JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Mika Nakashima - Forget Me Not

Author Topic: 1 Litre Of Tears (warning: contains spoilers)  (Read 49541 times)

Offline Thimas X

• I eat Jailbaits for breakfast
  • Member+
1 Litre Of Tears (warning: contains spoilers)
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2005, 04:57:53 PM »
Quote from: ~Tettekete~
The last scene of the episode 11 killed me  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:
when Aya is bedridden adn the dad is crying outside the room  :cry:  :cry:

you mean...ep 10?

Offline BakHamNoi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2005, 03:16:29 AM »
Quote from: Thimas X

you mean...ep 10?

Yeah...  :o

Offline Thimas X

• Member+
« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2005, 07:40:45 AM »
Quote from: everfree
lol Thimas, just noticed "liter" in your sig :X - Not to be rude to the original Aya Ikeuchi, but anyone beside me feel much better watching Aya-Sawajiri than lets say watching Aya-Ikeuchi? Get my drift?

lol thx ....dammit i had two typos today..

I get you.

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2005, 08:43:49 AM »
Quote from: everfree
Not to be rude to the original Aya Ikeuchi, but anyone beside me feel much better watching Aya-Sawajiri than lets say watching Aya-Ikeuchi? Get my drift?
Having someone visually pleasing play the role is needed, otherwise I do not think it would have had the same impact (on us  :twisted: )

Offline Rabbit

« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2005, 11:30:31 AM »
Episode 10's sadness rating > Episode 11's

Offline cRaZY MiKi

• *Fangirl Mode*
  • Member+
« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2005, 03:17:41 AM »
the real one is called Kitou Aya. I think they changed the surname for respecting the family....

Offline Thimas X

• Member+
« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2005, 07:48:01 AM »
:o ah....

Offline JTRIX

• Looking for Green Kame
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2005, 08:30:57 PM »
Finally finish watching all the sub-versions of 1 Litre of Tears.
 :cry:
don't know what to say, but ya... I'm thinking alot now!
The 5 beams: Sexy Beam, Mayuge Beam/Akabiman Beam, Miracle Beam, and Usa-Chan Beam

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2005, 09:54:24 PM »
:)

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2005, 02:59:42 AM »
I FINALLY SAW THE FINALE!!!!!!

It was the most emotional of all the episodes imo, but it wasn't really the saddest(that goes to 10 for me). Just about every scene was filled with different emotions. It was a fit end to the show.

But one thing bothered me alittle. In the diary Aya stated that she wanted to be held tightly, that would have been a perfect time to have Asou give her a big hug(I so wanted to do that in that scene). Though they made the two so in love, they were sort of missing alot of physical contact with each other. That I think would've made their relationship more effective.

Though, as one stated earlier, the ending didn't really make much sense without Aya's friends and family being at the grave site, but then again, that scene would have taken place 6 years after the last time you see them, I think it was implying that they were all in that crowd of a hundered or so people. But I would have prefered maybe having them get other actors I guess to portray the older characters(as long as they looked remotely like the originals). But that also could take the emotions out of the scene by putting unfamiliar people to portray characters we have already grown a connection to.

Other than the things I mentioned above, I think it was a great drama, one of my favorites.

Offline ky_khor

• 高橋隊軍曹
  • Member+
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2005, 04:56:24 PM »
erika is 1/4 french, 3/4 japanese.

Offline BakHamNoi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2005, 06:20:18 PM »
SPOILERS

When Aya was dead

The dad's voice killed me  :cry:  :cry:

Daddy: "Aya!!"  :cry:

Offline Thimas X

• Member+
« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2005, 06:27:21 PM »
Quote from: StreakInTheSky
I FINALLY SAW THE FINALE!!!!!!

It was the most emotional of all the episodes imo, but it wasn't really the saddest(that goes to 10 for me). Just about every scene was filled with different emotions. It was a fit end to the show.

But one thing bothered me alittle. In the diary Aya stated that she wanted to be held tightly, that would have been a perfect time to have Asou give her a big hug(I so wanted to do that in that scene). Though they made the two so in love, they were sort of missing alot of physical contact with each other. That I think would've made their relationship more effective.

Though, as one stated earlier, the ending didn't really make much sense without Aya's friends and family being at the grave site, but then again, that scene would have taken place 6 years after the last time you see them, I think it was implying that they were all in that crowd of a hundered or so people. But I would have prefered maybe having them get other actors I guess to portray the older characters(as long as they looked remotely like the originals). But that also could take the emotions out of the scene by putting unfamiliar people to portray characters we have already grown a connection to.

Other than the things I mentioned above, I think it was a great drama, one of my favorites.

Spoiler Response

That scene where Aya stated that she wanted to be held tightly really bothered me also. I think the only time they touched in the whole series was in the first episode when Haruto gave her a lift to school on his bike. Also in ep. 11 when Haruto visits Aya to give her the postcard, she reaches her arm out through the curtain. He opens it but completely ignores the arm. Last night I found out that the actor who plays Haruto is in NEWS, a Johnnys group. I guess that explains it  :lol:

Masa told me there was a rumor that Haruto wasn't a real character...really sucks because he really spiced up the story. It makes sense how the quotes from the diary were never about Haruto.

Its been more than 10 years since Aya died, and there is still no cure for the Spinocerebellar Degeneration disease. I hope the researchers keep at it until they can find a cure.

This drama is a must watch for anyone because of its great story and the lessons you can learn from it. Aya only wanted to live, and she never gave up on this desire until the very end. "Live on"

I loved this drama, its a favorite of all-time.

Offline Impression151

• Member+
« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2005, 08:45:55 PM »
It's not a rumor, there is no Haruto. The producers put him in there because the real Aya's mother wanted to give Aya a lover that she never had in her real but short life. That's also one reason why they never touched, there was no Haruto. There could've been someone there for mental support but not physical support.

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2005, 07:36:30 AM »
Hm, there is artistic leaway to 'spice things up', but Haruto is a big part of the story as told... subtract a few points.

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2005, 10:31:55 AM »
It was based off Aya Kitou's diary. They made a completely different story based on her journal entries. It doesn't depict her life, but is supposed to convey the feelings she's felt and the impact her life had on the people around her.

Offline Fenrir

• RPG baka
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2005, 11:41:36 AM »
:cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

Didn't watch everything, bits and pieces, but did watch more near the end of the series...  :cry:  :cry:  

Damn friend for playing it while at her house...  :x  :P

Good drama. Can see why you guys are all into it. XD But I do feel the pain now. Oh yes, I do.

Offline JTRIX

• Looking for Green Kame
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2005, 12:09:10 PM »
here is my guess about Aya/Haruto's relationship at the end.

To me, Haruto plays a mental supporter in Aya's life only. When I watch the dorama I always think "does Haruto really like her or that he likes her because of sympathy or just a sudden move?"

At the end of the dorama many of you wonder why didn't Haruto hug her, or had any physical contact with Aya. I think it's because what he said to his father in Ep. 10 after he read the letter from Aya. Remember how before he always go against his father because he thinks he's too strict to him (or anything close to). But at the end he realized that he cannot have a relationship with Aya like he wants (from reading the letter and knowing how Aya feeling), just like what his father told him.

ya... perhaps Haruto felt regret of not being able to love Aya (as in the scene where he looked at the letter/dolphin chain but not touching it). But like I said previously, he's probably in the situation between "accepting his father/regreting himself"
The 5 beams: Sexy Beam, Mayuge Beam/Akabiman Beam, Miracle Beam, and Usa-Chan Beam

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2005, 12:38:44 PM »
I 'played' (in memory, no need to actually do that after such a short time) a few episodes again, and come to think of it, most of what Haruto did was way to 'White Knight' to be true.
It is actually what drew me into this, and not so much the main character (although her struggle is the main thread for this, I think it is also about the reactions of the people surrounding her). Some of the reactions are what I would do, strange maybe but that holding an umbrella *is* something I would do (and have done in other ways)...

So him being added... I am disappointed.

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2006, 07:41:24 AM »
Now where to post sightings??

(BTW, hm, there is some difference is size between those to guests  :) )

JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Mika Nakashima - Forget Me Not