JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Taia - Asagiri

Author Topic: The Golden Laws of JPH!P Fanfiction  (Read 17368 times)

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Prance. Do it. Now. N.O.W.
The Golden Laws of JPH!P Fanfiction
« on: November 05, 2009, 08:45:05 PM »
Finally got around to doing it xDDD

Law #1 Yuuyami is your all-seeing queen. That means I can usually whip you around for no apparent reason '_' That being said, if I see any offender to the rules, I will usually make the edits first and THEN send a PM later.

Law #2 RESPECT. ‘cause there’s a difference between having an opinion and having something up your ass. This is JPHIP, we’re all supposed to be one big happy orgy family!

Law #3 Please put all stories in the appropriate categories~! All ongoing stories are to be in the main section~! The crack-to-go section is seriously crack to go xDDD You make a personal stash and write all your one-shots '_' The library is for completed fiction.

Law #4This is the land of the dropping pants, so there’s no doubt that there will be promiscuous scenes in fanfics '_' Any chapter or one-shot with a fairly questionable moment should be sent to me for screening. If I give my ‘okay,’ I’ll slap the YUU APPROVED label at the beginning xDDD. Usually, sex scenes that are vague enough on details pass the test and are allowed to be posted. If I see something TOO direct like “she slipped her fingers in her lover’s –bleep- whilst biting her -bleep- “ I will send it to the perv xD

Law #5 In the H!P fanfic section, there are supposed to be stories of H!P members. Crossovers are okay as long as H!P members play vital roles. Otherwise, if there are no H!P members or if they play a very miniscule role, the story obviously belongs in the “Other” fanfiction section.

Law #6 Reasonable word titles, please. As for sparkling titles, just as long as it's only SMALL things like :: or *, it’s fine. However, if I see you sparklifying it like:

**¯`-.//*-*//_-_Title_-_//*-*//.-`¯**

I will ban you. Seriously. But other than the titles, feel free to frequently edit it with the recent chapter number and/or the date of the last update~!

Law #7 No hate!fics allowed! There actually hasn’t been any case of this since we’re awesome, loving people, but for the sake of future members, this law must be put out there xDDD I know we all love to make Reina the slut, but there’s an obvious line between joking about it versus being her anti.

Law #8 You are not allowed to plagiarize another writer’s work without permission. While it’s okay to take scenes and ideas from popular works like anime/dramas/books/etc, it is NOT okay to find another writer’s work and copy it word for word (or worse, replacing words with your own). I know I had quite a controversy with Our Cursed Gift being exactly like Fruits Basket with slight changes, but let’s just put it this way: there’s a difference between being influenced by work(s) and wanting to emulate that work versus being a thief who just wants instant fame.

Law #9 Absolutely no representation of minors in sexual situations. Ever. No implications. No morning afters. None of that.  Cute little kisses and the like are fine, but even if the minor tends to be represented sexually in real life media, JPH!P will not condone such happenings. It's in the general rules to not speak of minors in a sexual way, it's the same rule applied here in the fanfics. If you have questions or would like to screen a snippet of your piece which involves something that may be questionable, please PM me or Writerjunkie.

Rules take effect as of November 5th, 2009

Law #9 takes effect as of April 10th, 2013

...xD aaaand they might be subject to change accordingly. And I have a feeling I’ll be grilled at for the terrible irony that is law #8 + OCG…

Questions? Concerns? Ask them heeere :B
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 04:55:29 PM by Yuuyami »

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
Re: The Golden Laws of JPH!P Fanfiction
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 08:51:57 PM »
-pops up-

Law #4 was made with me in mind! not really XD

Law #5 was kind of made for me though. XD But then Yuuchan's Wonder Musume kind of fits that too. :P

And I already chewed you out enough on AIM so I'll leave Law #8 alone. :P

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline almond

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • オ~マイガ~!たかみな大好き!
    • alm0nd
    • ganbanuttah
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 03:45:22 AM »
In regards to #8, would a blatant spoof of a known work be ok? I've been bouncing an (insane) idea around in my head for a while - and probably will never get around to actually writing it - but wanted to ask.

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 04:42:46 AM »
Lmao, of course it would <3

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2009, 07:10:48 AM »
*wanders into the thread she's never seen before while procrastinating on her report*
I read Law #4 and got dirty thoughts...*imagines her beloved TakaGaki and smirks to self*
*tears herself away to go back to work*

Offline almond

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • オ~マイガ~!たかみな大好き!
    • alm0nd
    • ganbanuttah
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2009, 02:47:23 PM »
I enjoy how rule #4's sample sentence includes the word "whilst". It really classes up the sentence. :thumbsup

Offline yellow

• yellow=weird
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • i'm here to read and comment, maybe feedback(?) XD
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 05:30:06 AM »
i have some doubts here... is it banned to post something perv on the characters that are minors?

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2012, 06:14:06 AM »
^ Yes it is. No pervs allowed for members under 18. You can still write about them, just leave the sex out and we're good.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline yellow

• yellow=weird
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • i'm here to read and comment, maybe feedback(?) XD
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2012, 06:30:01 AM »
another question... how about scene that is super offensive and heavy?

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2012, 07:43:40 AM »
Define offensive and heavy. Lol. Sex is a strict no for the younger members, abuse is acceptable but try not to go into too much graphic detail without giving prior warning.

If you're really unsure you can PM the sections in question to the mods (Yuuyami, writerjunkie) who will vet them for you. Themes-wise we are pretty open as long as you are sensitive about dealing with touchy issues like rape or abuse. We have a broad base of members in the forum and we dont want to hurt people who have actually experienced these things before.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline yunagi

• Tsik
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Fantasy
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2013, 03:15:55 PM »
I got a question (regarding law #8).

A short story(it’s an advertisement actually) inspired me to write a fic. I tweaked it, but the plot is basically the same. It’s just that the way I want the whole thing to unfold differs from the original story. Is that alright or am I violating this rule?
._.

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2013, 03:46:32 PM »
^Parodies are fine. You just state what inspired you and then go from there. We all steal ideas from all over all the time! :D

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2013, 06:21:09 AM »
If it's from another fanfic writer/fiction writer, you might wanna ask just in case? But if it's something like say, from a manga or book series (Naruto, Harry Potter, Star wars, etc) then it's fine.

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Taia - Asagiri