JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hitomi - Fight for Your Run

Author Topic: The Wada Ayaka Thread (和田彩花)  (Read 92344 times)

Offline scorn

• オナニー
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The Wada Ayaka Thread (和田彩花)
« Reply #200 on: December 31, 2016, 05:13:36 PM »
Effective immediately, or does she assume the leadership when Maimi leaves after C-ute disbands?
Beautifulest women of all time 1.)Kim Sohee 2.)Minatozaki Sana 3.)Myoui Mina 4.)Fukumura Mizuki 5.)Uemura Akari 6.)Yabuki Nako 7.)Oguri Yui 8.)Nashiko Momotsuki 9.)Na-yeon 10.)Ikuta Eripon

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
« Reply #201 on: December 31, 2016, 05:20:12 PM »
After C-ute disbands.

:::Twitter
::Rest in Peace, Jabs. You'll be forever missed. <3::

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #202 on: December 31, 2016, 08:49:35 PM »

Offline scorn

• オナニー
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #203 on: January 01, 2017, 04:19:03 PM »
After C-ute disbands.
Guess it makes for a smoother transition; Maimi will have ample time to handover the 'official duties of the Office of Leadership'  :P
Beautifulest women of all time 1.)Kim Sohee 2.)Minatozaki Sana 3.)Myoui Mina 4.)Fukumura Mizuki 5.)Uemura Akari 6.)Yabuki Nako 7.)Oguri Yui 8.)Nashiko Momotsuki 9.)Na-yeon 10.)Ikuta Eripon

Offline bluewind78

• Member+
  • Juice=Juice Fanatic
« Reply #204 on: January 04, 2017, 02:49:20 PM »
Dawa,

Congratulations on your promotion! you deserve it.

Guess its the beginning of a new era for Hello Project

Choice & Chance: A Juice=Juice Fanfiction:
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=42253.0

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
« Reply #205 on: January 04, 2017, 07:45:50 PM »
After C-ute disbands.
Guess it makes for a smoother transition; Maimi will have ample time to handover the 'official duties of the Office of Leadership'  :P

Also! There's talk of them already announcing this since C-ute isn't participating in winter Hello!Con. I guess so that way Wada can kind of take over MC/leader roles for that while C-ute does their own thing.

:::Twitter
::Rest in Peace, Jabs. You'll be forever missed. <3::

Offline sayumi_fan

• 重ピンクがんばって!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Sayummy
« Reply #206 on: August 25, 2017, 05:22:48 PM »
So in fact, Dawa did take over leadership immediately from 1st Jan?  (I've been SO out of the loop, I know).  I am so happy for Dawa...  she works hard at all kinds of things both in and out of H!P and this role will seal her as one of the all-time H!P greats, imho.

Offline sayumi_fan

• 重ピンクがんばって!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Sayummy
« Reply #207 on: August 30, 2017, 01:50:55 AM »
...I started this thread 8 years ago and now I get to come in here and announce that

AYACHO WILL BE HELLO! PROJECT'S LEADER! (source)

I am so happy and so excited for her. She's my current H!P overall fave and I've been following her since the beginning so this is like THE BEST NEWS FOR ME.

I love the idea of Ayacho as H!P Leader, it's the culmination of a career that I have always followed with adoration...  amazing how the time has flown though.

I do have a puzzlement about it though...  can anyone explain (or guess) why Ayacho was chosen over Juice=Juice leader Yuka Miyazaki, who is 4 months older?

And...  does anyone have any evaluation of how Ayacho is performing as Leader by now?  I haven't seen enough evidence to go on...

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #208 on: August 30, 2017, 05:46:16 AM »
Ayacho currently has the most seniority in H!P, joining the company in 2004 as a first generation Egg. Yuka didn't join until 2012/2013, so she's a bit further down the succession line.

"Leader of H!P" is mostly a ceremonial position from what I know; if Maimi was any indication we should expect to see an example of Ayacho's leadership duty at Duu's graduation. (Rio's grad should've been first, but, well...)
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline sayumi_fan

• 重ピンクがんばって!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Sayummy
« Reply #209 on: August 30, 2017, 11:38:05 AM »
Ayacho currently has the most seniority in H!P, joining the company in 2004 as a first generation Egg. Yuka didn't join until 2012/2013, so she's a bit further down the succession line.

Aha!  So it's not purely on birth date, but on seniority of service in H!P.  In fact, would be it always be the longest serving member then?  And is a group's leader always going to be the longest serving (but not necessarily the oldest) member, too?  Sorry for all the questions.  None of this ever occurred to me until Sayu graduated and the H!P leader was not automatically the Momusu leader...  and then I assumed it was done on age, but obviously not.  All so interesting!  (Sorry if this seems mundane to everyone else, hehe).

"Leader of H!P" is mostly a ceremonial position from what I know; if Maimi was any indication we should expect to see an example of Ayacho's leadership duty at Duu's graduation. (Rio's grad should've been first, but, well...)

Yes, Leader of H!P doesn't seem to have much role outside heading up the MCs at H!P events, and appearing at graduations.  I really hope she can make Duu feel very special at her graduation...  and yes, well, Rio's sudden dropping was a shock...  your comment got me looking into that as well, on her thread.

Thanks a heap!

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #210 on: August 30, 2017, 02:21:45 PM »
In Dawa's case, it was ordained
from the heavens

Offline sayumi_fan

• 重ピンクがんばって!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Sayummy
« Reply #211 on: August 30, 2017, 02:27:45 PM »
In Dawa's case, it was ordained
from the heavens

Well said!  Indeed, she will always be one of my all time hime-idols!

Offline sayumi_fan

• 重ピンクがんばって!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Sayummy
« Reply #212 on: August 30, 2017, 02:45:42 PM »
Maybe this was noted elsewhere, but Ayacho graduated from her university in March, majoring in Art History.  I already bought her two books on art history, which I found while travelling in Japan.

Her own blog post about her graduation is here:  https://ameblo.jp/angerme-ayakawada/entry-12257909799.html   It seems that Blog Project didn't pick up on this entry.  I would have thought it was an important entry in Ayacho's life, but of course, it's not an H!P related matter I guess.

From the little I can make out, seems she was anxious about how she would be accepted by her fellow students, and then she wondered if they had known that she was an idol.  But in the end, they did know but they didn't make a big deal out of it.  And so she ended up with good friends at her university and enjoyed her studies. 

Hopefully this is something she can return to eventually after graduation, which is hopefully still a couple of years away.

Offline scorn

• オナニー
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #213 on: August 30, 2017, 04:49:02 PM »
...wait she already wrote two books on art history?! :shocked

So she's one of those who can look at a painting & not only name the artist, but which period/style was it painted during?

Offline sayumi_fan

• 重ピンクがんばって!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Sayummy
« Reply #214 on: August 30, 2017, 04:59:24 PM »
...wait she already wrote two books on art history?! :shocked

So she's one of those who can look at a painting & not only name the artist, but which period/style was it painted during?

Yup, she's a real professional art historian.  These are her two books, on CDJapan website:

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOBK-1924908

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOBK-1639373

Then this is what remains of a series she did on AsianBeat:  http://asianbeat.com/en/ukiyoe/

This is an interview with her and Takamasa Sakurai, who sadly was later killed by a train in Tokyo:  http://asianbeat.com/en/ukiyoe/special.html

And this is one of Ayacho's book launches:  https://tokyogirlsupdate.com/smileage-ayaka-wada-artbook-20140318949.html

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #215 on: August 31, 2017, 02:31:06 AM »

Aha!  So it's not purely on birth date, but on seniority of service in H!P.  In fact, would be it always be the longest serving member then?  And is a group's leader always going to be the longest serving (but not necessarily the oldest) member, too?  Sorry for all the questions.  None of this ever occurred to me until Sayu graduated and the H!P leader was not automatically the Momusu leader...  and then I assumed it was done on age, but obviously not.  All so interesting!  (Sorry if this seems mundane to everyone else, hehe).

I think it's really a combo of both seniority and age, depending on how big the gaps are. When Morning Musume underwent a leadership shuffle back in 2005, Yossy got assigned leader despite Mikitty being a few months older...but on the flip side, when Gaki graduated in 2012 H!P leadership went to Sayu despite Saki Shimizu technically being in H!P longer (likely due to Sayu being 2 years older and leader of Momusu). Naturally stuff like this ends up causing confusion amongst fans and leads to some believing Harunan would be picked ahead of anyone else regarding leadership of both MM and H!P. :lol:

Also it might be up to the girls themselves, as individual H!P groups don't always go with the oldest member as leader (see Melon Kinenbi, C-ute's original lineup, both Factory groups).
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline sayumi_fan

• 重ピンクがんばって!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Sayummy
« Reply #216 on: September 01, 2017, 01:06:56 AM »
^  Thanks, J-Triumf, for that really detailed explanation...  wow, you REALLY know your H!P history, puts me to shame!  Stuff like this is what makes me SO happy to be in this forum, I always end up finding out so much more than I can deliver.

On the delivery side...  let me offer a compilation I made up of ALL of the Ayacho art history articles from AsianBeat (trawled them out of the Wayback Machine as they are now mostly gone from the main AsianBeat site page).  I have added some interviews as well, not all about her art thing, though mostly.

Download from Mega here!

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #217 on: September 16, 2017, 01:18:38 AM »
Dawa Explains It All

This week's topic:
THAAD anti-missile system

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #218 on: October 14, 2017, 06:03:37 AM »
Onions no match
For Dawa!

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #219 on: November 19, 2017, 09:07:36 AM »
It’s a Reincarnated Page! :cow:

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hitomi - Fight for Your Run