JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Downy - Kurayami To Sanka

Author Topic: Offical MLB Thread!  (Read 339732 times)

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
Re: Offical MLB Thread!
« Reply #840 on: November 15, 2007, 02:15:58 PM »
This story is truly gaining steam: an agreement might be reached within...  a few days?!

Hank Steinbrenner is spinning: he came to US!

The figures being bantered about show figures wa~ay short of what Boras wanted: less than $30 million per season.  Still it would be another record contract, Yankees save face AND a subpar performer at a corner position for '08. 

I guess this also means that Yanks don't get the subsidy from the Rangers but ahh they can afford the full amount.  And all this will converge very nicely, if it all falls into place, if/when Rodriguez is announced as the A.L. MVP next Monday.

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #841 on: November 15, 2007, 10:00:03 PM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3112487

Well, this could be a stumbling block for Bonds in his quest to DH his way to 800 career home runs.

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #842 on: November 16, 2007, 12:52:21 AM »
http://www.baseballprospectus.com/unfiltered/?p=679

Will Carroll of Baseball Prospectus chimes in...

Offline Kamesan

• Member+
« Reply #843 on: November 16, 2007, 07:36:08 AM »
Bonds is screwed now. He's not getting out of this one.

I'm not surprised A-Rod stayed with the Yankees. It's the best fit for him.

Offline Jsmurf

• BUKKAKE!!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #844 on: November 16, 2007, 09:22:55 PM »
yeah, they've had enough dirt on Barroids for a while now.  it was just a matter of time
:shakeit:

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #845 on: November 17, 2007, 09:07:15 PM »
I feel the same way Dan Le Batard does: steroids is THE most overblown story in all the years that I've been a fan of MLB.  I just can't get myself worked up in a frenzy about the U.S. government spending over four (4) years and millions of dollars in order to get a guy in jail whose job is basically to hit a round ball with a stick.

Yeah Bonds has no business telling lies to federal attorneys but jeez, can't we go after REAL criminals, instead of bloated ballplayers and Martha Stewart?

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #846 on: November 18, 2007, 10:44:03 PM »
Roids or no roids. It's a race issue, why ain't they chasing after McGwire? Giambi? Cuz Bonds ALLEGEDLY used beef roids and has beefs with the media.

LMAO @ Warren Buffett advised Alex Rodriguez to approach the New York Yankees and go around agent Scott Boras, The Wall Street Journal reported Saturday.

I'm kinda surprised they've kept their core together. Posada and Rivera signing (possibly) - the only guy leaving would be Petitte and Torre.

Overall, great season...I loved the Rockies going nonstop into the World Series. Momentum can be such a bitch. Kaz Matsui getting new life. When's that Japan All-Stars thing go?

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #847 on: November 20, 2007, 07:15:36 PM »
http://www.baseballprospectus.com/unfiltered/?p=681

Joe Sheehan of Baseball Prospectus states the obvious.

Amazingly, objective player analysis by beat writers has not changed AT ALL in the last twenty years, when the likes of Bill James changed the world forever.

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #848 on: November 22, 2007, 07:57:51 PM »
http://tinyurl.com/29zyep

Torii Hunter signed with the Angels, a team that now has six outfielders vying for starting jobs.  Amazing!

Offline Kamesan

• Member+
« Reply #849 on: November 28, 2007, 12:01:47 PM »
White Sox fans are pissed because they wanted Hunter but the Sox were never going to give him anything close to what the Angels did.

It seems the Twins might be looking to trade Johan Santana. I wish the Cubs would trade for him but it's not going to happen.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #850 on: November 30, 2007, 06:28:00 AM »
Why in hell is Johan Santana on the trading block?? Red Sox, Yanks, MEts, EVERYONE is making these wack packages to get em.

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #851 on: November 30, 2007, 06:51:10 AM »
With revenue sharing, a billionaire owner and a stadium paid for with taxpayer funds, I think the Twins could afford to sign Johan for the same deal that the Giants gave Barry Zito.

Will they?  No way in HELL!  Sorry Twins fans: Torii Hunter was right.  They don't give a shit about you.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #852 on: December 01, 2007, 08:46:56 AM »
*sigh* Whatcha doing to us Billy Beane? The Devil Rays ERRRRRRRRRR!!! Tampa Bay Rays moves are interesting. Troy Percival? Dealing Delmon Young?

Migguel Cabrerra is moving too? I like the Torrii Hunter deal. I heard him on Jim Rome this morning and he's just what the Angels need. A franchise character player. Not robots. A-Rod woulda been a bad choice in red and white and yellow.

Ah, Winter Meetings.

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #853 on: December 04, 2007, 10:36:04 PM »
Ah, Winter Meetings.

Johan Santana trade talks might get resolved today!  What a story it'll be if the Red Sox pull a fast one on the Yanks!

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #854 on: December 04, 2007, 10:53:08 PM »
From ESPN.com:

The Tigers and Marlins have agreed in principle to a monster trade -- Miguel Cabrera and Dontrelle Willis to Detroit for Andrew Miller, Cameron Maybin, Mike Rabelo and three minor league pitchers.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 11:04:13 PM by Saburo »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #855 on: December 06, 2007, 06:24:57 AM »
That trade was just SICK for Detroit. ... but Florida always knows what they're doing. but shit they got jacked big time!! Good for Dontrelle Willis, hope he gets a clean start.

WTF. Steinbrenner Junior saying Yanks are out of the Johan sweepstakes. Wonder what the Cubs think with Boston going nonstop towards title #3.

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #856 on: December 06, 2007, 06:12:48 PM »
That trade was just SICK for Detroit. ...

I agree totally.  Detroit fans should be pleased that the teams gives a shit about winning, unlike the cheapskates in Miami, who feel it necessary to decrease payroll, collect big revenue sharing buck$ and insist that on taxpayer money to fund a new stadium from which they'll be receiving the profits from. 

Seems like A-Rod will be making more in one year than the entire 25-man roster of the Marlins...

Joe Sheehan breaks down the Dodgers' signing of Andruw Jones:
http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=6977&mode=print&nocache=1196967097

I especially liked this bit: The Dodgers have an opportunity to show just how well they understand sunk costs by relegating Pierre to a fourth outfielder’s role, to which he’d be reasonably suited. It would also give us a chance to test the whole “character” framework, to see if the fourth-best outfielder on the roster is able to accept that he, in fact, is that, and sublimate his desire to play more for the good of the team. That’s leadership, right?

The Pierre signing was a disaster for LA, one of the reasons for their slide down the NL West and a big part of the "kids vs. veterans" debate that blew up after the end of the regular season.  I wonder how Joe Torre will handle this?  He kept Bernie Williams in a starting role for way too long; will he do the same with Pierre?

Offline Kamesan

• Member+
« Reply #857 on: December 11, 2007, 10:48:33 AM »
The Brewers signed Eric Gagne for 1 year @ $10 million. Talk about desperate.

I keep hearing that the Cubs want to sign Kosuke Fukudome. All I know about him is that he's an outfielder and he bats left-handed. If they get him, I hope he'll be better than Jacque Jones.

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #858 on: December 11, 2007, 03:29:07 PM »
Good luck to Gagne and his return to the National League.  Perhaps he can recover from his Boston nightmare but I doubt it.

Fukudome is officially a free agent and will offer his services to the MLB team of his choice.  I remember he was slumping in the World Baseball Classic but came back to hit a clutch homer against Korea in the semi-final game.

Interesting that the Yanks are floating Matsui's name on the trade market.  The outfielder has a no-trade clause but I'm not sure if it's full or only partial.  I doubt he'd accept a trade to a smaller market.

Offline sukeban deka

« Reply #859 on: December 12, 2007, 11:52:11 AM »
I think Fukudome can put better number than Matsui. Besides he is excellent at defense.

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Downy - Kurayami To Sanka