JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Gospellers - Endroll

Author Topic: Berry Beautiful [Volume 2]  (Read 94751 times)

Loser87

Re: Berry Beautiful [Chapter 13: The Morning After]
« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2007, 04:28:57 PM »
About damn time!
Now update again! >o<
I DEMAND IT!!

sry no long prodding comments today
It's..1:25 a.m. here in Korea =O

BUT UPDATE!!! >_>

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2007, 06:33:22 PM »
I'm not sure what the mood for this chapter was suposed to be but I actually found it funny. Nice to see you updated. Berryz goodies FTW
There were mainly a lot of hints in this chapter of things to come that might not make much sense quite yet... :lol: It might make more sense once later chapters come out, if... that itself makes any sense. ;)

Nice to hear from you Loser. ^_^ I thought you might not be around now. Don't worry, more updates will be coming...

Offline chibilolli

• Uh Wha?
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Gaki Gay Lord
« Reply #62 on: July 19, 2007, 02:50:17 PM »
Glad you updated. I really enjoyed that chapter.

Now I'm with Loser when I say...UPDATE AGAIN! :D

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Berry Beautiful [Chapter 14]
« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2007, 01:02:42 AM »
Well I'm sorry to have taken so long. >.> I've just had sporadic internet access and been busy a lot while on vacation the last couple weeks... Anyway, I hope this isn't too long, but there should be plenty in it for my loyal readers. ^_^ Enjoy...

Chapter 14

The five girls eventually joined up with the two late additions, when Miyabi found out Maasa had apparently finally finished with her bath. She spared nothing in teasing Maasa about her wrinkled fingers, and though the larger girl looked like she wanted to say something several times, she held her tongue after dark glances at Miyabi, who each time perked up as if incredibly interested in seeing what the girl had to say.

As the afternoon wore on, Miyabi found that she apparently developed some nerve and was now hoping to get Saki alone for an encounter she hoped further would be much different from that morning in her room. This, of course, was exceedingly difficult as she always had at least three girls who seemed intent on gluing themselves to her sides. She was what held them all together to begin with after all, and always seemed to be at the center of things. It wasn’t that she was necessarily the “life of the party” sort of person. She was definitely extroverted, but quite content to let the other girls take the spotlight, which most of them were very happy to do. It was more like she was the moderator of their gatherings, the MC role that she performed so well even in concerts. It was one of the many things Miyabi admired about her. The girl was so popular, yet humble to a fault, never taking any glory for herself and always brushing aside her own concerns to attend to those of the other girls. This was in stark contrast to what seemed everyone else, who was so self-absorbed it was amazing their “team” held together so long. Well, Captain was the reason for that.

Miyabi respected her greatly for all of that, but she never thought any more of it than just respectfulness of their leader. That is, until last night. Last night Saki had opened up to her, and let her into a world in which she was very self-conscious. Miyabi didn’t know how many times the girl apologized to her for neglecting her Berryz whenever he came into her mind. Miyabi thought absolutely nothing of it of course – while it was rather odd to hear Saki talk about herself so much, the girl was allotted that and so much more. Since that night though, when she held the small and wispy girl in her arms, Miyabi wondered if she’d mentioned her breakup to any of the other girls yet…

“Miya-chan~!” piped a still-hyper peach girl. “Do you like the jacket that much?”

Miyabi stared in front of her into her own face. Below it she wore her normal jeans and t-shirt, but over it was a jacket she had never seen before. It was short and leather, black with red stripes where it cut off just above her belly. She swiveled her waist slightly. It did look good on her. She could imagine wearing a tee below it that was also cut off just above her midriff, and the jacket was the perfect length to show her belly button off gracefully. Yet, it still had the sort of bad girl image that she incurably was drawn to…

“I guess I do,” she said, honestly surprised. Momo looked up to her from the side, peering at her appearance. That’s right. They were shopping, and she was trying on this jacket in one of the stores they went into.

“Here,” Momo said, and thrust a pack of hangars carrying a few blouses into her chest. “Try these on. I think they will, er…” She gave Miyabi another appraising look that clearly implied she thought the pink of the blouses would look much better on her than the jacket. “You’ll be so cute in them!” And she pushed Miyabi toward the dressing rooms.

Miyabi stumbled over there awkwardly. She would never in a million years buy these blouses, and she nearly feared even putting them on to see what they did to her, although she admitted they couldn’t be much worse than some of the things she wore on stage, but she thought she’d make the girl happy to continue to try to get to the bottom of her unusual friendliness. If the girl had taken the time to get to know her before, she would realize that Miyabi wasn’t exactly into the cute princessy style as she was.

Regaining her composure, she ambled to a fitting room door, opening it and sliding in to hang the blouses on the door hook. It was only when she turned around again though that she realized this room was already occupied. She found herself blushing in mortification.

“Hello!” Saki said cheerily from centimeters away. Blessedly the girl was not fully undressed, but she still stood only in a plain white tank and denim short skirt, clearly in-between trying on some shirts of her own.

“Hi…” Miyabi said in return. She felt she would have liked to say much more, but any other words had completely left her at the moment for some reason.

Saki glanced past Miyabi at the blouses she had just hung up on the door, and her smile faltered slightly before her eyes returned to Miyabi’s face. “I see Momo-chan found some things that would be perfect for you too, huh?” She gestured behind her to another, smaller set of pink blouses as well as skirts that she’d apparently hung there and intended to try on herself. “I don’t know about mine, but I’m sure the pink in those would really set off the black in your eyes, Miya…” The corner of her mouth turned up as she finished, and Miyabi’s blush faded into a grimace.

“If you ever catch me wearing something like that apart from the stage, you’ll kill me before anyone else gets the chance to see me, right?” She said this very seriously, as well as without thinking, so she was momentarily affronted when Saki burst out laughing until she realized what had just come out of her mouth. “Oh…” she said, the flush creeping back into her cheeks. “Oh dear…” She circled the shorter girl and dropped onto the bench along the wall, dropping her head in an attempt to bury her face in her hands. Here she was, finally alone with the girl, and this wasn’t going at all as she had envisioned it.

She felt an arm around her shoulders and instinctively raised her head to look at the smiling girl beside her. “You have my word,” she spoke in a serious voice belied by the smile whose corners were trembling with apparent effort not to break out in further laughter.

For some reason though Miyabi felt quite relieved at those words, and she let her hands fall to her sides, looking back into the girl’s face. Now finally letting herself relax a little, despite the continuing awkwardness of the situation she thought she’d try to salvage what she could. “Saki-chan…” she began.

Saki looked around. “Kind of an odd place for a conversation, don’t you think Miya-chan?” Miyabi glanced too at their cramped quarters and the clothes covering two opposite walls.

“Yeah I suppose…” she said slowly, and quickly barked a short laugh. “It is, isn’t it? But Saki…” she said once more, seriously again, and Saki this time lowered her head in attentiveness. She knew when someone wanted her to listen. “I…” She’d thought about talking to the girl all afternoon, but now that she had her she apparently didn’t know what to say. “I really enjoyed last night,” she said finally, and almost bit off the last word when she realized what she’d said.

However, Saki just broke into another of her warm smiles. “I did too,” she said sincerely. “I’m sorry I bothered you with my problems, but –“

“You didn’t bother me,” Miyabi broke in quickly, leaning closer as if that would make her seem more earnest. Their faces now were almost close enough to be touching, though Miyabi didn’t seem to notice this intimacy. “I liked that you told me about it,” she said, lowering her eyes a little. “I mean, it’s totally horrible that happened to you, but thank you for… letting me in…” Her knuckles were now white as she clutched tightly at the bottoms of her shorts.

Saki was silent for a moment, so eventually she looked back up into her face. The girl was no longer smiling, but studying her closely, her face unreadable. She fought to hide another blush at the scrutiny she was being put through. It seemed like the girl was debating with herself about something. Finally though, she spoke again. “I’m still not sure why I did that…” She looked toward the door needlessly; they could hear the babble from the store behind, but no one they recognized appeared close to their room. “Miya-chan, I… I try to keep my personal matters outside of Berryz. Well, at least I tried to until he came along, but still I never really talked about him.” She was right, Miyabi realized. She and the rest of the girls obviously knew Saki was meeting him between concerts and after the party, as well as all the other times before then, but she’d never actually mentioned it. Saki looked down her nose. “And I’d still like to know how you all found out about him…” Miyabi shrugged with feigned innocence, and Saki rolled her eyes before going on.

“But last night, I don’t know, we’d both apparently just faced horrible rejection – I know you think mine was much worse Miya, but as far as what they meant to both of us they were equal enough.” Miyabi shut her mouth to cut off the point she had intended to argue. She still wasn’t sure what the girl meant, but she was obviously brooking no nonsense. “And…” Saki went on. “Well, you asked about me, and wouldn’t take ‘no’ for an answer. I’m not used to people being like that with me. It’s usually the other way around…”

She trailed off, and the two girls stared into each others’ eyes. Miyabi felt she should be blushing at the compliment, but couldn’t do anything but look back into the warmth of the eyes in front of her. She found her gaze straying to take in the other features of the girl’s face – her bushy eyebrows, her perfect nose, her dark complexion, her lips… She just caught Saki darting her tongue out to lick them a little for some reason.

Then, a wind grazed Miyabi’s knees as the door in front of them flew open, and she flew to her feet likely just as quickly. “Oh,” came the voice from beyond it. Risako looked in between the two of them, clearly surprised by what she saw. “Miya, I didn’t know you were… er… here.” She now was just looking Miyabi up and down, disdain and some other emotion Miyabi couldn’t decipher in her face.

“I was just leaving,” Miyabi said quickly, and took a step out the door before she remembered the blouses, which she hurriedly spun back to take, noticing a once more composed and smiling Saki standing slowly herself. This bothered Miyabi for some reason until she noticed the girl needlessly brushing her skirt. Then, smiling herself, she walked off with the blouses past the girl who had interrupted them, unconsciously ignoring her in her own distracted thought.

When she had walked half-way across the store, she realized she still hadn’t tried on the blouses Momoko picked out for her. Well, there was no way for the girl to know that since she had after all gone to the dressing rooms, so rather than face herself wearing those dreadful things, she went to tell her they just didn’t seem quite right, and had them put back. Momoko seemed slightly disappointed, but thankfully did not recommend anything further for her.

While Miyabi was at the register purchasing her jacket with Momo not far back in tow, the other girls joined up with Saki and Risako bringing up the rear. Miyabi tore her face back to the sales clerk when she realized she was giving Saki a dreamy smile, which she thought the girl caught just as she looked away. She also caught a glimmer of a pout on Risako’s face as her eyes rolled past. Now what could her problem be?

They left the store and began conversing merrily until someone brought up the subject of supper since it was getting late. “This is our last day together for two weeks, so we should all eat together somewhere!” a too-cheery Chinami said, and amid murmurs of agreement the girls decided to eat at a ramen shop near the arena, fitting, they supposed, since it would remind them of the occasion.

“Well, I suppose we’re big-time now, aren’t we?” Yurina asked between mouthfuls of noodles.

“Nonsense,” Momo said with her usual primness. “We’ve always been big-time.” There were a few nods of agreement from around the table above long noodles being slurped. Miyabi wasn’t too sure of that herself, but decided not to speak her thoughts. Although, a surprising amount of kids near her age she’d met lately knew who she was and were excited about seeing her…

She looked around at the other girls. Maasa, Yurina and Momo were still arguing over the point the tallest brought up. Saki was quietly enjoying her ramen, giving smiles and short glances from time to time at the others. Miyabi did her best not to let her eyes linger there. Chinami was staring at a noodle she held in her chopsticks as if it were quite an interesting worm. Risako was just staring off into space with her mouth slightly open, her chopsticks forgotten dangling a few noodles above her bowl. Miyabi suppressed a giggle. Now that she wasn’t smitten with the younger girl, she realized how her flights of fancy must seem to the average person.

“…What do you think, Miya?” came Maasa’s voice from beside her, causing her to drop the noodle she’d just lifted back into her bowl.

“Huh?” she asked with widened eyes.

Yurina, who was sitting beside her, raised her hand and tapped her head. “Wake up! It’s not time to sleep yet! If you don’t watch yourself, we’re gonna have to start calling you Risako…” The other girls giggled, except for Saki who just smiled as she always did, and at the sound of her name the eyes of the youngest came back into focus.

“What?” she asked. They all laughed again, much to the chagrin of both the teased girls.

“Come on,” Maasa said. “Are we all done?” There was a flurry of activity, and several of the girls stood up and began the walk to the door – all except for Miyabi, Risako and Chinami, who still had noodles in their chopsticks. Chinami tried to slurp hurriedly, but Maasa took her arm and yanked her up too, whispering something to her that Miyabi thought sounded sinister while she gave shifty glances at the two still seated, and they both scurried away leaving them alone at the table. Miyabi was trying to eat her noodles quicker as well until Chinami rose, which made her just attempt to stand up and bang her knee instead, causing her to drop back into the chair. She was still rubbing it as the rude girls wandered out the door.

She looked across the table to see Risako staring at her with her chopsticks laid over her bowl and hands folded neatly on the table. Miyabi glared around. This was obviously a set-up, though she didn’t know for what.

“Miya…” the younger said in a low voice. “I want to talk to you.” Miyabi didn’t like the tone she was addressed with at all, but with her knee still hurting like it did she felt that if she tried to stand up she’d just collapse, and she did not want the girl acting the hero and picking her up off the floor.

“What is it?” she responded shortly, not in the mood for pleasantries.

Risako went on as if she didn’t notice Miyabi’s tone. “I want to know why you’ve been ignoring me all day today.”

Miyabi couldn’t help herself now and stared at the girl, the pain in her knee completely forgotten. “Are you crazy?” she asked, flabbergasted.

Risako raised an eyebrow. “Is that why? You think I’m crazy?” Her voice started to become a little angry. “And what would have given you that impression!”

Miyabi continued staring. “You’re the one who threw me out of your bed last night. You’re the one who said you didn’t want me near you.”

“I never said that!” Risako retorted, her voice rising now. “I just… I couldn’t be close to you like that!”

“Sounds the same to me,” Miyabi said bitterly. “Anyway, it doesn’t matter anymore. To take a phrase from you, I’ve moved on.” With that, she got up from her chair, the sore knee forgotten, and headed toward the door.

“Miya!” she heard the girl yell from behind her. She looked back to see her on her feet as well and leaned over the table toward her. Several other people in the restaurant now were turned toward the two sparring young teens. “Why do you keep ignoring me?”

Miyabi looked back levelly for a moment. She knew what the girl was aiming for now, but was unsure how she wanted to respond. Risako was used to attention all the time, most of all Miyabi’s, and now that she wasn’t getting it, it was driving her crazy. “We’re still friends, Rii-chan,” she said at last, trying to put some warmth into her voice. “But people, including me, do have lives aside from you,”

“No you don’t…” the younger said in a low voice, and Miyabi could sense a hint of a pout in it, although it mostly seemed quite serious.

In response, Miyabi glared at her before spinning on her heel and walking out, blood running hard in her ears shutting out the sound of any further comment the girl might have. She could just be so… so… Risako sometimes! Stalking off down the street she didn’t pay attention to where she was going, and some other pedestrians scampered quickly out of her way when it looked like she was just going to trample them. “Argh!!!” she growled not softly, coming to a sudden stop at a corner. Calm yourself Miyabi, stay calm. Let the goddess inside you… Her calming exercise doing the trick, she cast her mind about for a thought other than one involving her young friend. Strangely, Saki’s face popped up, and she donned a stupid grin. Feeling lighter now, she started forward, her eyes still closed trying to keep that picture in her mind.

The blaring sound of a horn getting quickly and immediately louder was her only warning, and her eyelids flew open as she turned to see headlights barreling toward her. She’d walked right out into the middle of the street in her trance. She started to scream, but was cut off quickly as something jarred her from the side, tossing her out of the car’s path and onto the pavement.

The next few moments happened in a daze. The screech of brakes sounded from where she’d seen the car. She felt something warm on top of her as she lay on the pavement for the second time in the past twenty-four hours. She must have developed some affinity for it. Funny, she’d never thought of that before. Was pavement a living thing?

The warmth pulled up and away from her, but was replaced by a hand tugging at hers, pulling her up. The sound of a car door shutting echoed throughout her brain, and she heard a male voice cry out, “Oh no, is she hurt?” Something swam into sight before Miyabi’s eyes and she saw a short balding man swaying in front of her ringing his hands. “And while Kiko was riding with me too…! My wife is going to kill me!”

She heard another door shut a bit more softly, and a little girl came running around the car to the man, looking wide-eyed toward Miyabi and her savior, whom she hadn’t been able to focus on enough yet to see who it was. “Oooh Daddy Daddy! They’re Berryz Koubou! Wait until I tell all my friends my daddy almost ran over Berryz Koubou!!”

“And she’s a celebrity…?” the man said in almost a whimper. His eyes rolled back into his head and Miyabi thought he was going to pass out.

“What are you doing walking out in front of a car, Miya-chan~?” rang a high yet also concerned girlish voice from beside her. She looked in that direction, although her head had now begun to throb. Momoko stood there frowning at her, her hands which had just helped Miyabi up mindlessly dusting at her skirt. Four more girls came running from the side of the street Miyabi had been headed for, and Yurina hugged her tightly.

“Miya you idiot! You can’t go and get yourself hit by a car all of a sudden…” the taller girl said from near her ear.

“Um, I hate to break this up…” Saki said looking around nervously, though contrary to her words she looked quite content to have this moment pass as soon as possible. “But we should probably get out of the middle of the street.” Chinami stood next to her with her face pale and eyes wide in horror as she looked from Miyabi to Momoko. Maasa just gazed coolly at the two hugging girls.

“Yeah…” Miyabi said in her first words since being saved by Princess Momo. “That’s probably a good idea.” Then, dragging a tall girl along with her, she stumbled over to the street side.

At this point there were now quite a few cars stopped behind the one belonging to the man with the daughter who knew about Berryz. Many of the passengers in those were peering out eagerly to see what the fuss was, although about as many also just stared stolidly forward as if nothing interesting at all had just happened. Miyabi only wondered if anyone else recognized them, although there didn’t seem to be many other young children in those cars.

Soon, a bicycle cop came riding up the side of the street toward them. He dismounted and walked over to the girls, who were still making a fuss over Miyabi. The man from the car was about halfway across the street toward them and looked unsure whether he wanted to inch slowly away or toward the apparently famous girl he almost killed. “Is there a problem here?” the officer said crisply.

Momoko looked over at him and shook her head quickly. “No no, no need to bother you, officer.” She batted her eyebrows at him. The girl actually batted her eyebrows! “My friend was just being stupid and her feet got a little carried away…”

The officer nodded, although he didn’t look entirely convinced. He looked over to the man, who froze in his creeping at the attention. “Well then, can you please return to your vehicle and be about your way? We can’t have traffic congested here.”

The man nodded vigorously. “Yes sir, officer sir. I’ll just go along here once I gather up my little daughter…” He looked around for his daughter since she had apparently escaped him somehow. The reason was that she had followed the Berryz to the curb and was standing nervously as if thinking about something. “Kiko!” the man called, walking toward her quickly. “Come on back to the car! It’s time to go…” He was obviously very eager to depart the scene without being accused of anything more than clogging traffic.

The girl’s eyes darted to her father as he moved toward her, and this apparently unstuck her legs since she made a run for the six girls standing further along the curb. “E-excuse me!” she said hastily. “Can… Can I have your autographs? If I tell everybody my daddy almost hit Miyabi Natsuyaki they won’t believe me unless I have something to prove I saw you…”

Maasa furrowed her eyebrows and gave the girl a frown, and Saki started forward as if to block the girl from drawing unwanted attention to them, but Miyabi stuck out her hand and grabbed her Captain’s wrist. Saki stopped cold and looked at her wrist before looking up into Miyabi’s eyes. Miyabi thought she detected a slight flush in her features. So she couldn’t keep her vaunted coolness throughout everything, eh?

“It’s all right,” she said toward Saki and the others before looking at the little girl with a smile. “We’ll be happy to sign something for you.”

The girl’s face suddenly blossomed in excitement at Miyabi’s words, and it was in stark contrast to her father’s, whose drew down and paled, aghast. Little Kiko dug in her bag and drew out a little pink journal, which she opened to the blank inside cover. A short pink pen was attached to it. She handed it to Miyabi. “Thank you so much, Natsuyaki-san!” she beamed. “Eriko-chan will totally flip out when I show her this!”

She gazed on hungrily as Miyabi signed the three characters of her name, along with a little message beneath it. Then she handed it toward Momoko, who eagerly took it as well, beaming back at the girl. Each Berryz signed it, if not all with Momoko’s excitement, and they waved as the father hurriedly came up to collect his child and shepherd her into the car, the officer still looking on and appearing impatient.

As the car sped on its way followed by the traffic behind it clearing up, the officer returned to his bike and rode off again as well. The Berryz girls walked off, some of them still teasing Miyabi about her spaciness. Risako had apparently joined up at some point as well, though her eyes were carefully avoiding Miyabi’s. At least she looked a little ashamed; apparently she’d listened to Miyabi at least somewhat. Miyabi also thanked Momoko profusely for saving her. The trio of Yurina, Maasa and Chinami teased her that she had a new ‘hero’, and told Risako she’d better watch out since there was a new damsel in distress in town. Risako did not seem impressed. Neither was Miyabi. Most of the other talk was nothing more than good times in their last minutes together, however.

“So…” Yurina said after a while when things became a little quieter. “We all leave tonight to go home again, and we won’t be back together for two weeks…” The other girls became silent at this pronouncement. Such a break was hardly unusual for them of course, and at times they went even longer, but they never did like parting, something amplified by the wonderful weekend they’d shared together in Saitama.

“Kuma-chan, I’ll call you up tomorrow, all right?” said Maasa. Chinami nodded fervently that she’d do the same.

This whole topic was apparently brought up by the sight of their hotel and their managers out in front of it awaiting their return. After the troublesome trio’s agreement at their communication later in the week they arrived at the staff, who greeted each of them warmly and asked them to get their things together for leaving. Miyabi always liked their staff. There were some older men, but mostly they had very pleasant and fun female college interns who accompanied them while they traveled. Miyabi’s present one, a girl by the name of Asako who studied communications, she liked very much and got along with wonderfully. Now though she was a little distracted, and quickly headed through the doors toward her room with Saki and Momoko. The other four girls were still chatting in a group with the staff.

It was a silent procession that made its way into the elevator, until Momoko spoke as it lumbered upwards. “Don’t think I don’t know what’s going on,” she said in a voice different from what she’d used all day. It didn’t have any of the bubbly or squeaky quality of before.

The other two looked at her. “What are you talking about?” Miyabi asked at a loss.

“The two of you,” the girl said simply, her hands now folded at her waist. “Let’s see. First you, Miya.” She turned toward Miyabi, who pulled back slightly as if frightened at what she would have to say.

“You’ve always unintentionally flirted with Captain, and there wasn’t a day went by that I didn’t catch you looking at her butt when she was walking away.” Miyabi blushed, mortified, and at a glance at Saki realized the other girl was flushing as well. “But, you still had Rii-chan. She always distracted you from anyone else that might have caught your fancy. However, today I noticed you weren’t paying attention to her with anything like your usual zeal.”

Suddenly, she turned the other way to Saki, and the girl stepped back further even than Miyabi did to where she was against a wall and looked like a mouse in a trap. A cute mouse, Miyabi thought with a smile as her blush faded.

“As for you Captain, you’re harder to gauge. You don’t wear your heart on your sleeve like most other people do, most of all Miya here.” Miyabi turned a frown on the middle girl. She did not – “Of course, lately it’s all been ‘Jun this, Jun that’, but I’ve noticed that when Miya does her little flirty thing with you, you definitely don’t seem to mind. Of course you smile like that to everyone, but I see something in your eye when she’s doing it. She’s the only one that flirts with you, you know, and you obviously like it.”

Saki opened her mouth as if to say something, but the girl in the center just went on, now looking between both of them. Miyabi wished they would reach their floor very soon. She glanced at the panel. Five it said… Their rooms were on nine, so they were barely halfway there… “Of course, that all had been going on for ages, but like I said, Miya has barely even registered Rii-chan’s presence today. Instead, I see the two of you sharing looks that you think nobody else notices. Miya always has this silly grin when that happens, and your attentiveness, Captain, sure isn’t much less.” Miyabi looked over at Saki. Was that true? Was Saki really that interested when they looked at each other? What Momoko had said to the other girl seconds ago suddenly registered in her mind. Wait, she flirted with Saki a lot, and Captain liked it?

“Along with Maasa’s story about her morning with Miya, I know something’s going on between you two.” She beamed a toothy smile at both of them. “And I’ll find out more later. Each of you should expect a call from me in the next few days.” The elevator dinged and the doors slid open. “Ta~ta~!” the girl sang, and skipped out into the hallway leaving the two remaining staring openmouthed behind.

The doors began to shut, and Miyabi quickly stuck out a hand to stop them. Saki apparently did the same, and when the doors hit them and receded once more, their arms brushed up against each other. Stifling a blush, Miyabi stepped out into the hall. Momo had already disappeared somewhere into its depths. Saki followed after a second.

“Er…” Miyabi said, her ability to speak failing her at the moment.

Saki looked up at her with a smile, and for the first time Miyabi realized it was a special smile she’d never seen her give to anyone else. There was a twist to it this time too, as if she was about to laugh at some private joke. “Well,” Saki said smoothly. “I guess that’s that, huh? It seems I’ve forever lost my image of the Captain that cares for each of her troops equally yet never becomes too close.” Miyabi stared at her. Was the girl saying what she thought she was?

Suddenly, the shorter girl leaned toward her for a hug. It wasn’t as tight as the one Yurina gave her earlier, but it felt warmer… more special. Before she knew it, she’d wrapped her arms around the girl and was hugging her back the same way.

“Thank you…” Saki said in a voice just above a whisper near her ear. “For last night,” she continued, “and much more. And… Do be careful…” The other girl pulled away slightly and looked into Miyabi’s eyes. “I’ll call you tomorrow, okay? And if you don’t mind, I think I… can visit over the weekend…” At that, she pulled fully away and smiled her normal smile. “See you later, Miya-tan!”

“Bye…” Miyabi managed to respond, feeling breathless, and the girl turned and disappeared down the hall just as Momo had done.

Miyabi stared after her a minute before she noticed what she was doing and pulled herself together, starting down the hall herself. Saki might be over this weekend… Unconsciously she began to smile, and her feet bounced in a little skip as she made her way to her room.

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2007, 07:37:39 AM »
Hmmmmm so Momo knows much more than she's letting on before she contronted Miya and Captain in the lift. I never thought of a pairing between them but hey, it looks like a really interesting one. I wonder if Risako's gonna do anything to get Miya back. Or better yet, hook up with Momo XD

And YAY to Momo saving Miya and the day....kinda :lol:

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #65 on: August 04, 2007, 03:09:24 PM »
:lol: at Miya's fear of the clothes Momo wanted her to try out. I guess she really likes those witch/gloomy clothes XD

Poor Risako's getting less attention from Miya. :cry:

I didn't think that Momo will be the one saving Miya because I remember this Gatas pic where Miya got crushed between her and Maasa :lol:

Also,Detective Momo's been studying Miya and Captain's activities. She wants to get involved doesn't she? XD

How come I've got this feeling that Miya won't just be in a love triangle in this story. :)

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Loser87

« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2007, 07:25:27 AM »
You're gonna keep updating at this pace aren't you?
You bastard >_>..........Making me wait!

But...Since I love it, like every word of your damn story...

I'll do my best to be patient >_>...

.....But why do I get the feeling that Miyabi really has no feelings for Risako anymore besides her passive behaviour and so forth? >_>...

But the saki/miya thing is love too --cough--

what's better is major fookin' drama >_> -hint-

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2007, 06:09:03 PM »
Hey! Thanks for your responses you guys. :) Unfortunately, now that I'm back from vacation work is very busy at least the early part of this week (likely all week), and I'm not feeling the best either so I'm not as motivated at home... Plus, the last two nights I've mainly just been watching my new set of 14 sai no haha I got while in Japantown (I've discovered the awesomeness of a movie shop there). However, that has also inspired me a bit and given me ideas for my own writing. :) Don't worry though, there are no plans for a Berryz to get pregnant anytime soon! :P There aren't even any guys in the story at the moment... It's such a sweet and fun show... Anyway. Onto the important stuff: Reponding to your comments! :D

@lil_hamz: Hey there! Nice to see you here again! :) Yes, Momo is surprisingly insightful. Well, surprisingly to Miyabi at least (she is a rather unreliable narrator, after all. Ah the naiveté of youth... well, her youth :P no offense to young readers out there!). The MiyaSaki pairing does seem a little odd to me too, but I love em both so I figured, why not? :) Plus, I'm liking how the relationships are developing, and it's really growing on me! Of course, you can't always assume things won't change... As for Momo or Risako, more will happen involving them soon. :)

@wordy: Nice to see you too! :) You know I love your stories, so I'm glad you like mine! You actually mention something in your comments that I've only hinted at yet but will become very visible (and also integral to the plot) before long. I'll just say I may soon be taking some soap opera "liberties" with reality. ;) Then again, what's to say other things or points of view can't be real? Also, I'm not really sure what you mean by "Miya won't just be in a love triangle", so I guess you'll see where that goes. :P You think it'll be a love quadrilateral or something? XD

@Loser & lolli but everyone else should read too: Gaman shite kudasai ne? ^^ I don't know whether Miyabi has feelings for Risako anymore. She sure did like her in the past though, didn't she? I'm not sure what the cough is after the MiyaSaki reference. :P Oh, that's right, Risako's the only one for her. ^_^ There are some reasons Miya likes Saki though. You know some now and can guess at others which will be more pronounced soon (One very soon. Saki may be visiting her house next weekend, after all). :) And, I do realize the last few chapters have been a lot of fluff and stuff without much serious drama going on. While my story won't have drama all the time, well dramatic events at least, give me a couple more chapters or so of fluffy-looking material and then you will see some hopefully major drama!  :glasses:

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Berry Beautiful [Chapter 15: Ode to Keitai]
« Reply #68 on: August 09, 2007, 02:17:09 AM »
And as usual after a post of responses to responses... Another chapter! :D My loyal readers will notice Miyabi in this chapter may seem a bit different from the one you've gotten to know so far. As Miyabi even ponders to herself, her lives look like they're quite different between her home life and her Berryz life. Care to take a wager of whether that'll stay the case? ;) I hope it makes her a more complex and interesting character though. Characters are the life of my writing, after all. Anybody who's not been reading so far might find this one good to start in on as well, since there's a bit of recall of what's already happened.

I also felt able to throw in a few little Japanese cultural references to this chapter as well. Nothing too deep or philosophical I think, but...
Cheesecake is popular here isn't it?
Then some cheesecake to anyone who might catch and understand them all. ;) Well I've blabbered on too much here. I really like this chapter. I hope you do too. :)

Chapter 15

Miyabi walked down the street in her school uniform swinging her oversized purse that she used as a schoolbag. It was barely big enough to carry a book, let alone all she needed for her classes, so she stowed everything else in her desk. It barely closed most of the time, but she didn’t care. She wouldn’t part with her little black bag for anything.

The other Berryz regularly teased her about going to Joshi Gakushuin, and Maasa loved also teasing her sometimes that she would turn out to be a princess. She was surprised the girl didn’t bring it up when Momoko saved her from the car of the man with the cute daughter, and that made her think Maasa might actually have been genuinely scared and happy she was all right. Whenever Miyabi appeared the damsel-in-distress was usually prime time for the princess talk. Pshht, Miyabi thought as she meandered down the steps to the station in Shinjuku that would take her back home. There were plenty of girls there who much more than her wanted to marry any princes, although so sadly most of them are always disappointed since there are no princes of age to be at school at the moment. She grinned to herself thinking that some of the girls might have to settle for “lower members of the aristocracy”.

Again, Miyabi herself could care less. When her parents told her they were sending her to Gakushuin when she completed elementary school she had just stared at them. “You’re famous now!” they’d said. “Places like Gakushuin love to admit students who are maybe not the highest class but still well-connected because it promotes their diversity.” Miyabi plopped down in the seat of a train that was filling up quickly. Well connected, hah. Just because she knew many of the most famous adult celebrities and rumors had flown that one of her friends may have even dated one of the younger ones… She looked around and noticed, as always, people glancing at the junior high school girl taking up one of the precious seats as the number standing grew to overcome the number seated. When they caught sight of her uniform though, they quickly lowered their eyes and gave her a wide berth. Pulling out a cardboard-bound volume that was not a schoolbook from her bag, she opened it smiling. Well, there were some advantages to going to the school she did. Aside from the space, it helped greatly for staying anonymous without further masquerade since hardly anyone felt willing to look her in the face. The doors slid shut and the train started up, and she began her near-hour ride home.

When she arrived, she called out to her mother to let her know she was home before heading straight to her room to continue reading. Her mother yelled something about supper, but she didn’t bother with it. She’d know well enough when it was ready when her mother banged on her door or yelled even louder.

It was the start of a new school year, Miyabi’s last of junior high, but instead of studying for her classes and high school exams she normally did a sort of more independent research. Flipping to a page that had a big picture of the planet Mars on it, with various odd-looking markings scrawled on it at various points, she lay back on her bed to relax. Students at Gakushuin Junior High had better chances than most at doing very well on the exams, and she always achieved better than decent marks, but she usually thought her life would take a different direction than that of academic achievement. She wasn’t even sure of continuing onto high school, much to the chagrin of her teachers. She supposed she would though. After all, Saki and Momoko went on… The thought of Saki distracted her from Mars, and she laid her book down in her lap. She wasn’t sure she believed everything the book had said about Mercury and Venus, and although Mars seemed much more interesting at a glance, she wasn’t exactly thrilled to continue on, especially when other such pleasant thoughts entered her head.

She rolled said head to the side to look at her phone sitting silently on her bedside table, with its tassel hanging just over the side. She said she’d call today… Of course, Miyabi didn’t know the first thing about what she’d say if the girl did call, but still she found herself waiting anxiously for it.

She’d never had a boyfriend before joining the Hello! Project Kids and eventually Berryz, at first partly because she was too young, but she just didn’t develop the desire early like some of her friends in elementary school did. Then, especially when Berryz was formed, she became very good friends with Risako, and after about a year the two of them began hanging out together outside of work from time to time. It wasn’t too long after that they became closer and closer, with lots of hugging and eventually cuddling, and after a time they began sharing beds, which ended up being the closest they would become since not long after it began they each became busy and were able to see each other only rarely. That was, of course, until the other night.

Miyabi wasn’t sure exactly how it happened. She liked boys well enough, although she didn’t see many outside of rather formal occasions where she couldn’t really get to know one, but there was something about Risako that drew her to want more than friendship, even if it was nothing more than that she was the only one Miyabi ever really spent much quality time with. She hadn’t thought of a girl other than Risako like that, but she supposed her experiences with Risako broke down some sort of barrier that opened up the possibility of… others. Still though, she could have never imagined the one she’d fall for would be her Captain.

She looked at her phone again and sighed. As hard as it was to believe, after what Momoko made clear the day before and she’d thought about things, it was obvious that she’d developed feelings for the girl beyond just friendship. For some reason though, it felt different than it did with Risako. Maybe it was different for every person you came to like. She wouldn’t really know, she supposed. She’d only felt that way about two people. With Risako she felt very comfortable, perhaps because they were such good friends for so long before becoming more. Risako also felt very fragile to her, as if she had to tread carefully or something might crack, perhaps because she was so much younger than herself. A vision from a few nights ago flashed through her mind of curls held very still, and when she tried to touch them they seemed only to get farther away. She suppressed that vision vigorously. It was crazy to begin with, she tried to convince herself. The girl was too young. If they weren’t put basically on equal footing in their work she would hardly have considered even being friends with the girl. The girls she knew at school sure would have quite a laugh about it if they knew. Well, if it wasn’t Risako Sugaya that is.

With Saki there was also the sense of comfort, but it was different. Instead of being comfortable in any situation, it was as if she felt secure, protected. The thought of running around Captain in her underwear just being silly was still mortifying to her, yet she and Risako did that kind of thing all the time when they shared rooms. Still, the awkwardness was… nice. Saki’s frame was so small when she held it that night, but the girl still radiated strength that Miyabi felt she could feed on. She had a deep respect for the girl, and awe of what seemed some kind of mystery she couldn’t yet uncover. Miyabi herself was the younger and simpler one between them. In fact, the gap wasn’t all that different than between her and Risako… She widened her eyes. That was true! Aside from leading them the last three years, she also was that much older! Anxiety gnawed harder in the pit of her stomach. Momoko didn’t know what she was talking about! There was no possible way the girl could feel the same way she did about her…

“Mu-na-sa-wa-gi Scaalet-to! Koi no niji ga hi-ka-ru! YES – MY - LOVE!” sang her cell, and her book went flying as she bolted up, her heart beating wildly. She stared at her flashing phone a second before scolding herself for being silly and picking it up.

“Hai, moshi moshi,” she said in a voice she tried to keep from being breathless. Before she held it to her ear, she’d seen the katakana for ‘Captain’ on the little screen.

“Miya-chan! How are you?” came the thin voice from the other end.

“I’m okay. Just got back from school a little while ago and I was lying in bed reading…”

“Reading? I’d really like to know what it is you read all those nights at home sometime, Miya-chan…”

“Mhmm…” Miyabi responded sarcastically. “Someday you’ll find out, I’m sure,” she finished mysteriously.

The effect seemed to be lost on the other girl though. “Oh?” She paused a moment, but Miyabi didn’t say anything. “So, how was the start of your term?”

“Oh you know, last year of junior high, everybody is stressing out already about exams and stuff…”

“It doesn’t seem like you are though.” Miyabi’s lips turned down in a frown as she could almost hear the smirk appear on the other girl’s mouth.

“Yeah, well, I’m not too worried about them. Exams of any kind have never really bothered me…” She lay back down against her pillow as she spoke.

There was a short pause before the other girl spoke again, though Miyabi heard a sort of chuckle first. “Miyabi Natsuyaki, resident Berryz genius!”

“Am not…” Miyabi said with a hint of a whine. She really wasn’t. She didn’t realize it, but she was talking very comfortably with the girl on the other end. She never really had just talked like this on the phone with Captain before. Or anyone really…

She began picking at the tie at her chest. “I miss you guys already.”

“There’s no need to feel that way! We Berryz are always together!”

“Hah hah,” she responded with definite sarcasm.

“Well, if that’s not good enough for you, then I’ll just have to bring a little of Berryz to you.” Miyabi’s hand froze on her tie. This might be what she was waiting for.

“I have all our CDs, thanks,” she said as if preemptively dismissing the favor.

“Well, as you know, I just live a train ride or two away in Tokyo. High school is already busier than the last year of junior high was – some of us actually have to study for our futures you know, Miya.” Miyabi closed her mouth tightly from what she was going to say. “So I can’t get away during the week. But I thought… if you weren’t doing anything special… I mean, if it wouldn’t be too much of a bother, maybe I could come over on Saturday or Sunday…”

“I have school on Saturday morning,” Miyabi blurted out, and during the silence on the other end of the line she felt she could kick herself. “I mean…” She wasn’t sure what she really did mean. “Well, obviously I do have school then.” Well, that surely wasn’t it.

“Of course you would,” Saki said quietly. This was not going at all the way Miyabi hoped. She didn’t know what kind of school Saki went to… it could even be a public school…! And here she was basically bragging about her own. She knew anything too serious was a little touchy for a few of the other Berryz. She wasn’t sure if that included Saki though…

“I mean… um…” she stuttered, “I’ll be away then, but then I have the rest of that day and all day Sunday. Actually, I’d really like having you over Saturday afternoon, because it’d be a great way to wind down after the week of school. You and I could…” As she trailed off, she lifted her phone and stared at it before forcing herself not to slam it repeatedly against her forehead. From one extreme to the other! She was hopeless. Suddenly she realized she wouldn’t be able to understand anything if Saki started talking, so she hurriedly brought the phone down to her ear, twisting it when she realized it was upside-down, and fearfully listened closely.

There was silence for a moment, before, “That sounds wonderful.”

Miyabi loudly let out a breath she didn’t know she was holding. “Ahh, that… that’s great then!”

“You’re a strange girl, you know that Miya-chan?” Her breath caught again.

“Um, abracadabra?”

The girl laughed on the other end. “I think I should let you get back to your book. Enjoy your… research… and I’ll get back to my studying that will now possibly keep me up all night.”

“Oh, I’m sorry!” Miyabi gasped, sitting up again and acting as if to bow before she realized how ridiculous that was.

More laughter came in response. “No no, don’t worry. Fail with five, you know?” Miyabi actually didn’t know. “Anyway, I like doing it. I probably wouldn’t be here otherwise, ne?”

Miyabi stared at the ceiling. “You’re the genius.”

Saki laughed again. Miyabi didn’t really know how she was doing it, but she was glad to be making the other girl laugh so much. “Will you really have time to come visit me?”

“Of course Miya-chan, why would I have suggested it if I didn’t?”

“I just wondered.”

“Well, ganbatte these next couple weeks.”

“I will.”

“Oh, and by the way, Momo called me earlier. We had quite an… interesting discussion. She’s really quite a friend, isn’t she? Although, by the silence at the other end of the line when I told her I wanted to visit you this weekend I thought she might have died. No worries though! I think she’s planning to call you tomorrow, though I told her not to try too early. Ganbatte ne! Ja ne!” And there was a click from that end of the line.

Miyabi thought she maybe should have said some sort of farewell as well, but her mouth was hanging open as she stared at the foot of her bed, the now-still phone still held to her ear. Momo… And Saki told her she would be coming over this weekend… and she was going to call tomorrow…

Her Captain would be coming over this weekend…

“Oh my god! I need to clean!” She looked around her room. Clothes hung from drawers pulled wide open and a wardrobe at one end. Books lay strewn across the floor. Charms hung everywhere they were able. There was a circle of candles on what could almost pass as a makeshift shrine in one corner. This wouldn’t do at all!

“Miyabi!” her mother called from downstairs. “Supper!” She flipped her phone shut. Later… She would get to it later…

Food resting comfortably in her stomach, Miyabi lounged in the twilight reading the last few pages of her book on the astral sphere. She still wasn’t sure she believed everything it said, but couldn’t deny it was somewhat interesting. She’d always had an interest in the stars and sky, and though she believed in fate more than the motion of balls of gas burning billions of miles away – her mind as it was she couldn’t think of them as anything more – she still liked to think there was some way to read what was in store. Because really, you never knew. Today you might be lying in bed in your seifuku reading a book, and tomorrow you might be dead. That was something she tried not to dwell too much on though except to do her best to avoid it. Who could say it was really the end, after all?

Even though two days had passed since her talk with Saki, clothes, books and miscellaneous trinkets still hung and laid everywhere around her room. She never really felt like doing anything productive after supper, and she returned from school so late there wasn’t time to really do anything before it either. Except for a phone call or two of course. Her mother didn’t really bother her since she thought she was studying hard as any good Gakushuin girl should be, and she really did study sometimes, so she enjoyed her quiet thoughts and contemplations.

It was definitely exhilarating being around Berryz when they were together for practices or concerts, but there were times she still longed for the solitude of a nice book and cup of tea on her bed table. None of the Berryz knew what kind of life she led here, and that it was almost opposite what she led with them, just as she knew nothing of what Risako did at her hometown. The girl really must be terribly popular. She probably has boys eating out of her hands… Noticing she was distracted again, she flipped the last few pages of her book and sighed before laying it in her lap. Some force was preventing her from finishing this book, she was sure of it. That was another reason she was determined to read it all even though she didn’t care all that much for the material. Jupiter and Saturn were no more interesting than Mercury and Venus, although far more so than Uranus or Neptune. Poor Pluto… Well, she would persevere. That was what was important. Just as she closed her eyes and for some reason saw Risako’s face there, her phone sang out the tune to Gag 100kaibun Aishite Kudasai.

Groaning, after a second she reached over and picked it up as if she were handling a poisonous snake, which made her think again that she should get some kind of poisonous snake as a pet so she’d stop having those nightmares, and opening it, brought the phone to her ear.

“Miyabi-chan!” squeaked a voice on the other side before Miyabi could open her mouth. “How are you?”

“Hi Momo,” Miyabi responded wearily.

“You sound tired! Have you been getting enough sleep?”

“What?”

“You know, if you have that much studying to do you should really think about transferring to a different school. One like I’m in for example! That’s why I never went to a place like Gakushu-“

“I’m getting plenty of sleep,” Miyabi retorted in frustration. “…mother…”

“I’m sorry. Do you really like going there so much?”

Miyabi’s frustration died with the words she had planned to use next. That was a sudden change in tone. “Yeah, I suppose I do,” she answered. “It’s really all right. I would have thought you’d love to go to a place like this too. You could even become a princess.”

“Of course. Too bad all the princes are already taken…” Miyabi could almost sense the glint in the girl’s eye when she revealed her motivation.

“Man, I don’t know if I can take this. I’m surrounded by geniuses…”

Momoko giggled. “Nonsense. You’re the one going there after all! Plus, we all know what you do in your spare time over there, and to even understand it you have to be leagues smarter than… Toku-san, for instance.”

Miyabi couldn’t help herself but break down in a giggle as well. “Hey! No putting down other Berryz who aren’t here to defend themselves!”

“Oh you know her. She’d be the first to admit it!”

“I wish Maa-chan was like that sometimes. Rooming with her last week was almost a nightmare. The girl has way too much intuition…”

“Oh? Don’t tell me someone else noticed the sparks flying between you and our beloved Captain?”

Miyabi froze and became dead silent. Of course. This was why the girl was calling after all, because she had to nose her way as far into their relationship as she could. …Sparks?

“Oh come on,” came the voice from the city. Why did it seem every single person she talked to this week lived in Tokyo? “Don’t tell me you haven’t accepted what’s going on between you two yet.”

“I… don’t understand what you mean,” Miyabi said slowly.

“You were like that when I talked to you over the weekend, and you’re being that way again now, although from what I hear at least you’re not too much like that when you’re alone with her.” What she heard? What exactly did Saki tell her the other day?

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Miyabi insisted stubbornly.

“Do you like Captain?”

Miyabi became flustered at the sudden question. “Er… well…” After giving this a lot of thought lately, she knew her answer, but was a little afraid to give it to this girl. “Yeah, I suppose.” There was a small squeal of delight from Tokyo.

“And do you think she likes you?”

“Well I don’t know… I mean… She couldn’t, could she?”

This time there was a low exhalation of breath. “And why is that?”

“Well… she’s… I mean, she’s the Captain, right? She’s older than me… prettier… in much better shape… it’s just so weird anyway…! She doesn’t like to get too attached to her Berryz…” That was true, but something else the girl had told her at the same time rang through her memory loud and clear. “I’ve forever lost my image of the Captain that cares for each of her troops equally yet never becomes too close.” Then she realized she’d known the answer to this question ever since the night they spent in the hotel courtyard.

“Miyabi?” came the voice, though instead of being impatient, it just seemed to be gently pushing again for a truer answer.

“I… think she does…”

Another squeal of delight. “Wonderful! Well then, now you’ve come to grips what you already knew, I can tell you that yes, she does like you.” Miyabi’s ears seemed to throb suddenly. “It took nearly as much effort as it took to get it out of you – you always were the stubborn one – but apparently you did something for her that swept her off her feet, so to speak I’m sure, and now she’s broken her cardinal rule of never falling in love with a nakama. Stupid rule to begin with I’d always thought…”

If Miyabi had been paying any sort of attention to the girl’s tone of voice at the end she would have noticed an odd bitterness in it, but what the girl had said earlier on made the throbbing in her ears expand to encompass the whole of her sizable head. “Excuse me…?” she said in a whisper likely barely loud enough to carry across the digital airwaves.

“Yes?”

“…Nothing.” A smile had now begun to bloom across her face as she stared out her window at the colors of last rays of the setting sun.

“Well, it seems my job is done here. Do have fun this weekend, won’t you?”

“Yes, I’m sure we will.” She paused a second, but then burst out in case the other girl was about to hang up, “Momoko?”

“Yes?”

“Thank you.”

There was silence from the faceless girl on the other end, but she hoped there was a smile on her face that at least almost matched her own.

“Of course! See you later, Miyabi!”

“Bye bye.”

Miyabi flipped her phone closed and fell back against her pillow once again. As she lay there, her fingers mindlessly played with the phone’s tassel. Whatever she was thinking before one of her least favorite songs rang out to her was replaced only with thoughts of the coming weekend. She turned her head to look at the book that had fallen open, the last few pages waving up in the spring breeze wafting in through her window. She really might never finish that book. It was late tonight and she still had a bit of studying to do before a date with a bed that was beginning to seem all too tempting, but she still had two more evenings. She glanced up and around at her still-cluttered and unpresentable room. She had work to do.

Loser87

« Reply #69 on: August 09, 2007, 05:22:52 AM »
An Update!!!!

You really should do another one, yea like right now!

Anyway the conversation between Momomiya was cute and insightful I suppose?
But the conversation between captain and miya was just delightful >w<

the references seems like I need to do some research to understand them so like, that means you're making me study? WTH!?
You best be updating soon or else I'll stab you with a spork!
Yea that's right a spork dammit!

My face while reading this chapter :  :farofflook: :hee: :hehehe: :luvluv2: :whistle: :nya: :stunned: :mon sigh: :mon cweepy: :mon zoom: ....basically Yay new chapter!!! to Update or you die!!

Then cute :mon baby: smily XDXDXDXD

And of course cheesecake is popular how can it not be!? CHEESECAKE RULES ALL!

UPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATE
UPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATE

Please~

« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 02:53:43 AM by Loser87 »

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
« Reply #70 on: August 09, 2007, 09:41:30 AM »
Momoko sounding bitter? Hmmmm I'll take that it has to do with her own feelings for another BK member. And since you mentioned more of Risako and Momo coming up, I'm inclined to think that the 2 will find solace with each other since the object of their affections have now hooked up XD

This chapter provided a nice insight into Miyabi's world. Miyabi the Genius. It does have a ring to it :P

Offline chibilolli

• Uh Wha?
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Gaki Gay Lord
« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2007, 01:49:01 PM »
Thanks to your great writing I now have a chocolate mark on my bedroom floor. I was reading this chapter whilst eating my breakfast I didn't realise that I had dunked my buscuit in my tea for ages and just after I took it out ~ splat! You owe me a new chapter for that.
:bingo:

The last two chapters are really, really, really good (is that enough really's?). Now...I :heart: Miyabi and Risako pairing's so when you started suggesting Miyabi and Saki I was like WTF Noooooo. But now I'm warming up to the idea, so much so that I was really upset that you ended this last chapter before Saki goes around to Miyabi's house. ARGH
:depressed:

I don't have much to say today as I am a person of very few words!!! But what I definatly have to say is...

UPDATE NOW!!! DAMN NAMMIT!!!

Oh and Cheesecake is ok as long as it's not of the fruity variety. Chocolate = GOOD, Fruit = BAD. Chocolate owns all other cheesecakes. So there  :hee:

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #72 on: August 10, 2007, 02:05:54 PM »
Yes, update soon, I'm anxious to know whats gonna happen when Saki comes over
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline Amarghetta

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • The likeness of a human
« Reply #73 on: August 11, 2007, 04:06:42 AM »
I also felt able to throw in a few little Japanese cultural references to this chapter as well. Nothing too deep or philosophical I think, but...
I don't think I'm educated enough to catch all those references, but here's my two cents.

The other Berryz regularly teased her about going to Joshi Gakushuin, and Maasa loved also teasing her sometimes that she would turn out to be a princess.
Members of the imperial family used to attend this school, right? Therefore, it means Miyabi was princess-like enough to be accepted, or she adopted some princess traits there. Either way, she's bound to get teased.  :lol:

With Saki there was also the sense of comfort, but it was different. Instead of being comfortable in any situation, it was as if she felt secure, protected. The thought of running around Captain in her underwear just being silly was still mortifying to her, yet she and Risako did that kind of thing all the time when they shared rooms. Still, the awkwardness was… nice. Saki’s frame was so small when she held it that night, but the girl still radiated strength that Miyabi felt she could feed on. She had a deep respect for the girl, and awe of what seemed some kind of mystery she couldn’t yet uncover. Miyabi herself was the younger and simpler one between them. In fact, the gap wasn’t all that different than between her and Risako… She widened her eyes. That was true! Aside from leading them the last three years, she also was that much older!
People can be childish around those they consider their equals, but not around their respected or admired ones because they don't want these people to think less of them. It's like a senpai-kouhai thing of sorts... 
:glasses:

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #74 on: August 11, 2007, 05:20:22 PM »
Waa~! Thank you everyone for your replies! :D I'm so happy to hear from you all. As to my little Japanese culture "challenge", I realized there's no way anyone could get them all without basically going word by word, so I'm just going to give everyone cheesecake as a 'thank you' for reading and enjoying my story. ^_^ Plus, I think you need more marks on your floor, Lolli. ;) And sorry Loser, I suppose you study quite enough as it is, don't you? :lol: Although to me, this is fun studying!

Amarghetta did quite well - the Gakushuin thing was perhaps the most significant sort of subtle thing in this chapter (I guess I thought most people might know it already), and I didn't even think of the senpai-kouhai issue as part of what I was asking for. It really is though, so I suppose my studying is making me begin to take some things for granted. :lol:

Some other little tidbits about both this and what else is going on in the story, though first one last note about Gakushuin: Since Joshi Gakushuin (or Gakushuin Girls' School - the campuses are separate for girls and boys) is in Shinjuku and Miyabi lives in Saitama, that is the reason for her long train ride. Many students commute into Tokyo for school, especially for special ones like this you can't really find anywhere else...

- There's a lot more about Japanese school culture here and there, and in fact, reading through it again I find that most of the references I mentioned deal with school in some way. I tried to research to get the most accurate info as I could (I have an interest in this outside of this story so don't go thinking I did all that just for this :P), and I hope everything is at least close to being correct. The Japanese school year begins in April, which for the Berryz was the week after their SSA concert. During the concert they talk about the coming school year a good bit... Also, school is compulsury in Japan only through Junior High. Most students do go to high school, but since Miyabi thinks she might already have a career that's why she wonders if she really needs to. Many private schools also have school on Saturday, though many as well as public schools do not. That's why Miyabi was so concerned when she talked about it.

- I've mentioned Miyabi lives in Saitama. Momoko and Saki live in Tokyo (I know I said this in the story, but thought I'd state it plainly :lol:). Saitama is the prefecture just north of Tokyo, so they're not far apart and thus, an easy train ride or two away.

- Miyabi's father works very hard as many Japanese fathers do to support his family. That's why you rarely if ever see him around. He puts in long long hours at the office... Also, Miyabi has a brother who is off at university - Tomo.

- Most Japanese have shrines in their houses to honor family members that have died. That's what the one spot in Miyabi's room was designed to look like, although her shrine serves a slightly different purpose...

- Nakama is a word I find hard to translate into English, so that's why I used it instead. XD It basically means a type of "work friend" or "colleague", though the connotation seems a little bit different. It's what the H!P girls generally use to refer to each other, and some of them are really good friends, so it means a closer relationship than just "colleague" in the Western sense, but it's not quite a normal personal "friend" either. In Japan work relationships are very important in general, and Japanese work harder to maintain them than most Westerners, who prefer to keep a degree of separation between their work and personal lives, do. In Japan in most cases, work is your life. You identify yourself with it, and do your best to dedicate yourself to it 100%, something most Westerners are reluctant to do. Because of this, I believe the nakama relationship is a special one not well defined by Western ways of thinking of things.

- The Disney reference! "balls of gas burning billions of miles away" - Poomba, from The Lion King, when they were talking about what they thought about stars... I think I should point out though that Miyabi does not normally have gas on the mind all the time like Poomba. XD

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Berry Beautiful [Chapter 16: What is Romantic?]
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2007, 05:38:51 PM »
After the last post you knew another chapter was coming, didn't you? Didn't you??? :D I think most of you know what's coming up in here, so I won't bore you with my usual details (I think I gave enough just above anyway, ne? :lol:). So I'll just say: Please enjoy!

Chapter 16

After sliding a book into a shelf near her bed Miyabi stepped back to admire the fruit of her labors. Chests stood with all their drawers closed neatly, nothing hanging on a knob or even draped over the tops. Her shrine stood properly respectfully clean and unremarkable except for a few candles sprinkling the velvet covering. If they weren’t the type of candles one would normally find on a shrine, it wouldn’t matter. Surely Saki wouldn’t notice a thing so trifling as that. The carpeted floor was clean and even vacuumed. Funny, she must have forgotten it was precisely that shade of red. She stared at it a second and smiled wistfully. It almost contributed a romantic vibe to the area. She could even light some of the candles to heighten that sense. None of them gave off the horrible scents people normally bought candles for, so that wouldn’t hurt things. The purpose they served didn’t require them to produce any odor.

Bookshelves were almost bursting at the edges, but everything seemed to fit sensibly into them. She even had pulled out some of her old stuffed animals to set here and there. It was the spitting image of what the room of a young teenage girl should look like. Smiling, she glanced around it and found herself counting the bookshelves. One… Two… Three… Four… Five… She stopped and stared at the fifth. Oh no! She had too many books! She looked at them all again. They weren’t the largest sets of shelves, but each row was filled from end to end. She looked anxiously at one she’d tried to hide away in the shadows in a corner. No, she couldn’t tell anything about what the books there were. Well that was great. Captain would now just think she was a geek who read way too much. Her sense of romance while standing in the room suddenly lessened considerably.

“Miyabi!” her mother called from downstairs. “Your friend is here!”

Miyabi tensed. This was it. She’d had friends over from time to time of course, though it had been awhile since the last, but never had she had someone quite like… her. Suddenly she looked down and gasped. In all her hurry in getting her room straight she’d forgotten to change out of her seifuku! Not that that was the most horrible thing of course – when she went out in public she generally had to wear it anyway – but the topic of her school was one she definitely wasn’t crazy about having come up much today. She made a mental note to be sure to ask Saki about her own. Surely the girl didn’t go to a public school…

Realizing she’d just stood there since her mom called her she dashed out of the room, but when she got into the hall she stopped cold after only a few steps. Saki had just reached the top of the stairs and was headed tentatively in her direction. Seeing Miyabi emerge from the doorway, she stopped herself and appeared to relax, smiling.

Miyabi just stared at her for a few seconds. Saki wore her hair flat and straight as usual, and had on a short denim skirt with the seam on the front of her right leg and a thin braided belt around her slim waist. Above it she only wore a dark t-shirt, but on the top in gold lettering it pronounced BERRYZ KOUBOU with the traditional Roman lettering Berryz and the two characters for workshop. Distracted, Miyabi thought once again how odd a name it was. Sure she supposed it made sense in the beginning, but now if anyone really thought about it they’d probably be confused. Well, it was who they were now. Below the name were little sakura trees with blossoms falling from them surrounding more lettering saying Saitama Super Arena 2007.

“Did you have a long morning?” Saki asked earnestly. Miyabi thought she didn’t look as calm and in control as usual.

“No, not really…” Miyabi responded, still staring at the girl before her. “Although, since I miss so many Saturdays I had a lot to do. I’m afraid I have more for here the rest of the weekend too…”

“Me too,” Saki said, and smiling, she twisted to show the small book bag she carried on her back.

“You brought it with you?” Miyabi asked, and her heart gave a leap. She didn’t know how long the girl was planning to stay, though the whole weekend was approved by her parents, but if she brought books and stuff along…

Saki nodded, still smiling. I think it’s always best to be prepared, ne? You never know what might happen.” Miyabi’s stomach did a funny flutter. Saki looked into her eyes a moment before following them down to her own shirt. She took the bottom in her fingers and pulled it out so Miyabi could see it clearly before smiling back up into her face. “I told you I’d bring Berryz to you!”

Miyabi didn’t know why but she blushed slightly at that, and then heard her mother calling again from apparently just at the bottom of the stairs. She walked over and looked down to see her smiling up at the two of them. “If you girls need anything make sure to let me know. Otherwise, I’ll have dinner ready at around five. It’s too bad you don’t have the whole afternoon…” Miyabi was disappointed at that too. It was already long past two since her commute from school took so long. It would be all too short a time with Saki, and then they’d have dinner and she’d likely be gone again. Well, she always had her books… and things. “Will you be going out?”

Miyabi looked at Saki, who returned a questioning gaze. “I don’t know,” she called down. “Probably. You know I can’t stay in my room for long.” She gave Saki a sideways look as she spoke the lie, but only saw the girl bow slightly to her mother.

“Thank you, Mrs. Natsuyaki. I’m sorry for bothering your family today.”

“Oh it’s no bother dear,” her mother said cheerfully. Having an idea what was to come, Miyabi grabbed Saki’s wrist with both hands to try and pull her away before her mother continued, but failed. “I don’t know when the last time was Miyabi had a friend over, so we’re happy to have you!” Miyabi closed her eyes wishing it was over.

“Mother, we’re going to my room now, okay? We’ll let you know if we need anything.”

“Of course, of course,” came the response, but Miyabi just heard it fading away as she dragged Saki down the hall. Pulling her into her room, she nudged the door shut with her shoulder and was about to say something before she noticed Saki standing with her arm out in front of her, limp as Miyabi held onto her wrist. Looking down at her hands in shock she suddenly let go, and the girl’s arm dropped to her side.

She stepped away slightly and kept her eyes lowered. “Sorry…”

“Don’t worry about it,” Saki said smiling as if the concern never came to her mind, and she turned to look around Miyabi’s room.

Miyabi fidgeted anxiously while the girl looked, and glanced around again herself. Everything was all put away, right? She didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary. “You have a lot of stuff,” Saki said as if impressed, and Miyabi’s spirits lifted slightly.

They fell right back down again though as Saki walked over toward the bookshelf in the shadowy corner, and she spoke up quickly, “So! What would you like to do? There’s not much on TV on a Saturday, but we could play a game or watch a movie or something. I have a Wii.” She wanted to gesture to it, but unfortunately it was in the den in the basement. That was the closest TV she’d be able to use too. She didn’t like keeping electronics in her room since it spoiled the energy flow of the space. “There’s not much time I know, but… Well, we could always go shopping or to an arcade.”

After pausing to look at her, Saki altered her direction and walked briskly over to her bed and began sliding her backpack off. Miyabi glanced at the corner and tried to keep from sighing in relief. Before she let the bag come fully off though, she turned to Miyabi to make sure it was all right for her to lay it there. Miyabi nodded vigorously and she dropped it down. “Well,” she said, turning back around. “I’ve wanted to do some shopping all week but haven’t gotten the chance…”

“Shopping it is then!” Miyabi said with a giggle, and Saki joined her to exit the room again and begin to head downstairs. “Mother! We’re going out!” she yelled as they took the last steps at a leap and walked quickly and excitedly to the front door.

Miyabi and her family lived in a residential area, but it wasn’t too far from a Saitama commercial district, so the two girls walked down the streets, laughing and talking as they went. Miyabi was doubly glad she hadn’t changed out of her seifuku. Aside from needing it on while out, many people still recognized where it was from since there were a few students with one like it in the somewhat affluent neighborhood she lived in, and gave them a wide berth. Anything that left her able to be more alone with Saki was all right in her book!

Since Saki said she was hungry from the train ride and Miyabi was still hungry from her earlier one as well as the work she’d done when back to her house, they stopped by a crepe shop. Miyabi got her traditional strawberry, chocolate and whipped cream one and to her surprise Saki ordered the same. They sat on a bench along the street while eating and watched the people strolling along. Everybody seemed to be enjoying themselves on a leisurely spring weekend day, and she felt like it helped her relax too. After she took the last bite and tossed away the wrapping, she leaned back casually supported by her hands behind her and asked what kind of places Saki wanted to shop at. It was now well past three, so they didn’t have a whole lot of time left. Saki told her she actually wouldn’t mind going into a bookstore, and although Miyabi thought this was a little strange, she never turned down a trip to the bookstore and led the girl to a quaint but decent-sized shop she liked to visit on her own.

Once inside, Saki explained that she was doing a report on modern South American history, and had been on the lookout for anything she thought might help her out. However, the girls became engrossed in checking out the new issue of the manga Prince of Badminton and soon were giggling over a particularly embarrassing scene where Ryo is defeated by an American girl who uses a racket shaped like a poodle.

Eventually they managed to pull themselves away from the manga section and Miyabi followed Saki over to South American history. There were only a couple shelves dedicated to the subject, and general history was not Miyabi’s favorite to begin with, but she was too torn by wanting to stay near the girl she felt closer to all the time to go where she really wanted to look. After Saki pulled a particularly dry-looking volume titled The Modern Peruvian Dictatorship though, she told Miyabi herself to go look for something she was interested in. “I want you to have fun too here apart from me!” Miyabi was quite willing to stay right there, but grudgingly accepted the offer when Saki sat on a low stool to read the introduction and pointedly ignored her. “Fine! I know when I’m not wanted…” she whined melodramatically, and she could catch a glimmer of a smirk and rolled eyes from the seated girl.

She wandered over as if not headed in any particular direction, but before she had gone far the store clerk came up to her. He was a slightly overweight and balding man who seemed nervous much of the time and had a habit of rubbing his hands together as he spoke. “Ah! Natsuyaki-san! That volume you ordered has just arrived…”

Miyabi, with a glance back at Saki who a few meters away seemed not to be paying attention, took the man’s arm and led him further away. “I’m sorry, but not right now! I’m, er, not going back home after this and don’t have any way to carry it around with me. I promise I’ll come in tomorrow to pick it up though!”

The man looked positively astonished. “But it’s what you’ve been waiting for! You asked about it for months before I could get it on my order list, and you’ve been asking nearly every day this week if it was in yet! Although, it’s beyond me what a fine young girl like yourself wants with something like Mors Mortis –“

“Shh!” She cast another nervous glance back at Saki, who was now turning the page. “Please. I’ll pick it up tomorrow, okay? Here,” she began digging in her purse. “I’ll even pay for it now if you’d like.”

“No, no, Natsuyaki-san!” exclaimed the man, appearing scandalized. “No need for that. I’ll hold it for you tomorrow. I just thought you’d want to take a look at it…”

“Thank you, Mr. Kanagawa,” she said with a quick smile. “I’m honored by how willing you are to help me.”

“Of course, Natsuyaki-san,” he said with a bow. “Anything for one of my favorite customers. You give me a challenge every time, you do.”

Miyabi smiled, glancing back longingly at the section she had intended to browse, but did her best to convince herself anything that might be new there could wait. She headed back toward Saki, who was just standing up. “Did you find something? That’s great,” she said before allowing the girl a word. “Let’s go to um… a clothing shop or something. I know this great one down the corner…”

Saki didn’t seem to mind being rushed out of the bookstore at all. In fact, the amused grin she had on her face the whole time irked Miyabi for some reason. They did indeed go to the clothing store Miyabi suggested, and after trying on several outfits realized it was time to be heading back to the house for dinner. Watching the people as they walked along beneath the lowering sun seemed to relax her a bit again, and she walked with a little spring to her step the closer they got. They talked of last weekend and how their weeks were at school. Miyabi was grateful that when she mentioned her own school the other girl didn’t seem taken aback at all. On the contrary, she seemed quite interested in how it was for Miyabi. However, the topic of those times they’d been alone together wasn’t broached. As the house came into view, Miyabi started to become sad that Saki would be leaving just after dinner and she might not even get time to be truly alone with her today. She should have insisted they stay in…

It was a wonderful dinner, as all prepared by her mother were, and Saki never stopped giving her heartfelt thanks for the food. Her mother played it all down of course, but Miyabi couldn’t help a smile at seeing the looks she started giving Saki after a while. “Well, I can certainly see why Miyabi looks up to you so much. You’re also quite the charmer…” she said at one point, after which Miyabi buried her face in her rice bowl for a good minute.

As they cleared the table, the girls rose and Miyabi started slowly back up to her room, dreading saying goodbye to the girl she had such strange feelings for, but Saki hung behind faced toward her mother.

“Excuse me, Mrs. Natsuyaki?”

“Yes dear?” she asked pleasantly. Miyabi coughed slightly to stifle a snort. With how Saki had won her mother over during dinner, if the girl had some sort of request she had a feeling her mother would fall all over herself in an effort to grant it.

“I was thinking… if it’s okay with Miya-chan as well of course… I know we’d mentioned it before, but would it be okay if I stayed the night? Miyabi and I have a lot to catch up on, and… maybe I could help her with her studying too since I did most of the same things last year…”

Her mother smiled while she wiped her hands on a towel. “Of course, dear! You’re welcome here any time, and like I said, it’s great to see Miyabi having someone over to spend time with. Especially someone older, and who is a good influence.” Miyabi could see her shaking her head with her eyes lowered in amazement as she walked back into the kitchen, whispering too loudly to herself, “Such a nice girl. I wish Tomo had had friends like that…”

She disappeared, but Miyabi still stared at the girl standing left behind, who now looked over and grinned at Miyabi. “Well, that’s taken care of,” she said craftily. “Although I haven’t properly asked you yet…”

“Of course!” Miyabi said, running up to and hugging the smaller girl. “Are you an idiot!?”

“Um… your mom…” Saki said hesitantly, but this time Miyabi didn’t care.

A short time later saw the two girls in t-shirts and sweatpants – Saki’s coming from the bag she’d brought with her (“You were planning this all along weren’t you!” Miyabi had said with a laugh) – comfortably sitting on a loveseat in the basement, holding a bag of popcorn between them while watching Shikoku. Not many of the other girls knew this, and of course none at her school did, but Miyabi actually quite enjoyed horror films, and especially ghost stories with strange psychics and such. Surprisingly to her though, she found out tonight that Saki enjoyed the occasional one as well, and so they were, sitting here in the dark basement and watching Shikoku. Miyabi had seen it before, but not Saki, and Miyabi definitely didn’t mind seeing it again. However, even though she never got as engrossed in horror moves as some people, she was even less so tonight because of being mightily distracted by the girl sitting curled up next to her.

She felt how close they were on either side of the small couch, with only the popcorn separating them really. Their knees were almost touching, and she could feel the heat the small girl radiated. She knew larger people let off a lot of heat, but Saki seemed to do well enough herself. Or perhaps she was just over-sensitive to it…

Hearing her still munching on a handful, Miyabi decided to take a break from the popcorn and acted like she was focused on the television screen. However, she dropped her hand casually between them underneath the bag, where it rested just between their folded legs. She did her best not to look beside her, and before long the crunching came to a full stop.

In the movie, the ghost had just appeared and seemed unlikely to again for a bit, and the scenes drew down into some slower plot development so there wasn’t too much to pay attention to. After a moment Miyabi felt a small hand set on top of hers, and she finally looked at the girl next to her.

Saki was already looking her way, and found Miyabi’s eyes upon her glance. Deciding what she wanted for this moment Miyabi flexed her hand under the other girl’s and their fingers twined together. Was it just her, or did those eyes look a little nervous and unsure? They stared back at her with the kindness and warmth she’d always known in them, but there was the added emotion as well.

“Well,” Saki said unsteadily but with a small smile. Miyabi noticed it was a lighter version of that special smile she only gave to her. “It’s been a long time since I’ve just watched a movie with someone like this.”

“Oh?” Miyabi said, unable to look away.

“Actually,” the girl said, now looking down at their joined hands, having let the bag of popcorn fall to the floor in front of the couch. “This is the first time I’ve watched a movie with someone like this…”

Miyabi kept looking at the girl’s face. She felt a finger softly stroking her palm, but kept her gaze determinedly upward. “What do you mean? Surely with Jun…?” Realizing what she implied, she blushed slightly and finally looked down, though not at their hands.

“No,” Saki said quietly, and as Miyabi looked up again she saw a slight shadow mar the girl’s features. “We mostly went on dates and outings. The only time we were ever in a private place was when I went to his apartment…”

“I’m sorry,” Miyabi said quickly. “I shouldn’t have mentioned him.”

“It’s okay,” Saki said, and she smiled as she looked up again, the shadow gone. “You helped me deal with that, remember? It feels like an old memory already.” Miyabi gave a small smile too, lowering her eyes slightly. “Plus…” Saki continued, and Miyabi felt a little uncertainty creeping back into her voice. “Now I have you.”

Miyabi’s eyes rose straight up. The two looked at each other a moment in silence, each trying to read the other’s thoughts, until Miyabi broke into a hopeful smile. “So, you think of me as… a girlfriend?” She tried to leave no doubt what she meant.

Saki hesitated only momentarily before nodded slowly but still unsurely, and after looking carefully into Miyabi’s face another second leaned forward relatively quickly and touched her lips against her own. She held them there for a few seconds before pulling slightly back, looking into Miyabi’s eyes as for a response. Words utterly failed Miyabi however, and she even wondered if they’d ever return, but she looked back strongly and licked her lips, trying not to give a sign that she didn’t want more. Apparently the other girl noticed, and her lips returned. This time, their free arms wrapped around each other and they shared what Miyabi supposed was a real kiss, and some time later they stayed cuddled looking at their hands joined between them, the movie forgotten, though haunting noises still echoed from the screen.

Miyabi still hadn’t found her voice, but Saki definitely didn’t seem to mind. She supposed they’d said enough in ways other than words. She blushed a little at that thought, and wondered just how much blushing would be required after the events of tonight.

“I guess Momo was right that I don’t have to worry anymore about you liking me,” Saki said as she broke the blissful silence, and Miyabi looked up to see her grinning. “I still don’t know why, but I can’t say I’m complaining.”

Miyabi did her best to gain a breath. “You really are an idiot if you can’t see that,” she finally managed weakly. She hoped the strength of her expression made up for her voice though. “Who wouldn’t love you?”

Saki’s grin became a little crooked. “Well, I guess you’d be surprised. As for you guys, I never imagined you could think of me as anything other than your Captain. I mean, all the time it’s ‘Captain this’ and ‘Captain that’. It makes me wonder if that’s really my name.” Her grin straightened and widened as she went on.

“Well then,” Miyabi said, her voice seeming back to normal. “I’ll just have to start calling you Saki-chan then.” She smiled widely. “Although, it seems I might already be doing that…”

Saki’s smile had faded a little, and she was studying Miyabi’s face. “Was that your first kiss?” she asked. Miyabi stared a second before nodding timidly. “I hope you liked it.”

Miyabi pulled up a bit straighter and looked down at the girl, holding her in front of her. “It was wonderful,” she said. “Although, I’m sure it can be even better.” She grinned and leaned down toward Saki… to her Saki-chan… again.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 05:41:57 PM by rokun »

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2007, 07:36:23 PM »
Oh yes, fluff, love it!  :nya:

What was with that book Miyabi ordered? Was it a manga? I was so curious about it that I even searched it up at google and I read something like  chemical changes in muscles after death?  :mon huh:

and I got one quote

“Of course!” Miyabi said, running up to and hugging the smaller girl. “Are you an idiot!?”

“Um… your mom…” Saki said hesitantly, but this time Miyabi didn’t care.

I actually laughed at this part, because, I'm not too sure, was that a "your mom" joke? or was she actually gonna say something about her mom.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 10:49:55 PM by modesta107 »
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #77 on: August 12, 2007, 02:38:46 AM »
I'll answer you backwards because your question is something I want to tease a bit about. :lol:

What was with that book Miyabi ordered? Was it a manga? I was so curious about it that I even searched it up at google and I read something like  chemical changes in muscles after death?  :mon huh:
If you're really curious about that book, you can google for an online Latin dictionary and look up the phrase. Although people who actually know more than a trifling of Latin will probably call me out on it, I did my best to get it right. >.> Otherwise, you'll find out more about it later on (probably next chapter). Oh, and Miyabi cut him off before he could say the full title, so you only got about half of it... And it doesn't have to be a real book. :lol:

I actually laughed at this part, because, I'm not too sure, was that a "your mom" joke? or was she actually gonna say something about her mom.
:lol: I'm glad you laughed at it! Although here Saki was just a little embarrassed and nervous since she was unsure if Miyabi's mom was still around, and hoping that if she was the hug wouldn't be taken the wrong way... Or I suppose I should say, the right way. Saki's this perfect little angel to Miyabi's mom, isn't she? :) She would never corrupt her daughter...  :hee:

Offline Amarghetta

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • The likeness of a human
« Reply #78 on: August 12, 2007, 07:25:52 AM »
I'll answer you backwards because your question is something I want to tease a bit about. :lol:

If you're really curious about that book, you can google for an online Latin dictionary and look up the phrase. Although people who actually know more than a trifling of Latin will probably call me out on it, I did my best to get it right. >.> Otherwise, you'll find out more about it later on (probably next chapter). Oh, and Miyabi cut him off before he could say the full title, so you only got about half of it... And it doesn't have to be a real book. :lol:
An apocryphal book seemingly about death, random mentions of shrines... I bet her independent research is quite interesting.  Can we expect some Ctulhu references, too? (j/k)  :P

Offline chibilolli

• Uh Wha?
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Gaki Gay Lord
« Reply #79 on: August 12, 2007, 07:46:17 AM »
 :mon inluv: :mon lovelaff: :mon inluv: :mon lovelaff:

I managed to read this just before I went to work last night and spent the whole 12 hours with a HUGE grin on my face (I think some people thought I had taken something!!!)

I'm now definatly loving the Miyabi / Saki pairing (sorry Risako) and want more. Lots more!!!

:mon inluv: :mon lovelaff: :mon inluv: :mon lovelaff:

UPDATE, UPDATE, UPDATE

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Gospellers - Endroll