JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Shiina Ringo - Identity

Author Topic: Pink no Chao!! hosted by PLF  (Read 18742 times)

Offline Pink Lady Fan

Pink no Chao!! hosted by PLF
« on: September 03, 2009, 04:26:23 AM »

Legendary idols, vintage pop, classic rock and much more.

1. Pink no Chao Ep 1 Opening (2:02)
2. Kiyoshiro Imawano - Kamonabe (4:14)
3. Kiyoshiro Imawano - Seken Shirazu (Unsophisticated Man) (4:25)
4. B.B. Queens - Kimi ni Kokekokko! (3:48)
5. BaBe - Kiss in your dream (4:15)
6. Ayumi Ishida - Blue Light Yokohama (3:04)
7. Yukari Morikawa - Baby Talk (4:00)
8. MICA - Ra - di - o (5:06)
9. Meiko Kaji - Gincho Wataridori (3:12)
10. Pink Lady - Monster (4:22)
11. SKIRT - Skirt wo Haita Kajitsu (4:18)
12. Yu Hayami - Heart wa Modoranai (Get Out of My Life) (3:45)
13. Hitomi Ishikawa - Purple Mystery (3:38)
14. The Peanuts - Koi no Fugue (2:31)
15. Fumie Hosokawa - Suki Suki Suu (3:50)
16. Takako Shirai - Same (4:08)
17. Miyuki Nakajima - Gi no Ryu no Se ni Notte (6:16)
18. MIE - Break Motion (3:31)
19. Ryoko Moriyama - Koi wa Mizuiro (2:57)
20. Candies - Abunai Doyoubi (3:12) (**Cut for time due to Winamp issue**)
21. Hiromi Iwasaki - Cinderella Honeymoon (4:00) (**Cut for time due to Winamp issue**)
22. Mari Hamada - Hold On (One More Time) (4:27) (**Cut for time due to Winamp issue**)
23. Noriko Sakai - 100% no Koibito (3:54)
24. Pink no Chao Ep 1 Ending (1:22)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 12:31:04 AM by Pink Lady Fan »

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: Pink no Chao!! hosted by PLF **BEGINS SAT. SEPT 26th 9:00p-10:30p EST**
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 04:28:26 AM »
GENERAL!! SOLDIERS!!

Funky. Kicking it Old School PLF! :hipheart:

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 02:51:42 PM »
Aw yeah! I love Pink Lady and old school jpop, so by proxy I love PLF <3 looking forward to it!

Offline adventwriter

• Forever a Linlin wota.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 12:49:03 AM »
Looking forward to the show and hearing some vintage Jmusic. Can't wait!

Offline Pink Lady Fan

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009, 10:55:06 PM »
Hehe thanks for the support.

I really hate the sound of my own voice on the recording. I don't seem to be getting any better after several retries. :( I sound very "southern" (read as "redneck").  :thumbdown:

I might chicken out and scrap the talking portion.  XD

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2009, 11:35:59 PM »
Welcome back, Pink Lady Fan! I'm pretty excited about your show because lately I've been into 70's J-Cinema and all them flicks have great soundtracks. Anyways I was wondering if you're planning to record your show. I'd love to listen to it but it's broadcasted in the middle of the night my time :(

I might chicken out and scrap the talking portion.  XD
No way!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 11:46:42 PM by Masa »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 05:16:43 AM »
Podcasts maybe??

Aww...I love dem southern accents boyeeeee...hope u jump in the IRC and we'll give u slaps on da back.

Offline Pink Lady Fan

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2009, 05:11:28 AM »
Yay I got an opening and closing to the first ep that I'm semi-happy with, so the talk portion stays. The volume is a bit wonky on the ending bit but it will do. I'm learning, you know...  :lol: (Maybe one day I'll be brave enough to "go live" but recording fits my work schedule better)

I've got the playlist written down now I just have to rip and test the files and I'm all set for the 26th. :twothumbs

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2009, 09:08:58 AM »
seems so far away!! yet so close :)

Yeah, it takes a while to adjust to the talking. Even for me, crazy drunk asshole. And I've set the bar so low, I'm sure you'll kick plenty o' ass!

Offline Pink Lady Fan

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2009, 11:29:07 PM »
It's almost here now....  :love:

Everything is ready to go!

Offline Pink Lady Fan

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2009, 08:04:03 PM »
I've listen to my show 3 times now and think it's a good start and introduction to my style of music. I think you'll like it.

Now I just can't forget to start the show at 9 PM   :rofl:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2009, 09:51:49 PM »
It worked out! Great I am so there like flies to :ptam-shit:

Offline Pink Lady Fan

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2009, 04:44:07 AM »
Tracklist for episode 1 is on first post. I'll be posting the full episode here sometime tomorrow.

Winamp goofed and I had to cut 3 songs due to some sort of issue. The upload will include all of those songs.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2009, 05:17:26 AM »
Great re-debut show!! The talk portions was cute hehe

Kiyoshiro Imawano is new to me. MONSTAAAAAAAAAAAAAA and lots of old school dance tracks got everyone excited in IRC. Come on in next time!

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2009, 06:24:47 AM »
Hitomi Ishikawa...wonder if tru is reading this..? :P

Offline Pink Lady Fan

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2009, 11:24:47 PM »
Yes Hitomi Ishikawa was an idol in the 70's, and she continued singing into the 80's also. Her most popular song was "Machibuse," but she had lots of other good songs that just didn't sell as well. She sang ulta-cute "Purin Purin Monogatari" for the popular Japanese puppet show of the same name. Sadly, her career was shortened in 1987 when she was diagnosed with Hepatitis B. She attempted a comeback in the 90's but is now mostly a guest on TV talk shows.

She was very, very cute! Here is Hitomi performing "Machibuse"
石川ひとみ まちぶせ

*She's not related to any H!P members despite her name.  :lol:

Offline Pink Lady Fan

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2009, 12:29:41 AM »
Here's the file for last night's show:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=a7da7a6c938bf75fd9d5c56d04dfa8b0e04e75f6e8ebb871

Password: PLFjphip

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
Re: Pink no Chao!! hosted by PLF
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2009, 02:42:21 AM »
OMG PLF!  You're back.  (I did hear most of your show the other day so this is a bit belated).
I remember your chats in IRC about Pink Lady, Candies and Ryuichi Sakamoto.
Then the time you got fed up of H!P and chopped a poster up with scissors (I think I later saw one of the photos on an uploader! :lol:)
I've got bored of H!P myself lately and rarely listen, I've been listening to a lot of older stuff lately.
Have you seen how much Pink Lady stuff is on youtube?  There's whole concerts, loads of tv appearances etc but you've gotta be quick sometimes cuz some of those uploading dudes are pretty strange, uploading loads of stuff then deleting it again a few days or weeks later.

I'd like to ask you a couple of things about Pink Lady if you don't mind.
The various reunions they've had. (How many is it now? :lol:) - what was the reason for the original breakup (and subsequent ones).  Did they fall out with each other?
I saw a documentary with dramatised bits showing how they had a hectic schedule, getting up very early and working until past midnight and only getting a few hours sleep, getting treated badly by the dance instructor, etc...  I guess that's a good reason to quit.  I assume they negotiated a better contract when they got back together.
Another documentary (or maybe the same one) had stuff about their solo careers and something about Mie losing all her money and having to sell her house and cars but I didn't understand it all so I don't know why she lost it, whether she was just reckless with her money or whether her manager ripped her off or something.  Maybe you know something about that as it's been bugging me.
Sig gone. Tinypic is no more.

Offline Pink Lady Fan

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2009, 02:40:49 AM »
Then the time you got fed up of H!P and chopped a poster up with scissors (I think I later saw one of the photos on an uploader! :lol:)

That wasn't me.... :sweatdrop: But if I had owned an H!P poster back then I probably would have done the same![/quote]

Have you seen how much Pink Lady stuff is on youtube?  There's whole concerts, loads of tv appearances etc but you've gotta be quick sometimes cuz some of those uploading dudes are pretty strange, uploading loads of stuff then deleting it again a few days or weeks later.

I've seen most of the PL stuff on youtube, and Jeff from PLA posts stuff on there occasionally too. Great stuff! I like the performance of Chameleon Army with the color changing outfits the best.

The various reunions they've had. (How many is it now? :lol:) - what was the reason for the original breakup (and subsequent ones).  Did they fall out with each other?

The original breakup was because they weren't selling anymore as Pink Lady. By the time they came to America in 1979 (in order to film the awful Pink Lady and Jeff that aired in early 1980) they had had some set backs and never had a #1 single again. The biggest blow was their management's decision to host a PL special on the same night and time as the Kohaku, which was seen as a major snub to the industry. The next single after that horrible incident was Zipangu which is cuter and more innocent than their previous singles. They were trying to fix their damaged image. Between Zipangu and OH! they never had another top ranking single (no single went higher then #4 and by the end of 1979 it was in the #50 range or worse) again mainly because of the Kohaku thing but also because after 10 #1 singles in a row the country was moving on to new things (I can't blame the public for it because PL's management did an ungodly amount of publicity and memorabilia for the duo).

They split up in 1981 to go solo. Both created music solo. Mie became a racy photobook star (top selling photobook of 1984!) and starred in a very scandalous movie called "Call Girl" in which she played the main role and sang the theme. They are still active today as far as solo music goes and appear on TV shows semi-regularly.

The first reunion came when they got back together and recorded the album Suspense ~Pink Lady Again~. They reunited again in the 1990's to promote a single in which Mie and Kei wrote themselves, "Pink Eyed Soul" (and to promote the best hits album that the song debuted on). The last time they reunited was for the single "Terebi ga Kita Hi" and the UFO (Unforgettable Final Ovation) Tour which ended in 2005. Both Mie and Kei say that this time they will officially cease to perform as Pink Lady, but continue being friends and performing solo.

I saw a documentary with dramatised bits showing how they had a hectic schedule, getting up very early and working until past midnight and only getting a few hours sleep, getting treated badly by the dance instructor, etc...  I guess that's a good reason to quit.  I assume they negotiated a better contract when they got back together.

The reunion album Suspense ~Pink Lady Again~ was released on a different label from their other material, so it would have been a completely new contract which only lasted for 1 album and 1 single (Fushigi Love). I can understand the hectic schedule and being tired, but I think honestly they just wanted to move on and do new things.

Another documentary (or maybe the same one) had stuff about their solo careers and something about Mie losing all her money and having to sell her house and cars but I didn't understand it all so I don't know why she lost it, whether she was just reckless with her money or whether her manager ripped her off or something.  Maybe you know something about that as it's been bugging me.

I remember a news article a couple of years ago where someone stole money from Mie's bank account. It was an account that Mie wasn't using and didn't keep up with properly and she became the victim of identity theft. Hehe, it must be nice to have so much money you need multiple bank accounts that you don't feel a need to keep up with. :nervous
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 02:49:36 AM by Pink Lady Fan »

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2009, 04:59:21 AM »
That wasn't me.... :sweatdrop: But if I had owned an H!P poster back then I probably would have done the same!

Ah, lol, sorry.  I wonder who the poster cutter was.  That's gonna bug me now. XD
EDIT: It was Vikitty.  In Jan 2006.  The same month you disappeared, thats why I thought it was you.

I like the performance of Chameleon Army with the color changing outfits the best.

I've seen that.  Probably some form of bluescreen.  Also the version of Toumeiningen when they go invisible.

The version of Monster with the big monster that looks like a massive funny-looking owl makes me lol. :lol:

The original breakup was because they weren't selling anymore as Pink Lady.

Ah, ok, as simple as that?  I should have realised, since in every documentary about them there's always a graph showing the decline with the lowering sales figures and chart positions.  Personally I do think that their earlier singles are better than their later ones, so that might have also contributed.  Did Aku Yuu write all their songs or just the earlier ones?

The biggest blow was their management's decision to host a PL special on the same night and time as the Kohaku, which was seen as a major snub to the industry. The next single after that horrible incident was Zipangu

Ah yes, I'd read about that.  That'd be the 1978.12.31 Kouhaku?  I've got clips of them on 20th Nihon Record Taishou as well as Nihon no Uta on that day, they could easily have done Kouhaku as well in the same way that Ayu manages several TV appearances as well as her 2-3 hours long Countdown concert.  I don't think I've seen any clips of that PL special, although I might have because the people on youtube hardly ever bother to label their stuff, it's most annoying... although I'm getting good at identifying the shows  from the recognisable backdrops.  Are there any screenshots of the PL special so I know what I'm looking for?

Their last concert is one of the most surreal concerts I've ever seen. :lol:

Regarding their solo stuff, am I right in assuming that Mie has done a lot more stuff than Kei has.  I'm basing this purely on the fact that theres a lot of Mie stuff on youtube but I've only seen a small amout of Kei stuff.  Maybe Mie just has more fans on youtube! :lol:
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 05:26:16 AM by ~Dan~ »
Sig gone. Tinypic is no more.

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Shiina Ringo - Identity