JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Melon Kinenbi - Champagne no Koi

Author Topic: Tech-related problems  (Read 485237 times)

Offline hiyokokun

• _.-= ERI ♥ AI =-._
  • Member+
  • i don't trust u
Re: Tech-related problems
« Reply #2120 on: August 25, 2009, 10:12:47 PM »
My harddisk is making these "click"... (1 seconds)..."clur" sounds. I think it's going to die soon.
So I bought a new harddisk with the same size and using fastcopy to copy files over one folder at a time.

It's still readable, but the speed is only at less than 4mb/s, and I'm worried the problem harddisk will totally fail before I've saved the stuff. With this speed, it should take me 130 hours to copy the whole 1TB.

Should I keep copying. And just hope I can copy it all over by 1-2 weeks time?
Or should I start giving up, and see if I can still find the stuff online?

o_O 1TB, WOW!!!
Have you ever try to change the SATA Cable and Power Cable, in some cases the problem is on the cable.

Offline tiny

• bananasama
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2121 on: August 25, 2009, 11:23:02 PM »
The steps in the above linked kb article do not apply to system/boot drives.
Guess I should have Googled for 8seconds instead..

I've experienced the switched drive letter problem in the past.

Hint when reinstalling windows: disconnect any other drives until after the installation. Otherwise windows may decide to install its boot loader on one of the existing drives/partitions, which then by default becomes drive C.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #2122 on: September 07, 2009, 06:52:50 PM »
o_O 1TB, WOW!!!
Have you ever try to change the SATA Cable and Power Cable, in some cases the problem is on the cable.

I think you're right!
I switched the placement of the harddisks, and also the cabling. Then my C: started getting "click" hiccups, freezing and read errors.
So I unplugged the power for it and tried one from the other HDs and it doesn't "click" anymore. :D

I'll still need to take it down to the local PC shop for replacing HW, but it should be faster since the problem has been isolated.

Thanks a lot! :bow:

Offline hiyokokun

• _.-= ERI ♥ AI =-._
  • Member+
  • i don't trust u
« Reply #2123 on: September 08, 2009, 12:48:51 AM »
 :lol: Even it's not mine, just thinking 1TB collection (video, PV, pics) gone **pooof** that's a scary thing.

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #2124 on: September 08, 2009, 07:19:54 PM »
The index page is causing my browser to hang again.

It stopped for a while, but the problem started recently. I don't know if it's the shoutbox or not, because I've already minimized it so it doesn't show up.

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #2125 on: September 12, 2009, 04:22:17 PM »
Can anyone recommend an easy to use and free program for video editing? The only thing I need it for is to cut fragments out of a larger file. That's it. I tried Windows Movie maker, but it won't even play the file I want to edit.

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2126 on: September 12, 2009, 06:47:13 PM »
Can anyone recommend an easy to use and free program for video editing? The only thing I need it for is to cut fragments out of a larger file. That's it. I tried Windows Movie maker, but it won't even play the file I want to edit.
You tried the new downloadable 'live' version of Movie Maker? Maybe you are missing a codec? Does it play in media player?

Offline Guchi_Jnr

• Livin' Your Dream
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2127 on: September 12, 2009, 06:54:32 PM »
^ http://sourceforge.net/projects/virtualdubmod/files/
Very simple and quick..
Just make sure you set "video" to "Direct stream copy", otherwise it will try to re-encode the video..

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #2128 on: September 13, 2009, 11:24:34 AM »
^It won't instal because i'm missing corona.dll

I dlden that dll file, but it still won't install  :oops:

All I want is to remove some laughs and irrelevant bits from the Hello! Morning English lessons, so I can take them to class for analysis. This is so frustrating, I have the exact times of the stuff I want to use written out, but I lack the software (and/or skills haha).

edit: ah, I dlded the 'all in' version.. I think it works now.

edit: how is this simple and quick!? :bleed eyes: I feel like an idiot, haha. Even the FAQ is way to complex for what I want.

edit: I think I'm getting the hang of it..  :nervous

« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 01:38:46 PM by BarrieV »

Offline zakdl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2129 on: September 21, 2009, 11:20:37 PM »
Dunno how this is happening but I hope someone may know how to fix this :)

So I reformated my comp and installed Firefox today. Before my reformat it was working fine and wouldnt crash but as of today when I view profiles/pictures on myspace it always crashes :/
This happened to anyone before? Anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance! :)

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2130 on: September 22, 2009, 01:51:30 AM »
I have a WRT150N Wireless N Router and is in need of a antenna to expand my network a bit.  Now I saw alot of antenna, but mainly for Wireless-G routers. 
Is there any that is compatible with my router? 

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2131 on: September 22, 2009, 06:37:39 PM »
^ I think it would be easier to add a second router?

I have not seen extenders for type N yet.

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #2132 on: September 28, 2009, 05:57:49 AM »
hey guys..i got some ISO's and i want to urn them so i can have them play on my PS3 and dvd player, but im such a noob..any help would be appreciated

Offline Guchi_Jnr

• Livin' Your Dream
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2133 on: September 28, 2009, 06:07:29 AM »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #2134 on: September 28, 2009, 06:36:34 AM »
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=burn+iso
I'd recommend either of the first 2 hits that come up from this link. They're both pretty simple to use.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
« Reply #2135 on: September 30, 2009, 02:23:32 AM »
Dunno how this is happening but I hope someone may know how to fix this :)

So I reformated my comp and installed Firefox today. Before my reformat it was working fine and wouldnt crash but as of today when I view profiles/pictures on myspace it always crashes :/
This happened to anyone before? Anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance! :)

Probably something to do with flash.  Check you have an up-to-date version of flash (doesn't have to be the latest version as long as it's fairly recent).
If it's not that, maybe there's an issue with the latest version of firefox, if so then try installing a slightly older version.
Sig gone. Tinypic is no more.

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #2136 on: October 02, 2009, 08:29:41 PM »
The solution is probably simple but I'm getting that "An error occurred, please try again later" message from YT with nearly every video I try to watch.

I switched from using FF to Flock browser (FF was crashing constantly for me anyway), just fyi.

I tried all kinds of things, like refreshing every few minutes, signing out then back in again, clearing my cookies, etc. Still getting the same error.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2137 on: October 02, 2009, 08:59:00 PM »
The solution is probably simple but I'm getting that "An error occurred, please try again later" message from YT with nearly every video I try to watch.

I switched from using FF to Flock browser (FF was crashing constantly for me anyway), just fyi.

I tried all kinds of things, like refreshing every few minutes, signing out then back in again, clearing my cookies, etc. Still getting the same error.

Have you updated your Flash player at all? If so then you haven't downloaded something like Google Web Accelator have you? I know I encountered the same problem you have with it installed.

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #2138 on: October 02, 2009, 09:02:21 PM »
If I don't have the latest, I'm pretty sure I at least have a new version.

And nope, I don't have Google Accelerator.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 09:05:10 PM by shadowstar »

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2139 on: October 03, 2009, 08:23:34 AM »
I've been playing Battlefield 2 Complete collection on PC.  I'd always been playing on single player and never able to play on multiplayer.  For the first couple of weeks that was fine.  but afterwards it started getting boring cuz I eventually reached high score and everything, but never improved.  Then I eventually found out that in order to unlock those other kits and awards and ranks, online play is required.  so I tried several time, but always get kicked out within the first minute. some thing having a high "Ping".  what's does that mean and how do I fixed it in order to play online?

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hamasaki Ayumi - Life