JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Naht - Aru kyousou

Author Topic: [Movie] 'Dragonball' comes to bigscreen  (Read 26765 times)

Offline tivx

• Beauty To My Ai's
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: 'Dragonball' comes to bigscreen
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2007, 04:59:28 PM »
Bout Time!! i was wondering when they were going to start this!

seeing how they chose a grown man for the role of Goku i would this would prolly take place during the Piccolo saga, but i hope they don't really follow the story. I hope they make their own story but keep all of the character traits. Maybe like have a Goku vs. Piccolo fight in the end but in the middle show Goku and Yamcha fighting. Oh! of course with my boy Krillin.

The cast so far is....insane... :O with all these different types of races and most of them prolly don't even speak the same language, this is starting to be worrisome. Some of the other movies I've seen like this, the responses to each other aren't that good since they don't really understand what the other is saying. Hmmmm Chow Yun-Fat as Master Roshi?! That dude is a good actor, but for the role of Master Roshi? I don't think he has the personality for it. I'm pretty sure Master Roshi is prolly going to be just like his role in Bulletproof Monk. But for the role of Chi-Chi I'm all for it!! :D

Still looking forward to this movie. Hopefully they won't let us down   

R.I.P. Kyle, already missing you man.........

Offline Daisuki Daiiyo

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Yabyab
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2007, 12:33:26 AM »
I'm worried about the film aswell. It has the potential to be good, but I dunno. Emmi Rossum, loved her in Phantom of the Opera, but I just don't think she fits in the film. lol @ Humanoid Appearance for Piccolo, this probably means he'll look like an ordinary Human like The Terminator, which basically translates to they're too lazy to cover him in green and give him antennae :( Makes me a bit sad, so far I'm not too optimistic about what it seems they're going to do to one of my favorite characters.

[youtube=425,355]dpyepHVNHNk[/youtube]

lol Piccolo. :heart:

But oh well, what're you gonna do. I still have some hopes for the film, Jamie Chung is hot and I love DBZ tons, so I'll still probably go and see this anyway.

Offline tivx

• Beauty To My Ai's
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2007, 04:39:59 PM »
a video about this movie

[youtube=425,350]pZuulsMtYQk[/youtube]

R.I.P. Kyle, already missing you man.........

Offline Reanimation

• Kameist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2007, 04:50:50 PM »
^ that video is wrong. Emmy Rossum will play the role of Bulma.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2008, 05:31:30 PM »
On set photos of the film showing Frodo's younger brother, sorry, Goku. :?

So who else thinks the producers thought the idea of Goku sitting on a cloud as a means of transport was deemed 'uncool' and thus decided to have him drive in a sports car?  :O

Offline Happosai

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2008, 10:58:17 AM »
So who else thinks the producers thought the idea of Goku sitting on a cloud as a means of transport was deemed 'uncool' and thus decided to have him drive in a sports car?  :O

ahem...  :roll:

En una de las escenas de Dragon Ball que se rodaron se ve un automóvil deportivo amarillo que está a la espera de estacionarse, en ese momento se supone que Goku va pasando en la bicicleta y el coche se impacta contra él, por lo que Goku se cae, y la bici queda abajo del auto.

During one of the shooted scenes, we can see a yellow sports car that stops to attempt parking. At this moment, we suppose that Goku passes by riding a bicycle, and the car bumps into him, Goku falls down, and the bycicle is stucked under the car...

So, you are wrong... The producer thought that Goku sitting on a cloud as a means of transport was deemed 'uncool' and thus decided to have him ride a bicycle!  :rofl:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2008, 12:19:21 PM »
Curse you Spanish language! You've foiled me once again! But I'll be back, stronger than ever! *evil laugh*

Anyway, yeah so a bike then. :lol:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2008, 03:05:41 PM »
On set photos of the movie

Including some photos of the sets, cast, Chow Yun Fat wearing a Manchester Utd hat (legend) and Goku's actor filming an outdoor scene in trademark attire (albeit in rather blurry quality)

Offline frozenthrone

• ecchi
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2008, 09:05:58 AM »
I have this weird feeling that this movie will undoubtly fail ! so i highly recommend the high profile actors to drop out of this big screening all together  :twisted: :lol: XD :)

Offline Blu-Cherri

• Figure of Sorrow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Figure of Loneliness
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2008, 01:24:09 AM »
This movie sounds like it could be reeeaaaaally embarassing >_<

Hopefully it's not and it's amazing! i never realyl watched dragonball(watched the others tho) so might have to brush up on my DB knowledge soon.

set made by me
Here's me singing and dancing!
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=15604.0

Offline eglue

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2008, 11:54:27 AM »
This movie sounds like it could be reeeaaaaally embarassing >_<

Hopefully it's not and it's amazing! i never realyl watched dragonball(watched the others tho) so might have to brush up on my DB knowledge soon.
i agree. i dont know how this one's gonna turn out. it's kinda iffy. i guess we'll have to wait til the trailer comes out.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: [Movie] 'Dragonball' comes to bigscreen
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2008, 12:57:16 AM »
Oh dear. The signs don't look good. They tried the hairstyle, they really did, but they failed

It just looks ridiculous, should have just kept it normal. God knows what it would have looked like if Goku ever became SSJ3.

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2008, 01:06:25 AM »
Damn, can't see it.
Clicking the link gives me a 404.
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline LaJon

• King Lurker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2008, 01:06:43 AM »
It's going to be epic fail.  I can just feel it.  Oh, and Goku looks like a douche. The guy over at I Watch Stuff put it best when describing the Goku poster that's been going around:

"When a live-action adaptation of the fight-centric anime Dragonball was announced, there were some concerns. Was there enough hair product on real, non-anime Earth to support Goku's ridiculous coiffure? Would fans get too upset if the character's orange gi were replaced with a t-shirt with some Japanese characters on it, showing an Abercrombie-level understanding of Asian culture? Could computers still render simple glowing orbs? Make your own judgments."

Offline Maikeru86

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2008, 02:29:02 AM »
Looks like another movie who's only objective is to make sales based on the title alone. This usually occurs in Video Game adaptions like (Mortal Kombat, or Dead or Alive, etc.). But Dragon Ball deserves better then this.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2008, 01:52:41 PM »
Damn, can't see it.
Clicking the link gives me a 404.

Oops, sorry here's another link:

Offline Happosai

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2008, 05:55:48 AM »
 :sweatdrop:

Offline lemonmilktea

• Member+
  • H!P/JPH!P/Rolling Stones Fan!
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2008, 10:35:41 AM »
Don't know if this is related but in a commercial they have offic workers doing the "Kamehameha" But they misspronounce it (AS FUCKING USUAL) and say it "Ka-mee-ha-mee-ha." I thought to myself/ OK I know what Kamehameha is but Kameehameeha I've no idea!  :) Gives me a conniption whenever ppl cant pronounce words 1 time... and then keep going. Like "Morning Musoome" I just want to tell em to fuck off when they do that. Mostly when its in spanish though, since I'm 1/2 to 3/4 mexican.

Basically put, I'm not holding my breath for anything over half-assed much less fantastic!

God help them if they touch Sailor Moon!  :angry:
The Original Teddy Girl Pin-Up Princess says:
"USO!"

Thank you Kawaii-beam for the Av!

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2008, 06:30:08 AM »
God help them if they touch Sailor Moon!  :angry:
Japan already made a live action "drama" version of that, you know. :yep:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline meowchi

• still listening to Viyuden
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2008, 08:44:50 AM »
JESUS no! This movie better have AWESOME SPECIAL EFFECTS AND CHOREPGRAPHED GOODNESS to make up for the crappy character portrayl!

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Naht - Aru kyousou