JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Denise Ho - Bing Sam (Ice Heart)

Author Topic: (Group) Rainbow (레인보우)  (Read 118796 times)

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
(Group) Rainbow (레인보우)
« on: April 05, 2010, 06:17:00 AM »

7 members to represent the 7 colours of a Rainbow.
Following the success of Fin.K.L & KARA, DSP introduce their latest girl group, Rainbow.

On November 6, 2009, the music video for "Gossip Girl" was released. November 12, 2009, the album was released. On November 14, 2009, they debuted on Music Core with the group's first single "Gossip Girl", a song about their gossip-filled lives. They promoted 'Gossip Girl' until January 17 when they started promoting "Not Your Girl", a reply song to SS501's "U R Man". On February 7, 2010 they ended promotions for their first mini-album and performed their goodbye stage. [Stolen from Wiki]

Kim JaeKyung (김재경)
Position: Leader
Birthday: December 24th, 1988
Height: 168cm
Weight: 45kg
Twitter

Go WooRi (고우리)
Birthday: February 2, 1988
Height: 165cm
Weight: 44kg
Twitter

Oh SeungA (오승아)
Position: Main Vocal
Birthday: September 13, 1988
Height: 167cm
Weight: 45kg
Twitter

No Eul (노을)
Position: Rapper
Birthday: May 10, 1989
Height: 164cm
Weight: 44kg
Twitter

Jung YoonHye (정윤혜)
Birthday: April 14, 1990
Height: 166cm
Weight: 47kg
Twitter

Kim JiSook (김지숙)
Birthday: July 18th, 1990
Height: 164cm
Weight: 41kg
Education: Hanyang All Girls College
Twitter

Jo HyunYoung (조현영)
Position: Main Vocal
Birthday: August 11, 1991
Height: 160cm
Weight: 41kg
Twitter

Credits: www.prismatic7.com/forum

Discography
First Mini-album (Released November 12th 2009): Gossip Girl
First Digital Single (Released August 11th 2010): A [credit ihoneyjoo]
Second Digital Single (Released October 19th 2010): MACH
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 01:43:22 PM by lollipopgirl »

Offline lollipopgirl

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: (Group) Rainbow (레인보우)
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 06:26:17 AM »
FINALLY!!! I've been meaning to make this thread since their debut because they impressed me soooo much! I think besides 2NE1 & f(x) they were the only girl group to debut in 2009 that I thought was great from the get-go!
Of course they aren't perfect or huge contenders for anything... yet, but their mini album is brilliant! I love every song on it and HAD to buy it :wub: Even their stage presence was great for a brand new group & they did really well in the MV for Gossip Girl too :heart:
The most memorable Rainbow thing for me so far is their FIRST radio appearance where they performed the Spice Girls' Wannabe... All of them sounded really really good and the way they throw everything into it is so nice to see~ Leader does such a great job, well, leading the girls... They really have potential!

With the girls set to return sometime this month with their first album (I think) now is better time than any to be introduced to the awesomeness that is Rainbow :heart: & if you're a KARA or SS501 fan, just do it to help out their beloved sister group :D
Maybe now I've done this thread I will finally learn all their names completely XD

Offline Kimuuu

• Radish
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • strawb3rrykream's girl <3
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 03:44:01 AM »
YESSS!  They deserve their own thread and more love.  I was very impressed with their debut album.  So good!  NEED MOAR RAINBOW!

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 07:57:28 AM »
Yea! Rainbow is the group I got my eye on most atm. :wink:

Favorites have gotta be Jae Kyung (You can tell she's a pro. So awesome. :heart:) and No Eul (Taeyeon said they had similar personalities ;D)

I wasn't a big fan of gossip girl. Not Your Girl was slightly better, but I reeeeeeally loved the medium tempo song with acoustic guitar on the album (참아볼께요/Let's Put It Up). And I also really like the variety of outfits and stages they had during promotion. I was actually surprised and impressed with their looks and performances even if the promotion songs didn't instantly grab me.

Really hoping they break out cause they are an awesome group worthy of lots of recognition.  :thumbup

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 08:22:47 AM »
EPIC THREAD POPS!

new to me totally, the satin sheets got me sold :fap

They sound like the new TLC with the reply song, but with more people of course lol

Offline lollipopgirl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 08:46:47 AM »
You know, I used the satin sheet pics just for you :D

Great interview from when they debuted, I had this saved waiting for the day I got around to this thread, and then forgot when I finally made it XD (Credit to allkpop for the translation)

Jae Kyung

- How did you feel about your debut performance on Music Core?
    “Music Core almost didn’t air because of the baseball game that was being broadcasted live before the show. Thankfully the game ended in good time and we were able to perform. I was happy to perform on such a beautiful stage. I felt more excitement than nervousness because we finally got to go on stage after 4 years of preparations.”

- What did you learn from becoming an artist?
    “At first it just looked all glamorous, but in reality it was a continuous wait. So much time goes into sweating for preparations for the stage. You have to train really hard for the 3 minutes of fame.”

- Your group trained for a longer period than Kara. Did you feel any jealousy?
    “I wanted Kara to do well since we’re a part of one family. I also wanted to get on stage just like them.”

- There are a lot of girl groups out there. What makes Rainbow unique?
    “Humanism. We put teamwork before anything else and our motto is ‘Let’s be able to smile at one another even after a decade has passed’. Group members are stuck together 24/7 and troubles do arise, but we want to show ourselves as one. We made a vow that we will be as one on stage as well.”

- Who do you view as your rival?
    “We come across f(x) a lot in TV stations. We also look up to SNSD. We will work hard to become better than them one day.”

- What changed for you after your debut?
    “I like the fact that I get opportunities to be on stage. I dreamed of becoming an artist ever since I was in middle school because I loved being on stage so much. I love the fact that the fans sing along and I love the fact that this is my job.”

- What is your goal?
    “Being on top would be nice but my goal in life is to be happy. My goal as a singer is to have people feel better when they see us, as if they’ve spotted a real rainbow.”

- Anything you want to do in the future?
    “There are just so many things I want to try. Become a radio DJ, be in a rock band and appear on a variety show… I want to try everything I can.

Woori

- How did you feel about your debut performance?
    “I couldn’t even see anything because I was so nervous. But I smiled because if I said that I was nervous then other members might feel the same way. I’m happy because I spent the least amount of time as a trainee out of the group and I got to go on stage so quickly.”

“4Minute has been frequenting stages lately, and they are very charismatic. I want to become as charismatic as them.”

- What is your goal?
    “I want our group to be constantly growing. I want us to continuously change so that we don’t become old even after 5 or 10 years.”

- What did you learn after you debuted?
    “Some members trained for a long time but some didn’t. That is why we worked even harder and prepared much longer. We still always made mistakes but on our debut stage nobody made a mistake and that felt very good.”

- Anything you want to do in future?
    “I always loved late night radio shows. I think I will be good at it. I’m also pretty bold and I think I’ll do well in reality shows where they make you work your butt off.”

Seung Ah

- How did you feel about debut performance?
    “My parents couldn’t believe it even on the day of the debut. I couldn’t believe it either. I was really nervous but once on the stage it was enjoyable. I cried a river after it was over of course, because of the fact that I had a stage for myself. I prepared about 2 years for this; it was a happy day.”

“For groups that debuted recently, f(x). In a bigger picture, Wonder Girls. We want to show our different rainbow shades overseas too and we plan on learning English and Japanese.”

- What is your goal?
    “I want to keep this teamwork mentality even when I’m doing my individual thing.”

- What changed for you after debut?
    “I love it when people tell me ‘You finally debuted!’ Before, I would just say soon, but now I’m proud to say that I did it. My dream initially was a musical performer, I’m happy that I can sing and dance in front of people.”

- What do you want to do in future?
    “I love being on stage, so I want to try a musical. Also, since I’m in a film program I want to be in a movie. Lastly, liquor ad, something that only the most beautiful girls get to do.”

No Eul

“I’ve been preparing for this moment since 2005. We were the second team after SNSD, so I was very ambitious. I still don’t feel it though; I still feel as if I’m a trainee.”

“2NE1. Their concept and style are completely different from ours but I think there are a lot of things to learn from them. They seem to enjoy the stage for real.

- What is your goal?
    “We might have just started out but I want to get to the top and be the number one girl group.”

- What do others think of your debut?
    “My mom bought a lot of CDs, calling herself the promoter of Rainbow.”

- What changed after your debut?
    “When there were member changes during the preparation phase, I would be so nervous thinking that I might get kicked out. But then I made it to debut, so I felt really proud of myself.”

“A lot of things. I want to learn how to act, although I haven’t started yet.”

Yoon Hye

“I still don’t feel it yet. I heard most artists cry after their debut performance, but I didn’t; my mind was just blank. When I reviewed our performance all I saw was room for improvement. We will get more opportunities in the future and we will prepare even harder for them.”

“f(x), since we’re performing together right now. Some of them are young but they’re powerful on stage and also beautiful.”

- What is your goal?
    “People make a plan and set a goal when starting something – I want to always keep the beginner’s attitude.”

- What do others think about your debut?
    “I gave my mom a CD and she loves it. I can’t believe that I debuted and I think my parents can’t either.”

- What changed after you debuted?
    “It is nice to show our performance to other people. Also, getting to dress in pretty clothes and having people put makeup on me is fun too.”

“I want to have a radio show titled after my name. I also want to try acting and pretty much anything.”

Ji Sook

“We debuted later than we planned to. At first I was really excited and as time went by I had to get a hold of myself. Thanks to the delay I was able to perform in a more stable condition. Friends called me after they saw an article about me, and it felt good because they always asked me when I was going to debut and I had nothing to tell them. I felt a bit nervous because my parents were watching but I think I enjoyed it.”

“SNSD. At first it was an odd name but after they became very famous it became a pronoun representing girl groups. Rainbow wants to get that status as well.”

- What is your goal?
    “7 members of Rainbow are all unique. We want to be a group that can communicate our individual uniqueness well, so that there would be a lot of fun selecting your favorite kind.”

- What changed after you debuted?
    “Now I have a job, I’m proud that I’m no longer unemployed. It is nice to make my parents happy too. They’re proud of the fact that I was on TV and that is the way I feel as well. It is also fortunate that I can show others what I’ve been preparing all this time.”

“I want to be a regular member on a variety show or be a radio show host. I want to do radio because I love talking and it would be fun to tell stories of other people and communicate with fans through the radio.”

Hyun Young

“I didn’t feel it up to right before the performance. I was worried and it felt like I was dreaming. But when we were up on stage some people called out our names; the hard times passed by in my mind and I cried.”

“I want to be like SNSD, be successful as a group and bring out the uniqueness of each member through individual projects. I don’t think anyone here picked Kara as our rival because we’re a part of one family.”

- What is your goal?
    “I want every age group to love us – basically national idol.”

- What changed after debut?
    “First and most importantly my parents are happy. Also there are fans, not a lot but I’m still happy that I have them. There are a lot of people my age who haven’t decided what they want to do with their futures but I’m happy that I made my decision and already debuted in the industry.”

“Release a solo album. Make more money. I loved singing since I was little and although I love my group, I want to try music of my own as well. Ballad is nice, hip hop would be cool too.”

Offline lollipopgirl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2010, 01:13:19 PM »
Aw man, this is so good! :heart:

Offline Ishtar

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • (beautifuldeformity)
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2010, 12:40:07 PM »
Hah, I just got into them a day before yesterday then I log in and see their thread
forum, are you connected with my mind?

Ahh, even if they are newbies in the indrustry, I see a lot of potential in them. I love their voices more in the ballads like I Believe and Kiss, because they sound more like themselves :)
Can't wait for hear more about them...Ji Sook is adorable!! (well, the girls are but I kinda have a crush with her haha)

Offline lollipopgirl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 06:23:05 PM »
Oh I forgot to post this the other day when she got one, but leader Jaekyung has a twitter now http://twitter.com/JaeKyung_K
The reason I remembered to post now is because Woori just got one as well http://twitter.com/nunino
:w00t:

Prismatic7, the international fan forum for Rainbow, set up an account for the girls (or at least leader) & sent the info to Jaekyung when she got her twitter and she went straight on to prismatic to check it out :heart: I went on when she was on, only like 9 member online :lol: but she just had a look around, didn't say anything... So sweet of her though :heart: And I noticed she tweeted them to thank them in English as well :wub:
Oh yes, Leader tweets in cute English sometimes~ :D

Offline lollipopgirl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2010, 06:29:53 AM »
We have more twitter victims~ Welcome Yoonhye, Jisook & No Eul :heart: www.twitter.com/yoonhye90, http://twitter.com/Jisook718, http://twitter.com/No_Eul
I swear this is KARA's influence! XD Once all of Rainbow get twitters that will only leave SY, the tech nerd :O
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 06:40:05 AM by lollipopgirl »

Offline lollipopgirl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2010, 07:58:10 AM »
Leader is so awesome and talented :heart:

Offline lollipopgirl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2010, 04:53:56 AM »
LOL at all the posts by me XD
I love you Rainbow, even if now one else does :wub: :lol:

Anyway, my girls are coming back very soon!!! They should be back with a new song in August, but they will also have a soecial TV show leading up to the D-Day of the comeback, getting to see the girl's prepare... some changed their hair a little so I have to learn a couple of names again :sweatdrop:
Here is the first look at the D-Day comeback special

Jisook never fails to remind me of Reina (with a touch of Taeyeon)... its kinda creepy LOL

In other news, Leader Jaekyung :heart: is a regular on a Korean show called Honey Pot

And all the girls are regulars on some Japanese variety show thing that right now I can't remember the name of lol!

Jisook and her awesome self has also been co-hosting Heechul's radio show... I think its only a segment, I'm completely show.

Offline Ishtar

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • (beautifuldeformity)
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2010, 07:20:36 AM »
Is Rainbow releasing something next month?! That's awesome!
I'm super crossing my fingers that is a song where they can show their vocal talent more , please!
Loved the mini album and all, but the best songs didn't had the attention they deserved IMO

Offline zoolander

• Member+
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2010, 07:42:36 AM »
Holy crap. O_O That video of Jisook, it does remind me of Taeyeon. Never noticed it before.

Her quote about having a job reminds me of Taeyeon too. Freaky.

Damn it! Now that's 4 of them down that I know and like. Gotta say I'm definitely looking forward to some more Rainbow myself. :cheers

Offline lollipopgirl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2010, 05:33:42 AM »
YAY PEOPLE!!!!! OMG I was so happy to see posts here XD
The more you guys post, the more I am motivated to spam this thread... I should flood it with pics but its boring alone :lol:

Anyway, sneak peek at their new song and choreography :w00t: That is... freaking sexy dancing :O What is with DSP and butt moves haha

Offline zoolander

• Member+
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2010, 01:08:41 PM »
*commencing spamming of every Rainbow picture I got in hopes pops will be motivated to spam and keep me updated*

I usually get most of my updates from here since I don't check anywhere else besides soompi threads once in a while (and I try to avoid that place as much as possible). :)

Offline lollipopgirl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2010, 07:06:55 AM »
I lied, that wasn't their new song, just some practice song :lol:
Ohhhhhh zoo~ Jaekyung gifs :wub: I love you!
Alrighty, just for you I will definitely keep this thread updated :heart:

Offline Meania

• shooting for the stars~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2010, 03:27:58 PM »
Ahh~~ :heart: Glad to see Rainbows having another single~
I was worried that they were going to be a one hit wonder group when Gossip Girl was their only single with no signs of change on youtube
;  u  ; I'm looking forward to the new MV!!

No Eul is my favourite =  u  = <3

- Formspring - Twitter -
~ RIP ChrNo

Offline lollipopgirl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2010, 04:53:27 PM »
Woot woot babies, you ready for it~ Digital single on the 12th of August and then a repackaged album in mid September. Seems like no comeback stage till September though, the girls decided that themselves, they want time to accomplish things themselves and really be ready. Wow! Mad respect :heart:

ON the 29th, Rainbows agency, DSPs representatives have revealed something through Union Press "On the coming 12th of August, Rainbows digital single will be sold" and "The showcase story has come and gone but it's the digital single so there is nothing else in progress."

Followed by this, the representatives said "It is expected that Rainbow will release a repackaged album in mid-September. The songs from the digital single and follow up songs will be included" and "The repackaged albums will be sold around the comeback showcase".

Source: DCInside
Tipoff: SookieBunnie
Translations: Seungeun Lee@Prismatic7

Some No Eul for Meania too

And one from predebut, soooooooo pretty with the long hair :wub:

« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 07:46:07 PM by lollipopgirl »

Offline Meania

• shooting for the stars~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2010, 07:01:00 PM »
WOooh! Only a couple more days~~
They better have a music video XD

Thanks for the pic overload lolli~~~ :heart:
Waahh she looks pretty handsome in those pre-debut photos :wub:

- Formspring - Twitter -
~ RIP ChrNo

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Denise Ho - Bing Sam (Ice Heart)