JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: HY - Street Story

Author Topic: (Group) KARA (카라)  (Read 737192 times)

Offline adventwriter

• Forever a Linlin wota.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: KARA General Discussion Thread
« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2009, 07:59:32 AM »
I'd heard of KARA previously, but when someone on Youtube put up their video I just had to watch it. Awesome song, the chorus is addictive as hell. I look forward to finding out more about this group as well as listening to them much more.

Offline Setalia

• The Pun Idol
  • Member+
  • Formerly: Charmy, Risuzu
« Reply #81 on: August 03, 2009, 05:13:20 PM »
"Mister" is my current favorite track. :yossi:

Love&Peace

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #82 on: August 04, 2009, 01:53:57 AM »
Gyuri's Pilot Hat in Wanna MV is all kinds of  :wub:
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline limitbreaker02

• Quiet Lowkey Mofo
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Lovey Dovey ~
« Reply #83 on: August 04, 2009, 06:31:01 AM »
You too TOZ?

Yea, KARA's pretty awesome. They're all beautiful. I dunno how to explain it...they all have that "look" that caught my eye. Latest album is full of win. All of their tracks sound great, including my current favorite "Mister". Wanna MV is HOT. I even got a new sig/ava set of them...and that's usually reserved for Eri so there.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 06:33:07 AM by limitbreaker02 »

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #84 on: August 06, 2009, 04:30:47 PM »
^ You got it bad!!! Welcome to the club :D

I know I've been fangirling so much about them lately but I can't help, its rekindle almost everything about KARA that I first fell in love with :heart:
And OMG OMG OMG, I've been wanting to say this all week but haven't had a chance to post... KYAAAA~ I was in Sydney shopping at the permanent market place on Sunday (and yes the shop owners are like 75% Asian or something) and I suddenly stop and clung to my friends arm saying "OMG, I hear KARA & it's my favourite song!!!". The shop/stall next to the one we were at (looking at Hello Kitty) was playing 'Secret World'. I was kyaaa-ing out loud and trying to suppress all my squealing, stood outside the shop for most of the song... There are certain shops that I expect to hear Korean music & I go to them to just to hear who they are playing (it was Big Bang this time, Wonder Girls last time) but I never expected to 1)Hear any where I was 2)Hear KARA 3)Hear an oldschool awesome Kara song!... Took forever for my heartbeat to go back to normal pace... Such an awesome moment *sigh*

Kinda lame, but hey, I never denied being a crazy fangirl :P

Anyway, just wanna say Mister is officially my fave song on the album now! Everytime I hear it I can't help but visualize Nicole's arse & abs shaking about while she does that sexy smirk of hers... what more could one want from a song :wub: :drool:

+ I'm getting kinda over protective as a fan, can't handle all the bad comments about Wanna... Having someone say that T-ara's debut is better than Kara's comeback hurts!!! :oops:

First post edited with new album, Sevvie let me know if you want me to reupload it seeing I used your link :heart:
And if anyone wants to upload the MV so I can add it to the first post too that would be greatly appreciated <3
I like feeling like I'm doing something useful for once, kekeke (not that i actually do anything but click edit lol)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 04:38:52 PM by lollipopgirl »

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #85 on: August 07, 2009, 08:08:55 AM »
I wanna be crazy like Popsie!! Found some scans!! Just heard some KARA on jphip radio and googled :lol:

Scans from KARA's Limited edition photobook

Credit: The original scanner ________

Offline kuno_thunder

• Dance, dance, dance til we run this town!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
« Reply #86 on: August 07, 2009, 09:04:25 AM »
Hmm... Great pics they do, but Seungyeon isn't always photogenic, despite how much I like her.  Her disappearing eyes < Tiffany's disappearing eyes.
Cute:
http://www.imagebam.com/image/598f8f44415340/
Less cute, but I still <3 her:
http://www.imagebam.com/image/61669744415313/
Maybe its the nostrils.  Seungyeon!! <333

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ass + BESTie = BASSTie?
« Reply #87 on: August 07, 2009, 10:26:47 AM »
Speaking of eyes, it still amazes me after more than 2 years, how pretty eyes (and eyebrows :oops:) Nicole have. Not to talk about Gyuri who's always had crazy seductive eyes. Something in her look that just ensnares me. :inlove:
[/url]

Offline limitbreaker02

• Quiet Lowkey Mofo
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Lovey Dovey ~
« Reply #88 on: August 08, 2009, 09:40:01 PM »
Kara - Lovely / Wanna(Aug 8, 2009)
A "Lovely" song to a sexy song

Kara - Mister / Wanna(Aug 2, 2009)
The "Mister" perf...OH MY GAWD (!!)

Well I never had a group garner so much attention to me since Morning Musume. SNSD didn't do it and neither has Wonder Girls or 2NE1 (still love them though). First impressions of Brown Eyed Girls was meh and only watched 4Minute's MV Hot Issue once (catchy song though).

I would like to admit that I did mis-read/calculate their birthdays and didn't know that Nicole is still 17 (ARG!) and mixed up Hara's and JiYoung's birthdays. Because of that  I'm changing my faves for the time being. Back when I thought Hara was 15 I knew she would be beautiful when she gets older (love the petite frame) but now that she's 18 and the fact that she's pretty fierce from that Great Battle gameshow she jumps to #1. Nicole then moves to #2 tied with Gyuri. To me, Nicole reminds me of Eri so much and I love her seal clap. Gyuri is just damn sexy and I'm sure can rock any hat she pleases.

Offline lollipopgirl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #89 on: August 08, 2009, 10:53:52 PM »
^ Nooo! You dropped Cole down to 2?  :( Oh well, all the more for me :D
I can't really rank them anymore, all I know is Nicole is a clear number 1 :heart: & Seungyeon is probably up to 2nd now coz she looks uber hot in the Mister performances with the way her hair is + I like bitchy girls :P

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ass + BESTie = BASSTie?
« Reply #90 on: August 08, 2009, 11:13:56 PM »
Lol my favorite Kim Jong Kook song spiced with 'Rock U'. Pretty fucking epic. :D
[/url]

Offline kuno_thunder

• Dance, dance, dance til we run this town!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
« Reply #91 on: August 09, 2009, 08:00:03 AM »
This isn't the first time they've sang Sarang Surowo.  Oldschool Kara did it too!
KARA - Sarang Surowo

Offline adventwriter

• Forever a Linlin wota.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #92 on: August 23, 2009, 02:28:25 AM »
To be honest - Nicole is the only member I can recognize.... I love Mister......  :thumbsup  :shakeit:

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #93 on: August 23, 2009, 08:11:06 AM »
Oh yes, Mister is quite a fan favorite obviously. I wonder if any of the girls hated it at first

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #94 on: August 27, 2009, 04:02:29 AM »
some asian ent websites like asian fanatics and the korean allkpop.com said that KARA is gaining popularity in Japan, "KARA MANIA,"  I haven't heard anything about this and didn't know that If it's true or not, but Is KARA really that popular in Japan? 
Must be, right?  since they're making plans to enter the japanese market. 
but because I heard this on a korean site, they tends to exaggerate and blows things out of proportion.

I do like them, more than the other korean group, actually. SNSD and Wonder Girls didn't do for me, and I have no clue about the other ones recently, but KARA draws me in...

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #95 on: August 27, 2009, 08:06:52 AM »
I think they are relatively popular, although I have no idea to what magnitude that is. They are attempting some inroads there. I know there was a Yahoo Japan survey not too long ago where Goo Hara was voted #1 best looking Korean Idol or something. JiYoung was on the list too.

Recently, a survey conducted from Japan’s biggest portal site, Yahoo Japan, on ‘Prettiest Belle of the Korean Girl-Groups’, resulted KARA’s Goo Ha Ra as the 1st, while So Nyeo Shi Dae’s Tae Yeon and YoonA were voted 2nd and 3rd respectively.

KARA’s Goo Ha Ra was voted the 1st as she has a small body and clear facial features on a small faces, which are the ideal face and body shape for Japanese.

Tae Yeon was voted as the 2nd because of her friendly, yet lovely image, while the 3rd, YoonA, captured the Japanese fans with her innocence and cute charms.

Furthermore, Jessica of So Nyeo Shi Dae was voted 4th, KARA’s Kang Ji Young as 5th, So Nyeo Shi Dae’s Soo Young as 6th and After School’s Yoo So Young as 7th on the chart.

On a side note, KARA will be releasing their new album on the 30th and making a comeback stage at KBS 2TV’s ‘Music Bank’ on the 31st.

credits/ KBites Translated by: cactus @ KARAholic
http://news.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2009/07/20/2009072000873.html

Oh yea, I don't think I ever mentioned but Mister is hot! I really like the new stuff. Not quite break it but I don't know if any k-pop songs the last couple years match that greatness. :grin:
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 08:27:50 AM by zoolander »

Offline lollipopgirl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #96 on: August 30, 2009, 10:05:16 AM »
I got asked the other day if I know what company KARA is under in Japan & I got know idea... all Ive heard is "their Japanese company". Anyone got any ideas?
I mean Tsunku DID say he wanted Kara, WG & SNSD under him, step 1 maybe? XD

Offline Flyp

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 12th gen supporter
« Reply #97 on: August 30, 2009, 10:10:37 AM »
Congrats Kara on your Inkigayo win!  You girls soooo deserve it! 

I'm now officially a Kara fan, it took a bit of time, but after listening to more of them, I really like this group now~  Nicole <333

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #98 on: August 30, 2009, 10:11:01 AM »
Congrats to Kara for winning. Their outfits were epic.

Offline lollipopgirl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #99 on: August 30, 2009, 10:16:33 AM »
Didn't watch it, but watched the commentary in the IRC XD
Soooo proud! Wanna got some crappy negative feedback, along with the good, but damn happy its getting the recognition it deserves being such a great song! The album is the shizz like we all know it is and damn those girls just deserve all the love and support they can get... even Gyuri (kidding, I don't hate hate her... most of the time)  :shakeit: <--- for Mister!
*group hugggz with KARA and all the Kamilia* :heart: :wub:

and Wolfy if you don't post here now I will kick you! :P

EDIT:

Kara - Wanna(Winning & Encore)(Aug 30, 2009)

Oh Gaaaah! You guys were right, the outfits were HOT! :drool: That was so beautiful. The group hug was gorgeous, Gyuri's leadership was :heart:  SY & Jiyoung + Hara & Jiyoung was too cute :wub: and Nicole, COOOOLLLLEEEE~ you adorable thing, don't be so shocked dearest, you deserve it *huggles* Feelz the love, kyaaaaa~
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 11:57:05 AM by lollipopgirl »

JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: HY - Street Story