JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Lunkhead - Shiroi Koe

Author Topic: [News] Berryz Kobo Concert in Sakura-Con 2011 (April 22-24)  (Read 83420 times)

Offline SakuraTheShadow

Re: [News] Berryz Kobo Concert in Sakura-Con 2011 (April 22-24)
« Reply #220 on: April 25, 2011, 11:38:52 PM »
Well then again maybe that had to do with AX. I've been to AX too and I'd also like to say I like Sakura Con better! If another hello!project (ºC-ute or Morning Musume because I'm not flying our for S/mileage.) It would super amazing if it were Sakura Con.
I fact I loved every thing about the location. The convention center was very pretty and so was downtown! =O

Offline OpsMonkey

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #221 on: April 26, 2011, 03:19:11 AM »
I agree with SacredCultivator (good seeing you again by the way  :) ). The fans at Sakura-con were much more chilled and less competitive than AX and it made for a much more relaxing atmosphere in the line ups when the staff weren't herding us all over the building.  :lol:
Selective Hearing @ JPH!P Radio every Friday night/Saturday Morning starting at 00:00 MDT until 02:00 MDT.

Offline SacredCultivator

• AYO T-ara~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #222 on: April 26, 2011, 03:28:11 AM »
Definitely nice seeing you again.

They were very understanding, well the higher-ups as I know some of the staff were just following protocol which is understandable.

I mean for the Concert line, bringing in 2 Cops, that's pretty intense, though it didn't help that they came in posing as if they were bad-ass back to back.
Hello!Fansub's is recruiting Translators / Karaoke Typesetters, if interested PM me.

Offline Tris-chan

• Rhyme Fiend
  • Member+
  • MM girls ain't nothin to F* with
« Reply #223 on: April 26, 2011, 04:43:00 AM »
I'd say overall it was better organized - the fans were better behaved, the staff was better organized, it was much more relaxed and fun and not quite as...frantic? I want to say frantic.

Also Saki remembered me and I cried, so really the whole rest of the time could be shit and I'd still say it was the best ever.

EDIT: Since I'm here, I may as well give my impressions of the girls.

Saki: Super interactive with us fans, really cute, dances like a mofo, can beatbox with the best, remembered me, exclaimed over my gift for her...totally the best.   :heart: :heart: :heart:
Momo: Cute as hell. Seriously cute. Her "Chinami Ikou!" call was hilarious.
Maasa: Really nice! She seemed very sweet. She laughed a lot, I really got an older sister/mom sort of vibe from her.
Chii: What a smile! Her english is shit, hahaha. But she was interactive at the concert, waving and smiling, and talked to us nerds in line while we waited.
Miya: She was SO into her fans. Super funny. And she was totally incredulous that I made the stuff I made for them (as opposed to buying it), she and Saki were the only ones to actually pick up the bag and see what was inside. It was so nice.
Yurina: Quiet, very cool, so gorgeous it makes your heart stop.
Risako: When she was on, she was awesome. When she was off, she wasn't as awesome. Big smile though.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 04:51:47 AM by Tris-chan »

Offline OpsMonkey

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #224 on: April 26, 2011, 05:30:33 AM »
Risako: When she was on, she was awesome. When she was off, she wasn't as awesome. Big smile though.

Heheheh.. I know the off part very well.  :lol: But yeah, she's fucking beautiful so that makes up for that.  :)
Selective Hearing @ JPH!P Radio every Friday night/Saturday Morning starting at 00:00 MDT until 02:00 MDT.

Offline Rickker708

• Member+
« Reply #225 on: April 26, 2011, 05:32:47 AM »
ok since no one else posted it yet, there was an un-official day 4, @ the airport.
pics and vid coming
Life is one time.

Offline 55Cyanides

• Member+
« Reply #226 on: April 26, 2011, 08:01:27 AM »

http://www.mediafire.com/?u2b207zbbun0sz9

The dude in the Luffy Cosplay was me; I also was there to record the march after the concert!

Offline OpsMonkey

• ecchi
  • Member+

Offline Rickker708

• Member+
« Reply #228 on: April 26, 2011, 08:38:17 AM »
After an amazing early day I made it home and have had a bit of time to unwind, I'll try to start at the beginning(don't remeber what I posted about so far,,,to lazy to go back and look)
Day 0: Couldn't get my ass out of bed and ended up running a little late. Got to the hotel checked in and got to the con and pre registered. (so far DAi, OpsMonkey, AlohelloFan, and TOZ)
When done tried contacting Dai but found out that my cheep ass phone plan won't take out of country stuff...even far off places like Canada.
Luckily TOZ gave me his contact number and found them at Niketown a block away.  We got back to the hotel and dropped of the new kix TOZ got and waited on rokun (I had to look his name up I kept forgetting and was calling him Ryu all weekend).
     After a false start (had to head back to the hotel and meet up with Terry the Super Wota and hand off a couple of extra tickets to the game) we made it to a transit station and hopped a free ride on the bus to Safeco.
        The game was allright, Besides Terrys group, we noticed a couple of other Wota at the game near us
those shirts stand out.
We had a great time and did some bonding with the wota.
   Walked back to the hotel dropped of the guys then Dai squirmed into the back seat as I took TOZ home and took a roundabout way back to the hotel.
Wow I do ramble on. More later.
EDIT: was gonna post a couple pics from the game but they suck so I'll let the others post what they have.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 08:55:55 AM by Rickker708 »
Life is one time.

Offline Rickker708

• Member+
« Reply #229 on: April 26, 2011, 09:53:26 AM »
double post picspam
thats after the table had been cleared once
Life is one time.

Offline BigFreaky

• 一番カワイイ
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #230 on: April 27, 2011, 12:00:13 AM »

sorry I couldn't figure out how to format the reply better...
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 12:05:34 AM by BigFreaky »

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #231 on: April 27, 2011, 02:41:04 AM »
noticed something in the 3rd video, wonder if that's dai lol (watch and bracelet on the left hand according to the pic from Ops) and possibly jphip pink text on the back

http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac316/Chr_No_/dai.jpg

:lol:

That's me alright ChrNo :heart: They cut me off screaming "ChrNoooo!!" as soon as Miyabi stepped in! I said it before jphipppp! and tama-sama when I saw Momo lol...here's the video I took:

Opening of Q&A, screamed as much. got Tris-chan to ask one of our questions (words) the movie one, and brought the madness to them WU-TANG!

but yeah so autographs went well, everyone got theirs and it was smoothly done. LOL getting an extra ticket for wota, I put on my jacket and hat and still Japanfiles Dave was "You again?" lol...we hung back at the autograph line and even tho they were kicking us out for loitering, we got Risako's attention lol, me doing this daigong shuffle and she peeking over.

Concert Day was pretty crazy too, there was NO WHERE to line up in advance until like an hour before, so we end up being loiterers around the area...lotsa frustration but it was all good when they laid out the Wota List and we managed to get front and centre...

After Berryz Concert so much energy! It was surreal, the Wota Parade and at the end there, just mugging for the webcam thing they had. BERRYZ PSHYCHO! OI! OI! OI!

Autograph Session! word on the streets, people were lining up already and I just woke up at noon so alo, Ops, rokun, and Rick got in the non-priority line and I chilled with Tris with our tickets...got everyone to sign the book of messages we signed. These were the gifts I managed to give them. JPH!P T-shirts and swag. Went there to rep and rep :hipheart: my message to ChrNo as I babbled in Cantonese lol

Managed to get a whole bunch of other fans to sign at the last moment, incl. PomPom who was shaking as she was finished...then BLAM it's Tris, me, and Terrie (who brought a bunch of flowers for Chinami SURPRISE) when I got up there, I showed UF Prez the book and she was like "Fuck Yeah" and Momo was all "Hi Thank you" and i flashed the pinky, I was slamming jphip shirts at em, showing em the message book where they were featured, Yurina was like "Thanks" at words comic, hi5'd Socko, then at Miyabi I was like showed her ChrNo's page and gave her a photo I had of ChrNo pimpin Evil Super Villain and told her she was her biggest fan from France and she was like aaww thanks, went like sup Chinami and Maasa and showed em the Harry Potter page and they were Like DAAMN son and i was like shit forgot to give miyabi a shirt so u hook her up and gave em shirts too, then at BOOM Captain, was like this is the messages from international fans blah blah. And she was blown away, Bald Guy from the past H!P Events was all laughing and shit even as I was like fumbling with the photos. YEAH I was nervous cuz shit Captain was so tanned. So as I'm rolling out I'm like flipping her a jphip sign and I show her to proper way to do it: take the heart and FLIP it UPSIDE DOWN.

That's how we do. Pimping JPHiP and our HiPstaz to a super girl group from Japan: Berryz Kobo

One of the cameraman with a giant HD Camera filmed and interviewed me and Tris and we shit talked. He was real nice, hi5ing and like one of the fellow wotas.

Captain came out for the drawing and lol whatever didn't hear what she was saying, just mugging for the camera and we chased her to the back door and got her to wave. Fucking nice as hell they all are.

Closing Ceremonies, they came and presented the box of donations they collected! GJ everybody! The Chairman, Stark so overwhelmed aww <3

After we went to Cheesecake Factory and laughed at Canucks fans at the bar. Later, got the tip that they were at the airport because Terrie and friends saw them at Rocky Mountain Chocolate store around 7 - 7:30 pm (while we assumed Cheesecake Factory then went to Ops hotel to ustream)

so next morning we went to send people off, and met a lot of fans again but their plane was leaving soon (incl. Ops) but with Rick on the giant bus look out BLAMMO!! there came a big blue bus and Berryz was chillin. Miyabi was so energetic, with a Minnie mouse doll, bouncing around :heart:

lol we got stopped (well just me xD) by their handlers to stop filming and even got a badass dude to be like frontin LOL wish I took his pic but I was too busy filming this:

DDL http://www.twitter.com/?d=9TDBUVPW

They walked by and we got their attention and they waved. Maasa had a long purple flowery skirt, Miyabi hair up, tan trench coat, grey knee high socks, Yurina - tan coat, Captain - black greenish coat flowery black purple skirt, Risako - black coat, short shorts!?!??! couldn't see momo too well XD Then they were at the Delta counter "special unclosed" one for the longest time getting shit sorted and they started going into song!! WHOA imprompto concert.

Then like in proper order, walked by us and we politely waved and thank you'd off to the security area but stood back gathering stuff. Terrie had to leave too, gave her a giant hug and waved, lol they prolly thought we was waving at em. Then as they walked to the security check line, me, alo, Rick did a final g'bye flying jumping jack style and thnk it made em ROFFLe, couldn't see lol

Watched em go in. think Yurina or Maasa waved back, Captain dropped something and bent over.

Great to see everyone, the power and the energy was like AX and Sakura Cons 2009 rolled into one times a billion! Everyone united. The Japanese fans were enormous. Big ups to Terrie and Dasuke (the man with the Momo glasses and Glittery shirt)

A lot more to write. and details.... ChrNo hope u can read this. I have so much I want to tell you in person, one of the select HiPstaz that I truly admire because of all the energy you give into what you love - which is Miyabi and :hipheart:

Wanna give a big shout out to the HiPstaz who helped represent: alohellofan thanks for the ride and financing a brother, got goods for all, Opsmonkey big pimp with the jacket and Oilers gear for Miyabi! and doing the ustream from your hotel was hilarious times, Za_Wolf my boy always lookin out and supportin me when I'm so fucked up, cuz i gotcha too. thatonezombie that was hella epic we finally did it. one of the highlights of the trip no doubt bro. rokun mad styling great meeting up with one of the originals, u dance like no other white brother! betcha got Happy! Project on FB already Rickker we didn't get lost, just taking the scenic route! thanks for pickin up dinner n beers we gotcha. Tris-chan you and me OG's of this shit: JPH!P and weak drinkin, luv ya glad ya came and repp'd. Sugar Cafe DOT COM BigFreaky[/b] handling his U CANT SEE ME bidness, ustream was insane with Swtme03 great meeting SakuratheShadown[/b] HashirePomeranian[/b] and POMPOM finally. Are you SUB ZERO.

Mad love to all the fan support, Terrie and Pety from Taiwan!!! The raw energy is infectious and we took it all in. Big ups to dudes we met like Dosuke the Wota List guy, the overseas fans who came all over the place, a lotta AX/Sakura Con reunions like Dave! TakeoRey! Hello! Party's Brian and iceymoon, etc. etc. sorry if I forgot a name. To all the Sakura Con Staff (esp. cute Chinese girl who took the heat for us) for the discussion co-operation that we all went in with one common goal, to enjoy Berryz in USA.

BERRYZ FANS 最高!!

Of course, thanks to Up Front Staff and Japanfiles staff for bring them here, the management was real nice, lol everyone giving Yaz hugs. WE DONT CAUSE TROUBLE, we just love too much :hipheart: We'll be all over the DVD fo shizzzzzle :jphip:

Here's to more events at NYAF and Paris Expos or other fine conventions around the world. WE DID IT!! H!P OVERSEASS FANS REJOICE!!

(I will...finish this later tonite with more infos, photos....)

Offline SacredCultivator

• AYO T-ara~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #232 on: April 27, 2011, 02:54:24 AM »
Good times, good times.

Definitely can't wait for that DVD to be released. Just one of those where most people KNOW they'll be all over it.

Shouldn't be any delays like the AX one had, so can't wait!

hehe, whenever you get to posting more pictures, you gonna put up the ones where you're kicking my butt? =P
Hello!Fansub's is recruiting Translators / Karaoke Typesetters, if interested PM me.

Offline Rickker708

• Member+
« Reply #233 on: April 27, 2011, 03:10:08 AM »

girls entering the meet and greet

girls leaving the meet and greet

girls getting of the bus at the airport to return home
Life is one time.

Offline OpsMonkey

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #234 on: April 27, 2011, 03:31:44 AM »
Hahah.. "Miyabi, you can't see me" that was classic. Haven't finished watching vid but I hope the pressing question we had all weekend was asked too.  :lol:

Offline Rickker708

• Member+
« Reply #235 on: April 27, 2011, 04:48:38 AM »
Day1: (merch,tix,and wristbands)
first an formost was to get to the dealers room and get the guranteed autograph ticket and merch to enter raffles. The con has a no line till 30 min before event policy but wota being wota had to get there early and we had a not a line line going hours before the door opened. The con was nice about it and had us line up in a postion to hit the merch tables first.
      The next while was a bit of orderly chaos but we managed to pursevere. Most of us got the Friday pass but Dai took the Sunday. I  already posted in the gets section. There was a bit of time between that and the Q&A so I headed over and got my priority hotel wristband and dropped the loot back at the hotel. Got to the Q&A line with Rokun. The line ended up a ways down the hall when near go time another line started to form.
    WHAAAAAA????? Those with the priority wristbands were going to go in first, before press even. So I jumped over and was surprized uppon entering the wota ahead of me were going into the 2-5 rows when there were clearly seats up front. SNAG, got mine and placed my bag on the next seat. Upon arrival I Waved Rokun over and we both took our seats front row, in front of stairs to the stage.
We were between a family that called themselves Texas Musume (mom dad 2 girls little boy{that played angry birds the whole weekend} Mom and girls were in the pink camo outfits) and another family (dad made awesome mosaics for the girls mom and a young boy who will henceforth be known as awesomekidisawesome). There was a pv introducing each girl and then theye came in and the fun began.
Rokun had on a Miya purple tee which she seemed to pic up on cause I caught her looking our was a couple of times and I know I'm not that pretty. Others have covered the Questions and answers so I won't go there(mostly cause I dont remember the details)
     I just remember noticing Momo waving frantically off to my side and making funny faces. I look over and I see awesomekidisawesome waving his Momo fan at her as hard as he can with a face of pure joy.
after they left the Q+A we hipsters regrouped, Big Freaky had gotten in somewhere during the panel and had gotten lots of pics, Dai, Ops,Alohellofan, ZaWolf, Rokun and I headed off for the next event..............Friday autographs.
Damn this is taking up a lot of room more to come.
Life is one time.

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #236 on: April 27, 2011, 04:49:37 AM »
rokun mad styling great meeting up with one of the originals, u dance like no other white brother! betcha got Happy! Project on FB already
How did you know!? :lol:

And I dance like shit. :P Though that's something I might try to change... especially since I know how my camera's video works now. And a guy's gotta have some workout project over the summer!!

Offline SakuraTheShadow

« Reply #237 on: April 27, 2011, 09:54:12 PM »
ハロプロ!TIME
5月5日(木) 深夜1時00分~深夜1時30分

Berryz工房アメリカ初上陸!シアトルで開催のアニメコンべンション「サクラコン」に参加!
●コスプレ・観光・グルメなど初めての経験をメンバーが自分撮り
●徳永はイベントで英語スピーチにチャレンジ!

http://www.tv-tokyo....1105052500.html

5/5 HaroPuro! TIME is the Berryz in Sakura-Con special.

Source- Hello Online.

YEAH!!!!!!!

Off-topic now.

Oh also I was thinking if ºC-ute does come next year to the USA(Won't be surprising! Look at the pattern! 2009- Morning Musume 2010- Mano Erina 2011- Berryz Koubou) I'll be missing it. I'm saving the next trip for Morning Musume. It's pretty much my biggest regret having missed them at los angeles and there's a big weight on my shoulders about it!

Realistically speaking though, is it possible for them to come next year or in the next coming years if any new members aren't added?
After all, their already going to the fanclub tour in Hawaii.

Offline BigFreaky

• 一番カワイイ
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #238 on: April 28, 2011, 12:42:54 AM »
a couple more...

Offline Rickker708

• Member+
« Reply #239 on: April 29, 2011, 09:24:25 AM »
I'm still on day 1 right? where did I leave off?  Q+A?
On to Friday autographs.
    Dai had gotten a Sunday gurantee while the rest of us had gotten Fridays so we were in seperate lines. We were fairly near the front of the gurantee line. I had decided to get my dvd 2007 summer 10th(anniversary I'm guessing) Which I started getting signed on '09 with IshiYossi(Hangry&Angry) that they signed as hangry and angry. then later @ AX Morning Musume signed. Friday the signing order was age Captain first. I handed Saki my dvd cover and my letter of thanks. She took the letter(I did have to explain that it was a letter fro me to all the girls) a couple of the girls had to stop and think about where to sign and admired that I had so many signatures so far. A couple of Hangry + Angry??? 
    I had to go after Ops Monkey who was giving each girl a small teddy bear(and an Oilers jersey for Miya) lots of Kawaii for that.
AlloHelloFan behind me with mini gift boxes= more Kawaiis. Rokun  had something from his alma mater (earings for Miya as well?)
The girls were really sweet and made eye contact often. Damn they're all so beautiful.
After the signing was over and the girls left we went our seperate ways to drop off stuff and freshen up for the meet and greet.

Met up with AHF and Ops aned we made our way to the Red Lion. Once there we got in line for the meet and greet, soon after some anime fans got in line and one of the guys asked if this was the line for the m+g to which I promptly replied"nope.......line to the bathroom" which made the girls infront of us laugh(score). I don't think he liked me after that.
We get inside and find that Rokun already there at a table off to the side.
A bit later I notice the elevators we're next to are being use by the wait staff. Suddenly the middle set open and out pop a couple of the guests for the con, a little while later more guests(including Jo Chen). Rokun scored the table closest to where the girls would enter the party.
We had three doors to cover and quickly had our cameras on the table positioned for set doors for optimal coverage.

My door opens and staff get out, I notice a striking Yurina in the back corner of the elevator and then Chinami leans over from the side to peak out. By the time I have my camera ready I get some fotage of the staff in front of the elevators and the doors closing. 

Ding the elevator comes back and the girls get out, I get a good look, but leave the camera running at the table to not draw staff attention. They've changed into some nice dresses(except Risaco's IMHO wasn't feeling the spotted number).
We then get a chance for another photo op of the girls(I was several rows back and shoot blind and then one with the flash on)Rokun got closer and some great pics. They leave again soon after not staying long at all.(vid of they departing as well) Dai joins us and we get info from a reliable source that there is a party @ foxsports bar that has an open bar. We finish up and head downstairs to Hello Party2 to make an appearance and see whats up.
Met up with Za Wolf, Big Freaky, and Tris-chan.
Opening act was full of dissapoint. We split before my ears bled(to much). Off to open bar and blurry memorys. After a lot we took Tris-chan back to her room(sorry for the noise Tris-roommates) we made it back to the bar for last call and one more round. then back to HP2 to see if things had improved. We got there for the dancing, Dai immediatley got on the floor and proceeded to line, break, irish step, and slam  dance..........all at the same time. Missed the girl got the chairs.
Dai and Wolf started cutting a rug in the back (Dai taking out a few more chairs in the process). Ops and Big freaky got the pix. Then the show was over and thus ended day 1. Con off to a Brilliant start.

Life is one time.

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Lunkhead - Shiroi Koe