JPHiP Radio (32/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hotei Tomoyasu - Thrill (Punky version)

Author Topic: The "post cool stuff that you want" thread  (Read 76556 times)

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The "post cool stuff that you want" thread
« Reply #180 on: July 04, 2008, 12:29:07 PM »
^ Unless SONY packages there EX71's (or 75's) I would not consider the included ear plugs a selling point, just go with the specs of the player and add the other ear plugs (which btw will cost about eur 50 also :) )

I might be going for a new player also, this looks nice but I need more space... a 160GB iPod would fit but I don't want iTunes on my system.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 12:31:33 PM by frblckstr1 »

Offline JTRIX

• Looking for Green Kame
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #181 on: July 04, 2008, 10:23:40 PM »
^ Unless SONY packages there EX71's (or 75's) I would not consider the included ear plugs a selling point, just go with the specs of the player and add the other ear plugs (which btw will cost about eur 50 also :) )

I might be going for a new player also, this looks nice but I need more space... a 160GB iPod would fit but I don't want iTunes on my system.

What about Zune? I got a 80GB version and so far it's good. The problem I have is that some features are still un-useable in Canada so that killed the Zune
The 5 beams: Sexy Beam, Mayuge Beam/Akabiman Beam, Miracle Beam, and Usa-Chan Beam

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #182 on: July 05, 2008, 07:44:48 AM »
What about Zune? I got a 80GB version and so far it's good. The problem I have is that some features are still un-useable in Canada so that killed the Zune
No Zune where I live, I have a 60GB Creative Zen (and a COWON Q5W 40GB) but its getting full, need MORE SPACE :)
(another reason not to buy a iPod is: it can't play WMV's, which is half of my collection)

I also do not like the idea of having to swap-out (micro)SD's, I like to search while the previous songs is still playing and then add them to the current play-list.

Edit: Looks like I'm going for a Archos 605 160GB:

Not the 705, this is for audio.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 06:32:00 PM by frblckstr1 »

Offline Guchi_Jnr

• Livin' Your Dream
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #183 on: July 19, 2008, 03:53:33 PM »

A RIZE iPod cover..  :w00t:

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #184 on: July 20, 2008, 11:01:50 AM »
Been on the market for a new watch, and found this.

http://www.lvzhongfang.com/concept/tiwe/tiwe-a.htm

Too bad it's only a concept :( But it's so cool and useless!

Someone needs to make it now!

Offline doubledown11

« Reply #186 on: September 15, 2008, 07:02:28 AM »
I know jackshit when it comes to using SLRs but have thought about getting one.
The bulkiness was always a drawback and this new model by Panasonic is nice and compact.
However, I have 2 concerns.
One is that even though the camera itself is small, aren't most good quality lenses 1-2x the size of the camera?  So with a decent lens attached, the combination will still be a bulky summabitch.
2ndly, it seems this Lumix SLR uses the LCD for imaging.  My understanding was that with digital SLRs, one of the main benefits was that you use the viewfinder and can take shots any time you want with no bootup time.  With the DMC G1, it appears you have to wait for the camera to turn on b4 you can start shooting. (but maybe I'm wrong).
Still it's a camera i have to consider if I want to upgrade to an SLR so thanks for the 411.

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #187 on: September 15, 2008, 08:05:25 AM »
I actually have very little experience with SLRs myself. But I love the quality and the ability to use large lenses as I've found it annoying when I see the perfect thing to take pic of, but my point & shoot just couldn't capture it like I wanted to.

I have done a bit of research and I'll try to answer a couple of your questions.

Anyway, the thing with the G1, it also uses smaller lenses too so you have to get lenses made for it(atleast until other companies start to adopt the micro four thirds standard) or you have the choice of getting a four thirds adapter which uses slightly smaller than standard lenses but a little bigger than the G1's. Of course it'll still be a whole lot bigger than your point & shoot, but that's the price you pay for quality.

I've never actually used a DSLR other than trying it at the store, but I thought you would still have to turn on the camera to take any pics. All I knew was that the advantage of the viewfinder was that it didn't use any power unlike an LCD and you saw exactly of what you're taking a picture of. One of my concerns about this camera was the LCD viewfinder, but it seems to be using some special kind of LCD with better picture quality than normal LCDs. As for bootup, DSLRs boot up in like a second or less so I don't think there's much to worry about there other than the slight power use.

Here's a sort of review of a pre-production model with tons of info on it (probably just about everything you'd want to know) http://www.dpreview.com/Previews/PanasonicG1/

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Shining Star

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #189 on: November 29, 2008, 11:59:23 PM »
One thing I really want for Christmas is a new cool cover for my iPhone 3G, and since it's only the best for me I chose this:

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
  • >:|
« Reply #190 on: December 01, 2008, 07:44:57 AM »
I suddenly want to buy a new motherboard

Offline JTRIX

• Looking for Green Kame
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #191 on: December 01, 2008, 07:47:04 AM »
^lol... ebc, when I clicked on this page I usually go straight to the bottom to read the latest post. Then I saw your photos with the girls and I thought "ebc wants the girls???"
The 5 beams: Sexy Beam, Mayuge Beam/Akabiman Beam, Miracle Beam, and Usa-Chan Beam

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #192 on: December 01, 2008, 07:50:54 AM »
I saw your photos with the girls and I thought "ebc wants the girls???"
Well, who wouldn't? :D

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #193 on: December 01, 2008, 09:32:37 AM »
I want one if the girls dressed in condoms too!

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #194 on: December 03, 2008, 08:45:22 PM »
^ LMAO!!

SHIT look out iPhone. It's the Nokia N97 :o

Offline Shining Star

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #195 on: December 04, 2008, 10:40:05 PM »
^I don't think people are going to camp day's before it's release infront of the shops. :P

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #196 on: December 04, 2008, 11:39:58 PM »
^ LMAO!!

SHIT look out iPhone. It's the Nokia N97 :o

Nice. I like that it has a real physical keyboard too.

Offline ripchak

• Member+
« Reply #198 on: March 08, 2009, 10:42:23 AM »
phones are getting crazy now

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #199 on: April 03, 2009, 03:40:13 PM »
lol @ EBC's pics. They sure know how to advertise a product  :lol: well, it works for cars, why wouldn't it for computer parts.

JPHiP Radio (32/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hotei Tomoyasu - Thrill (Punky version)