JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Twice - Touchdown

Author Topic: Games Convention 2007  (Read 1925 times)

Offline Lunar

• GanbaREINA~ !
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Tanakacchi <3
Games Convention 2007
« on: August 26, 2007, 12:08:01 AM »
Well probably the majority of you guys don't know what I am talking about but I visited the Games Convention this weekend and I just wanted
to share my experiences.

Wikipedia.com entry :

The Games Convention (sometimes called the Leipzig Games Convention, and abbreviated as GC) is an annual video game event in Leipzig, Germany, first held in 2002. Besides videogames, the event also covers Infotainment, Hardware and Edutainment. Its concept was created by the
Bundesverband Interaktive Unterhaltungssoftware (German Federal Association for Entertainment Software) amongst others.

With 183,000 visitors, 2,600 journalists and 368 exhibitors from 25 countries in 2006, the Games Convention rivals the Tokyo Game Show as the biggest games event in the world. By comparison, both the Leipzig and Tokyo shows, where gamers of all ages can visit the show floor, are three times the size of the trade-only 2006 E3 show in Los Angeles.

I stayed in Leipzig for 3 days and it was a pretty good event this time (in comparison to the last one).

You could play a bunch of awesome games e.g : Heavenly Sword , Halo 3 , StarCraft 2 , RockBand , WarHammer Online,
in addition there was a variety of new Trailers of Metal Gear Solid4, DevilMayCry4, Asassins Creed ,Little Big Planet(!) and many more.
There was also some stuff about the new Wow Addon Wrath of the LichKing going on, but I didn't check that out cuz it was simply too crowded.
Only Nintendo really disappointed me, they pretty much sucked except if you had a Press Card to get access to Metroid Prime 3 and the new Mario
like me.

Anyways here are some pictures :

starting off with some hot babes :

Cars :

Entrance Hall :

after that my batteries ran short and I had to continue with my lame Samsung 1.3 mp phone...

Pangya XD :

UT3 Dude :

zomg snake is OLD :

That's it people , sorry for the crappy quality >__>
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 02:13:07 AM by Lunar »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Games Convention 2007
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 12:34:24 PM »
Nice one Lunar! :thumbsup Glad to hear you had a good time. I thought booth babes were banned but, oh well, doesn't matter! And there's nudity too!111 :D

Which game would you say impressed you the most?

Offline Lunar

• GanbaREINA~ !
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Tanakacchi <3
Re: Games Convention 2007
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 01:37:10 PM »
I don't really want to pick a title since there were just too many awesome presentations,it depends on which game genre
you prefer.For example those who love RTS, SC2 has to be the ne plus ultra~
But I guess DMC4 & Halo3 .Too bad that MG4 wasnt available for playing, they just had new trailers~

The e-Piano dude was awsome .. he played like any Gamemusic you asked him to play, Zelda, FF1-X2, Warcraft, Mario(even specific lvl themes)
and some other stuff.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 01:40:29 PM by Lunar »

JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Twice - Touchdown