JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Dream - Solve

Author Topic: Let's Play PoupeeGirl  (Read 104543 times)

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
Re: Let's Play PoupeeGirl
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2009, 02:26:43 PM »
http://kupika.com/Sanyu/Poupeegirl (Also a really good guide for newbies)

And here's my page, add me  :otomerika: http://pupe.ameba.jp/profile/fyyAjUTlFxDH/

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2009, 05:09:57 PM »
I'm so addicted to poupee right now, it's not even funny. Anyway here are some poupee strategies!! Some were already mentioned by icey but I'll put them in one place :lol:

How to make ribbons

+ You start with more ribbons if you let a friend invite you to poupee instead of registering by yourself. The person who invited you gets a 30 ribbon bonus as well, so it's beneficial to both!
+ When you start gaming, you get ribbon bonuses for the first dress-up, the first time you edit profile, etc. Just try out everything in your home once.
+ You get ribbons for posting items to your closet. Three most important rules: 1) the pics must be fashion-related items or dolls/stuffed animals/plushies, 2) no faces should be visible in the pics, 3) the items should be your own. If for some reason you upload someone else's items (like mom or friend), don't mention it in the description :lol:
+ It's not wise to post more than 3 or 5 photos a day because you stop getting as many ribbons.
+ Comment on other poupees' items! There are three reset times each day, after which you can make 20 comments that earn you ribbons. So you can make max 60 ribbons a day by commenting, but it takes some dedication LOL

Here's a useful reset time list from Livejournal community
Eastern [US]
11:25am - 7:25pm
7:25pm - 3:25am
3:25am - 11:25am

Hawaii
5:25am - 1:25pm
1:25pm - 9:25pm
9:25pm - 5:25am

Brazil
12:25pm - 08:25pm
08:25pm - 04:25am
04:25am - 12:25pm

Sydney, Australia
1:25am - 9:25am
9:25am - 5:25pm
5:25pm - 1:25am

England
4:25pm - 12:25am
12:25pm - 8:25am
8:25am - 4:25pm

Spain
5:25pm - 1:25am
1:25am - 9:25am
9:25am - 5:25pm

+ If you have posted items, that will also make it easier for you to earn more ribbons because people whose items you have commented may repay the favour. Ideally if everyone repaid the favour, you could get 120 ribbons a day with 60 from your comments and 60 from others... I've never had this ideal situation, though.

+ Selling the poupee clothes and items that you don't like at poupee market.

+ Selling shells. You find shells when you visit different poupee home pages, when the yellow bird comes flying down the shell is on its head (if the bird doesn't fly, there won't be a shell). The chances of finding a shell are increased if you click 'suteki' in the closet for any item and also if you wait a little before checking the poupee home. (It's useful to maybe browse another site to kill some time.) Remember to try refresh once. You can sell shells in poupee market for 2-3 ribbons each.

+ You can always buy ribbons, but nobody is forcing you.

+ Dress up every day! You don't even need to change the outfit, just click snapshot on the dress up page. You get 10 ribbons each day, 10 ribbons bonus for each 10 days, and 100 ribbon bonus if you dress up every day a month.

How to get items
Uploading item photos for closet
+ In addition to ribbons, you get an item each time you upload a photo. I've got all my make-up this way, lol. But often you may get ugly items.

Katherine's store
+ The store that makes people curse with high ribbon prices, limited releases and lots of cuteness to choose from. Important strategy: Only buy items that you really like! You won't be able to sell them for months to come so make sure you like it. Also, people used to buy Katherine items so that they could later sell them for a high price at poupee market. However, this has been changing recently because there are much more users and thus the items are not really rare anymore when they can be sold. So also because of this, don't buy things if you're unsure :3
+ Katherine shop's present floor: You may buy presents for yourself, but these items can NEVER be sold, so it's not smart to buy many things. Only stuff that you really like.

Poupee Market
+ It doesn't really need to be explained how this works, right? You see something that you like and buy it if you have enough ribbons. But there are some strategies for how to get max benefit from poupee market. -->
+ During a major event in Katherine shop (which are not that rare), items at Poupee Market are cheaper because people are desperately selling them to afford the new Katherine items. So if you're not busy saving for an item from Katherine shop, it's worth doing some hunting at Poupee Market instead.
+ The official Katherine items cannot be sold for a few months or six months after the event. This means that there are release dates when certain items become available for selling at poupee market. During this time, these newly released items are cheaper at poupee market because so many people are selling them that they have to lower the price to get someone to buy them. Also in reverse: if in the future you want to sell Katherine items that are being released to the poupee market, don't sell them instantly. Wait until the prices go up again. And don't sell during a major event :lol:

Shell spring
+ Collect shells from random poupee homes. When you throw 5 into the shell spring, you get an item. Often the items are ugly, but sometimes you get something very nice. Still, if you're unlucky you might consider selling shells instead.
+ If you throw in 5 of the same shells, you get a wallpaper. This might be useful if you want something else than the basic wallpaper in your poupee home.

Poupee amusement: Go Go Piyo balloon game
+ Each game costs 30 ribbons. I've only done this once and I felt so cheated afterwards because I misunderstood the rules. This game imo is only for people who have LOTS of ribbons to spare. Like hundreds or thousands. Anyway, the idea is to avoid balloons as long as possible because the higher you get, the rarer items are inside the balloons. (I thought the idea was to break as many balloons as possible to get as many items as possible, so you can only imagine how pissed off I was to get a stupid plain dress from one of the bottom balloons. A dress that is usually around 10 ribbons at poupee market cost me 30 ribbons. Grr)

What are "suteki" for?
I guess mostly for ranking your most popular items. Some people get hundreds or thousands of sutekis that end up on a weekly suteki ranking, and they get presents for their ranking. But to make it there your item has to be pretty damn cool and you have to be very popular to get that many people to suteki your item. So in a way sutekis aren't that important unless you're on top of the food chain, but I always click suteki anyway *shrug*

That's most of it :lol: There's a lot to think about if you really get into it. LOL
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 05:16:58 PM by shirenu »
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Sexy Beam

• キラ☆キラスター
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ~Through Space and Time~
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2009, 07:26:06 PM »
Everyone, please add me!!!

http://pupe.ameba.jp/profile/c5kIRZZmT6hZ/

I'm so addicted to this website. It's an unhealthy addiction. >___>

...I think I'm going to start buying Jewels. T________T

♥♥ // Infinite Bits Gaming Con // ♥♥ // Poupee Girl // ♥♥ // YouTube // ♥♥ // LJ // ♥♥

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2009, 09:57:39 PM »
Hha I almost replied this in the other thread but I guess it fits better here >_>

SB: Do let me know if you got a ribbon from the comment I just posted, I haven't made a single comment today so it should work but for some reason I don't think it gave me the usual "u gots 1 ribbon" message :O

If it worked, I can go all crazy!! Hot  :shakeit:

EDIT: NEVERMIND I'M AN IDIOT I CAN JUST CHECK MY RIBBON COUNT DUHHH

I'm so spazzing my brain isn't working TT___TT
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 10:01:30 PM by shirenu »

Offline Sexy Beam

• キラ☆キラスター
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2009, 10:04:06 PM »
2009/08/07      04:53        Get Comment          shirenu      Twin Pink ...     1  :yossi:

Sweeet~~ I'll give you more ribbons after the next reset. :D

But what do you think of the new Jewel thing? :/

EDIT: I lol'd. XD Shi  :heart:

♥♥ // Infinite Bits Gaming Con // ♥♥ // Poupee Girl // ♥♥ // YouTube // ♥♥ // LJ // ♥♥

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2009, 10:26:03 PM »
Sweeet~~ I'll give you more ribbons after the next reset. :D
lol my boring items :lol: :lol: :lol: ahh
THANKS for the comments, I was like wut!

Oh I hate the new Jewel thing :O My first instinct was high school all over again LOL!! Separating users to those who can afford to buy ribbons and those who can't, just like at high school there were the 'cool' kids who could afford the cool stuff and then the rest of us -____-" Idk I think it's a social divide, or the website sending a message that 'free' users aren't as important D:

Tbh I've bought ribbons twice for 5 dollars before, but when I once got severely ripped off by the Piyo balloon game I decided never to buy ribbons again :lol: (And also never to play that darn game again) I'm stubborn enough to stick to that decision... :lol:

Offline Sexy Beam

• キラ☆キラスター
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2009, 10:37:15 PM »
I HAAAAAAAAAAATE THE PIYO GAME OMFG What a ridiculous waste of ribbons!!! I tried it once and got a CRAP item! For 30r, I'd better get at least an uncommon item, wtf!!!

I think I'll only get Jewels on special occasions... I actually always INTENDED on buying ribbons because I love this website and do want to support the business, but I'm too broke for that shit right now. lol Buuuuut if I get some extra birthday money, I'd totally throw down five dollars for some Jewels. :B

And yeah, I'm hating all the new changes to Poupee... I'm a new user so I didn't get most of the awesome items that came out a year ago and I know that all the brand name items and promotional items are going to cost JEWELS. >: IF ONLY I COULD HAVE AN ORIGINAL LOUIS VUITTON PURSE!!! Even if it's 1000R for a virtual one, I DONT CAAAAAAAAARE! >: But Frack that if I have to spend 25 bucks worth of real money on something like that...

The past two months I've been hoarding ribbons for the Natsu Matsuri event that I know will happen at the end of this month... But I have a feeling all the beautiful kimono are going to be Jewel only items... FAIL!!!!  T____T I want pretty kimono and accessories and stuffs... T________T

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2009, 10:42:43 PM »
Whaaaaaaaattt they're going to change old items that are now available in ribbons into jewel items, too???

THAT'S SO UNFAIR WTFFFFFF

I'm pretty new too, missed so much stuff, this sucks! I actually made a list of old items that I missed and still want to get lol, it will suck so much if I'll never be able to finish my collection .... It's like Pokemon all over again! lol

Man you could just buy something nice for yourself in real life with 25 bucks D:

Offline Sexy Beam

• キラ☆キラスター
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2009, 10:49:40 PM »
Whaaaaaaaattt they're going to change old items that are now available in ribbons into jewel items, too???

THAT'S SO UNFAIR WTFFFFFF

I'm pretty new too, missed so much stuff, this sucks! I actually made a list of old items that I missed and still want to get lol, it will suck so much if I'll never be able to finish my collection .... It's like Pokemon all over again! lol

Man you could just buy something nice for yourself in real life with 25 bucks D:

The old items are staying the same, but the old Louis Vuitton bags can never be sold... ;_; I'm just saying that I think the NEW name brand Poupee stuff will most likely be jewels.  :cry: :cry: :cry:

There are so many items that were promo items that can never be sold like the Louis Vuitton stuff, the HAPPY BATH DAY stuff (which I'm SO MAD AT because I LOOOOVE HAPPY BATH DAY DX ) and the Maybelline mascara that I want so badly. This year they had the epic Kaela stuff which I'm happy I caught because I'm a HUGE fan but I wonder what they'll do next? I hope they have some good contracts in the works. XD

But as excited as I am for the new items, my heart still aches because of Jewels... *sigh*

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2009, 11:10:21 PM »
Ah ok ok I get it. :D
Yeah, I'll be mad to miss out on something cute and cool. But I think there will be lots of angry users during those times if they completely leave ribbon users out... The poupee staff will have to keep us happy, too!! OR ELSE!!

Poupee's selling out T_T

I want to buy some nice nailpolish for my poupee but I'm waiting to see tomorrow's limited items before that (not that I can afford much anyway, haha)

Offline Sexy Beam

• キラ☆キラスター
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2009, 11:22:54 PM »
Ah ok ok I get it. :D
Yeah, I'll be mad to miss out on something cute and cool. But I think there will be lots of angry users during those times if they completely leave ribbon users out... The poupee staff will have to keep us happy, too!! OR ELSE!!

Poupee's selling out T_T

I want to buy some nice nailpolish for my poupee but I'm waiting to see tomorrow's limited items before that (not that I can afford much anyway, haha)

I hope the limited aren't all make up... I want some more hair clips! XD What do you think of what's in Kath's shop right now?

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2009, 09:05:06 AM »
I'm happy cuz this is the first make-up event that I've been around for lol. I did get my poupee finally mascara and some less bright lipstick colour, unfortunately out of the two lipsticks I bought the other (#6) is quite horrid (makes her look like she doesn't have lips at all) ToT

The limiteds are up... Just some mirrors that are way too expensive. Haha, I'll concentrate on the make-up because I never buy it otherwise. All my poupee make-up, nail polish etc. are from item uploads or shell spring :lol:

...Bought the limited pink nailpolish, it only shows if I'm using a different colour wallpaper lol (not yellow or pink) Why are you pwning me so Kath :( so mean
And the limited pink lipstick is lighter than the #1 I'd bought before, gah

That's it I'm buying no more from this event :lol:

Offline Sexy Beam

• キラ☆キラスター
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2009, 04:33:53 PM »
I bought the pink lipstick and the mirror from the limiteds... I'm considering the  nail polish... Hmmmm... I also bought the mascara, pink hairclip and pink/black bag. I don't think I'll buy much else, though. I'm still waiting for Natsu Matsuri. XD

I usually sell all the make up I get from uploads because it's usually ugly colors like that nasty green... Bleh.

I'm freaking DYING for some new Present floor items! WTF Kath, it's been almost two months!!! I'm tired of the bears and this month's bears are an ugly color. >: Boooooo~

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2009, 04:37:19 PM »
I think I overwhored Poupee too much before, so I'm sick of it now :nervous:

Offline Sexy Beam

• キラ☆キラスター
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2009, 04:43:24 PM »
LOL

I can see how that can happen. I haven't gotten there yet, but I'm kinda tired of ribbon whoring... OMFG, it's so hard for me to get 20R after each reset, but I try so hard to do it, anyway... Anytime I'm in front of a computer for any number of seconds, I immeditely log onto Poupee and start posting hearts... I've done this at home, at friend's houses and at public places, too...

>______________________________>

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2009, 05:00:20 PM »
I also just get so lazy to arrange my things all pretty-like each time I have to take a picture of them XD

Offline Sexy Beam

• キラ☆キラスター
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2009, 05:16:47 PM »
I try to make them pretty... lol 

I usually take tooons of pictures at a time. At least ten at a time so that I can just upload a few a day and not have to worry about taking pictures each day.

I want to be in the top 10 suteki ranking one day~~~ That's why I try to make them pretty. XD

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2009, 05:43:12 PM »
Haha there are times when I get sick of commenting, so I think "it's just a game" and take a break. Then at some point when I'm desperate for ribbons I'll start commenting again. XD But yeah, if it starts to feel like a job it might be better to take a break for at least a day :lol: Sometimes I focus more on shell hunting to sell the shells. Just to get a little bit of variety lol

Offline Sexy Beam

• キラ☆キラスター
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2009, 06:50:41 PM »
Yeah... There've been times when I've felt that way... but the next day I buy stuff from the furima and have to get ribbons all over again because Kath comes out with something I want. >:

When those Pop Gal Girl items unlock... I'll be so out of ribbons. :(

Expect me to ribbon whore you, shi. LOL

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2009, 11:31:12 PM »
LOL yes you are free to ribbon whore me any time :lol: Just not sure if I can always repay it, because I like to spread my comments around sometimes XD

I really love selling shells, I've managed to climb back over 100 ribbons again *phew* -.-"

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Dream - Solve