JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Wonder Girls - Move [Ft. Minwoo]

Author Topic: [News] Berryz Kobo Concert in Sakura-Con 2011 (April 22-24)  (Read 83390 times)

Offline SakuraTheShadow

Re: [News] Berryz Kobo Concert in Sakura-Con 2011 (April 22-24)
« Reply #180 on: April 23, 2011, 10:23:34 AM »
I know there aren't a lot of fan reports but trust me there are a lot of fans here. I'm surprised myself!
Now for my recap.

I got up at 5 and went to pre-reg. The line was less than 20 minutes! So I cam back to the hotel since it was like still barely 6:30(?) (Well around that time but early)

Got to the convention at 9 and there was some drama with me just like...overreacting.  :nervous

I noticed there were many Berryz Kobo fans already. Shirts and a lot of happi's. A lot of japanese fans were there as well.
Things became wonderful when I just started talking to people and a girl just came up and asked, ''Are you here for Berryz?'' I said yes and we just... started talking and became really good friends. She lives really close to me which is nice.

Now... a very interesting thing about how a lot of people got into the dealers hall for autographs.

I was told by the people I talked to earlier to come talk to this women to put my name on a list for autographs. To guarantee we get them and so we all followed her into a room upstairs. We were told to get in line so she could put our names on the list. Then, we followed her back down into the dealers hall waiting area a huge explanation was explained. Our group would be let in first into the dealers hall for the autographs(!) They started calling of names off the list. There were about a little over 150 people in the group? We were let in were told not to run in a very strict way. People listened but still power walked. XD Then, so began the line for the tickets and it was big. It even started to curve in the end.

Luckily I was one of the first people and got my friday autograph quickly.

For the q and a the line also curved a bit. We were let in and a video introducing Berryz members began to play. Audience cheered and while Rival played, chants were heard. Then, Berryz walked in and we greeted with cheers and posed as we were allowed pictures for the first 2 or 3 minutes.
The q and a was super fun. Risako, Yurina and Captain  were a bit quiet but Momo, Maasa, and definitely Miya(I think she has been the most interactive) were very interactive and fun.

The autograph session was a hour after but fans lined up. I was one of the first and talked to quite a few. We realized when the autograph session was about to start they were behind the curtain and started cheering. And let me just tell you... Miya is amazing She just like stared right at me, smiled and waved. And that's when I was going to cry.

When I was just about to get their autographs, I could feel the lump in my throat and my mouth moving and started sniffling but then I got to Saki(She was the first) and just got nervous and it went away. I went to her and gave her my photocard and said, ''I'm from los angeles!" and she said or just looked up at me to like repeat it and I repeated it again but she just looked down and signed my photocard. She didn't understand me since I said it with ''los angeles'' with a mexican accent. XD My other interactions with captain were totally cool though!  :twothumbs Then, I went to momo. As she was signing my card, I said, ''Buono'' I'm not sure she heard me cause she didn't answer back. For Chinami I had a simple english conversation. It was simple but so cool I could said I had a english conversation with Chinami! Now Yurina... is my favorite memory. As I gave her my photocard I said, ''ENJOY!'' And she replied, ''Oh!'' and shook her head and then again said, ''Enjoy!'' And she wrote ENJOY! on my card and she didn't do that to others!!!  :w00t: For Risako...she was shy in the q and a but in autographs she was just plain out...friendly and adorable. XD I was wearing a fanmade Risako shirt and a Risako towel and showed her after I said she was my favorite(Really it's actually Chi currently but I was just nervous so it's okay and I was wearing Risako shirt and towel so...)

Guest reception. It was sad for other guests. You could see so many Berryz fans! When the other guests introduced themselves people clapped but when Berryz came people cheered and I was in the front luckily. Taking pictures. My friend first saw them and I went over to them and saw Captian and waved. She acknowledged me with a nod! Waved again and she did it again! Then I went back and saw them, they were so close! Miyabi waved at me again.  :twothumbs

Then they left...
Hello!Party2 was fun!

But now I need to say something.
THE BIGGEST THING I NOTICED:
The fanbase. There were a lot of fans. People flew from New York, Hawaii, Boston...
In the convention you saw people cosplayed in outfits, happis, towels, shirts. And at the guest reception, HSU booth there were a lot.

Now tomorrow is the concert. So night all!

« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 12:53:12 AM by SakuraTheShadow »

Offline nachdenki

• Member+
  • 桃子はひっぱりだこ
« Reply #181 on: April 23, 2011, 11:26:26 AM »
Nice reports.
It's awesome to hear there are a lot people who want to see Berryz.

Youtube has a couple more videos now:

someone on 2ch captured the momochi cough as screenshot
ChrNo, I hope you are happy
Support your favorite group, buy CDs, DVDs and merch.
Then make your favorite happy and show off your support in the h!p collection thread
momochi tumblr | berikyuu tumblr

Offline OpsMonkey

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #182 on: April 23, 2011, 12:08:25 PM »
My Day 1 recap - Enjoy!
Selective Hearing @ JPH!P Radio every Friday night/Saturday Morning starting at 00:00 MDT until 02:00 MDT.

Offline ChrNo

• 「72::29::66」
  • Member+
  • ノノl∂_∂'ル <gao~
« Reply #183 on: April 23, 2011, 01:02:24 PM »
noticed something in the 3rd video, wonder if that's dai lol (watch and bracelet on the left hand according to the pic from Ops) and possibly jphip pink text on the back

http://selective-hearing.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/DSCN7707.jpg

:lol:

Offline SakuraTheShadow

« Reply #184 on: April 23, 2011, 06:36:59 PM »
Oh yeah, I was like a rows away from daigong. I've seen him through out the convention and his energy is pretty funny. XD
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 06:52:31 PM by SakuraTheShadow »

Offline OpsMonkey

• ecchi
  • Member+
[News] Berryz Kobo Concert in Sakura-Con 2011 (April 22-24)
« Reply #185 on: April 23, 2011, 08:59:08 PM »
For those of you who are at the con. The Japanese wota are signing up folks for the lineup much like yesterday. Same area on 6th floor.

Get there & put your name on the list.

Selective Hearing @ JPH!P Radio every Friday night/Saturday Morning starting at 00:00 MDT until 02:00 MDT.

Offline Rickker708

• Member+
« Reply #186 on: April 23, 2011, 09:18:47 PM »
Sorry for the delay in posting, was taggiing pics when I decided to come here and check something out. So far hella awesome.
Day 0: after getting registered, met up with the guys at Niketown where Dai, Allo hello fan, and Opsmonkey peerpresured TOZ into sellin his soul for another pair of shoes.
  After picking up another crewmember(sorry bad with names ill edit when I get it) and meeting up with Tery the SUPER WOTA we headed out to Safeco Field for some baseball action.

Day 1= AWESOME
Got my Friday signatures and for the Q+A got front row.
      At the guest reception we noticed that the staff were bringing guests up the elevators right where we were sitting, vids to come later. After the reception we made an appearance at hello party2 and then went to the party with the open bar.
more later gotta go.
Life is one time.

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #187 on: April 23, 2011, 09:57:46 PM »
If I could, I would sell my soul again.
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline OpsMonkey

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #188 on: April 24, 2011, 06:26:03 AM »
 concert was epic. enough said for now

Offline OpsMonkey

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #189 on: April 24, 2011, 06:40:13 AM »
I saw John Cena at the Berryz concert! =p

By the way. We sitting at same table Berryz was at when they visited.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 11:29:37 AM by OpsMonkey »

Offline Tris-chan

• Rhyme Fiend
  • Member+
  • MM girls ain't nothin to F* with
« Reply #190 on: April 24, 2011, 09:01:18 AM »
Best time ever. Ever ever.
(The open bar last night was the second best time ever.)

Offline BigFreaky

• 一番カワイイ
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #191 on: April 24, 2011, 12:45:06 PM »
you can't see me!!!!!!!

Offline nachdenki

• Member+
  • 桃子はひっぱりだこ
« Reply #192 on: April 24, 2011, 02:27:42 PM »
found these on 2ch, thanks to whoever made them:

momochi soooo cuuuute in the first (and the other two as well~)

There is also a nicovideo Q&A stream rip up on youtube on this account
http://www.youtube.com/user/nanamintanoshi (don't want to embed all 4 parts here)

and from texas musume

yet again momochi so cute in there  :wub:

berryz manager has two pics from the concert:
http://twitpic.com/photos/iotazawa

Saki updated her blog saying the concert was a lot of fun with all the support
http://ameblo.jp/shimizu--saki/entry-10870947055.html

some other pic(s):

concert setlist (copypaste):
1. Ai wa Katsu
2. Special Generation
3. Heroine ni Narou ka
4. Shining Power
MC (places we visited)
5. Piriri to Yukou
6. Happiness ~Koufuku Kangei~
7. Tsukiatteru no Kataomoi
MC (JP and English lessons)
8. Berry Fields
9. [costume change] CLAP!
10. Maji Bomber
11. Icchoume Rock!
12. Otakebi Boy WAO!
MC
13. Rival
EN. All For One and One For All
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 03:45:57 PM by nachdenki »
Then make your favorite happy and show off your support in the h!p collection thread

Offline ChrNo

• Member+
  • ノノl∂_∂'ル <gao~
« Reply #193 on: April 24, 2011, 02:57:30 PM »
nice nach, so we'll finally know if momo coughed before or after drinking :lol:

i'm watching the first part of the niconico vid, i think i heard dai screaming jph!p @0:24 XD

kinda late to say that but Miya sure stands out with her hat and jacket...

so many genki songs in that setlist !

edit : so momo started coughing at the beginning of the part 2, @2:06 and then she turned around and coughed again @6:30 while maasa was answering tris-chan's question from wordy !! and you were right, chinami told her to drink haha
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 03:11:05 PM by ChrNo »

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #194 on: April 24, 2011, 03:02:54 PM »
this is all great stuff so far, my first impressions are that miyabi and chinami were the most relaxed in the q & a

Offline nachdenki

• Member+
  • 桃子はひっぱりだこ
« Reply #195 on: April 24, 2011, 03:12:47 PM »
^ Chi was also looking tired/bored somewhere in the middle I think  :ph43r: just for a short moment though  :lol:

i'm watching the first part of the niconico vid, i think i heard dai screaming jph!p @0:24 XD
lol I heard it too now  :lol: I wonder... shortly before that maybe he also screamed tama-sama (@0:22)?  :O2

Offline ChrNo

• Member+
  • ノノl∂_∂'ル <gao~
« Reply #196 on: April 24, 2011, 03:18:04 PM »
^now that you mentioned it i think i hear it too XD aaa tama-sama <3

@nach, i believe the laughing part you were talking about is @8:50 on part 3, they were talking about starbuck, but the one who was asking question( or someone next to that person) probably did some gesture or something to make them laugh ?_?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 03:28:17 PM by ChrNo »

Offline nachdenki

• Member+
  • 桃子はひっぱりだこ
« Reply #197 on: April 24, 2011, 03:43:38 PM »
^ yeahhh that moment  :lol: I wonder what the person did do... NEED REPORTS
Just while we're talking about it for everyone not following this closely, the starbucks question is related to Saki's blog where she wrote before going to seattle that she wants to go to the first starbucks she sees to see what it tastes like.

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #198 on: April 24, 2011, 03:52:11 PM »
though saki meant she wanted to see the original starbucks shop....miyabi mentioned her favorite performer   is Amuro Namie,but which performers did the other girls mention?

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #199 on: April 24, 2011, 04:26:20 PM »
^
Q: (to Miya) who is your idol or role model?
Miya: Namie Amuro
& everyone else:
Risako: Koda Kumi, Chage & Aska
yurina: SNSD
Maa: Mai Kuraki
Chii: Hannah Montana
Momo: Seiko Matsuda
Saki: Namie Amuro (went to concert w/ Miya)

http://deliciouscakeproject.wordpress.com/2011/04/22/rough-draft-notes-from-berryz-koubous-qa-panel-in-america-seattle/
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Wonder Girls - Move [Ft. Minwoo]