays*

Microsoft I'm interested in seeing more Quantum Break and I'm guessing they will show a lot of Halo 5, Tomb Raider and maybe Gears 4. Forza 6 I might try (I never played racing games much but I got Horizon 2 and it was actually really really fun) Scalebound I'm curious what the heck it even is. lol Battletoads or Banjo Kazooie would probably get people excited.

Nintendo I don't know what to expect. Last year was put together really well. Most Likely there will be that Star Fox game, Mario Maker, Yoshi Wooly world etc. Hopefully some nice surprises. A new Metroid or whatever the Mario team has been working on since 3D world. Maybe they will preview the NX.

Probably skim through the Ubisoft EA and Square conferences. Definitely want to see what's up with the new Deus Ex.

Offline vlinorman

• Member+
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2015, 09:34:29 PM »
When's the Sega conference?

:tumbleweed:

Still hoping for Shenmue 3..

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2015, 09:42:25 PM »
I'll always believe in Shenmue 3. Always.

Microsoft confirmed that Scalebound, Crackdown and Quantum Break won't be shown at E3. So with Scalebound not going to be at E3, I've lost interest in the MS press conference by about 50%  Do not care for Halo 5 or Tomb Raider. They'll probably announce a Gears of War remake, a new Forza and probably stuff to do with the Occulus. Doesn't sound too interesting!

New trailer for Street Fighter V

« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 11:27:18 PM by Tuffty »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2015, 12:53:16 AM »
So apparently Bethesda accidentally went live on a stream today by accident, in preparation for the conference tomorrow and let it slip that Dishonored 2 is totally a thing. That is fantastic news, but would love to see it confirmed at tomorrow's press conference!

Offline scorn

• オナニー
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2015, 12:14:36 PM »
Accident my ass, I smell a PR stunt XD
Beautifulest women of all time 1.)Kim Sohee 2.)Minatozaki Sana 3.)Myoui Mina 4.)Fukumura Mizuki 5.)Uemura Akari 6.)Yabuki Nako 7.)Oguri Yui 8.)Nashiko Momotsuki 9.)Na-yeon 10.)Ikuta Eripon

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2015, 02:04:31 PM »
I'm kinda hating all the leaks cuz like shit, what's exciting about the main event if we already know everything that's going to be announced??

I'm gonna miss nintendo and square enix because of a thingy I have to go to but otherwise I should be here, I mean IRC, watch-partying...
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2015, 01:15:01 AM »
There will be surprises at E3 I'm sure. Some companies are better at keeping it secret than others. But like scorn says, don't be surprised if it is also some form of marketing. Drive up all this curiosity and anticipation on seeing more at the conference rather than just having it be a surprise. I personally prefer the latter, it makes the event more memorable.

Latest rumour is that with Yu Suzuki at E3, then Shenmue 3 will be revealed. Listen, as much as I would love that to happen, it's not gonna happen. Certainly not on the console, AAA development you would expect a Shenmue 3 should deserve. Best to make peace with the fact that it won't happen and move on.

Offline vlinorman

• Member+
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2015, 09:52:38 AM »
When's the Sega conference?

:tumbleweed:

Still hoping for Shenmue 3..
I still can't believe Shenmue 3 is happening.

Amazing it got announced only a few months after I replayed the first two games.

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2015, 10:58:50 PM »
LOL at Tuffy's post...

Latest rumour is that with Yu Suzuki at E3, then Shenmue 3 will be revealed. Listen, as much as I would love that to happen, it's not gonna happen. Certainly not on the console, AAA development you would expect a Shenmue 3 should deserve. Best to make peace with the fact that it won't happen and move on.

IT'S FUCKING HAPPENING  :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:

Never thought I would see the day...

Chihiro

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2015, 11:31:23 PM »
Tuffty just said that so he could be proven wrong  :rofl:

I've gotten a lot of weird feelings this E3! Like, maybe because I didn't watch anything live apart from Nintendo's, and the majority of stuff I liked on that was spoiled by leaks days before. Also for sony's I freaked out in disbelief at Shenmue 3 waking up the next morning, but the actual trailers themselves didn't really excite me for some reason.

I'm thinking it's because FF7 was a trailer giving hints that it really was a FF7 remake, but I was watching it the next day on youtube with a video called FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE so I already knew what it was, haha. A similar thing happened with Batman, I don't know what it is but I want to play that game less the more I see of it, the graphics seem a little weird or something? Maybe it's the video compression.
Even Street Fighter V's one wasn't too exciting for me, I was too distracted by Birdie suddenly being white (again) and really fat, lol.

But, even with spoilers months ago, and even a video leak on saturday, Ryu was the highlight for me in Smash Bros :D plus the best part is I can play with him right now!!

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2015, 11:35:36 PM »
Wow. I mean...where do you begin? Trust me I am so unbelievably glad to be so completely, utterly wrong. They did it!!

Ok, press conference review go!

Bethesda - That Fallout 4 game looks pretty cool! I'm the least creative person in the world so the building stuff doesn't really apply to me. But everything else sounds really cool already and I'm sure there's more to come. Doom was pretty bland I thought.

Microsoft - Dark Souls 3!! So unbelievably excited for it but you might already know that. Halo 5 did nothing for me, neither did Gears or Tomb Raider honestly. Backwards compatibility and being able to play PC mods for Fallout is a real boost though, kudos to them. For me, I would have wanted to see more of Scalebound. Best game they showed? Had to be Cuphead

E3 - Honestly pretty dull. Usual talk of sports games and too much of a focus on mobile games. Need For Speed using the FMV so seriously is so dumb I can get behind it. Mirrors Edge looks wonderful. Battlefront is essentially Star Wars crossed with Battlefield so I'm all over that. Unravel is probably the most charming thing to come out of E3 so far, in terms of the game and the presentation by the guy on stage. Just wanted to give him a hug and say everything's ok.

Ubisoft - Aisha Tyler again trying to work her best with what she has but at least most of the games shown seem solid. To me at least, the most interesting was For Honor, a new multiplayer game kind of like a AAA Mount and Blade. Uses a unique control scheme too as you fight using the right stick.

Sony - I honestly couldn't believe the announcements when I woke up this morning. Last Guardian, a FF7 remake and Shenmue 3, a game I've waited over 10 years for and thought would never come. They asked for £2m on Kickstarter and it reached that in less than 12 hours. It feels like Christmas. Now that said, it will probably take FF7 forever to come out and Shenmue 3 is asking for £2m when Shenmue 2 cost about £70m (I think), so it makes you wonder about the scale of the game and whether it can live up to the ambition shown in the past 2 games. I can only assume that, like other Kickstarter projects, it's to gauge the audience's interest to publishers who will then provide the majority of the funding needed to make a full on Shenmue sequel as £2m, for any game lately, seems a  bit low. Here's hoping.

But we can put that aside for a minute and revel in the fact that the confirmation of those 3 games actually existing is enough to get my heart pumping. Truly incredible. There's no more surprise E3 announcements left I think. It's over XD

The rest of Sony's conference was ok, Uncharted 4 continues to looks absolutely stunning

Perhaps the biggest surprise I've seen so far is Horizon : Zero Dawn. A new IP, looks great and the combat looks really solid. Also hunting robot dinosaurs? I'm in for that.

Nintendo - Disappointing. Don't get me wrong, I would play and enjoy most if not all of the games they showed, but everything shown today was for games we already knew about. They announced an Animal Crossing for the Wii U. But it's a board game. There's a new Metroid! But it's a 4 player co op game. Again, I'd still probably enjoy these, but they're not what anyone was expecting or sadly even wanted. Sadly no Zelda Wii U either but that was to be expected. The presentation itself was charming as hell though, probably the best to watch from that perspective. New Star Fox and Paper Mario x Mario and Luigi RPG looks great!

Square Enix - Pleasantly surprised at how good a lineup Square Enix have. More Deus Ex is always welcome. I have an interest in anything Platinum Games do so it's great to hear their involvement in a sequel to cult classic, Nier. The new Hitman game is also a great announcement, I found my appreciation of the series through the HD trilogy and will be happy to play the new one. My personal pick would be  Just Cause 3, which promises to be as crazy as ever. I had a huge smile on my face throughout but as soon as they said Unlimited C4, I was all in.

And Kingdom Hearts 3! Amazing there's any gameplay at all, it's been so long!

Phew. What a ride the past 24 hours have been. What a great future there is to look forward to.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 11:43:46 PM by Tuffty »

Offline vlinorman

• Member+
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2015, 12:24:00 AM »
It was all worth it taking a gamble and staying up til 4 am to watch the show live.

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2015, 12:57:04 PM »
Wow, what a E3!!!!
I only watched M$ PC live and was pleasantly surprised. Not that I'm super excited for any of their games (thank god otherwise I would have to buy a X1 XD) but something like backwards compatibility coming from them, wow!

I could kick myself for staying up and watching the snore fest that was EA (well mostly watching because I fell asleep several times) instead of going to bed early and be a live wittness to the epicness that was Sony PC! I would have loved to experience this all while it happened, instead of reading about it the next morning.

Glad I at least woke up in time for Mirrors Edge 2 (the volume of the Applause woke me haha) It Looks amazing!

The same with Square Enix, couldn't watch it live and then FUCKING NIER 2 is Happening, with all the original creators on board + Platinum for combat gameplay!!!  :w00t:
After Drakengard 3 I thought the Franchise was dead for good! Never ever would I have expected another game.

FF7 Remake and TLG are great, but after waiting for so Long I don't feel the Hype anymore. I will play both of them for sure, when they come out, but right now I'm much more excited for other games.

Also (and sorry to be that Person) I LOOOOVE how many female protagonists (or Option to play female) we get in upcoming games!!! So amazing!!!

Plus the fact that most "exclusive games" seem to be only time exclusive. Like I really hope that Xbones "Tacoma" Comes to Ps4 eventually.

Horizon looked amazing and I was always interested in Monster Hunter.
Fire Watch - I Keep watching you!

Also I'm super happy for all the Folks who have been waiting for Shenmue 3!!!!

A similar thing happened with Batman, I don't know what it is but I want to play that game less the more I see of it, the graphics seem a little weird or something? Maybe it's the video compression.

Oh gawd, I feel exactly the same and next week my Bats Ps4 will arrive and I still don't know if I should just cancel it... but then it's grey and it's BATMAN!!!

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2015, 04:57:19 PM »
I LOVE Nintendo (...as most of you know), but yeah I wasn't really blown away. Nothing was particularly new or exciting, but everything still looked fun? Plus, Fire Emblem is officially coming west!!! I'll probably end up getting most of the games they mentioned despite complaining about the dull presentation.

That being said, Nintendo has so many Nintendo Directs during the year which are basically like mini E3 presentations in and of themselves so... I'm sure we still have some great stuff coming up.

I've never played FF7, so I'm probably going to let this remake be my first time (whenever my boyfriend gets around to getting a PS4). I also really really really wanted to play Unravel and Fallout. ...And of course STREET FIGHTER.

All in all, I'm excited about some games coming out, but E3 in general was just kind of "eh" for me personally this year.

:::Twitter
::Rest in Peace, Jabs. You'll be forever missed. <3::

Offline scorn

• オナニー
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2015, 06:46:56 PM »
All in all, I'm excited about some games coming out, but E3 in general was just kind of "eh" for me personally this year.
Is "eh" if you mostly interested only in Nintendo. Fallout 4, Dishonored 2, Doom, Mass Effect Andromeda, South Park Fractured but Whole, Uncharted 4, Deus Ex, Just Cause 3...not even Mirrors Edge prequel got you piqued?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 11:04:47 PM by scorn »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2015, 11:38:19 PM »
Looking forward to Deus Ex. The opportunity to approach environments however you wish is something to be admired in these games and the sci fi setting is smartly written. Looks more like Human Revolution but that's no bad thing at all.

Amongst all the excitement of the announcements I somehow managed to forget that Persona 5 is coming out later this year. However there's no EU release date and I hope to god Atlus don't region lock it like they have done with Persona 4 Arcade. Fingers crossed...

JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: 80kidz - Alt A