JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sloth Love Chunks - So Fa Mi Re

Author Topic: Planning a 10th Anniversary Appreciation post  (Read 4369 times)

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Planning a 10th Anniversary Appreciation post
« on: November 19, 2007, 10:01:50 AM »
I got an idea for a special thread that everyone could take part in building, but at first I need to find out if there's enough interest.

There are quite a bit of rules that I've come up with, so I'd like to explain those, too.

But first of all, the idea would be that in the thread, a post would be dedicated to each member that has ever belonged to H!P.
Each post would contain at least a picture of the member and a brief (or long, depends on the maker) explanation on how they contribute/contributed or are/were important to Hello!Project. Other than that, the content of the post would be up to the maker; they could also decide whether to ask other fans for something to add to the post (the member threads can be used for this purpose). For example, if someone other than drifoy got to pick Reina but wanted to ask drifoy for a beautiful graphic for the post, that would be perfectly acceptable. The only limit would be to not have too much text (such as long poems or fanfics) because we're not making a novel here :lol: Youtube etc. links would also be acceptable, but let's leave downloads for other places.

Now about distributing the H!P members. Only one post per each H!P member, so fierce battling shall take place over who gets to write about who. :lol:  I figured that at first, everyone would be able to choose 1-3 girls that they wanted to 'appreciate'.  However, if you chose more than one girl, the girls would all have to be from different units because I think it would be unfair if the same person got to do, for example, Sayumi, Reina and Risa, or Risako, Miyabi and Momoko. It just wouldn't be fair, right? An exception are groups that have been un-functional for years (for example, T&C Bomber) and H!P Eggs, just because they have less fans than the currently active and releasing groups. If somebody wants to write about two or three Eggs, be my guest!!

So at first, people would choose their girls on a first-come-first-serve basis. To make it as fair as possible, I'd let everyone know in advance exactly when the claiming thread is opened. After that, if it started to look like some members aren't being chosen (especially members who have graduated H!P ages ago, or H!P Eggs), anyone who was interested would be allowed to write on them. But only time will tell if there'd be need for this.

Also, busy people would be adviced to choose only one member to write on, if it seems like they won't have enough time to put much thought into their 'appreciation'. :D

So, what do you think? Would you be interested in taking part in something like this?

DON'T start claiming for any members yet!! XD

An example post would be like:

SHIRENU

*a pic of shirenu*

Since Roman My Dear Boy, shirenu has brought JOY and HAPPINESS to the wonderful world of Hello! Project fandom!
Her H!P Egg site, even if not up-to-date, is rather splendid!
May her spirit LIVE ON and her arse never be banned!
What would we do without shirenu!!

*some decorative pics/a Youtube vid*

...So yeah! Coming up with something like that wouldn't be too hard, right ^_^
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 02:52:55 PM by shirenu »
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
Re: Planning a 10th Anniversary Appreciation post
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 12:25:53 PM »
I think this is a wonderful idea, Shirenu!
I would definitely be all about taking part in something like this (and I know we're not claiming yet, but I'm also all about writing on some of the Eggs.  :D)

:::Twitter
::Rest in Peace, Jabs. You'll be forever missed. <3::

Offline redux

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • I shit my pants on a regular basis
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 01:11:12 PM »
Sounds like a cool idea and I'd be up for it, I only really know enough about the Momosu members to write about them as I don't really follow any of the other groups anywahere near as much but yeah...this sounds like it could be a fun idea.

Offline Nouciel

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • nouciel
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 02:34:07 PM »
I think it's a good idea :)
Even if I don't write too much about H!P members, this would be a nice opportunity to start writing about why I appreaciate some of my fav. members XD

Offline Masabi

• ミ★
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • metallica orz
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 01:29:32 AM »
I'd really like to take part!
The artist formerly known as Gray.

Offline Rina the Robot

• ☠☠☠
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2007, 01:57:29 AM »
I'm interested!  :w00t:
rina ♥ mini

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2007, 02:55:00 PM »
Thanks for the replies! :D

Well, I made a H!P member list and there are 111(!) names on it XD Should include all, even H!P Kansai...

In the end some people might end up writing about as many as 7 members (if there's interest) if we're really going to try and write about as many members as possible. But worrying about that will come only after all the popular members have been taken. For now, those who want to write about several members should just worry about their first 3 picks and then wait for updates about what we're gonna do with the "left-overs" ^^;;

Also, I think I'm going to open the claim thread this weekend...

It would be Saturday 8AM here in Finland (waking up early just 4 u -.-)
This page is useful: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/  (Helsinki is Finland)

If I counted right, it would be then 10PM on Friday in Seattle, 1AM in New York, 6AM in London (ouch), 1PM in Bangkok, 3PM in Tokyo...

There's no time that would please everyone, so oh well.

The thread will stay open, so there's no real rush! You should only worry about being there in time if you really want to write about a certain member and want to make sure you get it.

Just to make sure that people have time to read and understand the rules I'll probably make the claim thread already on Friday, but the thread will stay locked until the time that I've mentioned.
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2007, 05:23:54 AM »
THIS SOUNDS LIKE FUN!!!  :w00t:

Genius baby! It'll be like the longest single loving thread EVARRR!!!

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2007, 08:41:56 PM »
Awesome idea Shi! :thumbsup :w00t:

Offline LaJon

• King Lurker
  • ecchi
  • Member+