JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Go! Go! 7188 - Seibu

Author Topic: [News] S/mileage New Members Announced!  (Read 25466 times)

Offline ishiyoshiftw~^^

• Forever in love with Mariko-sama~ ♥
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I want you~ ♥ I need you~ ♥ I love you~ ♥
Re: [News] S/mileage New Members Announced!
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2011, 07:21:05 AM »
YES!!! I was hoping for Tamura and Akari!! :w00t: But... No Karin?? D: I was totally expecting her... Oh well, now this means she can join MoMuSu or have her own group! XD

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2011, 07:48:13 AM »
By the way, here's some new pics:

( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2011, 03:18:49 AM »
Aw the one I was ready to stan for didnt make it!!

I remember seeing Rinapuu at the concert on 13th and wondering if she]d make it XD

WHAT THE HELL IS A SUBMEMBER????
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2011, 03:29:43 AM »
The choices and the whole sub-member thing still baffles me after a good night's sleep :?

Oh and a video:

Credit to DGMAIMAI from H!O

Offline nimrod

• RihoLicious!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • BABYMETAL DEATH!
« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2011, 05:30:14 AM »
りほ, りほ Password is りほ  ♪

がんばれいな!- twitter - last.fm - DVD Profiler - tumblr

Offline nimrod

• RihoLicious!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • BABYMETAL DEATH!
りほ, りほ Password is りほ  ♪

がんばれいな!- twitter - last.fm - DVD Profiler - tumblr

Offline CrypticShadow8

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2011, 01:36:03 AM »
I'm excited about this but I'm also kind of surprised at the people who got picked. I am kinda happy Meimi got picked though even if she wasn't a favorite just because I thought she was really cute playing Yaya in the Shugo Chara musical.

Here's a video for people who never watched it she 1st appeares at 5:52.

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #67 on: August 16, 2011, 01:56:39 AM »
Congrats to all the new members! Meimi Tamura seems to be the most naturally "S/mileage-esque", but having other members who offer a contrast in personality is not a bad thing. One thing that bothers me- the four and five member groups are able to spread the love around, with all members getting a fair amount of attention, but even at seven members you see Maasa, Chinami, and Captain struggling to get enough lines and attention in Berryz.

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #68 on: August 16, 2011, 06:54:21 PM »

LOL at Tsunku singing "Uchouten Love" :lol:

Offline Slack

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2011, 11:28:13 PM »
Today was the last episode of S/mileage's Ustream show and they had the new members on.

They started with their thoughts on the recent H!P concerts.

Saki starts off with their insect costumes.
She was an ant, as were Nakky and Yasshii.
Ayaka was a butterfly.
Yuuka was a grasshopper/cricket.
Kanon was a bee/wasp.

They mention an incident where one of Ayaka's butterfly antennae was totally straightened out when they're supposed to be curly.
This resulted in much laughter by other members.

Ayaka's topic was a gift Sayumi gave her during one of the concerts on her birthday-a little pink doggie thing.

Yuuka's topic was the final performance of High-King with Aichan.

Kanon's topic was how Kumai Yurina was super cute.
Yuuka follows up with how she gets embarrassed when Aichan looks at her in the cheering seats on stage.
They have a little argument over the merit of Kumai vs. Takahashi.
Saki says her favorite member is Okai Chisato, but she really wants to be like Tanaka Reina.
Her reason is that when Chisato changed her hairstyle, she went from boyish to cute.

They talk a bit about C-ute's new PV being really cute, some stuff they saw on Youtube, and the differences between the Wow Wow and Yeah Yeah concerts.
Some more about how Kanon really likes Yurina, Yuuka really likes Aichan, this week's Haropuro! TIME, and Kanon does an impression of Tsunku's version of Uchoten LOVE.

Then they finally got to the new members and their thoughts and reactions to how the announcement went.

New members start to appear around 7:00.

"Idol Wota Kanyon" has them come out one at a time and gives each of them a survey:
What is your favorite food?
What's your favorite comedy gag? (then act it out)
What's a recent news story that caught your attention?
What's something you'd like to make your specialty?
What do you think about Fukuda Kanon's Cinderella character?
What's your goal and motivation for the group?

Here's some short summaries of what they said:
(comedy gags omitted because they're all kinda obscure)

Nakanishi Kana (intro: hissing cat imitation)
Food: green bell pepper, Kanon really hates green bell pepper.
News story: S/mileage new members
New specialty: imitations of comedians
Cinderella?: The "Cinderella Revolution" thing she did at the press conference was super-cute
goal: Since she's not really good at singing and dancing yet, she'll try 10x harder through her lessons to make them her specialty.

Kosuga Fuyuka (intro: weak karate punch)
Food: hayashi omu-rice
News story: S/mileage new members entered
New specialty: using an abacus
Cinderella?: Though the Cinderella thing seems like it's getting picked on more and more, Kanon-chan is still cute without it.

Kanon then asks her if she'd like to try the "reborn Cinderella" character. Fuyuka says no thanks.
Yuuka asks her if she'd maybe like to be Snow White. Fuyuka declines that as well.
Viewer question asks the same thing, Fuyuka says she'd not go as far as Kanon does with the "reborn" stuff.

Goal: Even though she's not that great at singing and dancing, she wants to become someone who pops out before your eyes and be thought of as "cute".

Tamura Meimi (intro: elephant imitation)
Food: fried rice - you can stick all sorts of things in it
News story: Nadeshiko Japan's win at the Women's World Cup
New specialty: doing two different things with each of her hands (like drawing two separate shapes at the same time)

Kanon shows off how she can do rapid-fire janken where one hand always wins

Cinderella?: Even though it's cute, since Kanon's reason for saying it is that she felt nostalgic when she first saw Cinderella Castle, she wonders if maybe it's because she was a worker there instead of being Cinderella herself.  Kanyon flatly denies this.
Goal: She wants to make doing well during the tour and becoming a full member her goal.

Katsuta Rina (intro: recently into making funny faces)
Food: Cheeseburger pizza - she really likes cheese (like Yuuka)
News story: Nadeshiko Japan's win at the Women's World Cup
New specialty: playing with kids and eating a lot
Cinderella?: It's amazing how she's had such a unique character. but instead of a princess character, Rinapuu would like to have an "airheaded" character.

Ayaka notes that recently she's actually been more of a "secret gang leader" for S/mileage. They ask her to do an imitation of Winnie the Pooh.

Goal: While her current goal is to become a full member, if she does she'd like to work hard to make S/mileage "Japan's Idols".

Takeuchi Akari (intro: Cheese, the dog from Anpanman)
Food: omu-rice, but she likes her eggs done firm instead of runny or fluffy
News: The new uniform designs for Nadeshiko Japan
New specialty: Long-jumping

Though Akari wrote that she could jump 2m in 6th grade, Kanon doesn't believe her and asks her to demonstrate.
Kanon thinks of it as "Kumai-san's height + 30cm". They disagree on just how far 2m really is.

Cinderella?: It's funny and really fits Kanon well

Kanon then offers Akari the Snow White character, which she really doesn't want.
Since Kanon's nickname for her is Ponyo, she suggests "Ponyo reborn" instead.

Goal: To make more people know about S/mileage

Finally, they wrap up and the staff informs them that this is in fact the last episode.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline ishiyoshiftw~^^

• Forever in love with Mariko-sama~ ♥
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I want you~ ♥ I need you~ ♥ I love you~ ♥
« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2011, 04:46:32 AM »
...Is it just me or does anyone else think that Kosuga Fuyuka kind of looks like LinLin?? :0

Offline Slack

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2011, 05:55:18 AM »
Yeah, ever since the 2nd round, I'm pretty sure that's been what a lot of people have been thinking about Fuyuka.
In the 3rd round and ever since, I've also been thinking she sometimes resembles DAWA as well.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2011, 01:34:15 PM »
So one of them is already out o-o

http://www.takamaruyo.net/?p=603

"The Smileage official site has just announced that Kosuga Fuyuka has been in terrible health and had to be hospitalized. Upon inspection, she was diagnosed with “severe anemia”. She will be unable to engage in any strenuous activity and was advised for the next few months to focus purely on recovery. Due to these circumstances, she will be stopping her activity as a Smileage sub member. After her recovery, she will be placed into Hello Project Eggs to restart her career."

Poor girl, must be so disappointing. But health comes first.
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2011, 03:24:15 PM »
It is a shame that Fuyuka chan, who just got started, has to drop out. But as shirenu san mentions, health first. Hope she comes back to the eggs, but no matter what  she does, Fuyuka is a  smart and pretty girl- best of luck to her.

Offline Meania

• shooting for the stars~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2011, 10:37:22 PM »
>__< Awhh, she had a really interesting look (I thought she looked a bit like Teruki from An Cafe, which I liked!!) :lol:;
At least getting into S/mileage proves Tsunku liked her enough to perform in a group, so hopefully in the future she'll be put into a group when she's ready and really pick up where she left off! :twothumbs

Actually, I really am quite sad about this... ;  3 ; she was my favourite out of them so far and now I won't get to see her carry on with S/mileage...
I wish her a speedy recovery!! :P :heart:

- Formspring - Twitter -
~ RIP ChrNo

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2011, 01:08:33 AM »
that really blows, poor thing after all of that hard work :cry: i'm glad she's atleast going into eggs, since it wont be too much stress on her health and if anything she's already made some bonds with the rest of the members. i hope she gets better
please visit kawaii-chan's avie's and siggies!

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2011, 10:24:49 PM »
wow severe anemia... at least they noticed what is wrong with her but seriously sucks that she must leave so soon after joining :\

JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Go! Go! 7188 - Seibu