JPHiP Radio (32/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: G.NA - Oops! (feat. Ilhoon)

Author Topic: Movies with 2008, 2009, 2010 release dates  (Read 12903 times)

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
Re: Movies with 2008, 2009, 2010 release dates
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2007, 12:43:41 PM »
Don't Forget, X-Files Movie TWO.

Although whenever they finally sort everything out and make that, is anyone's guess, lol.
But, there has been some positive word about it recently from the cast :)

Offline Narutokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2007, 04:05:49 PM »
I hope the Star Trek XI Movie will be better then the last because it was really boring i think.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2007, 11:54:16 PM »

Offline reyfer

• Member+
  • Sayumin's personal assistant
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2007, 01:58:59 PM »
Now it looks like Dragonball Z may be made into a live action Hollywood movie

Bet that will be good. Not.
A Hollywood live action version of one of anime's iconic series? Why would they ruin the series like that? Hollywood doesn't know what DBZ was all about. And some animes just don't translate well to live action. Two of the few that did were both japanese live action versions, "Shinobi" (a live action Basilisk) and "Saikano".

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2007, 02:15:42 PM »
If true, I can't wait to see a number of things and how they translate to the silver screen. For example, will Piccolo be CGI or make up? Also what saga will they take? I presume they'd have to go with the Saiyan saga. And finally will it be the 2hrs of screaming 'I'M POWERING UP!!!!' as I presume it to be? :lol: And also, who will be the cast? I remember reading ages and ages ago of a DBZ movie and that Jackie Chan would play Vegeta :lol: :lol:

*EDIT*

AICN has got word of the latest updates on the American remake of the Korean classic, "Oldboy". Apparently a scooper on the site got to have a few questions with Fabian Marquez, who is writing the remake.

Marquez revealed that he plans to keep the famous one take fight scene in the movie, and that the plot and overall philosophy would not differ from the original. He also stated that he would be handing in a rough draft of the script to Universal in Early May, so it wil still be a while until production starts. The writer also reassured fans that even the most controversial elements of the original, that dealt with areas such as incest, will still be retained in the remake.

In terms of potential leads for the movie, Russell Crowe was named as a possibility for the lead character of Oh Dae Su, while John Cusack was mentioned as a good possibility for the role of Oh Dae Su's nemesis, Lee Woo Jin.

Why even bother with a remake then? I don't even think the original is that culture-specific that it needs to be translated for a Western audience. And if anyone's gonna play Lee Woo Jin, it's Christian Bale surely?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 06:52:05 PM by Tuffty »

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2007, 12:55:57 AM »
A remake of FootLoose?  wtf?  Hollywood has went to shit, if they can't come up with originals, "Ghostbusters" next?

Offline Owaranai_sLaVe

• Right now it's... KKANGPAE SHIDAE!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Does Don Jess have to slap a bitch?
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2007, 03:48:30 AM »
I just realized that IRONMAN isn't on that list.
I just saw the commercial for it. It's odd, it's coming out in like May of 2008 and theres a commercial for it already!

-Owaranai_sLaVe
>>LIFE ~is just another story~2008/12/26<<
Please Spread The Love; Pervy Thinkers Association

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2007, 03:13:18 PM »
James Wong, formerly of The X-Files and the man behind Final Destination and The One, is writing and directing the live action version of Dragon Ball, which is going to go into production in Canada this November.

Looks like it will be following the Piccolo saga from Dragonball, something which I haven't seen so can't really comment on all that much. The link above also shows casting info, and looks like Goku, Bulma, Yamcha, Piccolo and Master Roshi will be the lead characters.

Offline Genesis

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2007, 08:19:39 PM »
I guess they're starting off with the last arc of Dragon Ball so if there's success they can start right away into DBZ. I cringed after reading some of those character descriptions like 18 yr old Goku uncool and unpopular at school... :grr: and I'm pretty sure he was younger then 18 at that point in the series, but maybe they made him older since he'll probably be getting married in this movie.

I'm quite interested on how Hollywood's version is going to turn out... but after reading those character descriptions, I'm getting this dreadful feeling that the movie is going to try to be "hip and cool" and turn out to be something quite absurd like Volcano High. >___>

After slipping on a mask for Spider-Man, Tobey Maguire might be slipping into a giant robot for "Robotech."

*sigh* can't we just leave these classic series be? ugh... I blame Carl Macek.. burn in hell!!

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2007, 03:48:37 AM »
The "Hitman" movie comes out Nov. 24th, just saw the commercial for it.
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2007, 12:55:47 PM »
^ And apparently toned down from a promising rated R, to a PG-13 :angry:

In other news:

Some news on the Tekken and Onimusha series

About Tekken:

"After the Great Terror Wars, governments fell...
Seven corporations rose from the ashes to rule all men...
Together they were known as The Iron Fist...
The mightiest of which was...TEKKEN

The story centers on two childhood friends who enter a worldwide martial arts tournament. As they progress, the pals move toward uncovering a secret that lies within the mysterious Tekken Corp. Charles Stone will direct.

Oh good, another movie adaptation that ignores the source material, tries to come up with it's own thing and ultimately, turns out crap (and it's based on a fighting game too, which isn't the greatest in story material). Tekken corp? That doesn't make sense! And this is one of those rare occassions that you can tell, even from the poster, that it's destined for an epic fail. A giant T? What's up with that?

About Onimusha, only news is that it will start filming next year, with Christophe Gans (Silent Hill) at the helm. It'll only work with Takeshi Kaneshiro playing Samanosuke, like he did for the game.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2007, 04:47:23 PM »
Oh no!! More DBZ movie news and it starts off promising, then just goes horribly wrong. Good news first:

Stephen Chow (Shaolin Socccer, Kung Fu Hustle) is taking the role of producer)

Bad news? Justin Chatwin (??) is to play as Goku, while James Marsters (Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer) is to play as Piccolo. Don't know if the Namek's CGI or costume (please God no). So just to clarify this is your Goku, and this is your Piccolo.

Offline Owaranai_sLaVe

• Right now it's... KKANGPAE SHIDAE!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Does Don Jess have to slap a bitch?
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2007, 10:41:50 PM »
The girl from Bloodrayne is going to do MY WIFE IS A GANGSTER

First the Japanese remakes... now the Korean. First the Japanese phase in America, now the Korean Hallyu. Sigh.

-Owaranai_sLaVe
>>LIFE ~is just another story~2008/12/26<<
Please Spread The Love; Pervy Thinkers Association

JPHiP Radio (32/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: G.NA - Oops! (feat. Ilhoon)