JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Super Butter Dog - Gojuu-on

Author Topic: Puppy Love (UPDATE 1/30)  (Read 23499 times)

Offline writerjunkie

• Junior Moderator
  • Member+
  • KameShige= <3 ^_^
Re: Puppy Love (UPDATE 11/23)
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2011, 08:44:18 PM »
CHAPTER 10

“Gaki-san, I know you're in there so open the door already!” I shout, pounding on the door with the side of my fist.

I've decided to visit Gaki-san after my shift was over. I needed to see if she called out sick today because of our fight, or she really was not feeling well. I know most likely she called out sick because of our fight and I'm here to clear the distance that might be setting us apart.

After all, Gaki-san is my best friend and without her I'll feel lost. She's the only person who can understand me and she's helped me ever since I came to Tokyo. I can't lose Gaki-san! I bang on the door louder out of desperation.

“Gaki-san, I won't leave. I'll stay out here all night if I have to!” I scream, then take a seat on the ground with my back pressing against the door.

I wrap my arms around myself to beat the cold. I said all night and I mean all night! That's just how important Gaki-san is to me. I stare out into the setting sky. It'll get dark soon.

I know it'll only get colder too. I blow on my hands, feeling my fingers starting to burn from the icy cold. Gaki-san sure can get stubborn. Usually a stand-out like this last 3 seconds. It's been ten so far.

I feel my teeth begin to chatter, but I don't want to lose! I'm stubborn too. Then I feel the door give way and I stumble back, standing up to the ceiling. I see Gaki-san standing beside me with a frown.

“You're crazy Ai-chan! You'll catch a cold.” Gaki-san warns.

“Does this mean I can come inside?” I ask.

Gaki-san scoffs. “And you're still so stubborn! Get inside.”

I scurry to my feet and rush inside to the warmth. Gaki-san quickly closes the door and follows me to the living room. I quickly scan the room to see anything out of the ordinary and spot a glass of beer on the table surrounded by a few cans. I spin around and frown.

“You're drunk?!” I blurt out.

“Why should it matter to you?!” Gaki-san sneers, walking over tot he couch.

“Gaki-san!" I cry.

“If you must know I was just having my first drink!” Gaki-san, admits in a drone voice. “I'm only a little light-headed.” Gaki-san picks up her cup and takes a few swigs.

“Gaki-san, what 's wrong with you?!” I yell, taking away from her careless character. Gaki-san is never like this. She's always so mature and careful. “Stop it!”

“I do whatever the hell I want, Ai-chan. You're not the boss of me.” Gaki-san coldly snaps. She finishes her cup and pours the rest of the beer into it.

Fueled with anger, I run over and snatch the cup out of Gaki-sans hand. She doesn't even flinch, but takes another can and drinks from it. I take that too then grab Gaki-san shoulders and shake her.

“Gaki-san, you need to tell me what's wrong, please?” I beg.

Gaki-san looks at me with dazed eyes then shoves me away. I nearly fall back, off guard to such an attack. Gaki-san turns away from me and storms into the kitchen.

I follow her, but keep my distance in case she becomes more violent. Right now, I don't know anything she'll do. She's become completely unpredictable to me.

“I don't have to tell you anything, Ai-chan!” Gaki-san replies.

“Well, can you at least stop drinking? You have work tomorrow.” I remind her.

“It doesn't matter.” Gaki-san whispers. “I'm going to quit.”

I feel my heart stop. Gaki-san...will leave Morning Cafe? B-But why?! She loves it there! I don't understand.

Why is she making this sudden decision?! We're supposed to be best friends. We tell each other everything! What is Gaki-san hiding?

Then, I sudden remember Sayu's words with Linlin in the locker room today. I over heard them and got curious since they seemed to try and keep the conversation in secret.

'Gaki-san has always liked Ai-chan, but she never will confess that.'

My whole body goes numb and I grab on to the counter to hold myself. I can't believe it...all this time Gaki-san has always watched after me because she...loves me? Sayu wasn't making up a rumor?

Oddly, I feel like crying. I look at Gaki-san with a completely dreaded face and see that my tears are starting to turn my view hazy. I bite my bottom lip to gain back some courage so that I won't sob.

“Is it true?” I quiver.

Gaki-san looks at me with a confused face. “What?”

“That you love me.” I watch Gaki-san's face go pale. “Answer the question Risa. I need to know!”

I rush over and grab Gaki-san to have her face me.

“Don't be silent. Tell me! I have a right to know!” I insist.

“And what difference will it make?!” Gaki-san yells. “Will you love me back?”

I freeze. Love Risa back? I'm not sure if I love anyone. I've never been so confused. My best friend...the one person who's looked after me like a sister...is in love with me.

What does this mean? What about our friendship? Do I love Gaki-san too, or should I love her back because she wants me to?

Nervously, I lick my lips before gathering my thoughts. I have to tell her something. I have to comfort Gaki-san somehow.

“Gaki-san I-”

In an instant, Gaki-san steps up to me, but inside of getting a smack to the face I'm...kissed? She's kissing me! I can feel her lips press onto my own. My heart races and my entire body turns to lead. I feel like a huge rock stuck to the ground.

How should I react? Should I hold her? Maybe...kiss her back to try and comfort her like I've planned.

Unsure of what to do, the only thing that only seems to process into my mind is how soft and warm Gaki-san's lips are. Just like Eri's. ERI! I break the kiss and take a step back somewhat disgusted from what we just did.

I can't understand why, but having Gaki-san kiss me just didn't...seem right. It isn't how we're meant to be, but then what are we meant as? My heart rate increases and I feel my breath start to quicken. I think I'm panicking. I'm about to panic!

I try to make a run for the door, but I trip and Gaki-san sees this as a chance to go after me. I can't seem to see everything properly or register the events around me anymore. I'm staring up at her, completely frozen. I jolt when I feel Gaki-san's body against mine when she hugs. Even this simple hug isn't right.

“Ai-chan...I love you. Please, please Ai-chan, love me back?” Risa tearfully pleads.

I try to squirm out of Risa's hug, but she has me held down. “G-Gaki-san...I shouldn't be here!” I grunt. “We're friends. We're only...”

Gaki-san kisses me again and I become stiff. Why is she doing this?! She's taking advantage of our friendship. I know I should comfort her, but not like this! This isn't supposed to happen.

Gaki-san takes my hand and starts to move it towards her pants. What is she...I nearly have a heart attack when my fingers touch something hot and soft.

“Gaki-san, please?! I-I can't!” I croak.

I don't know why I'm rejecting this. It isn't like I'm dating anymore. I'm single, but it just feels so wrong. It's like I'm not meant to do this with Gaki-san. Does this mean my heart belongs to someone else?

Was I in love all  along, but never knew it? I can't understand! I'm drawn tot his, my body reacts, but in my heart it's telling me no! Gaki-san lets out a moan and grips on to my sleeve with her free hand.

“Please Ai-chan...” she whispers. “...move your fingers inside of me.”

“Alright already, I'm coming!” The door opens and I race inside out of breath.

I completely ignore Sayu's scary pissed off face and scurry to safety. I have nowhere else to go. I can't go back home and well...I obviously can't go to Gaki-san because she's the cause of my distress!! I've never been so clueless.

I feel trapped. I'm stuck in something I have no control over. I feel tears form in my eyes. Sayu's the only one I have left, but if she kicks me out and our friendship breaks up because of this I know I'm really doomed then.

“S-Sayu...I did something bad.”

“Ai-chan, calm down you're shaking!” Sayu replies.

She's less angry now that she sees the trouble I'm in. Sayu grabs my arm and walks me over to the living room so we can sit down. I can use the rest. I ran all the way over here. I can feel my legs start to burn and ache.

When I sit down I try to think thoroughly of what to say before speaking. I wonder if I'll have the courage to even tell Sayu my problem. It's still hard for me to understand that it's even happened. I'm a terrible friend!

I've probably hurt Gaki-san and Eri. If I don't say anything though I'll end up feeling worse so I have to get this off my chest. Alright, I'll tell Sayu.

“I visited Gaki-san.” I say, feeling myself start to shake again. “She confessed to me.”

Sayu's eyes open wide in shock. “Wow...I didn't think she had it in her.” Then her shock turns to confusion. “I don't get why you're so freaked out though, Ai-chan. You're both a couple now, right? It's no big deal. I support you both1 You know Gaki-san has always-”

“I don't love her!” I interrupt.

“T-Then why are you...”

I burst into tears. I'm an awful person! I'm a terrible best friend! I don't deserve Gaki-san. I take a few deep breaths to calm myself and wipe away my tears with the back of my hand. I feel Sayu rub my back to try and sooth me.

“Gaki-san confessed to me when she was drunk. Then she kissed me and I...did something I shouldn't because she was drunk, but she wouldn't let me go!”

I had no choice. That's it...I didn't have a choice. She needed it. I felt no emotions for her when I did. I felt nothing, but sort of...pity? I felt bad that Gaki-san will never have my love, because I'm very sure I love someone else.

“Ai-chan, you didn't sleep with her did you?!” Sayu shrieks.

“N-Not really.” I bashfully say.

“WHAT?! You don't know?! Ai-chan, it's a yes or no question.” Sayu growls.

If I'm going to tell Sayu I have to tell the truth. I have to because I feel so guilty and I hate this guilt. It hurts so much as if someone punched me six times in the gut. I know Sayu will be mad, but I have to do it just for some sort of release.

“She wanted me to touch her, okay! I didn’t do anything after I swear!” I stutter. “I-I kind of...had my hand...in her pants.”

“WHAT?!! Ai-chan that's sex! It's one-sided, but you had something intimate with her!” Sayu finalizes.

“No listen! I had my hand there, but I didn't do anything. I left. I kissed her a few times, but that's it.” I explain, hoping it'll squash Sayu's rage. “I didn't mean to. I just didn't know what to do. I didn't want to hurt her. She's my best friend Sayu.”

Sayu's arms wrap around my shoulder and I lean over to hug her.

“Can I...stay here tonight?” I quietly ask. “I don't want to be alone.”

Of course that's a lie. I just don't want to face Eri because I know she'll smell Risa on me. I'm not going to face her angry again. Not after witnessing the strength she has when she's pissed. I'm better off staying over.

“Yeah sure. Let me get some extra sheets.” Sayu agrees.

“Thanks Sayu.” I meekly smile.

She gets up from the couch and  goes upstairs to prepare a bed for me. I don't know what tomorrow will bring, but I only hope it won't be too drastic. I may not love Gaki-san, but I do value our friendship very much. I want her to be with me as a friend because without her I'll have no one to rely on as I can with her. I need her.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 11:04:37 PM by writerjunkie »

Offline taylortot

Re: Puppy Love (UPDATE 1/27)
« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2011, 09:30:15 PM »
whoa. this left me... blank.
well first of all i've been stalking this fic for awhile wondering when your next update was  :nervous it was awesome  :thumbup
eri is adorable in this story~
danggg poor gaki-san  :gyaaah: ai-chan is quite the pimp here, isn't she?

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2011, 06:25:15 AM »
Poor Mame, unrequited love is the worst. And poor Ai, she's afraid of the one she loves.

“Please Ai-chan...” she whispers. “...move your fingers inside of me.”

:stoned: :on bleed: :imdead:

I so wasn't expecting that.

You know, I'm not really an AiEri fan. I mean, I like to read stuff from my fav authors and because of such I've been introduced to new pairings, but for some reason, this one didn't really stick. So, to hear that Ai doesn't love Gaki, even though I already knew she would be with Eri, still hurts.

I think it's an intrigued hurt, though. I want to see how Ai handles the frightening Eri.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 05:01:05 PM by rndmnwierd »

Offline writerjunkie

• Junior Moderator
  • Member+
  • KameShige= <3 ^_^
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2011, 04:08:33 PM »
CHAPTER 11

I made sure to not leave Sayu's house without taking a shower. I know that as long as I've washed myself well enough Eri won't be able to smell anything different off of me. It's the only way that gave me the strength to go home. I'm only returning back though because I need a fresh pair of clothes before attending work again. It'll be odd if I come to work with clothes I wore yesterday.

I need less attention as I can get right now. So, after getting a small prep talk from Sayu and eating some breakfast I left Sayu's place to continue my plan. I only hope when I get there Eri isn't awake. The walk was short about five blocks away.

Although, the closer to home I became the more worried I also became too. There's no point it panicking if nothing happened so I clutch the doorknob and use my key to unlock the door. I make sure to try and be as quiet as possible when I pull my key out and open the door. I peek inside and see that the place isn't a huge wreck.

So that's a good sign! That means Eri isn't angry, but it can also mean that she's terribly sad. I open the door half way and enter completely. I close the door and lock it before turning back around to examine my house better. Everything is neatly in place.

I walk farther inside to reach my room. I get inside with no sight of Eri still and that's starting to make me worry. Did she leave my house? She's probably out in the streets alone and lost!! Where is she?!

I can't concentrate on that right now though. I have to get ready for work. My shift starts in an hour. I open my draw to search for clothes and throw anything I think that will match on my bed.

Once I settle on an outfit I try to see how quickly I can get into it so that I have time left over to fix my hair and adjust my make-up. Okay, I have to go now. I race out of my room and down the hall.

“Hi Ai-chan!!”

“UWAAA~!!” I spin around, feeling myself about to have a heart attack. “Eri, where the hell did you come from?!”

Eri stops smiling at me and puts on a curious face. She walks over to me and I quickly coach myself to keep calm so that I won't give away anything that happened last night. I don't think she can smell lying. Eri stand in front of me and tilts her head as she looks at me.

“Ai-chan, what's wrong?” Eri ask. “Is Ai-chan sad?” she studies me harder. “No, no, the face doesn't match with that emotion. Is Ai-chan upset?” Eri scratches the top of her head confused. “Hey...where has Ai-chan been? Eri got worried. Eri made coffee for Ai-chan though in case Ai-chan returned! Come have some.”

Eri grabs my arm and pulls me towards the kitchen. I look at her as she guides me, feeling even more guilty. I feel even worse than I did over Risa. Eri is so carefree and kind, but she's also so innocent and that's one of the main reasons why I feel so bad.

I'm hurting Eri. I can't fully explain why, but I feel that I am and I don't like that. Eri doesn't deserve such things. She deserved to be cared for and loved. I wipe any traces of on coming tears before Eri faces me again.

“Tada~!” Eri grins, pointing to the cup on the counter. “Eri spent some time trying to figure out the strange devices Ai-chan uses. Eri would have made you food, but...Eri accidentally broke your...shinny small box.” Eri puts on a sad face.

“My what?” I ask, trying to understand what she's saying.

“It's this weird looking cube that was right next to the coffee machine. I tried to use it because I saw it on TV, but it didn't go so well.” Eri explains. “It's supposed to make the bread solid.”

“Eri, it's called a toaster and it makes toast.” I explain.

“Oh~” Eri giggles. “So...Ai-chan is okay with it being broken?”

I don't think I'll ever leave her alone again. I know she's trying to learn and be more human, but if I lost a toaster I just might lose an oven and before it I'll end up homeless!! I'm going to have to teach her how to make food.

“Where is the toaster?” I ask, afraid of the answer.

“Eri didn't know where to throw it and it was making smoke so...Eri panicked and...I threw it out the window.” Eri slowly asks, ducking her head down.

“What?!” I run over to the kitchen window and peek out.

At the bottom of the tall drop, I see bits of shinny metal pieces all scattered across the floor and the piece of black toast on the ground getting pecked at from birds. What was she thinking?! That was dangerous!

The toaster could have hit someone and possibly kill them! Not to mention, there goes about one thousand yen down the drain. I get out of the window.

“Eri, don't ever cook again!” I yell. “It's a miracle you didn't blow up the coffee machine!”

Eri starts to pout and she's tearing. She always does this. How can she do something bad and not expect scolding after? I wonder if she fully thinks anything through. I can't have her crying though it makes me feel bad.

“Oh come on, don't cry Eri.” I complain. Her bottom lip starts to tremble. “Okay, I'm sorry! Just don't cry.” I feel her hug me and squish me against the counter.

“Does this mean Ai-chan will try the coffee?” Eri questions. “Eri tried hard to copy what was on TV.”

I sigh. If I say no she'll most likely cry again. So, if it'll keep her not only from not crying, but happy I'll do it. I take a hold of the cup handle and pick it up to take a sip. It's a little too strong. I put the cup down and try to figure how I should comment on it. I don't want to hurt her feelings.

“Uh...not so bad Eri. It's just a little too strong than what I like.” I say.

“Oh...” Eri pauses for a second and I'm preparing myself in case she cries again. “Eri will do better next time.”

At least she isn't crying. I glance at the lock in my kitchen and sigh. Okay, I really have to go or I'll be extremely late!

“I'm sorry Eri, but I have to go now!” I say, making a dash towards the door. “I have to get to work.”

“But...Ai-chan~!” Eri whines. “Eri barely got the chance to see Ai-chan. Can't Ai-chan stay?”

“I'm sorry Eri, but I have to go.” I decline.

“Well...can't Eri come too? Eri will walk Ai-chan to work.” Eri happily says.

I suppose a walk with her won't hurt. It'll keep my mind clear and off of what happened last night. But then how will Eri get back home by herself? Eri puts on a pout, begging me with her eyes to say yes. I really hate when she does that! I can never win when she does that! I groan.

“Okay, you can.” I agree.

Eri smiles and claps then runs towards the door.

“Hey wait, you'll need a coat!” I call, and grabs any coat from the closet.

Then I run out to catch up with Eri after I lock the door. I fear she'll end up running right into traffic. I decide too, scared of that small thought becoming a reality.

“Eri not so fast!!”

“Hey, Ai-chan, what's that!” Eri questions, pressing her nose against the tank.

I know I should be at work by now, but for some reason Eri decided to make a stop at a pet shop out of curiosity. I don't know why. Why would she like to be in such a place like that, but she kept nagging me about it.

I thought it was going to be quick, but five minutes has already past and we're still here! I think though she probably wants to be here because she's part animal too that she wants to see others. I think it's not so much of a good idea anymore.

I sigh and look to where Eri is pointing. She smells the tank and takes a step back, observing the animal swimming inside the tank.

“It smells salty.” she notices.

“Don't even try to lick that glass!” I command.

I've also found out Eri has a taste for anything salty, but as not much as anything sour. She also obsessively eats cheese. I'll have to watch what she puts in her mouth more carefully. Eri stops moving and continues to stare, interested in the sea animal inside. She looks back at me.

“Is Ai-chan going to tell Eri what it is?” she ask again.

“That's a turtle, Eri. Haven't you ever seen one?” I flatly say.

“Eri has never seen other animals except my own kind.” Eri answer, turning back to the tank.

“Hold on...so that means there are more...like you, but just different types?” I whispers, looking over my shoulder to make sure no one is in hearing length to our conversation.

“Uh-huh, lots!” Eri says, as if it's no big deal.

A whole world full of  not only dog people, but lizard people and bears. The list just goes on! Do any other animals turn into humans?

This sounds too far fetched and yet Eri is living proof of a dog person. Or...dog girl. Does this mean that not only dog people will come looking for Eri?

“Eri, does that...”

“Hey, you two! Are you going to buy something or what?!” The clerk shouts.

I take a hold of Eri's wrist and yank her away from the tank. I march out the store, getting back on to the track that brought us out in the first place and that's work. I can ask Eri questions later.

“Ah, Ai-chan, right on time!” Yoshizawa-san sighs.

Ah, crap. I didn't expect to see Yoshizawa-san here. I wonder if anyone even showed up today. I kind of don't want Gaki-san to show up though, but I don't want her to quit either! The sound of my name brings my attention to my friends at the counter. 

I can see Sayu and Linlin walking around to clean the tables, but I can't find Gaki-san anywhere. The back door opens and I kind of wish it's Gaki-san, but it's Reina. She finally decided to show up?

“Good afternoon Ai-chan.” Ishikawa-san greets. “Oh, who's this? A new friend of yours?”

I look to my left and remember that Eri is still next to me. I take a step aside to give my two boss a good view of Eri. There's no point in trying to hide her from them. Eri inches close to me to hide from the group of people watching her. I pat her hand on my shoulder to relax her nerves.

“This is my friend, Eri.” I introduce. “I um...brought here because-” 

“Eri wants to work here!” Eri yells out.

This wasn't the deal! Eri was only supposed to walk me to work not work with me here!

“You do?” Yoshizawa-san ask.

“Eri!” I whisper.

She ignores me and smiles at Yoshizawa-san.

“Uh huh, Eri wants to work here! Is...that okay?” Eri nervous ask.

She puts on a small pout. That won't work on Yoshizawa-san. Unless Eri happens to be Ishikawa-san, which she isn't. So, it won't work! Please say no Yoshizawa-san, please!?

“Alright.” Yoshizawa-san agrees.

What?! Eri can't work here! She's not qualified. She can barely act human! I doubt she can even balance a tray of cups! Eri lets out a yell of joy.

“You can work here for today. If you work well I might consider having you here. We are a girl short and can use extra help.” Yoshizawa-san agrees. “Welcome...what's your name?”

Damn it, Eri doesn't even half a last night! Not one that I know of. What do I do? I have to say something. Eri looks at Yoshizawa-san and I try to motion with my hands for her to say anything.

“Kame!” Eri smiles proudly.

She receives odd looks from everyone. I sigh, wanting to hit her over the head for such a name choice.

“Um...K-Kamei. Yeah...Kamei Eri!” I nervously chuckle.

“That's an odd last name.” Yoshizawa-san comments. “Well...nice to meet you Eri. I'm Yoshizawa Hitomi and this is Ishikawa Rika. We both own this cafe.”

Ishikawa-san waves at Eri, gaining her attention. This is not going to work. She'll get caught and I'll get in trouble!

“I think you will do just fine Eri-chan. You're very cute. That'll attract more customers.” Ishikawa-san proudly says.

Yoshizawa-san and Ishikawa-san leave, but I'm not quite relieved yet because my friends come over to welcome our new member. I'm nervous all over again now.

“Hi Kamei-san!! I'm LinLin. I'm so glad we have another member!” Linlin greets.

Eri laughs. “LinLin sounds funny.”

“Eri!” I scold.

She looks at me with a sad face.

“Did Eri do something wrong?” she ask.

“Ah she is really cute!” Sayu squeals and smothers Eri in a hug. She starts to pat the top of Eri's head. “You are so adorable~!! I'm Michishige Sayumi, but Sayu will do just fine.”

Eri starts to smile and nuzzles against Sayu, enjoying the affection. I think now is the time to pull Eri away from Sayu before she ends up getting licked on the face. I take a hold of Eri's arm and pull her away. I bring her to the back of the counter.

Now that she's here and working for the day I should give her the required uniform for the cafe, a maid outfit. I don't agree with this, but I don't have much of a choice since I don't own this place. I pull her into the back room, ignoring my friends' stare.  I pause as I notice Reina's odd stare at me, but looking closer I see that she isn't for once looking at me, but at Eri instead.

I check to see if Eri is uncomfortable with Reina looking at her, but she isn't. Eri just looks really...mad? I walk a little faster and open the back room door.

Of course, the oddness doesn't end there because I see Risa standing in the middle of her room putting on the last piece to her outfit. We stare at each other for a while and I eventually just decide to look at the floor. I think it was better that either I stay home or Risa.

The staring is over because Risa brushes pass me without a hello and leaves. I sigh and focus back to the task at hand. I open a spare locker and take out the folded pieces of clothing needed to complete the uniform.

“Now remember Eri. You're a human and so you have to act like one.” I remind her.

“Okay~!” Eri happily replies. “Eri will do her best!”

“Let me help you get your outfit on.” I suggest.

I think today is going to bring even normal stress than I normally have. I'm not sure if I can handle that.

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Puppy Love (UPDATE 1/28)
« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2011, 05:06:50 PM »
Oh gawd! Eri at work?! She already killed the toaster, what next?

Offline gracula

• Blame Sayu for
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2011, 09:24:37 AM »
I feel uncomfortable for Ai-chan. Workplace hell, indeed.

I could so imagine Eri shouting 'Kame!' with that cute open-mouthed smile, looking pleased with herself.

As with all love triangles (trapezoids?), may i suggest the Harem Ending?  :P

"I'm still blaming Sayu for my lolicon tendencies now." ~Essy

Offline writerjunkie

• Junior Moderator
  • Member+
  • KameShige= <3 ^_^
« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2011, 12:06:51 AM »
@ gracula - harem ending?! XD That would be interesting. I might use that for a different fic. I already have an idea of how PL will end.

CHAPTER 12

“Takahashi-san...are you okay?”

I stare away from watching Sayu laughing and joking with Eri as she teaches her how to work the cash register. Sayu has kept Eri busy mostly all day, so I don't have to worry about Eri coming to me complaining, or trying to be affectionate with me. Even though that has been keeping me somewhat stress free today somehow, watching Sayu and Eri interact with each other annoys me also. I haven't kept my eyes off them since.

I'm mostly worried what Eri will do something bad, but also that Sayu will try to do something to take advantage of Eri. Who wouldn't when they see a person so pure and innocent as Eri? I had to throw a customer out an hours ago because he was getting a little too...'personal' with Eri.

Of course, Eri had no idea the guy was intentionally touching her and Sayu should be no different with that. Eri can't easily trust anyone. I force myself to turn away from my two friends and finally look at Linlin.

“Y-Yeah, I'm fine.” I reply, focusing on the broom in my hands.

“Everyone has been acting so strange today Takahashi-san.” Linlin mumbles, viewing her surroundings. “Niigaki-san, is silent. She always looks angry and well Tanaka-san...looks angrier! Michshige-san is acting weird. It's like she's in love. The atmosphere around here feels tense.”

I clutch the broomstick tightly at the mention of Sayu. I can't let my anger get the best of me! Calm down. Calm down Ai-chan! I shouldn't take anything out on Linlin. She did nothing wrong. I just have to try and give her a good answer that doesn't show how angry I am.

“Really? I don't think I've noticed.” I reply.

That wasn't what I had in mind. I know Linlin isn't easy to fool. And of course, these odd behaviors can be seen easily except Reina's might be a little difficult to get a hold of. Considering, that she's always angry and has a scowl on her face.

“Has something happened with you and Niigaki-san?” Linlin questions, unaware of how touchy that question is to me.

I look up at her and put on a stern look. I can't lose my temper, no matter how angry Gaki-san makes me right now. But, she's been drilling holes in my back all day with her constant glaring. I'm not really sure how much more of it I can take.

“Linlin, this is something that should not be discussed in public. Besides, what might be going on between Gaki-san and I is private.” I answer, in a stiff tone.

“O-Of course! I'm sorry Takahashi-san.” Linlin stutters. She looks a little startled. Maybe even a little afraid? “I'll just go clean the tables.” Then she runs off.

I sigh. Damn it! There I go hurting someone else. I didn't mean to come on too strong. I'll have to apologize to Linlin right after work.

I take the broom and march towards the back. Maybe if I just go out back for a little I might be able to cool myself down. Some fresh air might help.

I walk towards the counter and speed up when I see that I'm near Sayu and Eri and I'm pretty sure now Sayu is just flirting with Eri. This is a cafe not a hook up place! I make it to the back door.

“Ai-chan?”

I freeze. Even though Eri looked like she was having a good time she must have been watching me as I approached them. She's a lot more observant than I thought. I turn around to see two pair of eyes on me.

Only Eri's seem to show the most concern about me and she's completely forgotten about Sayu. I sort of want to smile at that and laugh. Maybe rub it in Sayu's face...just~ a little.

“Yeah?” I ask.

Eri walks over to me and holds on to my wrist. The way she's staring at me. It's like she wants to help me, but it also looks like the only thing around her is me. It's like I matter to her and I'm the only thing that does. I start to feel nervous and gulp. I pull my arm away.

“Eri, we're in public.” I whisper.

Eri frowns. “Something is wrong with Ai-chan.” she notices. 

Eri takes a hold of my arm again and pulls me towards the back. I don't really have much of a choice when she's this controlling. She may seem cute and innocent, but Eri is sure stronger than she looks.

So, in order to not end up slammed into a wall about half a foot away again, I just follow Eri without any protest. She completely ignores the looks she gets from the others and doesn't stop walking until we're out of the cafe, standing next to the back door. That's when she also looks at me again, but with a little more of a determined face.

“What's bothering Ai-chan?” Eri ask. “Eri wants to help.”

I stick my hands into my pockets and duck my head. If I was nervous before I'm beyond that emotion that all I want to do is probably puke or have myself melt away from the embarrassment. I know there is no one in this alley way. No one can either see us or hear us, but I still feel so exposed here.

Probably because I'm with Eri and she has this sort of dominating look in her eyes. She wants to get her answer and I have a feeling that if I don't give it to her she'll keep me out here all night. Should I just tell her, or keep up my strong front?

“It's nothing!” I yell.

The strong front is is then. Eri folds her arms over her chest and grimaces.

“Ai-chan is lying.” Eri disappointingly says.

“How would you even know if I'm lying?” I angrily ask.

“The longer Eri is around Ai-chan. The more Eri will starts to smell and sense the emotions Ai-chan is in.” Eri points to her nose. “My sense of smell is strong.”

I'll never get a lie by her then. It'll always have to be the truth with her and I don't think I want to tell her the truth. I feel that if Eri knows it'll only hurt her so badly she'll never want to see me again.

I know a long time before I would have wanted that, but now, I don't want Eri to leave me at all. I don't need her to stay, but it's just...I want her to stay. I put my head down to try and hide my tears. I feel Eri place her hand on my arm to comfort me.

“Ai-chan?” Eri softly speaks.

I take a step back to break the contact. I still keep my head to the ground though.

“I'm sorry.” I whisper. “I always seem to hurt people and I never mean to, but...everything just happens too quickly! And I...never think things through.”

There's a long pause between. It feels like days, but I'm sure it has only been a few seconds, but in that time my entire body entered a state of panic. I became so scared.

I'm terrified, but I don't know why. There isn't someone putting a gun to my head, but in some odd way it feels like that. I can feel my lips start to quake.

“What is Ai-chan talking about?” Eri finally speaks.

“Eri, how can you be so sure what you feel towards me is love? How do you even know that you're IN love?” I ask.

“It's hard to explain Ai-chan. It's just...this feeling I get. When I look at Ai-chan I feel so warm inside. And...when Eri thinks about Ai-chan I can't stop smiling. Then...when Eri is near Ai-chan Eri's heart...it feels funny.” Eri explains. She carefully takes my hand and moves it up so it's between us. Then rest it onto her chest.

My knees turn to rubber at the feel of my hand against her, but I fight against my body's reaction to stand. I look up from the gravel and stare at Eri. She smiles at me and it's the happiest and most heart warming smile I've ever seen. It knocks the air right out of me and I'm speechless.

“Eri's heart beats so fast. I can't control it.” Eri states. “Eri may not know love from experience, but I do know that I have never had these reactions to anyone else Ai-chan. That's how Eri knows what love is.” 

Eri closes the gap between us and I only have a second to let out a gasp then our lips are sealed into a kiss. This one though, is so different. It isn't rough or dominating. And Eri isn't doing this because she's trying to claim what's hers. She's doing this because she loves me.

With my brain cut off from all logic, my body shift into auto-drive and my arms encompass Eri's waist in a firm hug. I feel my head lightly bump against a brick wall. Eri's kiss is so gentle. I pull her closer to press our bodies tightly together and moan.

It feels like the natural and normal thing for me to do. I feel myself start to tear. And as soon as that single drop falls, a truck full of emotions hit me at once. I quickly release my hold on Eri and make some distance between us.

“Ai-chan is...crying?” Eri notes, in a state of shock.

“Eri, I have to be honest with you. I've...done something bad Eri.” I confess. “And I'll understand if you don't want to be around me anymore, but it's only fair that I be honest with you.”

I take a deep breath to prepare myself. I don't know what Eri will do, but I know for sure how she'll feel. But there is never a good enough time to tell her.

She just has a right to know what happened last night. Feeling more courage, I open my mouth to confess, but Eri immediately turns into a defensive pose and puts herself in front of me.

“Ai-chan, someone is here.” Eri warns.

Offline kano-chan

• Member+
  • ~Angel Miya~
Re: Puppy Love (UPDATE 1/30)
« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2011, 12:54:34 AM »
Omg! I love this story~ :heart: (Been lurking around for a bit..) :P

This chapter is sooo cute! Well, the part with AiEri moments, of course. Gaki is just scary now. :nervous Poor Linlin for getting yelled. :( Sayu is trying to hit on Kame. ;) Reina and Eri are like cats and dogs. XD Well...duh, but they seem to really hate each other. I don't feel like Kame was running away from Reina since she wasn't scared, but angry. :roll:

What if someone was listening on their talk? They're right by the back door.. :O

Who's there?? :panic:

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #68 on: January 31, 2011, 04:53:12 AM »
Man, you've been churning them out! Aw, I'm glad Eri's being gentle, it shows that she really does care, instead of her being all possessively scary.

Now what's going to happen?!

Offline writerjunkie

• Junior Moderator
  • Member+
  • KameShige= <3 ^_^
« Reply #69 on: January 31, 2011, 06:10:33 AM »
^ Yes, I'm coming out of nowhere with new updates all the time. I hope it continues. lol That way I won't be so upset when it comes to lack of updates.

@ Kano-chan, oh a lurker? Well thank you for de-lurking then. I know how hard that can be. I used to be a hardcore lurker myself. I do it sometimes, but I do pop up now and then. lol I hope you continue to read my fics. ^_^

Alright well, this isn't an update, but I drew some fanart for PL about...40 mins ago? lol It's not that good, but I had a hard time setting on poses that weren't too difficult for me to draw.

The only thing I really like is how I drew Eri's leg. XD It's still not so bad though, I guess.

Offline astro18

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #70 on: April 01, 2011, 02:00:17 AM »
This story is super cute :inlove: I hope you haven't abandoned it >_<

Offline xyukie56

« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2011, 10:56:24 AM »
Haha, I read this not long ago & I totally forgot about it because there was barely any new updates !!!  :sweatdrop:

Are you going to continue making me suffer  :doh:  :lol:

JK,

Offline xxkaori-kittyxx

« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2011, 04:47:39 AM »
A where did this story go... I miss it   :cry:

And the other thing on my mind: Who was it that inturupted Eri and Ai's moment? I must know, on your own time of course

Offline writerjunkie

• Junior Moderator
  • Member+
  • KameShige= <3 ^_^
« Reply #73 on: October 18, 2011, 02:33:52 AM »
O_____________O

People still read my fics? XD

Honestly, I have no idea what do with this fic or where to go with the next chapter. I'm having a very hard time with it. T__T

I will try to write an update. I've been meaning too, but I'm stuck and this fic kind of fell apart with the plothole and messed up characterization. lol That kind of makes me want to write less, if I can't update this fic I will try to update other fics.

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Super Butter Dog - Gojuu-on